FLHerne's UK screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: FLHerne's UK screenshots

Post by FLHerne »

A pair of Turbostars and an HST cover two sides of the triangle at St Germans, and a pair of Voyagers is about to use the third. The station here is more for connections than as a destination, although a bus link to the town (above the tunnels to the left) has been mooted.
Spondon Cross Railways, 21st Feb 2005.png
Spondon Cross Railways, 21st Feb 2005.png (175.4 KiB) Viewed 3534 times
Another triangular formation, albeit not connected, north of Glaisdale. The Voyagers and HSTs on the eastern mainline shift rather faster than the ageing choppers on the bauxite runs down to the quay.
Spondon Cross Railways, 22nd Feb 2005.png
Spondon Cross Railways, 22nd Feb 2005.png (141.79 KiB) Viewed 3534 times
The busier (!) end of that freight line - I count 18 Class 92s visible, plus 8 whose presence can be deduced as they trundle out of shot. Also a lot of heavy industrial transporters connecting the ports on either side of the hill, and a pair of Pendolinos.
Spondon Cross Railways, 22nd Feb 2005#1.png
Spondon Cross Railways, 22nd Feb 2005#1.png (149.49 KiB) Viewed 3534 times
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
Author of an incredibly boring stickied post about NewGRFs.
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Passengers at the railway station not suffocate from emissions from lime plant?

Dense railway traffic on the third screenshot. Trains with various cargoes. Still a lot of trucks with resources :) .

It would be interesting to see passenger flow - buses, trams :) .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

Hough Green Upper station is a larger version of that at Botley, with large office buildings above the platforms. HSTs and IC225 sets hide beneath them, Tube and local suburban trains enter the gap between the two blocks, Pendolinos use the separate east-west platforms and a 747 overflies some 92s.
Spondon Cross Railways, 3rd Jul 2003.png
Spondon Cross Railways, 3rd Jul 2003.png (164.01 KiB) Viewed 3320 times
Tube trains and buses move passengers about on top of Staines Hill, heavy freight snakes along the foot of the valley. The Rhymney mainline runs along the eastern edge of almost every city it serves, which makes local services into their centres rather important.
Spondon Cross Railways, 22nd Jul 2003#1.png
Spondon Cross Railways, 22nd Jul 2003#1.png (182.38 KiB) Viewed 3320 times
Metro stations and buses are almost invisible amid the towers of Eaglescliffe city centre. Once again, the mainline is well to the east.
Spondon Cross Railways, 3rd Jul 2003#2.png
Spondon Cross Railways, 3rd Jul 2003#2.png (195.46 KiB) Viewed 3320 times
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

Big pictures for a change.

It feels strange that the original sections of the three earliest mainlines are now all within a contiguous built-up area.
Spondon Cross Railways, 6th Sep 2003.png
(443.74 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
The first station at Langley Green, on a branch from the coastal line to Claverdon, served the town centre up the hill. Several years later the new south-eastern mainline was built through the next valley, so now EMUs go around the town to meet the Voyagers and HSTs.
Spondon Cross Railways, 2nd Jan 2005#1.png
(422.07 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

I probably post too many screenshots of Fairburn, but there's always something going on...

A pair of 67s bring a load of grain into the expanding industrial area, following up on the 450 tons of sugarbeet dumped by the 66s on the next line over. A 92-hauled container train comes in with a full load of fish for the processing plant, and will then load up with food products for the return journey to the cities. The local fishing fleet is bringing in yet more fish alongside a bulk freighter unloading stone onto the quay, where giant trucks are waiting to take it to the nearby cement works.
In the background more 92s roll past with oil and coal, and Pendolinos and a Eurostar set zip by on the fast lines.
Spondon Cross Railways, 14th Jul 2006.png
Spondon Cross Railways, 14th Jul 2006.png (100.61 KiB) Viewed 3136 times
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

I like this port for the reception of goods. Really very nicely :)) .
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Dave

Post by Dave »

Arghhh that port has caused me to have a crisis!!! Brilliant!!!
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

Thanks! :D

Next iteration might be better, if I can get this finished:
NGT, 21st Jul 1980.png
NGT, 21st Jul 1980.png (73.79 KiB) Viewed 2980 times
Needs fences though. And better support for parallel tracks and junctions. And foundations.
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

The NewObject is out ? Or is it new ISR/CHIPS version ?
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

YNM wrote:The NewObject is out ? Or is it new ISR/CHIPS version ?
NewObject. Still not quite finished, largely because it's done enough for me to play with it and I'm too lazy to add the final touches. :oops:

