Pictures of your OTTD games

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
DeadFish
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DeadFish »

Never heard of tunnels then DeadFish? At least, that's my guess.
Ah,. that explains - Duh, I must be stupid - mind you I just started playing OpenTTD. Thanks Puggy.
RiTi
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by RiTi »

BlasterTransport wrote:ok thanks for the info! I hadn't noticed that plane before in av8. EDIT: Well, I might as well post a screenie of my own
feedback please!
The station looks nice and effective. The two airplanes in the sky are more smoking guns. :wink: Just one thing I can't see where it stands for. The way-point "Dutlet Brundhattan" is at the and of a track, or?
Keep life simple...
sc79
Director
Director

Post by sc79 »

Theres a corner piece of track there, its just covered by a section of road thanks to the diagonal crossing patch in the MiniIN.
Athorium
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Athorium »

Here the beatiful city and most expanded at this moment.
Attachments
Athland Logistics LTD., 22 Dic 1992.png
Athland Logistics LTD., 22 Dic 1992.png (360.81 KiB) Viewed 1786 times
ZiggyStardust
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ZiggyStardust »

My first post of game images: lets see what you think!
Attachments
The Picturesque seaside town of Ninninghattan. Tourists are known to often take the ferry to Pronburg.
The Picturesque seaside town of Ninninghattan. Tourists are known to often take the ferry to Pronburg.
Ninninghatton Docks.PNG (355.14 KiB) Viewed 1889 times
Here the former isolated villages of Plonnely and Canton have rapidly grown along the new railway as new jobs and opportunities have been created.
Here the former isolated villages of Plonnely and Canton have rapidly grown along the new railway as new jobs and opportunities have been created.
plonnleycanton.PNG (473.42 KiB) Viewed 1659 times
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Ninnington Docks' railway station looks so strangely real.
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

ZiggyStardust wrote:My first post of game images: lets see what you think!
I think they look nice. The tunnels are a good way of saving space. You're using German instead of British signals though, and the functionality of Ninninghattan Docks can't match its looks. See, if two trains from opposite ends both choose the same platform, one of them will arrive at the station first, and the late train will be stopped at a red two-way exit signal, thus causing a deadlock.

Since Ninninghattan Docks is a three-platform station, you could take a look at http://tt-forums.net/download.php?id=59716 and see how trains from both ends can choose the middle platform without any possibility of a deadlock, and little interference between arriving and departing trains. I think it's the best (but not necessarily good) layout for such a station, until there's a better way for trains to reserve platforms.

EDIT: I've got some screenshots myself now. :) We'll start off with the map which, unfortunately, can't fit into a 800x600 screenshot.
Attachments
As you can see, the towns have grown quite a bit since 1929, as has my transport empire. New additions include a fully electrified line to the east, a mountain line to the west, and lots more vehicles.
As you can see, the towns have grown quite a bit since 1929, as has my transport empire. New additions include a fully electrified line to the east, a mountain line to the west, and lots more vehicles.
Little Hendingstone Transport, 15th Nov 1937.png (69.55 KiB) Viewed 1621 times
RFT
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RFT »

Here's some pics from my current game. a couple of these stations were deadlock nighmares up to recently when I started remodelling them. "north" is top-right.
Attachments
Exford Transport, 1st Dec 2016.png
this was very bad for deadlocking but it's smooth as slik now. the junction took lots and lots of tweaking to get fast speeds on the "straight through" movements.
(344.38 KiB) Downloaded 656 times
Exford Transport, 7th Jul 2017.png
The wider Exford/Batminster/Breamingham Conurbation... nantwell is some way to the east of here.
(417.6 KiB) Downloaded 609 times
Exford Transport, 24th Jan 2017.png
My biggest station and the original hub of the network. 3 main lines converge here from north, south and east. major remodelling in the 1990s to add platforms and remove deadlock, which meant turning it through 90 degrees.
(369.62 KiB) Downloaded 766 times
Rich Tysoe
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Continued from my last post.
Attachments
The main terminus of our electrified railways: Dredhill. Tracks go both north-east and north-west, towards Donston and Lartfingburg respectively.
The main terminus of our electrified railways: Dredhill. Tracks go both north-east and north-west, towards Donston and Lartfingburg respectively.
Little Hendingstone Transport, 19th Jun 1934.png (165.29 KiB) Viewed 1426 times
Donston is an excellent site for a heavy traffic through station due to flat terrain to its south, so we started off big. This is just a rare 'gathering' of EE1s. Normally, you would only see one or two trains at the station.
Donston is an excellent site for a heavy traffic through station due to flat terrain to its south, so we started off big. This is just a rare 'gathering' of EE1s. Normally, you would only see one or two trains at the station.
Little Hendingstone Transport, 29th Dec 1932.png (160.27 KiB) Viewed 1367 times
Let's go back a few years first. This is Ronnley Market just after the launch of our new electric train service. RVs and planes were added later to augment the trains.
Let's go back a few years first. This is Ronnley Market just after the launch of our new electric train service. RVs and planes were added later to augment the trains.
Little Hendingstone Transport, 9th Oct 1932.png (190.15 KiB) Viewed 1417 times
Last edited by White Rabbit on 24 Nov 2006 14:10, edited 1 time in total.
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Continued from above.

