[OTTD] New Silesia

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
tazzy
Engineer
Engineer

[OTTD] New Silesia

Post by tazzy »

New Silesia

Hello, I would like to present to you my current game which takes place on a fictitious island of New Silesia somewhere in the Atlantic ocean between Europe and Northern America. New Silesia is now (1932) part of Czechoslovakia as it's 5th "land" (Bohemia, Moravia-Silesia, Slovakia, Carpathian Ruthenia and New Silesia) and it's capital city is Hodburk (population 105 595), other major cities are Kostelín and Sedlov. Official languages are Czech and Slovak.

Map of the island (1930)

In this first post, I would like to briefly present companies that offer transport services to the inhabitants of the island:

...Image

Novoslezské dráhy (NSD)
New Silesia Railways

NSD was founded in Hodburk in 1860 and since then it constructed 4 major intercity railways (Hodburk - Kostelín, Hodburk - Kraliště, Hodburk - Kostelovec, Kostelín - Sedlov) as well as complex public transport systems in Hodburk and Kostelín. NSD has also two sister companies - NSD Nákladní doprava (NSD Cargo transport) and Novoslezské aeroline / NSA (New Silesia Airlines). The cargo transport company mainly operates coal, sand, iron ore and livestock trains and ships to supply Hodburk's industrial area. NSA was founded in 1928 and currently operates only one air line - Hodburk - Sedlov.

................Image

Československé státní dráhy (ČSD)
Czechoslovak State Railways

This state-owned company was founded in 1927 in Hradetno (originally founded in 1918 in Prague) with one simple goal - build better infrastructure, operate faster trains with high quality services and brand new carriages to make NSD bankrupt so it is possible for ČSD to buy NSD and create united railway network across the whole country. It's first step was building an intercity track from Sedlov to Kostelín via Hradetno which is supposed to compete with already existing NSD track which goes via Sedlec. This railway line will be opened in 1933 and even though it is longer than the NSD's railway, the travel time is supposed to be two hours shorter.
Last edited by tazzy on 23 Aug 2015 13:33, edited 1 time in total.
tasmania devil.
tazzy
Engineer
Engineer

Re: New Silesia

Post by tazzy »

Hodburk

In the next few posts i would like to show you the most important cities on the island. The first one is also the largest one - Hodburk.

Hodburk is the capital city of New Silesia and public transport is operated only by New Silesia Railways, there are 2 metro lines (marked as M1 and M2), 4 suburban railway lines (S1 - S4), 4 tram lines (T1 - T4), 2 bus lines (O1, O2) and 1 river ferry line (P1). NSD is also planning creating at least 5 new suburban bus lines in 1933.

This city consists of 8 parts - City centre, Janotín, Poříčí, Industrial area, Lhotkov, Čerňany, Jihlava and Lesní město:

City centre
70 years ago, the part which is now called City centre was the only part of Hodburk, here you can find the most of the historical sights like the first railway station on the island (Nádraží Fr. Palackého), the first pub on the island (yellow building on the hill) or the historical town hall. But there are also Hodburk's three most important transport hubs:
  • Nádraží Františka Palackého
    František Palacký Station
    This was the first station built on the island (1861) and until 1900 also the most important, but after opening the Central station it serves only as a hub for all four suburban railway lines. It is also connected to metro line 1 and tram lines 1 and 3.
  • Centrální nádraží
    Central Station
    The largest station on the island - since 1900 every intercity train departs from here. This station is also the largest public transport hub in the city, both metro line 1 and 2 stop here as well as three tram lines (T2, T3, T4) and one suburban railway line (S4)
  • Přístav
    Passenger harbour
    There are only two ways how to get off and on this island and one of them is this port where you can board international ships to New York or Hamburg. It is connected to the city via tram lines T1 and T4 and ferry line P1

Janotín
Currently the largest part of Hodburk and also it's business centre - many international banks and other corporations have their branches here. This quarter is connected to the world mostly via the Janotín station where metro line M1 is crossed by suburban railway, tram and ferry. Another metro station, Severní Janotín (Northern Janotín), lies on the metro line M2

Poříčí
An area around the Hodburk river; the busiest station is Poříčí station which is located on the left river bank and serves to people who live in suburban areas on this side of river so they can comfortably reach the city centre. On the other side of the river you can find the parliament building.

Industrial area
A large area that consists of glass works, goods factory and a tinning factory. This complex is the biggest employer in the city so it needs transport connections with a large capacity. There are two stations in this object, one is Sklárna (Glass works) station which is a suburban railway and tram station and the station Černého, which is metro and bus station. Bus line number 2 also serves as an airport shuttle.

