jor[D]1's screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Re: jor[D]1's screenshots

Post by Pilot »

Probably the "Chunnel" Patch
jor[D]1
Director
Director

Post by jor[D]1 »

Indeed the chunnel patch, its included in chill's patchpack which I use.
View my (train)pictures on Flickr
jor[D]1
Director
Director

Post by jor[D]1 »

Continued..
7 months later the first loaded train arrived at the future harbor. Two tracks as well as the quay track are completed, and building progresses fast.
7 months later the first loaded train arrived at the future harbor. Two tracks as well as the quay track are completed, and building progresses fast.
Klei Fishing co., 08-05-1932.png (700.79 KiB) Viewed 5439 times
jor[D]1
Director
Director

Post by jor[D]1 »

A full year later the harbour grew a lot. There has been build a transfer facility, which will be put in service over the coming years.
Attachments
Klei Fishing co., 17-06-1936.png
(491 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
jor[D]1
Director
Director

Post by jor[D]1 »

A new game I just started, lots eyecandy and manually placed industries.
IJzerenSpoorweg mij., 27-06-1930.png
The mines at Ruischengat are the place were most coal comes from, a bit north a third complex is located at Zutphen.
(577.41 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
IJzerenSpoorweg mij., 29-06-1930.png
Heereburen Harbor is the place where the coal is transferred to ships. On the right side you see the company's maintenance facility.
(377.99 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
IJzerenSpoorweg mij., 22-06-1930.png
The train from Den Hool enters the station of Heereburen, meanwhile a BR38 locomotive is prepared at the turntable to take the train back to Den Hool.
(409.32 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
jor[D]1
Director
Director

Post by jor[D]1 »

After a long time new game, new screen:

Welcome to the city of Rewert. It's one of the tourist hotspots of the country. Know for it's snow white beach, nice climate and cultural importance.
Rewert is the place where the company has it's roots. A ferry to the nearby island of schiermonnikoog, has existed here since medieval times. The shallow bay made it the perfect place for a small harbor.
Ships are safely guided into this harbor by the still operating lighthouse dating from the early 17th century.
During times the city grew, with booming population, churches had to be built. Currently there are 3 old historic churches in the city.
The oldest one, built 1289, replaced a smaller wooden church. It's located in the middle of the town, next to the harbour. And has a recognizable brown color, to imitate the old wooden church.
The second church was built around 1450, when a storm wiped an older church away built on a peninsula. The new church is clearly visible from sea, and located on the remains of the old peninsula, which is almost unrecognizable.
The last church is also the biggest one, it a cathedral built 1732. It may look out of place, since it's not in the city center. When built the city council, didn't allow any buildings higher than the lighthouse, so the cathedral was built outside city borders, on the edge of the old forests.

The EVS "Eerste veer schiermonnikoog" has special holiday offers. Ferry or train to rewert, day trips to schiermonnikoog and tickets for tramrides and tourist attractions. Also enjoy shopping in the numerous streets of Rewert.
Attachments
Eerste Veer Schiermonnikoog EVS, 31-07-1930.png
Eerste Veer Schiermonnikoog EVS, 31-07-1930.png (1.2 MiB) Viewed 1030 times
jor[D]1
Director
Director

Post by jor[D]1 »

Here a shot of The island Schiermonnikoog. The island nowadays has multiple villages, but the first settlement was Schiermonnikoog and traces of prehistoric life have been found here.
After many storms destroyed the village of schiermonnikoog, the people decided to create a new settlement in the hills. This place became known as "Dorp" Meaning Village.
One of the bigger villages today is Heeswijk, it was the best place to construct a safe harbour for the island. The name comes form the Proto-Germanic word "Haisjô" meaning scrub, because no trees could grow here due to the silt winds from sea.
Next to Heeswijk, is Zandeweer (Zand=sand). It named because of the ever moving sand dunes that where here for centuries, making it hard to pass from Heeswijk to Schiermonnikoog (village).

The villages of Ruigewaard, Elde and Beetgum date back to the early 19th century, and were mainly built to house people migrating to the island. The original inhabitant of schiermonnikoog, never build along that coast line, it's know for it's rough rocks and heavy winds. The name Ruigewaard (Ruig=Rough) was the original name for this part of the caost.