All of the screenshots will be from 1937 now. Construction on the mountain line started in 1934/35, but I only had something to show 3 years later. :P
Also, remember that the pictures are in wrong order.
Attachments
This is the intermediate station of our mountain line: Little Hendingstone Valley. Sadly, the station's capacity is reduced by its small number of platforms, and its long tunnels.
This is the intermediate station of our mountain line: Little Hendingstone Valley. Sadly, the station's capacity is reduced by its small number of platforms, and its long tunnels.
Little Hendingstone Transport, 22nd Jun 1937.png (207.15 KiB) Viewed 1232 times
Here's a good view of the new Tank engine and the Standard Five. The outer track is for the faster Pacifics/Standard Fives only, with a nice downwards slope.
Here's a good view of the new Tank engine and the Standard Five. The outer track is for the faster Pacifics/Standard Fives only, with a nice downwards slope.
Little Hendingstone Transport, 13th Jun 1937.png (107.69 KiB) Viewed 17780 times
To the north is the old, old Sindhead Cross line, while new track from Mabridge to Little Hendingstone can be seen in the south. Among the old 4-4-0s, we can see a 2-6-4 Tank engine, a new 4-6-0 Standard Five and short mail train hauled by a 4-6-2.
To the north is the old, old Sindhead Cross line, while new track from Mabridge to Little Hendingstone can be seen in the south. Among the old 4-4-0s, we can see a 2-6-4 Tank engine, a new 4-6-0 Standard Five and short mail train hauled by a 4-6-2.
Little Hendingstone Transport, 2nd May 1937.png (174.41 KiB) Viewed 1227 times
Last edited by White Rabbit on 20 Nov 2006 21:34, edited 2 times in total.
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Continued from above.
Attachments
Two Streamliners fly past each other as an older 4-6-2 enters the tunnel at a relatively slow speed. Now that we're mixing the fastest with the...not-as-fast, we've had to construct a passing lane to allow the Streamliners to overtake.
Two Streamliners fly past each other as an older 4-6-2 enters the tunnel at a relatively slow speed. Now that we're mixing the fastest with the...not-as-fast, we've had to construct a passing lane to allow the Streamliners to overtake.
Little Hendingstone Transport, 31st Oct 1937.png (191.86 KiB) Viewed 1212 times
A second generation of Pacifics was made available in 1937: the 4-6-2 Streamliner. It even comes with its own unique beaver-tail observation wagon at the rear. :) This 4-6-2 is seen departing from the new addition platforms of Little Hendingstone.
A second generation of Pacifics was made available in 1937: the 4-6-2 Streamliner. It even comes with its own unique beaver-tail observation wagon at the rear. :) This 4-6-2 is seen departing from the new addition platforms of Little Hendingstone.
Little Hendingstone Transport, 31st Aug 1937.png (114.95 KiB) Viewed 17767 times
An express passenger train meets is mail counterpart in this remote coastal area.
An express passenger train meets is mail counterpart in this remote coastal area.
Little Hendingstone Transport, 22nd Jul 1937.png (90.01 KiB) Viewed 17763 times
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Continued from above. Last two.
Attachments
Finally, the terminus station of Mabridge. It's the only one to have more platforms than it has PBS signals. While the entrance is unfortunately very large, you can't complain about the way trains navigate it.
Finally, the terminus station of Mabridge. It's the only one to have more platforms than it has PBS signals. While the entrance is unfortunately very large, you can't complain about the way trains navigate it.
Little Hendingstone Transport, 4th Jan 1938.png (163.03 KiB) Viewed 17758 times
We've disturbed Little Hendingstone's suburbs a little too much, so from now on, Wrunnpool Bridge's lakeside neighbourhoods shall be declared the best. :)
We've disturbed Little Hendingstone's suburbs a little too much, so from now on, Wrunnpool Bridge's lakeside neighbourhoods shall be declared the best. :)
Little Hendingstone Transport, 26th Nov 1937.png (74.1 KiB) Viewed 17768 times
orcaz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by orcaz »

These three station is the busies station in my network.

