Kevo00's screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Kevo00's screenshots

Post by Kevo00 »

And some more....
Attachments
Long Island Transport, 30th Aug 1941.png
At Dadtown passengers can change for an Italian EMU, purchased in the mid-1930s to try out the possibilities of electric traction.
(434.99 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
Long Island Transport, 1st Feb 1942.png
It isn't all passenger traffic; there has been some industrial development too. At the steel mill an empty iron ore train and full steel coils train race each other, while NIMBY councillors in Kennford fulminate about the train noise.
(446.21 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
Long Island Transport, 8th Mar 1942.png
On the other side of Kennford, planning permission was annoyingly denied to increase the size of the ore transshipment station, leading to traffic jams. On the feeder line, a French built tank engine potters merrily along.
(472 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

A couple of shots from the early 1960s. Really enjoying using Pax dist in this scenario, the complexity just keeps growing (and you really do make jams that have to be sorted out later).
Attachments
Long Island Transport, 16th Jan 1962.png
At Slonbourne on the recently developed East Coast route feeder railbuses intersect with GG1s on the main line.
(454.13 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
Long Island Transport, 2nd May 1962.png
Steam, diesel and electric come together in this picture, as a GG1 passes with a mainline service, while a V 200 diesel operates a feeder service, and a steam locomotive, recently imported from South Africa, crosses on a coal drag.
(449.57 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

That station layout is odd, the way you have the signals set up means that a train in 2 of the platforms occupy the junction which will cause jams.
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

Yeah, it has caused me some problems. This seems to be an improvement over making the whole thing one path signalling zone, however, because the station itself doesn't seem to act as a 'break' in the zone the same way a terminus does.
Michi_cc
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Michi_cc »

Kevo00 wrote:because the station itself doesn't seem to act as a 'break' in the zone the same way a terminus does.
Stations do not have inbuilt signals, contrary to what some people here seem to preach. For a bidirectional through station you need to build path signals on both sides of the station with the lights facing the platforms.
-- Michael Lutz
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

Michi_cc wrote:
Kevo00 wrote:because the station itself doesn't seem to act as a 'break' in the zone the same way a terminus does.
Stations do not have inbuilt signals, contrary to what some people here seem to preach. For a bidirectional through station you need to build path signals on both sides of the station with the lights facing the platforms.
Ah, now this is useful information. Many thanks for that! Pathing is a huge improvement on the TTD/Loco block only set up but can add some complexity of its own.
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

Some more screenies from 2011/12 in this game...I am now up to about 2025, and still growing my network, linking earlier bits together, and busting bottlenecks.
Attachments
Long Island Transport, 17th Jul 2011.png
The main hub at the east end of the island, Great Flaningway-on-sea, has seen a lot of expansion, with General reaching 6 platforms. The recently completed cross island line terminates here.
(478 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
Long Island Transport, 13th Aug 2011.png
Along the new line, big stations have been built every 3-4 stations to allow passengers to change from high speed to stopping EMUs. The rural but close towns of Bronningstone and Fort Fronningley have been chosen as a big station site for operational reasons, as well as having plenty of room for expansion...for now at least. As at many LIT stations, local buses connect with trains.
(506.22 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
Long Island Transport, 30th Jan 2011.png
Meanwhile, it isn't all high technology. In a quieter part of the island DMUs trundle sedately through the woods, mostly regulated by ancient mechanical signalling.
(465.1 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

A final shot for now.
Attachments
Long Island Transport, 12th Jun 2012.png
Slunbourne has been resignalled following the advice of railway industry consultants...the station has now become the model for later junction layouts on LIT.
(435.63 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
Jacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Jacko »

very nice shots!
Also you could probably get another Station into Slunbourne
"O2 is for noobs, real people breath O3" ~ said sometime by Me

All comments from me may or may not be true and do not take them word-for-word

Feel Free to join me and some other people in The Nations Game - its actually quite fun.

1000th Post at Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:43 am
2000th post at Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:22 am
JamieLei
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JamieLei »

Kevo00 wrote:At Sluningpool passengers can change for the tram to Wraston, actually a much bigger town, but public subsidies intended to help smaller communities meant that Sluningpool got the station instead,
Haha - classic economic Kev!
Any opinions expressed are purely mine and not that of any employer, past or present.
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

JamieLei wrote:
Kevo00 wrote:At Sluningpool passengers can change for the tram to Wraston, actually a much bigger town, but public subsidies intended to help smaller communities meant that Sluningpool got the station instead,
Haha - classic economic Kev!
Thank you, :D well I did actually get a subsidy so built the station there instead of Wraston, because I could still tap Wraston by tram. Now my 'network effects' are such that I win all sorts of subsidies without trying.

