[OTTD] Emperor Jake's Worlds - NetTrans - Tiger Island

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: NetTrans - Now Animated! [OTTD]

Post by Emperor Jake »

STD wrote:Your screenshots in the form of animation, just look cool. Incredibly beautiful, Emperor Jake
A very large and developed network with a large number of different vehicles.
Thanks very much :)

I'll start putting together a gif guide soon.

The wait is finally over! These take about 10 minutes to take and over 2 hours to upload, so they don't come out often.

Click here for the latest full-map screenshot

Hopefully it's jam-up free this time, since adding more trains to a cramped and increasingly crowded network I haven't been able to let it run overnight without a jam-up forming. Every time it happens I do a minor tweak to signalling or station approaches, so hopefully the network will become efficient enough to handle all the trains.
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

How long do you play on this kind of save? Crazy dense!

...and gifs are really simple with the program you posted; I tried. Very intuitive ^^;
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

A few random happenings:

Freight trains only run through Pass Chase station very occasionally, but since the Sirrah Park bridge was quadrupled to accommodate a freight line it has provided a viable detour in case of congestion on the main freight line.

The Yow Yow Rail Museum has increased its collection! In addition to its collection of original electric locomotives and EMUs, it now has replicas of several important models of steam, diesel and electric locomotives from NetTrans's past.

The exhibits include, from left to right:
An E-set E004 from 1942, originally on route between Yow Yow and Daimyo Wafer. Sometimes used on heritage runs.
Two K6 classes from the 2090s, powerful electrics once common on freight trains but retired because they were too slow
(In the shed) A K-set EMU K083 from 2082, once used on local trains around Pass Chase.
A Q-set, similar to NetTrans's very first train albeit a later configuration.
Two E5 classes, including E5043 from 2006, used as engines for ferry transfer trains on the Doubt Jinn Icon-Low Bar line.
A 63 class replica, used on small bulk freights in the early days
A 39 class replica, used on mail and passenger trains
A 25 class replica, used on heavy bulk bauxite trains
A M62 class replica, used on sugar beet trains
A HZ2 class replica, used on light scrap trains to Proteans steelworks
An E28 class replica, the first electric locomotive on the network, used on passenger and freight trains
A WCG1 class replica, used on iron ore trains from Happy End
A DB1 class replica, used on oil trains to Kettle Llama Refinery
A 10 class replica, used on heavy freights such as coal from Tramp Bloke

More historic artifacts coming soon...

Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Here's the aftermath of the disaster at the Viol Ranch bauxite mine branch.

The now closed and snowed-over line. The eleven trains serving the line have been stored, significantly reducing train congestion on the approaches to ESAP.

Fred's Transport has built a new truck loading station to replace the trains. It serves three nearby bauxite mines, supplementing the NetTrans trucks, which may soon be sold off.

However, this comes with consequences of its own. Large traffic jams are forming because the roads can't handle the load. Plans are underway for new shipping routes to ease the load on the road network and reduce the amount of trucks going to ESAP.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] Emperor Jake's Worlds - NetTrans - Tiger Island

Post by Emperor Jake »

Progress on NetTrans is on hold until I get a new CPU, preferably a 4790k or similar, which has the best single-core performance and therefore is the best for OpenTTD. The map is quite unplayable on my old Phenom.

In the meantime, I have been working on Tiger Island and have a few shots ready :)

The mouth of the Tujakat River. It is surrounded by its namesake, the city of Tujakat, which is the island's capital. The beach is a popular spot for tourists and locals alike, and the city itself is bustling with activity.
Tujakat1.PNG
(691.03 KiB) Not downloaded yet

A DMU crosses the bridge at Parwan. This bridge has since been duplicated, as you can see the preparations are already in place.
parwanbridge.png
parwanbridge.png (526.18 KiB) Viewed 8655 times

The oil refinery at Mannville. A regional bus passes through while a ship unloads local crude oil and trains wait for a new batch of fuel.
refinery.PNG
refinery.PNG (279.64 KiB) Viewed 2348 times
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

I could go into detailed lore about Tiger Island, seeing as I made it up in 2001 when I was seven. It was for a school project where we had to make up a country and create a travel brochure for it, and it seemed perfect for a map representing an entire country in OpenTTD; not too big but not small either. It's also part of a far greater imaginary world which incidentally is also the source of my username as I considered myself the "Emperor" of this world. I'll get into more details in screenshot stories when it's more complete. In the meantime, more random glimpses of life n Tiger Island :wink:

