FLHerne's UK screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
TinyMusic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: FLHerne's UK screenshots

Post by TinyMusic »

FLHerne wrote:Any bigger and they wouldn't fit through the new aqueduct at South Gyle... (which looks silly anyway, TBH):
Spondon Cross Railways, 1st Apr 1964.png
...but the bauxite still has to be transferred to smaller barges to negotiate the narrow and twisty canal at Fort Matilda (they also go through another new canal at Uckfield and the existing one at Hirwaun, on their way to the aluminium plant at West Calder):
Spondon Cross Railways, 25th Sep 1963.png
Are the bridges from TTRS? If so, where did you get a version with UK Roads?
Formerly known as UseYourIllusion.
Java Scenario Found Here - Version 2 out
[tweɪ̂ pû tɕʰì wɔ̀ mǐlɤ lû tɕʰìŋ nì pɑ́ŋmɑ̌ŋ]
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

UseYourIllusion wrote:Are the bridges from TTRS? If so, where did you get a version with UK Roads?
They're TBRS bridges with Quast65's modified sprites as found here. :wink:
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
Author of an incredibly boring stickied post about NewGRFs.
TinyMusic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by TinyMusic »

FLHerne wrote:
UseYourIllusion wrote:Are the bridges from TTRS? If so, where did you get a version with UK Roads?
They're TBRS bridges with Quast65's modified sprites as found here. :wink:
Anyone wrote/have the nml/nfo file? Looks I have to write the code and compile it myself. :(
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Use GRFCodec, decompile the NewGRF, replace the graphics with the new graphics, recompile, done...
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Morgs
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Morgs »

Why is the American Roadset GRF supported and yet the UK Roadset GRF is not supported. I hope someone manages to make one.

Really good screenshots, question to ask. What is the railway track GRF?
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

Morgs wrote:Really good screenshots, question to ask. What is the railway track GRF?
Thanks. :D It's just NuTracks, with the speed-limits tweaked upwards a bit (65, 90, 110, 140 mph).
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
Andrew350
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Andrew350 »

Morgs wrote:Why is the American Roadset GRF supported and yet the UK Roadset GRF is not supported.
Well, lets see:

The license is the same for both sets, so no problem there.

The graphics are obviously already available, so that's covered.

Literally all it would take is 15 minutes to decompile the grf, paste in the graphics, change the grfid, update the name and credits, re-compile, and upload. Voila, TBRS with UK Roads. :)

So, the reason it hasn't been done yet appears to be just a simple case of nobody willing to take those few extra steps to release it. :wink:
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Morgs wrote:Why is the American Roadset GRF supported and yet the UK Roadset GRF is not supported. I hope someone manages to make one
Actually, no other road sets other than the default TTD/OpenTTD roads are officially supported. Other versions exist because somebody took the time to create a new set with the appropriate sprites. Chalk it up to laziness and disinterest.
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

As the 60s rolled on, the Ivatt tanks on the Trafford Park suburban line and Staveley branch urgently needed replacing. While their classmates on other routes were simply replaced by 6-car DMU sets, the busiest parts of this line were already electrified - Spondon suburban platofrms and Fort Matilda at 750VDC, the mainline through Trafford Park with 25kV OHLE.

So, in the spirit of curiosity and historical infidelity, the SCR presents the tri-mode train of the future! Consisting of a state-of-the art JB electrodiesel coupled to a 5-car rake of the latest AM10 EMU stock, it can draw power from the OHLE, 3rd rail or move at lower speed solely on diesel power! :D
Spondon Cross Railways, 23rd Aug 1967#1.png
Spondon Cross Railways, 23rd Aug 1967#1.png (175.87 KiB) Viewed 2735 times
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Very beautiful screenshot :))
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
arikover
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by arikover »

I concur!
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

Good to know that people are looking at these. 8)