Today the island is loved by tourist coming for the beautiful nature, which is found all over the island in the form of dunes, forest, cliffs and hills. The villages house many good taverns. Which serve local products.

Daytrips and holidays are offered by EVS, They include a ferry transfer from Rewert to Heeswijk and free bus usage across the island. It's not allowed to bring private cars.
Attachments
Eerste Veer Schiermonnikoog EVS, 08-09-1930.png
(1.5 MiB) Downloaded 6 times
jor[D]1
Director
Director

Post by jor[D]1 »

New game using the Hard game patchpack.

The networks consists of 2 bug station located at opposite sides of the map. Lines radiate out from here and will eventually connect both networks.
4 trains at the western hub of the network.
4 trains at the western hub of the network.
McIntosh & Co., 09-07-1946.png (1.16 MiB) Viewed 1029 times
Station on the eastern side of the network.
Station on the eastern side of the network.
McIntosh & Co., 27-09-1947#2.png (493.84 KiB) Viewed 4736 times
McIntosh & Co., 27-09-1947#3.png
Map
(51.08 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

That's a hell of a lot of towns.
jor[D]1
Director
Director

Post by jor[D]1 »

I think it is about 3000, population is 3,4 million. It's a 2024x2024 map.
Maybe an interesting trick, I divide my Local and Intercity trains using programmed waypoints. This way Local train automatically use the outer platforms on thruh station. But when the outer platforms are being used they will use the middle one. Same trick used to divide trains on 4 track mainlines.
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

Thoroughly looking forward to more pictures from this game, looks like it has mucho potential!
(British) Modular Stations Set - Thread: | Website:
Swiss Set - Thread: | Website:
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread
jor[D]1
Director
Director

Post by jor[D]1 »

I hope I can keep up this game, usually not, but I like this map and the GRF settings.
Maybe some more at the end of next week, have a few exams coming up.
(Also played only MSTS and Openrails last week, instead of OTTD :oops: )

To keep everybody amused till then, two screens I made this week:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1073559
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

jor[D]1 wrote:New game using the Hard game patchpack.

The networks consists of 2 bug station located at opposite sides of the map. Lines radiate out from here and will eventually connect both networks.
McIntosh & Co., 09-07-1946.png
McIntosh & Co., 27-09-1947#2.png
McIntosh & Co., 27-09-1947#3.png
Very nice screenshots from the game :) .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
jor[D]1
Director
Director

Post by jor[D]1 »

Wow, just 1 day short of 5 years since the last post here and I have a new screen to post.

Been out of TTD for the most time.
Now trying something new, a 24h timetabled network.
It requires some carefull planning, but allows for real cool things, like exact overtaking of freight, express and local trains. Perfect Platform usage and connections.

I plan it using a nice excel spreadsheet.
It automaticly calculates the travel time, base don the tile distance between stations, the track speed, train speed and any optional put in speed restriction.

The timetable is then visualised in a graph so conflicts can easily be spotted.
After the track has been build and the basic timetable designed and checked for conflicts. Trains can be bought and timetable din OTTD, using the data form the spread sheet.
The scheduled dispatch funtion of the patchpack is used to make sure every time leaves at the right time every morning. They all need unique orders and timetables so the can start at different stations. Also some trains may make a run without passengers to get to or form the sidings. Like the last train 11005 which head directly back along the line to the sidings, without transporting passengers.
For busses and trams it's a bit more easy using shared order and the scheduled dispatch function.

Currently I use a setting of 120tick per minutes, this gives me the possibility to run about 12 trains per our on a 80km/h track, with about 10 tile signal spacing. The distance between two trains running 5 minutes behind each other will be 20 tiles. Stops willoffcourese reduce the capacity of the track, but I think with increased track speeds it will be possible to run 4 local and 4 express services an hour each direction, without them getting in traffic.

Screens of timetable in spoiler due to massive size :wink:
[+] Spoiler
The 00:02 are the station times, the empty cell beneath can be used to put in a speed restriction until the next station. The two cells to the left are the arrival and departure time.

