[OpenTTD] Welcome to Japan (bobbiets's screens)

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
bobbiets
Engineer
Engineer

[OpenTTD] Welcome to Japan (bobbiets's screens)

Post by bobbiets »

Hi all,

I'm playing open TTD for ages now and expecially like the japanese train package (i just love japanese trains!). So here is my first topic about my fictional Modern area Japan. I hope you all enjoy it!

Lets start at Kamagaya, one of the most beautifull railroads in my game. The (short) commuter service that stops at the stations ends at the end of the valley and there is no connecting service to Tokyo from here, Simply because the people don't really need to go to tokyo. If they still want to go to Tokyo, people need to go back to Matsugami first, to get the express train to tokyo over there.
Welcome-to-japan-Abiko-Kamagaya-1.png
Sightseeing at Kamagaya, This valley is very populair by tourists...
(2.38 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
Here is the end of the commuter line to Tokai, also named Tokai Line. it's a small and touristic town, with an incredable view over the valley!
Welcome-to-japan-Tokai-1.png
Tokai, the end of the Commuter service...
(2.32 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
Next shot is taken at the border of the Tokyo district. This is a picture of Niizu East, the Main Station of Niizu, which is also one of the few terminal stations in the game. The station is Served by some Express trains and commuter trains. Since the new Commuter station was open (more downtown) became this station less and less used. Only four out of five tracks are still in use and the stations glorydays are pretty well over...
Welcome-to-japan-Niiza-1.png
Niizu east, the terminal station
(2.4 MiB) Downloaded 3 times

Well, that where the first 3 screenshots! There will be more to come! I still have a lot of building to do and finishing up stations and stuff. I hope you guys (and girls?) enjoyed it!

Greetz
Bobbiets
bwong
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: [OpenTTD] Welcome to Japan (bobbiets's screens)

Post by bwong »

These are amazing mate!
I'm just really jealous because I can't use TIAS cause my version of the game is too old for it (apparently)

Can't wait for more :)
Check out some of my work
Toni Babelony
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Toni Babelony »

Very nice screenshots and good use of TIAS! I'm feeling quite flattered by this.

@bwong: you can always try and update your version of OpenTTD and add TIAS to your game if possible. Be sure to make a backup of the savegame in case things go wrong. :wink:
Retired JapanSet developer and creator of TIAS.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Just seen these, very nice indeed!
SniperDJ
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by SniperDJ »

bobbiets wrote:
Here is the end of the commuter line to Tokai, also named Tokai Line. it's a small and touristic town, with an incredable view over the valley!
Welcome-to-japan-Tokai-1.png
what are those dead roads doing in the picture?
ImageImageTake a look at my Australia Scenario (work in progress)Image Proud citizen of The Netherlands
recently aquired the FCE
hargs
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by hargs »

I suspect that is the AIs work.
bobbiets
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bobbiets »

Hi everyone,

I don't post a lot on the forums, but i'm still following things from now and then and recently i started a new Japanese Game together with a friend of mine and since i already made this topic about one of my Japanese games a very long time ago, why not keep using it for more Japanese pics right?
Japan Railways, 21st Sep 1954.png
The Fukui Area, just North of Joyo, wich has a bit of a web of tracks through his towncenter...
(1.22 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Japan Railways, 21st Sep 1954#1.png
Joyo, Currently the biggest city in this game, has a Normal Gauge loop line through the city and a small international airport :-)
(1.24 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Japan Railways, 21st Sep 1954#2.png
Sakai has a branchline going to Moriguchi, which also serves the Sakai Lakeview station
(1.13 MiB) Not downloaded yet
We are also making a Let's play with this game, for the people who are interrested can view it on this link: The Japanese Way

I will upload more pictures of our game progress here 8)

Cheers,
Bobbie
S-Transport
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by S-Transport »

Very nice!
Greetings, S-Transport
My pictures
Timeflyer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Timeflyer »

bobbiets wrote:So here is my first topic about my fictional Modern area Japan.
Why fictional????
Not interested in building real Japanese Scnario...with real towns..real Heightmap??

Return to “Screenshots”