[OTTD]Pyo's screens

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD]Pyo's screens

Post by Pyoro »

Back to the "old" save; missed something while patching the source for the other game so level-crossings and PBS don't really work together, which clearly is reason enough to stop playing a save ;)
Renew.png
Renew.png (147.39 KiB) Viewed 6418 times
I really should set up something to autoreplace old vehicles. For now I simply send all road vehicles to a depot - made a bit of a dent in my income but otherwise didn't do anything bad ;)
Shareholders might be rather disappointed with the practically non-existed growth in income the last 5 years; not too surprising since I spent much of my time fixing small issues. At least I've now managed for the first time in ages to get all vehicles to be profitable for two consecutive years =)

Also - Schönsee seems like a nice place to live ;)
Furtwangen.png
Furtwangen.png (141.27 KiB) Viewed 6418 times
On the expanding side I'm currently trying to fill the map towards the Southeast; on picture a small cargo distributing station near Furtwangen.
Weilheim.png
Weilheim.png (108.99 KiB) Viewed 6418 times
Weilheim station and it's nearby crossing are still a bottle-neck, so I finally completely removed the old one and went for a smaller design, with better tracks. I don't think it's much better in performance but easier to handle in future when I've finally decided how to really solve the problem ^^
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Nice screenshots :)
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

No screenshots in a while which is largely down to the fact that I've got that I'm stuck on the idea on playing a map like this -
valley.png
valley.png (23.29 KiB) Viewed 6158 times
But so far I've been far too lazy to create one. At least now I've been playing around a bit more to see how it'd actually work out, and I'm a bit disappointed about the lack of options between 512 and 1024 - currently it's a 1024x512 map which actually quite decently gives the feel I want, but it seems a bit narrow to get as many height levels on the map as I'd like to. However, 1024x1024 a) is far too much space to map for me ^^ and b) isn't really a nice, long valley anymore. ;)

dunno what to do about this huge dilemma so far. Probably think a few more months about it before playing ending up playing a random map like always ^^
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Got over myself and started working on a 1024x1024 map. Currently I'm at the stage of being massively impressed with anyone who ever finished handcrafting a map in that OpenTTD scenario editor ^^;

South will be a valley, North-East I think I'll go for some islands (might need a bit more sea. And, let's be honest, sea is very convenient to map ;) ) and overall West mountainous terrain with the East rather flat. If I ever manage to finish this ... and then getting around to playing the map. See you in 2020 ;)
Attachments
sigh.png
(64.61 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

A good scenario. It will be interesting to see the finished version and a few screenshots :) .
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Just don't hold your breath ;)

dunno how interesting this kind of landscaping screens are but, whatever, something different once in a while doesn't hurt anybody and it keeps me motivated. ;)
mountains.png
mountains.png (37.33 KiB) Viewed 5961 times
Pretty decent progress on the Southern part of the map; I'd say overall something like (very roughly) 3% done ^^ Shame of course that height levels are a bit limiting - originally I wanted a more or less constantly increasing height level all the way from East to West (well, originally I didn't plan on doing this in trunk), but that'd result in something very flat the way it is now, so instead I'm doing some ups and downs and more valleys in between. Not too bad either, just different. ;)
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Don't we all know this problem?
Dornstetten.png
Dornstetten.png (164.14 KiB) Viewed 5698 times
Limiting town growth with awesome GRFs, like for example glorious EmptyGRF - but since OTTD's concept of town zones really is rather ... boring ... we get a visually somewhat unpleasing result lacking suburbian buildings surrounding the town center.

Not anymore though!
Dornstetten II.png
Dornstetten II.png (169.41 KiB) Viewed 5698 times
Thanks to Houses as Industries GRF it's now possible to have suburbs wherever we want. Amazing!

Of course this comes with roughly half a billion new issues. On the other hand it also comes with some new opportunities, ie. roads technically aren't necessary anymore, so they could be replaced by a NewObject - like a fake-road with some parking vehicles on it or stuff. Mmhmmmm ;)

Hopefully done within the foreseeable future. There's a few more things I want to try/do few first though ;)
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

I DID try a few more things, among them this:
Japantown.png
Japantown.png (162.96 KiB) Viewed 5609 times
So the German town of Eschenbach, serviced by German, English and Japanese trains and built with Swedish houses, now also got a Japanese quarter. Which only makes sense, I must say.

It does look rather weird, to be honest. But it's kinda funny nonetheless ;)
Densha
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Densha »

Little Tokyo?
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

There's this little sushi place I know, up a backstreet, run by a family, they live above the shop and don't speak much German, but the sushi is very cheap and its fantastic, its only 5 minutes walk from the station but its a totally different world...
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

It's that otherworldly-ness that I think is a bit difficult to capture in OTTD - eg.:
munich.png
munich.png (1.29 MiB) Viewed 5514 times
That kinda thing works very well in OTTD. Style is a bit different but it's basically exactly how Swedish houses-Eschenbach looks, I think ;)
waseda sat.png
waseda sat.png (1.3 MiB) Viewed 5514 times
And compared to that a part of Tokyo. That doesn't really work in OTTD imo, as backstreets irl are friggin' small there. You can trick around a bit which obviously the Jap buildings does, but ultimately I don't think you can really perfectly capture the feel of those little streets and alleys everywhere as normal streets are just too big in comparison / you can't have "narrow alleys" (only visually).

But that just as a side-excursion :lol: I'm currently more bothered with CargoDest and how it generates crap loads of passengers (500 waiting passengers in a 400 inhabitant village, of course, why not ... )
Densha
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Densha »

I'm currently playing with CargoDist as well and the more trains I add, the more passengers there are on my stations. It's a nice challenge but quite impossible to comply with the amount of passengers at the busier stations.
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Been some time so some actual gameplay screens.
Nippon Rails, 1. Jan 1960.png
Nippon Rails, 1. Jan 1960.png (123.7 KiB) Viewed 5399 times
Nippon Rails, 19. Jan 1960.png
Nippon Rails, 19. Jan 1960.png (140.09 KiB) Viewed 5399 times
Unfortunately the save got corrupted so I can't continue. Curses ^^;

btw, isn't there a TBRS version for JapSet 3 around?
Mizari
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Mizari »

Pyoro wrote:
btw, isn't there a TBRS version for JapSet 3 around?
There's not, but the old 1.12 for Japan Set works well enough as far as I recall.
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Mh, maybe I'd need to set the parameters differently since they changed. Oh well. I'm using the combined roadset one now, that's barely noticeable anyways...

...not in that screen though.
Nippon Rails, 1. Aug 1961.png
Nippon Rails, 1. Aug 1961.png (195.12 KiB) Viewed 5353 times
At least loading saves now works ;)

Very difficult terrain to traverse here. Thanks to NewMap features it's now entirely possibly to bridge small gaps in convenient and neat-looking ways 8)
... friggin' expensive though, building up there ^^;
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Very good screenshots. More screenshots to post here :D
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

You know what I absolutely hate? Designing motorway crossings, especially if cars go the wrong way.
crossing01.png
crossing01.png (22.15 KiB) Viewed 4919 times
Clearly someone was drunk here.
crossing02.png
crossing02.png (22.87 KiB) Viewed 4919 times
Looks marginally better, I guess.
crossing03.png
crossing03.png (150.18 KiB) Viewed 4919 times
The "strictly orderly" approach ^^;

Ah, I foresee lots of lost vehicles in my future ...
Mizari
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Mizari »

The poor citizen who had to give up their homes to make way for that junction...!
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Mizari wrote:The poor citizen who had to give up their homes to make way for that junction...!
Some reason I think that city build around it :)

Return to “Screenshots”