Servicing mainly for main line P01, there are two station that also servicing for other line (P02 & P04) making it the busies area. I have split these three stations to passenger and cargo using stepping station.

According to my plan, line P01's passenger service can have up to 12 local service, 4 semi-rapid service and 3 rapid service. For now it have 10 local service and 4 semi-rapid service. Because these three station location is so near, there are possibility Guston Woods station will be take out from P01's service list and act as a brach line.

Clue where P01 is, click to my previous post
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... start=2000
Attachments
Cyxma Trans, Golden Triangle.png
Larger view
(362.33 KiB) Downloaded 591 times
Cyxma Trans, Little Pruhill.png
(391.83 KiB) Downloaded 549 times
Cyxma Trans, Guston Trutfingwell.png
(376.94 KiB) Downloaded 683 times
RiTi
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by RiTi »

orcaz wrote:These three station is the busies station in my network.
I asume that you have written a handbook for using this huge network? :wink:
Keep life simple...
Athorium
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Athorium »

He, 2 more screenshots of my new odisea with my new used OpenTTD source code and more grf's than my others screenshots ^^
Attachments
Here, a group of towns making a supermetropolis. Extendeds only with 2 bus stations
Here, a group of towns making a supermetropolis. Extendeds only with 2 bus stations
Athland Logistics LTD., 21 Dic 1945.png (921.39 KiB) Viewed 1428 times
Here a helicopter view of "my" town and freight/passenger stations
Here a helicopter view of "my" town and freight/passenger stations
Athland Logistics LTD., 22 Dic 1945.png (536.5 KiB) Viewed 1373 times
orcaz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by orcaz »

RiTi wrote: I asume that you have written a handbook for using this huge network? :wink:
Sure I do... :D
Here the latest service map. P stands for main line, PX is for the branch line. P09. and P10 are in contruction and have been delayed for almost 1 year. Local authorities sure give a headache.
Attachments
Service Map as 1972.PNG
Cyxma trans service map 1972
(313.48 KiB) Downloaded 721 times
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

My UKRS game has just become even more British. :)

This screenshot of Lartfingburg in the early 40s shows the new UK Roadset with the UKRS, HOVS, Av8, UK waypoints, and other generic western architecture that could be British or not.

It also shows a pathetic amount in the bank, especially given that inflation is off..less than £8 million. But I spend tens of millions every year bribing the local authority. :P

EDIT: Added two more screenshots.
Attachments
Little Hendingstone Transport, 23rd Apr 1941.png
Little Hendingstone Transport, 23rd Apr 1941.png (243.12 KiB) Viewed 1469 times
A tiny rural station. No trains stop here yet. I'm waiting for the new diesel DMUs, which can later be upgraded for EMUs.
A tiny rural station. No trains stop here yet. I'm waiting for the new diesel DMUs, which can later be upgraded for EMUs.
Little Hendingstone Transport, 12th Jun 1942.png (155.54 KiB) Viewed 22086 times
The third generation of Pacifics came in 1942, the 4-6-2 Merchant Navy, also for express passengers. Here are two of the new Merchant Navys, as well as an old Pacific and a Streamliner.
The third generation of Pacifics came in 1942, the 4-6-2 Merchant Navy, also for express passengers. Here are two of the new Merchant Navys, as well as an old Pacific and a Streamliner.
Little Hendingstone Transport, 21st May 1942.png (127.39 KiB) Viewed 22095 times
Brianetta
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Brianetta »

That UK road set has the post-1980s "give way" road markings. Looks a bit wrong for the early 40s.
PGP fingerprint: E66A 9D58 AA10 E967 41A6 474E E41D 10AE 082C F3ED
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

If I can have a helicopter on my HQ in 1937 I can have modern roads. ;) Besides, I probably own 1/3 of all the road tiles on the map.
Expresso
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Expresso »

A few screen shots from a game of me with a friend. I just love busy spaghetti networks :D
Attachments
Our only coal power plant (we bring all coal to it)
Our only coal power plant (we bring all coal to it)
Transportfobia, 13th Feb 2269.png (187.63 KiB) Viewed 2467 times
This sort of grew over time. :) It is not the most busy junction on the map, but it is the most spaghettified one.
This sort of grew over time. :) It is not the most busy junction on the map, but it is the most spaghettified one.
Transportfobia, 21st Sep 2268.png (171.85 KiB) Viewed 2629 times

Return to “Screenshots”