[OTTD]Pyo's screens

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD]Pyo's screens

Post by YNM »

Pyoro wrote:I wish there were a way to build "real" farm tiles, but since there doesn't seem to be one I made a GRF a while back that includes some misc eye-candy like trees with different ground and farm tiles as NewObjects:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 7#p1046607
Nah, I missed your update then :)
Keep on all the good 'ol screenies :D
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Thanks, I'll try ;)
I think I'll start a new game though. Added CargoDist to infrastructure sharing and true daylength, so hopefully it'll make for a nice game. Haven't really decided on a map yet, though. ^^;

Meanwhile:
Eschenbach.png
Eschenbach.png (159.12 KiB) Viewed 4483 times
New NewStations \o/
...I just realized I was so used to seeing "wrong" tracks this somehow doesn't really make much difference to me :oops:
Dave

Post by Dave »

Pyoro I really, really love these shots. They're superb.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

I'll one day either die of embarrassment, pressure or a bloated ego; thanks again ;)

²ISA
Never :lol: Na, obviously it makes a difference. Especially the waypoints are finally usable with NuTracks (imo it wasn't too bad with stations, but waypoints - definitely no).
Mannheim.png
Mannheim.png (140.02 KiB) Viewed 4388 times
iirc there already is a screen slightly west of Mannheim, so this time it's one a bit more to the east, close to the oil refinery. I also added a bypass to the station since then, makes things a bit smother. Still, one of the busy parts of the map.
Neudenau Bridge.png
Neudenau Bridge.png (138.89 KiB) Viewed 4388 times
Definitely less busy is this local connection line near Neudenau. It actually kind of circles around the city ... town ... village, whatever. Since it's pretty much the only connection to the NE part of the map it might become pretty important at one point far away in the future ... I probably won't play that long.
Creglingen Industry.png
Creglingen Industry.png (118.51 KiB) Viewed 4388 times
Some industries near Creglingen. I'm currently debating whether I'm redesigning that station since by now most trains have to "cycle" in which isn't really all that practical. Also, those roads there force a nice bottle neck in track capacities - level-crossings over dual-tracks are just too much of a death trap (even with close adjacent crossings patch and PBS signals :\ )
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Thanks ;) I probably don't even need to mention that your screenshots have been are a huge inspiration. Even though the "topic" is a bit different, I suppose :)
Großbottwar.png
Großbottwar.png (149.27 KiB) Viewed 4375 times
With all the NewStations hype around I just had to build an elevated station to use those neat foundations. Looks fantastic, perfectly fitting the era ... so, where's the flexible foundation patch(tm) to get nearby tiles to use the same as the stations? ;)
Dave

Post by Dave »

Argh! The beauty of the unit on the bridge. So simple. Devastatingly effective.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Thanks again ;) I really like those bridges (and KiHas. I mean they're everywhere, so that's probably obvious either way ^^), whoever drew them did a great service to the development of human society as a whole. I'd say.

Anywas, since totally unrelated Christmas is upcoming and celebrating the 2000th road vehicle (not counting generic cars) in that save a different type of screenshot for today...
WemdingCreussen.png
WemdingCreussen.png (172.33 KiB) Viewed 4292 times
Slightly west of the western North-South routes Wemding is a rather important town. Passengers from Creussen get a direct tram (actually I think trolleybus) connection to the passenger station so no separate station for them. Iphofen meanwhile has a really unimportant, really small harbor ^^;
SchwandorfVellberg.png
SchwandorfVellberg.png (180.81 KiB) Viewed 4292 times
This time we're slightly east of the eastern North-South route; with a piece of a east-west route in the upper part of the screen. The electrified route near Blaubeuren is for coal trains only, later coming back in form of metal to Schwandorf industrial area. The harbor there isn't really of any importance beyond a few nearby towns as it's only a middle sized lake, but it probably helped in establishing a bit of industry there ;)
HaslachNeutraubing.png
HaslachNeutraubing.png (185.02 KiB) Viewed 4292 times
This is I think a few screens north of the Schwandorf area, basically where the North-South line turns West. Neutraubing is also where in recent years most supplies for the greater area have been produced, with a local (mostly) passenger line splitting the city and Haslach.

(I'll also mention again that dates on the screens are mostly meaningless as I'm always turning back time to stay inside 1935-1945)
keoz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by keoz »

