FLHerne's UK screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: FLHerne's UK screenshots

Post by YNM »

FLHerne wrote:
YNM wrote:How can you get both red and green carriage at the same time ? (unless I'm mistaken that it's not that standard passenger carriage !)
With the 'real colours' parameter set, UKRS2 varies carriage colour based on loco, date etc.
I always played with that setting on, seems like I don't pay any attention to that... (or I started too late !)
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

YNM wrote:
FLHerne wrote:
YNM wrote:How can you get both red and green carriage at the same time ? (unless I'm mistaken that it's not that standard passenger carriage !)
With the 'real colours' parameter set, UKRS2 varies carriage colour based on loco, date etc.
I always played with that setting on, seems like I don't pay any attention to that... (or I started too late !)
It's less obvious after Nationalisation (1948ish), because after that most carriages had the same livery. You still get crimson/cream->maroon->blue/grey->Intercity, though.
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
Author of an incredibly boring stickied post about NewGRFs.
eira64
Engineer
Engineer

Post by eira64 »

What newgrf are you using for your docks?

Everything looks amazing. Thanks for posting.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

YNM wrote:I always played with that setting on, seems like I don't pay any attention to that... (or I started too late !)
You also need your trains to visit depots to be repainted. This might not happen if you're playing with breakdowns off.
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

eira64 wrote:What newgrf are you using for your docks?

Everything looks amazing. Thanks for posting.
Thanks! I'll have to play some more sometime. :D

Most of the docks are CHIPS; bits of them use a CHIPS-based newobject set that I never got around to finishing.
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

Canal.png
Canal.png (535.18 KiB) Viewed 569 times
Just built this canal-aqueduct-thing. Can you guess what it is yet?
(I hope so, I can't...) :?
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

Another triumph of insomnia over practicality or logic.
I don't think this one's staying.
Sharkey & Co., 23rd Sep 1937#1.png
Sharkey & Co., 23rd Sep 1937#1.png (61.11 KiB) Viewed 3490 times
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Maybe something along the lines of this would make more sense, though I don't know how Practical it is for the surrounding tracks.
Suggestion.png
Suggestion.png (165.13 KiB) Viewed 3485 times
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

Back again after quite a long while...
A321Pilot wrote:Maybe something along the lines of this would make more sense, though I don't know how Practical it is for the surrounding tracks.
That wouldn't have quite worked, but the sanified version came out looking fairly similar, and definitely a lot more practical. This and the neigbouring flyovers take the Midland line from Torquay Docks over the throat of the Southern Electric terminus at Stamford (with an interchange station on the Midland route), then down under the city and the longer-distance Southern mainline which it joins just off-screen to the right at Stamford North.
Trams as usual, plus a Tube train sneaking into shot from the left.
Sharkey & Co., 5th Mar 1941.png
Sharkey & Co., 5th Mar 1941.png (189.58 KiB) Viewed 3178 times
At the other end of the Southern and Underground tunnels seen at the top of the last shot is Torquay Mill station, by far the busiest in Torquay as it serves the mainline from Steeton and Liverpool through to Stamford or the east coast. The Electric lines stop shortly afterward at Sunningdale East, while the mainlines dive underneath to head straight for Liverpool and the tube veers off back into central Torquay.
Sharkey & Co., 5th Mar 1941#1.png
Sharkey & Co., 5th Mar 1941#1.png (164.77 KiB) Viewed 3178 times
On the far side of Torquay, the Midland line skirts the southern fringes on its way to the Docks terminus (just off to the left), crossing the expanding road network on a series of low viaducts. Wartime economy measures have seen the LMS' Jubilees painted black.
Once again, a tube train is doing its very best to hide from the all-seeing camera!
Sharkey & Co., 24th Mar 1941#2.png
Sharkey & Co., 24th Mar 1941#2.png (186.43 KiB) Viewed 3178 times
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

An overview shot of the entire Torquay conurbation, for context. The city itself is in the centre, encircled by the Underground line (a complete ring, but now rather engulfed by the rapid growth), the Midland line to the south and east, and the Southern route across the north side. Sunningdale to the north and Stamford to the southeast are being gradually assimilated.
Sharkey & Co., 24th Mar 1941#1.png
(334.87 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
Just along the coast, but a lot more relaxed...one of the LNER's little tank locos waits at Pontypool for its sister to clear the single line from Corkickle and ultimately Stamford North. It's a small town, but traffic at the station is boosted by the ferries to the island town of Neston off the coast.
Sharkey & Co., 11th Apr 1941.png
Sharkey & Co., 11th Apr 1941.png (148.23 KiB) Viewed 3177 times
Right across the network, and still relatively calm - the mainline to Cardiff is quad-tracked for its northernmost stretch. A streamlined Princess Coronation (not yet afflicted by the wartime blandness) makes good use of this infrastructure, speeding past at 110mph as a Jubilee drags its train out of Fishguard station.
Another streamliner heads south toward Rishton Junction, Hexham and Dean.
Sharkey & Co., 24th Mar 1941#3.png
Sharkey & Co., 24th Mar 1941#3.png (170.89 KiB) Viewed 3177 times
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

Linkgraph for the southern half of the network. Lots of trams/buses!
Sharkey & Co., 28th Oct 1939.png
(358.4 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
S-Transport
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by S-Transport »

Very nice!
Greetings, S-Transport
My pictures
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

Two GWR branch lines start here at Norton Bridge Junction, interchanging with frequent Southern Electric services along the coast to Steeton, Liverpool and beyond. The left-hand bays are used by a coastal service to Headcorn via Elton, but we'll be following this autotrain heading inland from the single bay to the northeast...
Sharkey & Co., 25th Jul 1943.png
Sharkey & Co., 25th Jul 1943.png (128.73 KiB) Viewed 2977 times
...via Wesham, a small town with a goods yard to serve the local farms (not finished yet)...
Sharkey & Co., 24th Jul 1943#1.png
Sharkey & Co., 24th Jul 1943#1.png (127.16 KiB) Viewed 2977 times
...to Worksop, the local market town and hub of the local bus network, where it meets what passes for the GWR's "mainline", operated by sleek and modern (but rather slow!) diesel railcar units.
Sharkey & Co., 24th Jul 1943.png
Sharkey & Co., 24th Jul 1943.png (177.42 KiB) Viewed 2977 times
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

I like the 'sandwich' GWR auto trains. Very neat!

Return to “Screenshots”