Anyway, new game:

An A3 heads out across the causeway at Hampstead Wall; the Oxenholme branch train heads back into the hills having connected with expresses in both directions. The single-track section here is a bit awkward operationally.
Murphy & Co., 27th Jul 1938.png
Murphy & Co., 27th Jul 1938.png (110.3 KiB) Viewed 2672 times
More coastline, this time at Oban; another 238 holidaymakers arrive at the beach behind a sparkling Gresley V2. There isn't much space for any more windbreaks...
Murphy & Co., 23rd May 1938#1.png
Murphy & Co., 23rd May 1938#1.png (133.9 KiB) Viewed 2672 times
Splitting the difference at Clapham; two Stanier tanks veer off at right-angles. The driver of the Coronation is not amused! :roll:
Murphy & Co., 16th Feb 1940.png
Murphy & Co., 16th Feb 1940.png (196.21 KiB) Viewed 2672 times
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

Oops. Removed the wrong signal while rebuilding the throat at Clapham. That big mess was a Stanier tank, two Jubilees, 23 carriages and 547 passengers. :shock:
Murphy & Co., 3rd Oct 1937.png
Murphy & Co., 3rd Oct 1937.png (193.33 KiB) Viewed 2629 times
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

I do believe they may revoke your franchise for this... :-(
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

kamnet wrote:I do believe they may revoke your franchise for this... :-(
Meh. Nowhere near privatisation yet! :twisted:

Mini-series on inter-company boundaries, because I decided to do things that way this time:

About halfway between Sheffield and Brighton, the SR mainline intersects the much older LNER branch from Bootle to St Austell. Rather than looping out of the valley to meet at the small village of Vauxhall, the surveyors simply designed a new station in the middle of nowhere. :roll:
All four platforms at Vauxhall Junction are briefly occupied as two trains from each company pass. Just off-screen to the right, the single-track St. Austell branch diverges again towar the east coast.
Murphy & Co., 22nd Aug 1939.png
Murphy & Co., 22nd Aug 1939.png (188.02 KiB) Viewed 2606 times
Further north, the SR and LMS meet at Brighton. The former is represented by a tiny Stroudley 'Terrier' on the Willesden branch and a 'King Arthur' heading for Sheffield; two trains of the latter pass offside having nearly collide head-on. :|
Murphy & Co., 5th Oct 1939.png
Murphy & Co., 5th Oct 1939.png (112.77 KiB) Viewed 2606 times
The LNER having secured running rights on the LMS mainline to Clapham, competing streamliners pass at Kings Cross. The A4 has a long way to go down to Gunnislake, whereas Stanier's bigger Pacific has almost completed its journey from Motspur Park. The lake steamer from Apsley has missed both trains. :(
Murphy & Co., 17th Apr 1940.png
Murphy & Co., 17th Apr 1940.png (112.11 KiB) Viewed 2606 times
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

Motspur Park, centre of the world paddle-steamer trade. :D The LNER station is to the left and the LMS one at the right; the large hill under the city precluded a shared station.
Murphy & Co., 19th Oct 1937.png
(313.25 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
The three towns of Manea, Chalfont and Summerston surround the little island of Clifton. More steamers and small boats ply their trade across and through the straits.
Murphy & Co., 13th Nov 1937.png
(100.39 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
Grantown-on-Spey, west of Gunnislake, is served by the LNER's rather elderly Klondyke Atlantics.
Murphy & Co., 15th Nov 1937.png
Murphy & Co., 15th Nov 1937.png (180.39 KiB) Viewed 2593 times
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Beautiful screenshots :D .
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

You actually used different companies to simulate that ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

YNM wrote:You actually used different companies to simulate that ?
No, UKRS2 with real-colours and remembering which loco classes were used by each UK railway company. :wink:
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

How can you get both red and green carriage at the same time ? (unless I'm mistaken that it's not that standard passenger carriage !)
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

YNM wrote:How can you get both red and green carriage at the same time ? (unless I'm mistaken that it's not that standard passenger carriage !)
With the 'real colours' parameter set, UKRS2 varies carriage colour based on loco, date etc.
Densha
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Densha »

FLHerne wrote:With the 'real colours' parameter set, UKRS2 varies carriage colour based on loco, date etc.
Which I like but at the same time it's a pity you can't decide for yourself which real livery your train has because they decided it for you while there's multiple liveries available that were in use at the same time, especially the private operator liveries (I think).

Return to “Screenshots”