The freight traffic through Fairburn has picked up a lot since I showed it before; coal, oil, bauxite and metal services crowding around the original fish trains. Those have been containerised and picked up a back-flow of processed food, with the underpowered pairs of Class 31s replaced by 37s and then (of all things!) Class 52 Westerns cascaded from the original Rhymney mainline.
Passenger services have increased too with a new route north to Ty Glas and Rhymney, bypassing Hough Green, opened during the early '70s. Electrified at 1500VDC like the pre-existing Fairburn loop, it'll almost certainly be the last example of that outmoded system - plans are already being drawn up for the conversion to 25kV.
Spondon Cross Railways, 7th Jan 1982.png
Spondon Cross Railways, 7th Jan 1982.png (103.88 KiB) Viewed 2548 times
Those Westerns were made available as brand-new HSTs took over the Newcastle-Hough Green-Rhymney services, their higher top speed and acceleration increasing capacity on the overcrowded route. Unfortunately the powercars have a mail capacity, encouraging the locals to send vast amounts of the stuff and necessitating a separate mail service.
A pair of 47s on a mail train, a third on an Eaglescliffe-Birmingham semi-fast, an ageing Met-Camm DMU and an 86 tucked behind the buildings in the foreground accompany two of the HSTs at the recently-remodelled (again) Plumpton station. As a small triangle of busy lines, with one apex a terminus and another the network's largest junction, the Spondon-Newcastle-Plumpton area is quite tricky to keep moving.
Spondon Cross Railways, 4th Jan 1982.png
Spondon Cross Railways, 4th Jan 1982.png (176.04 KiB) Viewed 2548 times
Much calmer - a few experimental PEP EMUs have replaced the first-gen DMU sets on the Newcastle coast suburban. With a bit of infill and edge electrification, such units have a good chance of replacing the rather outlandish tri-mode sets through Trafford Park in a few years.
Spondon Cross Railways, 12th Jan 1982.png
Spondon Cross Railways, 12th Jan 1982.png (161.26 KiB) Viewed 2548 times
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

By far the largest use of first-generation DMU sets was on the Sandling & Westminster route, where a dozen or so 6-car formations had taken over from Ivatt tanks in the 60s. Rapidly-rising passenger numbers and increasing fish traffic made the sluggish MetCamms were a serious problem in the late 70s, however, and with no newer DMUs yet available the line was electrified at 750VDC and provided with a large new-build fleet of 90mph EMUs. At the same time extra platforms were added at the intermediate stations to avoid stopping passenger services from delaying the fast fish trains, as shown to good effect by this pair of Westerns shaking the windows of Sandling's new concrete buildings.
Spondon Cross Railways, 21st Jan 1982.png
Spondon Cross Railways, 21st Jan 1982.png (184.77 KiB) Viewed 2542 times
A 47 heads south across Canterbury Jn, passing a 25 (the unreliable 23s didn't last long) heading for Uckfield. An 86-hauled express up to Plumpton has got caught behind the stopper at Canterbury station, while the Bentley metro services swarm chaotically as always.
Spondon Cross Railways, 7th Feb 1982.png
Spondon Cross Railways, 7th Feb 1982.png (171.84 KiB) Viewed 2542 times
DarkUk
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by DarkUk »

Seriously impressive shots bro

keep up the good work
praguzz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by praguzz »

wait, how do you build a bridge over a station?
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

praguzz wrote:wait, how do you build a bridge over a station?
There was a patch for it on the IRC a while ago. The version I'm using is hacked about further to allow building bridges over just about anything, regardless of looking stupid... :P

Not possible in trunk OTTD at the moment. :(
Klaasgras
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Klaasgras »

I like these screens very much! Especially the Am10-Electro-Diesel solution!
Here, take a look a my screenshot thread: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=59701
TinyMusic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by TinyMusic »

FLHerne wrote:
There was a patch for it on the IRC a while ago. The version I'm using is hacked about further to allow building bridges over just about anything, regardless of looking stupid... :P

Please send me the patch so I can try it. I would really like it if someone put it in a patch pack.
MasterMeNL
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MasterMeNL »

UseYourIllusion wrote:
FLHerne wrote:

Please send me the patch so I can try it. I would really like it if someone put it in a patch pack.
Like me. :mrgreen:
If that doesn't happen I might just create my own patch. Although with my skills it'll probably remove the entire check allowing you to build bridges anywhere even in the most ridiculous ways which will probably crash the game when you build one in water.

Regards,

Melvin.

Return to “Screenshots”