[OTTD] DanMacK's Screenshots and Ramblings - Redux

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

[OTTD] DanMacK's Screenshots and Ramblings - Redux

Post by DanMacK »

The previous thread was almost 3 years old, so I thought I'd start a new thread.

Been working with Andythenorth A LOT on FISH and FIRS, and thought I'd do a test game. The main grfs in play are a nightly version of FISH2 and a nightly of FIRS with the "Heart of Darkness" industry parameter. Map is just a random Tropic map with 15 towns and a 90% sea level.

So without further ado... my latest game.

==================================
1. Mr. D MacKellar arrived in the port of the town of Puigventos in January of 1870. Coming from Scotland, young Mr. MacKellar had a sizable inheritance in his pocket and an eagerness to make his mark on this archipelago off the coast of Africa. As he looked at his map of the area, a plan began to form.

2. The fledgling company built its headquarters near Puigventos and permits were quickly secured for the island's first transport system.

3. Mr. MacKellar first established a carriage service between Puigventos and the nearby town of Esparraguera. Next to come was a short rail line between Puigventos and Riufosc up-island. A carriage service was considered, but with the expected passenger volume, a train was considered the best option. A second-hand 0-4-2 tank engine and some carriages were ordered as well as a mail van from Britain. They arrived in port shortly before completion of the railway.
Attachments
MarcalaIslandsMap1.png
Scenario Map - Ca. 1870
(47.3 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
HQ and environs - 1870
HQ and environs - 1870
HQ1870.png (406.5 KiB) Viewed 197 times
1st train for Riufosc and a Puigventos - Esparraguera carriage.
1st train for Riufosc and a Puigventos - Esparraguera carriage.
1stTrainandCarriages.png (245.06 KiB) Viewed 197 times
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] DanMacK's Screenshots and Ramblings - Redux

Post by DanMacK »

1. Not content to sit back, a small coastal vessel had been sitting tied up and for sale in Puigventos harbour. Taking a gamble, Mr MacKellar purchased her and promptly rechristened her the Jennifer J after his beautiful wife. A nearby copper mine needed reliable transport to the archipelago's main bulk harbour, and Mr. MacKellar was more than happy to oblige.

2. The Bulk Harbour recieved transfers of oil, copper ore and processed sugar from the islands, and big mainland ships brought in much needed grain and building materials for the region.

3. To the south of Puigventos, another island had a couple of sugar plantations. Unreliable transport to the island's refinery prompted Mr. MacKellar to expand the modest empire. A narrow gauge tram line was built and a small 0-4-0 steam locomotive from Germany provided the power.
Attachments
JenniferJ-1870.png
Jennifer J at El Bruc Docks
(224.87 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
JenniferJ-1stLoad.png
Arriving at the Bulk Harbour
(102.17 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
SugarTram-1871.png
0-4-0 on sugarcane service.
(287.85 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
arikover
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by arikover »

Nice ones ! A challenging scenario, with a lot of boats coming, right ?
Good luck, Mr MacKellar ! I guess you won't have too much competition...

Where do these railway engines come from ? I doubt such a small archipelago has the right factory to build such steamers !
(seriously, what sets are you using ? I can spot a recent version of FIRS with the new 'bulk terminal', but I can't recognize the train set, tram set as well as tram tracks. Are they your creations?)
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

arikover wrote:Where do these railway engines come from ? I doubt such a small archipelago has the right factory to build such steamers !
Well...
DanMacK wrote:A second-hand 0-4-2 tank engine and some carriages were ordered as well as a mail van from Britain. They arrived in port shortly before completion of the railway.
DanMacK wrote:3. To the south of Puigventos, another island had a couple of sugar plantations. Unreliable transport to the island's refinery prompted Mr. MacKellar to expand the modest empire. A narrow gauge tram line was built and a small 0-4-0 steam locomotive from Germany provided the power.
:wink:
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Train set is the UK Railway Set + Add-ons and the trams are from the Heavy Equipment set
arikover
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by arikover »

Supercheese wrote:Well...
DanMacK wrote:A second-hand 0-4-2 tank engine and some carriages were ordered as well as a mail van from Britain. They arrived in port shortly before completion of the railway.
DanMacK wrote:3. To the south of Puigventos, another island had a couple of sugar plantations. Unreliable transport to the island's refinery prompted Mr. MacKellar to expand the modest empire. A narrow gauge tram line was built and a small 0-4-0 steam locomotive from Germany provided the power.
:wink:
:oops: Oh.

DanMacK wrote:Train set is the UK Railway Set [...]
I didn't spotted that, I'm used to the default UK livery. Nice set of custom company colors !

Return to “Screenshots”