Lhotkov
Lhotkov is a former village which was connected to Hodburk in 1925. Main station in this part of the city is Lhotkov station where the suburban railway line S1 stops and you can transfer to bus line O2 in the direction of Černého station or Tomáš Garrigue Masaryk Airport. Lhotkov is also place of operation of bus line O1, which works as a shuttle bus between Lhotkov and the nearby steel mill.

Čerňany
Čerňany is the largest suburb in Hodburk, citizens travel to work from here usually via Nádraží Čerňany where they can use lines S4 and T2 or using line T4 in the western part of this neighborhood. In Čerňany was also founded the largest park in Hodburk - Štefánikův les (Štefánik's forest)

Jihlava
Jihlava is a small quarter on the southern end of Janotín connected to city centre via tram lines T3 and T4.

Lesní město
Lesní město (Forest town) is the youngest part of Hodburk, it was founded in 1926 and is supposed to be a beautiful and calm villa neighborhood with everything it's inhabitants need. This part is still under construction but it already has it's own metro station, leisure area and sports center.
tasmania devil.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Re: [OTTD] New Silesia

Post by Pilot »

I love these Screenshots! Very realistic, feels almost like a real City
Sabret00th
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Sabret00th »

Astonishing, absolutely beautiful work :!: :shock: :bow:
LicTor
Engineer
Engineer

Post by LicTor »

yeah, awesome! :)
samson87
Engineer
Engineer

Post by samson87 »

What is this for a GRF in the Picture ( I make a Arrow ) with the Pools, the Tenniscourts and the Area arround this "Pools"

lesnimesto.png
(5.04 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Deutscher OpenTTD Clan / German OpenTTD Clan
tazzy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tazzy »

Pilot, Sabret00th, LicTor: Thank you very much!

samson87: Well it's not one single GRF but a little photoshoped combination of flogeza's City Objects (tennis courts, pools, gardens), VAST and VAST Fences (pathways, brick wall), World Landmarks Set (flag), INFRA Street (sloping tiles), Finnish station set (sand tiles) and Dutch station addition set (building), everything except INFRA set can be found on this forums.
tasmania devil.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

The INFRA set is available over at Simuscape, and I think most of the sets mentioned are also available through Bananas and the In game content downloader.
samson87
Engineer
Engineer

Post by samson87 »

i don´t find the pools and the Tenniscourts in the actualy City_Objects GRF. Is this a "early release" ?
tazzy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tazzy »

tasmania devil.
samson87
Engineer
Engineer

Post by samson87 »

Thank you :)
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Wonderful screenshots. Well done, tazzy :D
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
S-Transport
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by S-Transport »

Very nice screenshots!
Greetings, S-Transport
My pictures
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

Really good screens and amazing transport system - and great Czech references to Frantisek Palacy, Tomas Masaryk, and of course the first pub in the city is a historic landmark!
Dave

Post by Dave »

*raucous applause*

Gorgeous shots. Truly, truly beautiful screens.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
tazzy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tazzy »

Thank you all for the positive comments, I'm just finishing my exams so my next post, which will be focused on transport network in the capital city, is coming soon. :wink:
tasmania devil.
tazzy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tazzy »

Breaking news!

New Silesians will no longer starve for the latest fashion or the highest quality consumer products! The biggest department store in Czechoslovakia called Breda & Weinstein has opened on May 1st, 1933 on Masaryk Blvd. in Hodburk. This 10 story building is based on the company's first modern department store opened in 1928 in the capital city of Czech Silesia - Opava and is so huge that every entrance has it's own tram station!

PS: This is my first drawing for OTTD, what do you think about it?
Attachments
breda.png
breda.png (946.65 KiB) Viewed 689 times
tasmania devil.
stravagante
Engineer
Engineer

Post by stravagante »

tazzy wrote:Breaking news!

New Silesians will no longer starve for the latest fashion or the highest quality consumer products! The biggest department store in Czechoslovakia called Breda & Weinstein has opened on May 1st, 1933 on Masaryk Blvd. in Hodburk. This 10 story building is based on the company's first modern department store opened in 1928 in the capital city of Czech Silesia - Opava and is so huge that every entrance has it's own tram station!

PS: This is my first drawing for OTTD, what do you think about it?

I say we want more!!! :D
Dave

Post by Dave »

Lovely effort - it might need a bit more shading as it looks rather, er, "clean" right now... But someone better than me at drawing can advise on that!

EDIT: Actually, to be fair - it fits in with the Czech buildings quite nicely.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Perfectly executed work.

My question is on the screenshot: what kind of fencing around the parks? You can throw a link to this set? I really want to build fences around parks in the game :D .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017

Return to “Screenshots”