The Yenisei River. Transportation on the ships a variety of cargo - coal (power plant in the city of Krasnoyarsk), wood (to Turukhansk) and others.
Dudinka (nen. Tut Eun) — a city of regional subordination in the Krasnoyarsk region of Russia, the administrative center of the Taimyr Dolgan-Nenets municipal district of Krasnoyarsk region (from 2007, formerly the administrative center of the complex subject of the Russian Federation, Taimyr (Dolgano-Nenets) Autonomous district in the Krasnoyarsk territory). Situated on the right Bank of the Yenisei river at the confluence of the tributary Dudinka. Population — 22 204 people. (2015).
Dudinka was founded in the second half of the seventeenth century, bears the name of the river Dudinka, which is named after the pioneer merchant Dudin.
In 1667 the cabin of Dudino was founded by the Strelets Ivan Sorokin, the report of which it was said that they "built the first cabin, with the side edges of the Yenisei river in the upper end of Dudinka"
From the report it is clear that the cabin was a center of tribute collection of tribute from the indigenous population that roamed the banks of the rivers Yenisei, Pyasina and Khatanga. And this report tells us that in the place where was founded the hut river, a tributary of the Yenisei, already had the name of Dudinka.
The second version, thus the first Russian maps the river is called the Upper Dudin. It got the name, probably after the first voyages of the Russians on the Yenisei. To get to the river they could from Mangazeya Turukhansk through portage. That is, on the Taimyr Peninsula, they sailed downstream, and probably guides they were Evenks, who lived to the South of the Taimyr Peninsula on the right Bank of the river, in the stony Tunguska, and he is now Evenk Autonomous Okrug. And in their language there are two words close on sounding: dukun (entry, label, signature); and Doolin middle; half. The accusative form of the word Doolin is Dolina. And actually the stony Tunguska river Yenisei divides into two halves: the southern and the Northern part or middle of the river downstream and upward. "Apparently, there was a typical toponymic error, which many know the history of geographical discoveries. The word of Dulisma, meaning the middle of the Yenisei river, the confluence with the Podkamennaya Tunguska river, which rusyfikuvalosya and turned to Dudinka"
Nganasan Dudinka was called the tent of idols of the bed "mA", since on the high Bank of the Yenisei river there was a Church, protecting a white tundra.
His translation from the Nganasan famous linguist N. M. Tereshchenko explains: "In his time in the village on the site of the present Dudinka was built first on the Taimyr Church (or tent of idols), in the words of Nganasans." According to a noble reindeer herder of the Merem Mobo, from the village of Novaya in Khatanga district, the Bed is associated with their religion is a false God, Satan (wooden idol that guards the home from evil spirits). The bed was called material objects, homemade revered patrons.
In 1737 under the Imperial decree, issued on 16 November, was permitted to baptize the natives. It attracted Ministers of the Church to the far North. In the second half of the eighteenth century in Dudinka built a wooden chapel.
Dudinka has attracted researchers as a convenient staging base for further advance to the East and North. Here was stationed and began his promotion of many research expeditions.
In the spring of 1742 for a long time waiting for their colleagues on the expedition, returning from the Khatanga, lived here Khariton Laptev. It is in honor of Chariton Laptev and his cousin Dmitry Laptev Sea Laptev sea is named.
In 1843 in Dudinka was based expedition of Alexander Middendorf, a Russian naturalist and traveller, who first crossed the Taimyr Peninsula, collected almost the first scientific information about the North-Siberian lowland and Taimyr Peninsula, as well as materials on a wide range of subjects (geography and hydrography, orography and geognosy, climate, vegetation, Siberia and others.)
From Dudinka in 1846 begins his journey the expedition under the leadership of Matthias Castren, who has studied the customs, religion, languages populations.
In 1865 was opened by merchant K. A. and Sotnikov Karmanovym, the Yenisei and parahemophilia gold, deposits of copper ore and coal in Norilsk mountains. Two years Sotnikov took apart a small brick Church in Dudinka and built the first copper smelter.
In Dudinka in 1866 began the expedition geologist, paleontologist and botanist Fedor Shmidt, the name of which is named the mountain Smittia about Norilsk.
In 1868 Dudinka became the administrative center. Dudinskaya was created plot, which borders on the South was the river Kureyka in the North coast of the Kara sea.
According to the materials of Dr. Eduard toll, Professor Nils Adolf Erik Nordensheld, Swedish polar Explorer, Dudinka saw this: "We expected to find here many people and so you can imagine our surprise when we saw this famous Duino consists of only seven or eight dilapidated shacks, one an unfinished house and a wooden chapel."
From Dudinka began in 1906 their travel for the study of Taimyr Nikifor Begichev (in his honor in modern Dudinka is the name of the street Begichev). He lived here, and his testimony about Dudinka is especially valuable: "It's a small village about 10 houses. Live in it more traders who fall on snow go on the deer with the goods for 800 miles in the tundra", to Hatanga. There they trade and also in the spring, take away from the tundra with furs, mainly Fox. Waiting in Dudinka steamers to export their goods into the upper reaches of the Yenisei.
From 1919 to 1930 in the area of the Yenisei North, 115 were sent various expeditions that spent a great deal of work for the study of natural resources.
Ust-Yenisei expedition under the leadership of Nikolay Urvantsev began studying the subject of the Norilsk copper-Nickel and coal deposits. In 1923 N. K. Vysotsky in the Northern Cape mountain Ore was discovered in platinum, for chemical analysis which determined a definite commercial value. In the same year began a preliminary exploration.
In 1924, the Committee of assistance nationalities of the North, created by decision of the Central Executive Committee, had done considerable work on the establishment of the autonomy of the Taimyr national district. Thus, gradually the cabin of Dudino first became known as the port of Dudinka. The administrative center was to be upset, there were cultural institutions, hospitals and schools, and then Dudinka became the capital of Taimyr. It happened on 10 December 1930.
On March 5, 1951 by decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the village of Dudinka was transformed into a city of district subordination.
The need to link with Murmansk Dudinka year-round line was associated with the development of the Norilsk combine, which require the constant delivery of goods from Dudinka along the Northern sea route.
In 1972 there was an experimental Arctic voyage, and on may 1, 1978 the nuclear-powered icebreaker "Siberia" and the icebreaker "Kapitan Sorokin" carried out in Dudinka caravan of two diesel-electric ship, "Paul Ponomarev," and "Navarin". This event meant that the Arctic was open year-round navigation.
After reorganization in 1951 in the town of Dudinka was the first capital of the Taimyr (Dolgano-Nenets) national district, since 1977 — the Taimyr (Dolgan-Nenets) Autonomous district, as from 01.01.2007, the town of Dudinka is the administrative center of the Taimyr Dolgan-Nenets municipal district municipal formation town of Dudinka.
Now the city of Dudinka is the administrative center of the Taimyr Dolgan-Nenets municipal district.
Timber harvesting and transportation by trucks to the ships.
Taiga village - Dudinka. Located North of the Arctic circle. The main way of transportation of passengers on ships.