A major highway interchange just outside Tujakat. Route 1, the main cross island route, comes across the river from Tujakat's centre and heads west towards Nightingale, a major suburban centre. The Tujakat Beltway, the city's ring road, extends north providing access to industries and a bypass from the congested city centre.
interchange.PNG
interchange.PNG (84.69 KiB) Viewed 8647 times

Vulcan Pass, where the main trunk line crosses one of the island's mountain ranges. A regional train waits at Vulcan station while an equipment move switches to the freight bypass. The diesels have been displaced by electrics in the island's north, and will be given new tasks in the south's growing freight network.
vulcanpass1.png
vulcanpass1.png (220.64 KiB) Viewed 8647 times

An ore mine near Streaky Earth. River barges load while a light railway transfers its load from another nearby mine.
mine.PNG
mine.PNG (121.5 KiB) Viewed 8647 times
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Lovely work as usual Jake, or maybe I should call you the Emperor of Tiger Island! ;) Would love to hear more information about the island, I imagine it would become a lot more immersive (if that's even a word :lol: ) this way
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Pilot wrote:Lovely work as usual Jake, or maybe I should call you the Emperor of Tiger Island! ;) Would love to hear more information about the island, I imagine it would become a lot more immersive (if that's even a word :lol: ) this way
I agree with your opinion. Beautiful screenshots. Very nice to watch them :)) .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Pilot wrote:Lovely work as usual Jake, or maybe I should call you the Emperor of Tiger Island!
You could say that :P

Anyway, here are some stations I made thanks to the updated Japanese station set.

Tujakat Centrale, the main station of the capital. There are three platforms dedicated to the metro line, and the remaining seven are for high speed and regional commuter trains. Metros continue north to the airport and southeast to Tujakat Beach and Lina. Highspeed trains leave for Tyk and Tiger Desert City while regional trains travel to nearby towns such as Riverbend or Centralind via Kalmar or Southside.
Also seen is the Tiger Island Railways HQ, the silver tower (!) in the top left.

The station at Lina, a major outlying suburb of Tujakat. The Tujakat Metro ends here and the line continues as an unelectrified regional line serving various towns in the north of the island and eventually reaching Tyk. The Metro provides either an all-stops or express service to Tujakat Centrale, and the metro track is also used by regional trains in peak hours. A local mail train is also seen.
station3.PNG
station3.PNG (147.49 KiB) Viewed 8408 times
Tiger Desert City station. This city isn't that large, but the station is important because it is the end of the electrified high speed network. Long distance trains have their electrics swapped for diesel traction here.
Continuing on the way to Tigersville on the opposite side of the island, the non-electrified line crosses the vast desert that takes up a large chunk of the island. Seen are a long-distance DMU for Tigersville, a regional from Centralind, a regional DMU for Wubrah and the Pyramids, a high speed train for Tujakat and an all-stops long distance for Junglesville.
station2.PNG
station2.PNG (173.45 KiB) Viewed 8408 times
Continuing the theme of stations, here is Tyk Terminus. (Also my entry for SOTM Oct. 2015) The electrified urban line in Tyk has since been converted to a true metro with third-rail operation. Also Tyk has grown somewhat, however the layout of the terminus is still the same.
Attachments
station1.PNG
station1.PNG (397.52 KiB) Viewed 2348 times
S-Transport
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by S-Transport »

Very nice!
Greetings, S-Transport
My pictures
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Haven't posted here in a bit, but a Youtuber called James has used one of my GIFs in an OpenTTD introduction video (with permission of course)

leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

A lot of great screenshots. I'll borrow some of your ideas ;)
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

In honour of my 10th anniversary on these forums and of playing OpenTTD, I have started on my most ambitious project yet. It is truly on a massive and epic scale, I won't reveal too much yet, but anyway, here's a sneak preview. See if you can figure out what it might be :wink:
It is 1931, and a small railbus pulls out of a grassy platform in the rural village of Mejoduna, having picked up a single passenger.
Attachments
railbusbig.PNG
railbusbig.PNG (179.22 KiB) Viewed 2348 times
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Emperor Jake wrote:
STD wrote:Your screenshots in the form of animation, just look cool. Incredibly beautiful, Emperor Jake
A very large and developed network with a large number of different vehicles.
Thanks very much :)

I'll start putting together a gif guide soon.