Hey. Your pics are really pretty. Nice and inspiring work !
Patch - Let's timetable depot waiting time with the Wait in depot patch.
GameScript - Searching a new way to make your cities growing ? Try the Renewed City Growth GameScript.
My screenshots thread.
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Slipped to the second page ... unacceptable! \o/
Well, quite frankly I haven't done much visible work. Mostly improved some lines and replaced all vehicles so I can actually for once turn on ticker messages and see if something gets stuck somewhere without getting flooded with "too old" messages ;)
Coal Bridges.png
Coal Bridges.png (148.65 KiB) Viewed 4123 times
Lacking capacities everywhere are definitely the biggest problem currently. I even had to spoil this nice mountainous freight-line by building a second bridge, and, quite frankly, it's still nowhere near enough ... should really be fully double-tracked. Not that that's going to happen, though ;)
Creglingen.png
Creglingen.png (114.86 KiB) Viewed 4123 times
Another place that desperately needed rebuilding. Worked out quite well, should do for a while.
Dornstetten.png
Dornstetten.png (136.8 KiB) Viewed 4123 times
And a last one. Don't really like building bridges like this, but I suppose since there's that natural elevated hill it's fine. Don't know how much it actually helps, but at least it was enough to get rid of annoying "train stuck" messages ;)
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Well, as always during the progress of my games networks become gradually less minimalistic as I get bored with always building the same things and annoyed by "train lost" messages, so some more rebuilding ...
Creglingen.png
Creglingen.png (142.32 KiB) Viewed 4043 times
Removed the one-lined bottleneck near Creglingen. I liked it a lot, but by know it was just insane to keep it. Either way, it's still not exactly a very efficient design for the passenger trains ;)
Nittenau.png
Nittenau.png (158.43 KiB) Viewed 4043 times
Nittenau got a third platform, hopefully allowing for smoother through-put. As probably is also rather obvious, the game has by now replaced almost all TTRS houses with Swedish ones, so passenger numbers are actually quite a bit smaller, increasing loading times in some places ... I have yet to sort out all places, but in most cases it's nothing too serious ^^;
Schönau Crossing.png
Schönau Crossing.png (123.47 KiB) Viewed 4043 times
For a bit of a change of pace I built an Autobahn-like thing connecting Eschenbach, München, Schönau and Nittenau. Oddly enough it's actually regularly used for once without any tricking road vehicles into it ^^; In an unrelated project I also redid the local lines - previously it was basically Eschenbach - Schönau and Eschenbach - Esslingen - Löwenstein, now it's Eschenbach - Schönau - Esslingen and Eschenbach - Löwenstein (doesn't mean the trains can't do something like Eschenbach - Schönau - Löwenstein, but it'd require turning around at some point ^^). Anway, it should improve service for long-distance trains. Maybe. ^^
jor[D]1
Director
Director

Post by jor[D]1 »

Nice, but some one is driving on the wrong side of the highway.
View my (train)pictures on Flickr
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Yeah, I noticed that cars without orders would randomly try to drive into the one-way roads and then use that opportunity to turn around. Even with more one-way roads they occasionally manage to just go in circles on the crossings :lol: Well, I added some more one-ways to limit the effects ^^

€: I suppose there aren't any GRFs that specifically only do something about those arrows? Making them less visible or something? ^^;
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

Yes there is: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=35787
It replaces the green arrows with a grey one.
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

A1.png
A1.png (116.04 KiB) Viewed 3993 times
- of course NOW it noticed an unconnected piece of road and that those sheds don't have properly set bounding boxes - see the car driving on the roof :lol: Well, whatever, extended the Autobahn a bit towards Esslingen, even though obviously a crossing wouldn't be build like this normally - but then again, you wouldn't see 90° corners on a motorway either ^^
jor[D]1
Director
Director

Post by jor[D]1 »

Some crossings are like this. In the Netherlands is still one roundabount interchange on the highway. Once there were more.
View my (train)pictures on Flickr
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

I just doubt it'd happen in a place like this. There was plenty of space when I first build it :lol: But, well, no matter. It works nicely. ^^

Company profit didn't quite develop as the board wanted to, so they started importing British trains so they'd have something to blame...
(actually it's Swedish houses producing less passengers than TTRS, though the effects on overall profits are really, really small ;) )
Cargo.png
Cargo.png (118.69 KiB) Viewed 3861 times
That one's just parked there, though, obviously. Also redid the station a bit, again it was simply too annoying to constantly replace vehicles that got into crashes, also added an additional entry to very slightly improve efficiency.
Ulm BR.png
Ulm BR.png (138.11 KiB) Viewed 3861 times
Senden BR.png
Senden BR.png (134.18 KiB) Viewed 3861 times
And one transporting building materials or whatever it's called from Ulm on some rather rural lines that never was quite meant for cargo trains.
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

In an effort to do something for the completely underdeveloped Northern parts of the map I started transporting production goods over there, so let's a follow one of the trains on a new route a bit...
Start.png
Start.png (111.52 KiB) Viewed 3767 times
We're starting close to the cargo station further up the page; main obstacles are already-too-high traffic on part of the route and annoying mountains...
Direct Route.png
Direct Route.png (134.69 KiB) Viewed 3767 times
...so I chose to build a new direct route that cuts straight over the valleys and through the mountains. It's currently exclusively used by a few cargo trains, but surely will be one day an important connection for long distance trains ... well, that is, if the plans turn out to be working. For now, it's nicely idyllic in the middle of nowhere, though. ;)
Bad Durrheim.png
Bad Durrheim.png (127.97 KiB) Viewed 3767 times
First town on the other side of the mountains, re-joing the "old" network is Bad Dürrheim. Not much here; though it's the main depot for the cargo trains doing their jobs at the coal mines nearby.
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Regen.png
Regen.png (130.22 KiB) Viewed 3766 times
Next is Regen. A bit modified, for example it now has some extra tracks for waiting passenger trains. Might be a bit strange for cargo trains to overtake passenger trains, but not much else they could do with the nearby station full. Anyways, still further up the train cargo is unloaded and distributed by road to some farms. Since everything seems to be profitable services will probably be increased sometime soon.
Depot.png
Depot.png (107.59 KiB) Viewed 3766 times
No point in just boosting industry output; passenger infrastructure also needed some improvement. Towns for now are still rather small, so it needed to be something flexible, which is why imported Japanese Type 300s where chosen, stationed at a newly built depot near Rauenberg.
Bridge.png
Bridge.png (100.31 KiB) Viewed 3766 times
For now they're driving around like this. Big bridge for a small train ;) Hopefully with some town growth passenger generation will improve so they can be coupled in pairs or something. Or maybe replaced altogether ^^

Return to “Screenshots”