Pictures of your OTTD games

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Zimri
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Zimri »

A bunch of screenshots of my long lasting game, i'll admit to using a fair few of the cheats.

*extra destruction
*year cheat

I know there are problably easier ways to re-route some of the tracks, but at present I don't want to as I understand what everything does, where it's going and why it's going :)
Attachments
A closer view of Gatfingbourne, the extensive DMU layout can be seen clearly
A closer view of Gatfingbourne, the extensive DMU layout can be seen clearly
north close.png (364.25 KiB) Viewed 1198 times
A general view of the north of the landmass, massive economic growth has devestated the landscape, not much green left :/
A general view of the north of the landmass, massive economic growth has devestated the landscape, not much green left :/
the north.png (282.74 KiB) Viewed 1215 times
The starting point of the network that will eventually connect every town and city via asiastar trains
The starting point of the network that will eventually connect every town and city via asiastar trains
all towns start.png (312.66 KiB) Viewed 1315 times
Zimri
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Zimri »

More :D
Attachments
These are the power stations that have allowed the cities to grow, massive amounts of coal are needed, hence the expanse
These are the power stations that have allowed the cities to grow, massive amounts of coal are needed, hence the expanse
power stations.png (356.84 KiB) Viewed 1088 times
The Two massive oil terminals used for the processing of oil and it's associated goods
The Two massive oil terminals used for the processing of oil and it's associated goods
oil terminals.png (249.41 KiB) Viewed 1088 times
Just to the south of the major cities, this area is scheduled to be intergrated into the existing DMU networks
Just to the south of the major cities, this area is scheduled to be intergrated into the existing DMU networks
north-south.png (397.94 KiB) Viewed 1079 times
Zimri
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Zimri »

Last one, i don't intend to redesign this station, nothing ever happens, everything makes money, everyones happy, especially me :)
Attachments
Huge amounts of coal and money are deposited here each day, it's what makes the world go around :)
Huge amounts of coal and money are deposited here each day, it's what makes the world go around :)
power-close.png (300.96 KiB) Viewed 1263 times
RiTi
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by RiTi »

Zimri wrote:Last one, i don't intend to redesign this station, nothing ever happens, everything makes money, everyones happy, especially me :)
Nice mess, junk, chaos you created. :D I hope you know where everything stands for. :wink:
Keep life simple...
Zimri
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Zimri »

Until I plan to bring every coal mine in the land into action, there's no need to redesign anything, in the zoomed out shot of the power plants, the western most facility has a spare 3 perhaps 4 platforms I beleive and so those can be bought online :)

I don't have major traffic problems or anything similar, so i'm happy, granted it's a mess and could probably run more efficiently but so be it :D
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

heres a pic of one of my intercontinental airports on peters nightly server. I managed to get a giant que in the air at it.
Attachments
roboboy Transport, 7th Sep 2013.png
roboboy Transport, 7th Sep 2013.png (249.46 KiB) Viewed 1388 times
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
Pug
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Pug »

Well, after a week practice I thought I would post some screenshots of my current game. The UK trainset is truly lovely and I enjoy watching all those trains come by.
Attachments
A closer look at Druntingford, the largest of the three.
A closer look at Druntingford, the largest of the three.
Pug Transport, 9th Jan 1947.png (237.78 KiB) Viewed 1102 times
Flonhill, Pindingworth and Druntingford are becoming quite a city already. A true sight to watch them all grow (with a bit of steering)
Flonhill, Pindingworth and Druntingford are becoming quite a city already. A true sight to watch them all grow (with a bit of steering)
Pug Transport, 16th Dec 1946.png (231.49 KiB) Viewed 1177 times
RiTi
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by RiTi »

robotboy wrote:heres a pic of one of my intercontinental airports on peters nightly server. I managed to get a giant que in the air at it.
How did you manage to get an airport on that spot?
Keep life simple...
Brianetta
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Brianetta »

One presumes he bought the plot long in advance.
PGP fingerprint: E66A 9D58 AA10 E967 41A6 474E E41D 10AE 082C F3ED
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

I always do that. But be aware, othe players find it annoying, and some server admins may not want you to do it.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

A pic of mine, using some stationmod from grwcrawler.tt-forums and r6780.
Attachments
Radborough Transport, 17 jun 1976.png
(227.79 KiB) Downloaded 387 times
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Mark]
Engineer
Engineer

pic

Post by Mark] »

Hi!
Here a cross junction i've made some hours ago. It isn't better than any other, but i was a bit bored with the ordinary ones :p.
Attachments
Patfingley Market Transport, 13th Sep 2046.png
Patfingley Market Transport, 13th Sep 2046.png (127.06 KiB) Viewed 1070 times
Pug
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Pug »

