The Yenisei River. Transportation on the ships a variety of cargo
The Village Of Turukhansk. Transportation of wood to the sawmill.
Turukhansk is a village that has lost the status of a city, the administrative center of the Turukhansky district of Krasnoyarsk Krai of Russia. The administrative center of the rural settlement of Turukhansk. There is an airport and river port.
Originally Turukhansk settlement appeared in the XVII century in the confluence of the river turuhan in the Yenisei river, on its left Bank. The cabin (later the city of New Mangazeya) was part of the trade route by Turukhano, which was primarily used to trade furs. Turukhansk subsequently fell into disrepair, was stripped of city status and its name was transferred to the village Monastery, the modern Turukhansk, which is located about 35 km to the South-East, on the opposite Bank of the Yenisei river. Old Turukhansk is now called Staroturukhansk (65°54'55" N. lat. 87°34'30" e (G) (O)). After the October revolution of 1917 has been a trend of increasing population of the village Monastery at the confluence of the lower Tunguska Yenisei, on its right Bank. The village was renamed into Turukhansk.
Since the end of the 1930s the Soviet government created in the Turukhansk territory of the special camps for the exiles. Until 1956, the freed prisoners had limited rights and were settled in remote settlements, including in Turukhansk.
According to the census in 1989 the population of Turukhansk has reached 8.9 million residents, but after the collapse of the Soviet Union, people began to move to more climatically favorable regions of the country, including in the South of Krasnoyarsk region.
The town has two churches: stone, of the Transfiguration (built by Matvei Fedorovich Horoshavin lit in 1829) and wooden Peter and Paul. The Treasury of the house: bread shop, salt barn, wine cellars, and powder. The city is controlled by a Separate Assessor, there are Salt Bailiff and one hundred Cossacks of the Yeniseisk Cossack regiment under the control of one Centesimal Officer.
52 narrow-minded houses, they are inhabited by burghers: 124 male, 107 female peasants: 19 male, 16 female. Houses, generally small, a large portion of heated smoke and no houses. While some have baths and facilities for livestock. Zemliachestvo not developed. Men most of the year they spend away from the city, engaged in hunting and fishing. The basis of winter food — fish and harvested a wild bird.
Mail from Yeniseisk to Turukhansk, and delivered back once a month 5. Mail delivery was carried out in summer by boat and in winter by sled that moved people, deer or dog.Transport
Along the Yenisei from Krasnoyarsk and Yeniseisk during navigation (navigation in the upper reaches of the Yenisei river approximately from 25 may to 25 September, depending on temperature, plus or minus 10 days) ply ships to Dudinka with a stop in Turukhansk.