Graphical view of the timetable. Note the last down and upgoing lines having no stops, or only stopping at a few stations.
Hawthorn & Co., 19 Mrt 1922.png
The other end of the line at Olterterp the first train (Stoptrein 11001) just leaves the station. The first bus of the day also allowed a connection to this train.
(564.3 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Hawthorn & Co., 15 Mrt 1922.png
The first train (Stoptrein 11002) of the day leaves the sidings at Papenvoort. The sidings are already extended to a 7 tracks so additional trains for the soon to be opened northern section of the railway can be parked overnight.
(535.9 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by jor[D]1 on 12 Apr 2018 14:43, edited 1 time in total.
Juggynaunt
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Juggynaunt »

Damn, this is a very cool idea! I've tried to set up timetabels with schedule dispatch as well, but I've never been this methodical in my approach. How are you going to handle more lines on the network?
Check out my screenshots ---> Here!
jor[D]1
Director
Director

Post by jor[D]1 »

Handling more lines is basicly as follows, building the line, measuring, timetabling them in excel and putting the trains out. Calculating everything using excel is where the magic happens, it's all about avoiding conflicts, which can easily be seen on the graphical view. once you get conflicts i tried to move trains by a few minutes, change stopping times, speeds etc till it fits. Untill finally there is need to build extra infrastructure.
The real cool stuff will start to happen once I get exprestrains or singe track lines going. In the grapical view you can exactly see at which parts the trains need to cross each other.
I tried hourly/24h timetables before, but never could really manage them well, because I was doing it using the ingame timetable autofill. Now the times are 100% calculated and this works perfect.
Scheduled dispatch comes handy to initially start the train on the day, however it doesn't help for trains during the day, because the train needs to head into the depot/sidings after every run. This causes quite a lot of traffic at stations entrances, especially terminus. If everytrain at a terminus goes to the sidings before it makes a new trip it basicly doubles the amount of trains, that are driving there.
It should be possible to also take acceleration, deceleration times and trainlenght into account, but usually this can be disregarded in openttd, the few ticks running early or late will stay beneath 1 or 2 minutes, so the time will be regained on the next stop.
I think some real excel guru could even make the conflict checcking automated.

i attached the excel file to the post for anyone interested.

I've got the second line running now. See the time table below, once I get some faster trains in game I will probably add a express train once or twice a day, which will also wait at sidings during the day.
[+] Spoiler

I also made a 24h platform occupation diagram for Papenvoort. As you can see both local services provide a cross platform interchange. (the platform between track 2 and 3 is an island)

It shows Ppv track 1-3 and Ppv opstel (the sidings) track 1-5 and the hours at which it is occupied, the number in the red block is the train number.
Ppv Track 1 I want to use in future for expres trains, track 2 or 3 will possibly also see some traffic from a single track branch I will be building next.
Warning the image has a massive vertical size! (The diagram does need some re designing to make it easier to use)
[+] Spoiler
Attachments
Map1.xlsx
The still small "big timetable" file.
(160.35 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
Juggynaunt
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Juggynaunt »

Ahh I see. This is seriously cool :bow:

I'll follow this thread with keen intrest :D
Check out my screenshots ---> Here!
Tintinfan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Tintinfan »

Always looking out on ways to maximise the realism of my own games, you've really gone to the next level here. Very impressed! :D Keep us posted with more timetable graphs, I'm a big fan of them. If you ever feel like it, a savegame would be amazing to look at alongside the excel timetable sheets/graphs to see how it all comes together! :D
Regards,

Tinny/Tintinfan. :)
jor[D]1
Director
Director

Post by jor[D]1 »

I will for sure share the save later on, there is just not enough to been seen yet to show the timetables in full glory. It needs some expres and freight running between the other trains to show the system in it's full glory.
Currently working on the 3rd line, the excel sheet is ready, only need to plan the trains, and somehow decided where create sidings for them.
I do not only make 24h timetables, but the track layouts should also look eyecandy and realistic. Little teaser of one of the stations.
Hawthorn & Co., 14 Apr 1922.png
One of the stations where the new line (Left/west) Meets the existing line (North-south). Also space has been reseverd for a line leading to the west.
(560.5 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I need to add a sidings/depot somewhere here somwhere at the northern side, the southern side is too cramped due to cities and industries. But the northern side isn't that spacious either.
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

The station looks excellent. But it's too big for so less trains...

Return to “Screenshots”