The wait is finally over! These take about 10 minutes to take and over 2 hours to upload, so they don't come out often.

Click here for the latest full-map screenshot

Hopefully it's jam-up free this time, since adding more trains to a cramped and increasingly crowded network I haven't been able to let it run overnight without a jam-up forming. Every time it happens I do a minor tweak to signalling or station approaches, so hopefully the network will become efficient enough to handle all the trains.
Wow. Do you actually have a savegame from this so that i can see the entire network (mostly ships and RVs :D)
skyrish19
Engineer
Engineer

Post by skyrish19 »

Emperor Jake wrote: List of aircraft models operated by HFA SkyLink. All are currently in revenue service.
One BAE 146 and Three Airbus A300s, there are more of it back then?
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

acs121 wrote:
Wow. Do you actually have a savegame from this so that i can see the entire network (mostly ships and RVs :D)
I actually have every savegame since 1931, they take up almost 1.5 gigs :D

I might get around to posting one soon, but I'll need to post my modified version of the dutch train set as well...

skyrish19 wrote:One BAE 146 and Three Airbus A300s, there are more of it back then?
They're mainly for variety, also there aren't many airports which aren't busy enough to require bigger planes :wink:
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

I have been playing the Tiger Island scenario, and have really enjoyed its difficulty and intricacy - building across the map feels like a real achievement, while the game script really adds interest. So here are some screens of my game!
Attachments
The Tujakat food distribution centre distributes food traffic to the South East area of the map.
The Tujakat food distribution centre distributes food traffic to the South East area of the map.
Screen Shot 2017-11-16 at 20.50.42.png (868.86 KiB) Viewed 2348 times
Tujakat General with suburban services and a refrigerated train.
Tujakat General with suburban services and a refrigerated train.
Screen Shot 2017-11-16 at 20.46.54.png (712.15 KiB) Viewed 2348 times
A bauxite empties train meets a full scrap train at Opportunity, on the 'transcontinental' line
A bauxite empties train meets a full scrap train at Opportunity, on the 'transcontinental' line
Screen Shot 2017-11-16 at 20.47.21.png (410.86 KiB) Viewed 2348 times
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Emperor Jake wrote:
acs121 wrote:
I actually have every savegame since 1931, they take up almost 1.5 gigs :D

I might get around to posting one soon, but I'll need to post my modified version of the dutch train set as well...

skyrish19 wrote:One BAE 146 and Three Airbus A300s, there are more of it back then?
They're mainly for variety, also there aren't many airports which aren't busy enough to require bigger planes :wink:
Don't worry, i have a great computer which allows me to play my games with friends (remember just that our goal is to have as much vehicles as possible). As once in vanilla just with the Generic Tram Set and Generic Buffers, i reached 4460 RVs and about half for trains, along 2 other companies having similar numbers, i don't fear having so much vehicles on one map.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Kevo00 wrote:I have been playing the Tiger Island scenario, and have really enjoyed its difficulty and intricacy - building across the map feels like a real achievement, while the game script really adds interest. So here are some screens of my game!
Nice! It's great to see someone else's take on the map :D

acs121 wrote: Don't worry, i have a great computer which allows me to play my games with friends (remember just that our goal is to have as much vehicles as possible). As once in vanilla just with the Generic Tram Set and Generic Buffers, i reached 4460 RVs and about half for trains, along 2 other companies having similar numbers, i don't fear having so much vehicles on one map.
NetTrans is enough to bring any computer to its knees, even the mighty 4790k workstation my dad has at work.

Anyway, here's the latest save, however it requires a lot of old, obscure and hard to find NewGRFs which I'm not allowed to redistribute publicly, so please send me a PM if you want the GRF pack.
Attachments
NetTrans, 4782-12-25.sav
(3.19 MiB) Downloaded 220 times
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Why are most of the images in this thread no longer showing up? :( They all seem to still be there on my Imgur account, so I think the problem is with imageproxy.tt-forums.net

Return to “Screenshots”