jor[D]1's screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Silverx50
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: jor[D]1's screenshots

Post by Silverx50 »

Interesting use of the Roosendaal station piece to create that nice looking station.
All my projects are GPLv2 License.

Dutch landmark Object Set Workshop viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75071
My stations workshop viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74749
jor[D]1
Director
Director

Post by jor[D]1 »

Thank you, couldn't really find a nice island station building and these have no sidewalk around so fitted pretty well.

* :wink: a need for geldermalsn, Den Dolder or Vlaardingen station, hint hint *
View my (train)pictures on Flickr
Silverx50
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Silverx50 »

jor[D]1 wrote:* a need for geldermalsn, Den Dolder or Vlaardingen station, hint hint *
hahahaha, I sadly have a pretty big backlog of stations that still need a flipped view.
But I'm happy you pointed me to that geldermalsen station, it's a nice station that I didn't know of.
That will be added to my list for sure. the other two I'll try to fit in between the larger drawings. But it will be a while before I have them done.
All my projects are GPLv2 License.

Dutch landmark Object Set Workshop viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75071
My stations workshop viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74749
jor[D]1
Director
Director

Post by jor[D]1 »

Haven't had much time to work on this game. But got some work done recently.
A new mainline has been opened and timetabled including a branch line. It's very nice to see the trains merge, and provide (cross platform) interchanges between trains.

Also major work has been done to complete construction another mainline straight through center of the map.
This line ends at a untill now unserved big city. Because this is the only big town in the west and the geography of the map makes all future planned lines more or less end here it required a big terminus station.
There will be at least 4 mainlines terminating directly at the station and a yet unknown number of branches, so heavy traffic and a timetabling nightmare is awaiting. The designs of the station should allow trains form the various lines to arrive and leave simultaneous, the most difficult puzzle always is to plan them conflict free to and from the sidings at the begin and end of the day.

To create parking sports for this large fleet a new engineering works has been constructed near the new station. It gives room to park 20 full length trains (10 tiles) overnight, which probably will be insufficient. Space has been reserved nearby to create extra sidings for shorter trains of needed.

Now the horrible task to get everything in excel and create a timetable can start.
Attachments
Hawthorn & Co., 19 Okt 1922.png
The new terminus station
(1.28 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Hawthorn & Co., 19 Okt 1922#1.png
The new engineering works
(1.24 MiB) Not downloaded yet
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Well that's engineering works. :shock:
Jackfrost
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Jackfrost »

jor[D]1 wrote:Haven't had much time to work on this game. But got some work done recently.
A new mainline has been opened and timetabled including a branch line. It's very nice to see the trains merge, and provide (cross platform) interchanges between trains.

Also major work has been done to complete construction another mainline straight through center of the map.
This line ends at a untill now unserved big city. Because this is the only big town in the west and the geography of the map makes all future planned lines more or less end here it required a big terminus station.
There will be at least 4 mainlines terminating directly at the station and a yet unknown number of branches, so heavy traffic and a timetabling nightmare is awaiting. The designs of the station should allow trains form the various lines to arrive and leave simultaneous, the most difficult puzzle always is to plan them conflict free to and from the sidings at the begin and end of the day.

To create parking sports for this large fleet a new engineering works has been constructed near the new station. It gives room to park 20 full length trains (10 tiles) overnight, which probably will be insufficient. Space has been reserved nearby to create extra sidings for shorter trains of needed.

Now the horrible task to get everything in excel and create a timetable can start.
A quick question - is there a simple way to calculate the number of tiles between stations or are you manually counting them?

Really interested in this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jor[D]1
Director
Director

Post by jor[D]1 »

I manually count the tiles using the track laying tools.

I'm still in a slow pace working on getting the timetable right for this new line. Which is quite complicated as it will have express trains which continue onto other lines.
A rough base timetable for the expresses is made, but the stopping services need to be weaved through it.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

The '?' tool does give x/y coordinates, maybe that is of use for the longer straight parts (along the main axes) of the line.
Eg first tile at (x1, y) and last tile at (x2, y) you have 'abs(x2 - x1) + 1' tiles

If you make corners always in the same way then even track with corners may be countable from the first and last position, but that highly depends on the shape of the corner.
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
Tsylatac
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Tsylatac »

Whoa! I like the screenshots.. :oops: but what I'm really excited for is that spreadsheet! Thanks for offering it, I plan on making use of it..

I'm trying to figure out, on the Settings page, what are the "Tiles" and "Speed" fields used for? I'm an Excel newb but I don't seem to see them referenced from any other sheet.. only the "Ticks Per Minute" value seems to be in use. Are these just for debugging/checking calculations, or am I missing something?
jor[D]1
Director
Director

Post by jor[D]1 »

Didn't had much time last weeks, and didn't check here, but to answer our question.

You are correct, the tick/minute is important for the timetables and should be equal to your setting in game.
The two other inputs (speed and Tiles) are just there for debugging and checking purpose.
If you fill in those you will see the time required to travel the tiles at that speed in the bottom of the cell.

I left this in there because it's handy to determine the time required to travel from sidings into stations. Also I use it as a quick reference on how the calculation is done to convert form game units to real units.

Return to “Screenshots”