[OTTD] insulfrog's screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
insulfrog
Engineer
Engineer

[OTTD] insulfrog's screenshots

Post by insulfrog »

this is my first thread for my screenshots and I thought I show you a some screenies from my latest successful network: -

Screen 1: - This screenshot is the landmass around Sherbrook and also where one of my mainlines start. The screen shows the connected industries around the area.
Screen1_(around_New_Sherbrook).PNG
Screen1_(around_New_Sherbrook).PNG (62.78 KiB) Viewed 4637 times
Screen 2: - This is the continuation of this mainline and it is the most complex area connecting to nearby industries. Quad track mainline operation also starts here with 2 sideline hubs. One to a major sideline hub to Winddown Castle Mines, the local power plant and to Beargrove Rivers. and the other to Treelow. At the top, of the screen is a busy factory.
Screen2_(mainline_to_Treelow).PNG
Screen2_(mainline_to_Treelow).PNG (106.05 KiB) Viewed 4637 times
Screen 3: - The mainline from Sherbrook continues here and it gets quite busy here with trains to and from Treelow, Prondean, local industries and Salford's thru-station plus a passenger service to Froningdore that shares with local industries (off screen)
Screen3_(mainline_from_Treelow_to_Slaford).PNG
Screen3_(mainline_from_Treelow_to_Slaford).PNG (125.86 KiB) Viewed 4637 times
Next post will be images around Stanningville, stay tuned :) .
insulfrog
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [OTTD] insulfrog's screenshots

Post by insulfrog »

This post will screenies be around Stanningville: -

Screen 4: - This area contains the backbone hub of my network and Stanningville is the mainline to the up-left of the screen, it can get very busy with trains waiting to enter Stanningville station. The mainline to the down-right is the mainline to Accshaw. The line from the down-right is the line to Sherbrook. The run-around to the down-right of Stanningville are also located here.
Screen4_(backbone_hub_near_Stanningville).PNG
Screen4_(backbone_hub_near_Stanningville).PNG (80 KiB) Viewed 4632 times
Screen 5: - This area is the station (at the bottom of the screen) itself with the line continuing up-left with a sideline junction to Sunnston and the local farms. Stanningville station itself is extremely busy with no room to expand with run-around capabilities.
Screen5_(line_from_Stanningville_to_Sunnston).PNG
Screen5_(line_from_Stanningville_to_Sunnston).PNG (125.65 KiB) Viewed 4632 times
Screen 6: - This area contains the rest of the mainline to Nantford which is only double track.
Screen6_(line_from_Stanningville_to_Nantford).PNG
Screen6_(line_from_Stanningville_to_Nantford).PNG (47.84 KiB) Viewed 4632 times
Next post will be screenies about the mainline to Accshaw, stay tuned :)
insulfrog
Engineer
Engineer

Post by insulfrog »

This post will be about screenies about the mainline to Accshaw station: -

Screen 7: - This area has a reversable station at Sunbrook capable to handle plenty of trains with the actual mainline bypassing the station 'below' Sunbrook city to handle the thru-traffic.
Screen7_(lines_around_Sunbrook).PNG
Screen7_(lines_around_Sunbrook).PNG (72.56 KiB) Viewed 4624 times
Screen 8: - This area contains a busy factory station as a sideline hub. Arrival and departure platforms are seperate so that trains arriving with raw materials does not get caught up waiting for trains waiting to be loaded with finished products.
Screen8_(mainline_with_sideline_to_busy_factory).PNG
Screen8_(mainline_with_sideline_to_busy_factory).PNG (79.13 KiB) Viewed 4624 times
Screen 9: - This is the busiest part of the mainline to Accshaw with freight and passenger trains going to and from Accshaw station. Passenger services can get stuck behind freights here so crossovers are placed at intervals to help with traffic flow.
Screen9_(mainline_to_Accshaw).PNG
Screen9_(mainline_to_Accshaw).PNG (55.9 KiB) Viewed 4624 times
Next post will be a screenie of Accsaw station itself, stay tuned :) .
insulfrog
Engineer
Engineer

Post by insulfrog »

This post is the Accshaw station itself: -

Screen 10: - This is Accshaw station which can handle lots of trains, a total of 34 platforms which service Accshaw and Winddown Castle. The station was also intended to service a planned line from the mainline from the area shown on Screen 8 (see previous post) to elsewhere but never got round to do it. :p
Screen10_(Accshaw_station_itself).PNG
Screen10_(Accshaw_station_itself).PNG (61.88 KiB) Viewed 4622 times
Hopefully, I'll shall post some of the areas in more detail if I can.

What do you think of the network so far?
insulfrog
Engineer
Engineer

Post by insulfrog »

Long time no posting of screenies so lets get on with the show :)

The company behind the construction this time is called Wedston Transport and no newGRFs in use this time.

The first screenshot is of the junction near the place of Wedston, which had several incarnations before the final design you see here. To the north is where the 4-up-4-down layout starts. To the south west, there is a factory and a decent service to Tefinghill. There is also 2 coal mines connected to the network as well. To the east is a 2-up-2-down connection to several forrests and to a well served power plant and steel mill
wedston01.PNG
wedston01.PNG (97.96 KiB) Viewed 4071 times
This second junction which is near the place of Graham and so far it has done well and it was upgraded to a 4-up-4-down recently. To the west are local industries and a well-served sawmill and a coal mine.
wedston02.PNG
wedston02.PNG (97.67 KiB) Viewed 4071 times
This is quite a huge 4 way, 4-up-4-down junction and i didn't realise how big it was going to be after construction was complete, I knew about the slow curves around the outside but that was due to limitations of its location. To the north goes to several primary industries and a small town. The eastern and western routes will be shown in the next 2 posts
wedston03.PNG
wedston03.PNG (97.02 KiB) Viewed 4071 times
insulfrog
Engineer
Engineer

Post by insulfrog »

This next area is to the east of that huge junction towards a well served town. This small complex junction serves many local primary industries and to a town towards the south.
wedston04.PNG
wedston04.PNG (105.99 KiB) Viewed 4064 times
These are the few towns that this line serves, so far so good as there are very little hold ups. Upgrading the main station maybe difficult with the increasing lack of building space around the current station.
wedston05.PNG
wedston05.PNG (102.1 KiB) Viewed 4064 times
This is the route going west from the big junction and the massive mainline going across the top and the bottom town is served by main line locals from Tondhead, Gadwood and Grenfinghill City.
wedston06.PNG
wedston06.PNG (97.06 KiB) Viewed 4064 times
insulfrog
Engineer
Engineer

Post by insulfrog »

This next junction couldn't be shown in 1 screenshot so I had to split it in two, this is the estern side of Grunsten Junction and you can clearly see the 6-up-6-down section just before it. Currently thinking whether to continue with the 6-up-6-down further along to Tondhead to cope with any future projects that might take place later on.
wedston07.PNG
wedston07.PNG (68.75 KiB) Viewed 4053 times
This is the western and southern side of Grunsten Junction and tried my best to do a bit of load balancing towards the western side as trains wasn't making full use of the other lines.
wedston08.PNG
wedston08.PNG (79.8 KiB) Viewed 4053 times
This is the current map of the entire network also showing the lesser intresting parts of the network including the lines to Tefinghill (towards the south west) and some of the local industry routes.
wedstonmap.PNG
wedstonmap.PNG (30.98 KiB) Viewed 4053 times
That is all for now, hope you like them :) .
alluke
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by alluke »

Please, learn how to take screenshots. ;(

Return to “Screenshots”