Some more shots from my game. The towns are growing pretty good and right now there are four towns connected into one city network and more are trying to join in.
Attachments
The southern network. Four cities joined together already with a fifth on it's way.
The southern network. Four cities joined together already with a fifth on it's way.
Pug Transport, 7th May 1956.png (258.41 KiB) Viewed 969 times
My northern transport network. Only passengers and mail, although there is a coalstation left behind (with no mine anymore)
My northern transport network. Only passengers and mail, although there is a coalstation left behind (with no mine anymore)
Pug Transport, 4th May 1956.png (288.07 KiB) Viewed 1010 times
Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

Here's a short ride along story about a stopping train on my smallish rail network.
Attachments
Here we see the train rumbling down the slopes past the village of Frinville. A slow grain train can be seen on the down line, with an express tailing sluggishly.
Here we see the train rumbling down the slopes past the village of Frinville. A slow grain train can be seen on the down line, with an express tailing sluggishly.
#3.png (217.2 KiB) Viewed 1000 times
To avoid hold ups, trains that do not stop at Fort Punninghal use the bypass line.<br />A Black Five hauled goods train is seen unloading in the station.
To avoid hold ups, trains that do not stop at Fort Punninghal use the bypass line.
A Black Five hauled goods train is seen unloading in the station.
#2.png (207.52 KiB) Viewed 1009 times
The train is seen loading in Brunwell, a fairly busy station serving and suitably populated city.
The train is seen loading in Brunwell, a fairly busy station serving and suitably populated city.
#1.png (169.79 KiB) Viewed 1035 times
My OpenTTD screenshot thread.

Formerly known as Lankku / 2-10-0
Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

Continued...
Attachments
Re-joining the mainline, the train passes the coal unloading plant and the town of Nonbury.
Re-joining the mainline, the train passes the coal unloading plant and the town of Nonbury.
#6.png (231.42 KiB) Viewed 939 times
The train loads at Wenbury station.
The train loads at Wenbury station.
#5.png (210.52 KiB) Viewed 908 times
The train is seen crossing the junction that leads us to the station of Wenbury. The wood station and trains can also be seen.
The train is seen crossing the junction that leads us to the station of Wenbury. The wood station and trains can also be seen.
#4.png (225.31 KiB) Viewed 974 times

Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

Last three.
Attachments
Lastly, the train is seen arriving in Little Trontfingford, a medium sized city which is steadily growing. The Three platforms on the left part of the station are for traffic going north into the more mountainous area of the county.
Lastly, the train is seen arriving in Little Trontfingford, a medium sized city which is steadily growing. The Three platforms on the left part of the station are for traffic going north into the more mountainous area of the county.
#9.png (189.72 KiB) Viewed 990 times
Up and over the hill, the train passes an ex-hamlet in one two coach branch caused a population explosion.
Up and over the hill, the train passes an ex-hamlet in one two coach branch caused a population explosion.
#8.png (240.16 KiB) Viewed 928 times
Here the train is passing the factory station. The station was recently rebuilt to accomodate the extra traffic.
Here the train is passing the factory station. The station was recently rebuilt to accomodate the extra traffic.
#7.png (238.42 KiB) Viewed 957 times

cdosr
Engineer
Engineer

8-way junction

Post by cdosr »

For your consideration, an 8 way junction. Double tracked north-south and east-west lines cross here with minimal interruption of flow.

There's a similar junction "down east" near the power station. More trains use that junction at this point in the game. That junction is "asymetric" because of the number of station feeder lines that come off it.

New Global Path Finding seems to handle this map just fine, there are no waypoints needed to send trains on the proper way.

Please don't critique the game itself, its purpose is to test the junctions and to jam as many tranins as it can through them. I used the magic buldozer to get things out of the way of the track layout. Keeping the track level and straight maximizes the train speed.
Attachments
Grandpa's Transport.sav
Save game in case you want to watch the trains go by - 154 so far
(1.83 MiB) Downloaded 696 times
8-wat-wide.png
Wider view
(559.73 KiB) Downloaded 746 times
8-way.png
Close view
(386.66 KiB) Downloaded 951 times
graphics_master
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by graphics_master »

Could do with prio to mark the main line. Overall it is good
orcaz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by orcaz »

<PIC 1>A part from Line P01. Because of the trafic, I have to upgrade the line from 2-tracks to 4-tracks. I'm now considering to upgrade to 6-tracks for handling more trafic.

<PIC 2>All my line. P06 and P07 are still under construction.
Attachments
Cyxma Trans, 11th Jul 1965.png
PIC 2
(132.03 KiB) Downloaded 656 times
Cyxma Trans, 10th Jul 1965.png
PIC 1
(308.14 KiB) Downloaded 823 times
graphics_master
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by graphics_master »

Well, Looking at the game. It is not your traffic that is causing the jams it is your network. You could easily firt over 1,000 trains on a 4 track layout and on a 2 track layout you could fit around 200 going to one station. Never, ever cross the track over. Either make a tunnel under or a bridge over.

Return to “Screenshots”