[OTTD]Pyo's screens

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

[OTTD]Pyo's screens

Post by Pyoro »

I decided to be a bit more honest with my exhibitionist tendencies, so here's yet another screenshot thread.

Currently playing a FIRS game on a 1024x1024 map with manual industries only, daylength 5 and DBSetXL and the Japanese trainset, plus some other GRFs I won't bother listing. Towns aren't allowed to build roads so NewObjects are pretty much everywhere (which is the main reason I haven't connected everything ;) ) - I'm trying to keep things somewhat rural (with exceptions). Also, I'm constantly "circling" through ~1935 to ~1946, so there won't be anything from beyond these dates.
Geisingen.png
Geisingen.png (128.84 KiB) Viewed 13037 times
A good example of an average town in this game - bit of a shame TTRS starts building skyscrapers at a relatively low population or at least with a relatively low number of houses but I guess it's just one of the things I have to live with ;)
Sawmill.png
Sawmill.png (105.1 KiB) Viewed 13037 times
Further south the passenger route passes a saw mill, also used to distribute farming supplies to nearby forests, mainly via ship. Map ended up with a bit more water than I would've liked I'd say, but at least this allows for somewhat convincing shipping routes...
Farming.png
Farming.png (116.71 KiB) Viewed 13037 times
A sheep farm near Munich, nicely showing the (in this case, wanted) side-effects of a town running out of room for growth ;) The NewGRF used to build those fields is bugged btw, but it works for precisely this one savegame ^^.
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD]Pyo's screens

Post by Pyoro »

Senden Bridge.png
Senden Bridge.png (118.79 KiB) Viewed 13033 times
One of the really rural routes in the northern part of the map. I quite like those KIHA 07s - they are more or less everywhere on the map ;)
Industry.png
Industry.png (119.42 KiB) Viewed 13033 times
The center of the first electrified route - for now the nearby coal mines don't produce too much, but with FIRS this will inevitable change sooner or later ...
Coal.png
Coal.png (145.16 KiB) Viewed 13033 times
...and closest of the coal mines. That one is actually on the same side of the mountain as the screen above, so connecting it steam engines is fine for now. The other route however climbs over the mountains to the other side, making electrification a profitable choice.

Unfortunately the map isn't as mountainous as I first thought, so routes generally are rather straightforward and flat. Should've taken a closer look when starting the game ;)
Either way, that's it for now :)
jor[D]1
Director
Director

Post by jor[D]1 »

Nice, like your way of playing, personally i prefer to use grassy knoll GRF to hide the purchase land sign and use this to block building.
Looks better then fences everywhere
View my (train)pictures on Flickr
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Never heard of that GRF before, which probably is why I didn't use it gg. I started with fencing everything when I had a somewhat different style in mind, though I lately switched to a slope-sensitive empty tile (so basically it's exactly the same as that grassy knoll GRF, just a NewObject instead of the buy land function). Only problems now are coastal tiles and, well, the aerial view isn't too great with either option -
Rosenheim.png
Rosenheim.png (182.42 KiB) Viewed 12961 times
- cuts through the forests too harshly and with no ground variation whatsoever. Might do something about that at some point, but it's not that bad on normal zoom levels, so I'll ignore it for now ;)
jor[D]1
Director
Director

Post by jor[D]1 »

Ahh, I always play with invisible trees.

Which GRF is that slope aware empty tile?
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 2#p1043463
The second of these, or the combined GRF further down. It's no exaggeration to claim that they were specifically made for this save :lol:
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Three more screens.
Forest.png
Forest.png (107.23 KiB) Viewed 12769 times
Immediately used the new EmptyGRF version to plant a proper forest ... bit lacking in variation, but works for me as long as I don't stare at it for too long ;)
Mainburg.png
Mainburg.png (168.2 KiB) Viewed 12769 times
One of the cities on the Southern coastline, though most there are in completely flat coastal terrain, unlike this one.
Grossbottwar.png
Grossbottwar.png (168.01 KiB) Viewed 12769 times
Tried building a harbor at a river here ... luckily Großbottwar came with a natural hill, although it's a bit odd to carry cargo up there and then presumably back into the town ;)
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

I love Mainburg! :D
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

These are impossibly pretty!
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Thanks. No pressure then :lol:
C12 01.png
C12 01.png (109.26 KiB) Viewed 12551 times
Decided to split the coal route at the base of the mountains, as the route in the mountains doesn't exactly come with a very high capacity for more trains and the traffic there is somewhat easier to control if traveling not too far. Also, found something for those C12s to do so they'll finally be out of the way ... though there are still some C11s left that are too weak for anything useful right now.
C12 02.png
C12 02.png (154.83 KiB) Viewed 12551 times
Passing through between Haslach and Neuntraubling, after circling around the latter. Basically those tracks at the screen's bottom are the main line, and there is a small branch for a few local and some cargo trains cutting through the cities.
C12 03.png
C12 03.png (132.77 KiB) Viewed 12551 times
And at their new base in Weinstadt, one transporting fruits and grain to a newly build brewery not too far from there, with the other one on stand-by. Bit of a problem with these 30s/40s games, transporting cargo on the road is really not very effective except for very short distances. I'll probably have to give up on a getting good station ratings for industries everywhere if I don't want to spam the whole map with trains or raise the vehicle limit in the source code to 20000 or something ^^
Arexander
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Arexander »