I'll need to take some new shots - things haven't changed all that much in 100 years at Slunningpool, but Dadtown station is now much bigger. I way prefer the gradual town growth of OTTD to Loco's crazy boomtown growth.
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

About time to put some new screenshots up. Inspired by Lankku, I started a Japanese set game in the Japan scenario, starting from 1920. So far I have managed to build traditional networks on Hokkaido, for both freight and passengers, and a mostly passenger network between Tokyo and Osaka and around that sort of area. The sheer numbers of passengers make things quite challenging. I've built a fair number of linking trams, although I need huge fleets to carry the passengers. I've linked up my Hokkaido network with the Tokyo one via Shinkansen, and have used the Hankyu line sets and track to construct a commuter system around Osaka/Kobe/Koyoto. Its now 1994 and there is still oodles to do.
Attachments
Mashimoto Industries, 2nd Nov 1920.png
Its 1920 and Mashimoto Industries starts running trains from Tokyo to Maebashi. Here is the scene at Kumagaya.
(195.77 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
Mashimoto Industries, 28th Mar 1933.png
Ten years later and up in the north, industry is gaining pace. Sawmills offer goods traffic while a passenger route starts at Koshiro and runs along the coast to Hirchirippu.
(354.13 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
Mashimoto Industries, 5th Jun 1993.png
Jump to 1993 and Japan is at the height of its powers. Shinkansen has been extended to Sapporo. To reach Hakodate, passengers must change at Hakodate Junction for a conventional train into the city centre, as the town was not well located for the Hokkaido bridge alignment.
(310.48 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Something is up with your track GRF.

Anyway, look forward to seeing how these develop.
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

Yep, my Japan train set parameters were wrong initially, so the track was a bit wrong. I have fixed it now. I am using five types of track in all, quite exciting...

More shots from the 1990s...
Attachments
Mashimoto Industries, 28th Sep 1993.png
Despite the Shinkansen, conventional services remain popular on the Tokyo-Nagoya-Osaka corridor. Nagoya Woods is the terminus for trains from Osaka and Tokyo, while most Tokyo-Osaka trains stop at Chita, with connections for the Nagoya tram system.
(438.95 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Mashimoto Industries, 5th Nov 1993.png
South of Nagoya, a short experimental maglev route provides connection to Yatumi. A bit more glamorous than a PPM or 153.
(369.96 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Mashimoto Industries, 28th Nov 1993.png
Ibraki South is the main station for Osaka, it is actually quite central despite the name. The Shinkansen terminates there along with the conventional line from Tokyo. The Hankyu Railway's distinctive red trains connect at Nara for Koyoto South at the top of the map as well as running underground through Osaka, and running on from the left of the screen to Kobe.
(544.75 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

More from the land where anything is truly possible...
Attachments
Mashimoto Industries, 8th Feb 1994.png
Tokyo West is the hub of the system. Shinkansen and conventional rail routes meet with underground through the city to the other side of the bay, and tram services. Definitely the busiest station on the network.
(425.75 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Mashimoto Industries, 9th Feb 1994.png
The Tokyo Bay area as a whole - hovercraft run ferries in the bay, while a complex tram system operates, as well as a network of valuables vans between the city's many banks.
(454.27 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Mashimoto Industries, 9th Feb 1994#1.png
The Osaka Bay area, showing the full extent of Hankyu services as well as mainline, Shinkansen, tram, bus and sea services with hovercraft and hydrofoils.
(443.58 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

Wow, that is indeed a very short maglev route. Does it make any profit at all? :shock:
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

That Maglev may be more Glamorous than a PPM or a 153, but I bet I costs a hell of a lot more! Still, Stourbridge Town branch for Maglev Conversion, along with the Manchester Metrolink too! :lol:
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

Supercheese wrote:Wow, that is indeed a very short maglev route. Does it make any profit at all? :shock:
Yup, ¥13m in 1994. Yatomi has a 71% rating as a result. I originally built it very short for the first Japan set maglev, which only takes 10 passengers - fortunately the second one takes 225! Haven't got round to lengthening the route yet.
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

About time to post some new screenshots. I have been playing a UK game on the Wetlands scenario since it feels quite East Coastish.
Attachments
Eastern Counties Railway, 21st Nov 1903.png
An express steams out of New Grinbourne, with tram connections in evidence.
(364.17 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Eastern Counties Railway, 20th Sep 1903.png
A tram engine puffs away on a rural light railway, supplying the new corned beef factory.
(277.29 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Eastern Counties Railway, 10th May 1904.png
An 0-6-0 covered in grime carries coal to the new-fangled electricity plant thingy.
(131.23 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

Some more screenies...
Attachments
Eastern Counties Railway, 30th Aug 1904.png
A railmotor chugs to the village of Senston.
(141.43 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Eastern Counties Railway, 21st Nov 1909.png
Wrinstock Heath was orginally built as a terminus station, but expansion meant through platforms were needed.
(244.63 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Eastern Counties Railway, 19th Apr 1920.png
An express train rushes over the river while a wood train runs on a parallel branch.
(243.27 KiB) Downloaded 1 time

Return to “Screenshots”