Or you can set the parameters of FIRS so that the station rating always stays at 100 and stop caring about it and care more about eyecandy. It's really helpful for a player putting an effort into aesthetics. ;)
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

I'm not too worried about station ratings, though. Can't really get perfect ratings with most of those slow vehicles anyways, so they're generally around 50-70% which is perfectly fine with me. I however can't quite stand a 1000t stockpile of grain at a farm, and that'd only get worse with 100% ratings everywhere ;)

My hope was that the daylength patch would reduce the amount of transportation needed significantly enough - in a modern game of mine* I clogged down pretty much everything by setting it to 2, and this time it's set to 5. Works fine for TTRS passengers, but FIRS? Entirely different level ;)

*actually, some screens for comparison. Really odd looking at the two saves ... ^^
01.png
01.png (87.13 KiB) Viewed 12459 times
02.png
02.png (114.68 KiB) Viewed 12459 times
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Too many newly released games out there currently...
Krumbach.png
Krumbach.png (143.03 KiB) Viewed 12208 times
Not the most remarkable city on the map, but I wanted to see how "stony" mountains actually look ... lacks some transitions and variety, I'd say ;)
Weiden.png
Weiden.png (154.12 KiB) Viewed 12208 times
Weiden, connecting the Eastern and Western parts of the map and therefor pretty busy. Can't say I like bridging tracks like this, but replacing road vehicles all the time is worse, so some necessary evil.
Farm.png
Farm.png (125.11 KiB) Viewed 12208 times
And a somewhat busy day at a farm somewhere.
davidx123
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by davidx123 »

Those are so gorgeous. I love the look on the county side and all the details you've put in it!
Your Faithful Student, Twilight Sparkle.
____
Visit my screenshot thread

thanks to Supercheese for help with the GIF.cheers.
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Thanks. OTTD is sort of my replacement therapy for lack of a real model train layout ;) Unfortunately it doesn't quite reach the same level of variety in details yet, but I'm sure we're getting somewhere :lol:
Trauenstein.png
Trauenstein.png (142.42 KiB) Viewed 12102 times
Southern coast is dominated by oil transportation, so Traunstein got a passenger connection for a bit of diversity...
Traunstein 2.png
Traunstein 2.png (128.43 KiB) Viewed 12102 times
...felt a bit boring though so I tried going for a forest town. Well, building density is a bit high as always with TTRS, but other then that I'd say it turned out fine. Bit lacking in tree variation and as always some nicer transition betwen tiles would probably improve the general look of things, but could be worse gg.
Creglingen.png
Creglingen.png (132.24 KiB) Viewed 12102 times
Cregling, which apparantly has about 1 architecture bureau that happens to fancy those bright twin tower buildings ... can't say I like them as much as they apparently do ;)
Irwe
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Irwe »

Awesome screens! Kinda want's me to start playing again :]
Swedish Houses Version 1.1 Released
Swedish Road Vehicles Work in Progress
jor[D]1
Director
Director

Post by jor[D]1 »

Very nice, but you a must have for you is the ISR harbour grf.
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Thanks again :)

Quast's excellent NewObject collection you mean? I actually do use it, some of the objects around Creglingen are in fact ISR-style objects.
You're right however in that I don't have any real ISR-style harbors on the map - imo, they look a bit too modern and they get rather big easily (especially if those overlapping tiles are used), and there's (at least as of now) nowhere really where a huge harbor would make sense. They always just service a few fishing boats and fairy some passengers, no point rebuilding Rotterdam harbor for that ;)
Shame OTTD doesn't (yet?) properly support overlapping tiles and multiple different dock- and road stop graphics...

²Irwe
Looking at other's screenshots is usually what gets me playing as well, so I guess I'm returning the favor a little :lol:
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

Pyoro wrote:Shame OTTD doesn't (yet?) properly support overlapping tiles and multiple different dock- and road stop graphics...
The only reason you'd use overlapping tiles is because OTTD doesn't support multiple dock and road stop graphics. If/when it does support them, overlapping tiles become no longer desirable.
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
Nite Owl
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Nite Owl »

If you are looking for a large variety of trees might I suggest OpenGFX+ Trees.
Humor is the second most subjective thing on the planet
------------------------------------------------------------
Brevity is the soul of wit and obscenity is its downfall
--------------------------------------------------------
Good Night And Good Luck - Read You Soon

Return to “Screenshots”