[OTTD] JamesP's UK Screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
JamesP
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [OTTD] JamesP's UK Screenshots

Post by JamesP »

and some more...
Attachments
Robin Region Transport, 24th May 3090#6.png
(900.53 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Robin Region Transport, 3rd Jun 3090.png
(710.47 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Robin Region Transport, 3rd Jun 3090#1.png
(944.31 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

I have one Word, Insane! Absolutely Brilliant Mate! Well Done
JamesP
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JamesP »

I note with amusement my carefully considered decision back in 2012 to end development of 'The Robin Region'.

Yeah, well, that never happened. I started a number of new maps, but could never build up the same enthusiasm. The problem solving and decision making involved in trying to make The Robin Region's complex and congested network work - and expand - has proved addictive.

So, 4 years later - and 1,300 game years later - I'm still at it.

The region now boasts:

2,100 trains (95% of them timetabled)
1,819 stations
293,000 rail pieces

High time for some more screenshots, I think. Let me know if you enjoy them, and I'll keep posting.

I'll start with the map. Every town in the region now has a rail service, and the network is starting to look pretty dense... That doesn't mean development has stopped though. As the cities grow, they cry out for new suburban rail services to relieve their congested roads, and there are even a couple of new main lines too.

Remember, in the Robin Region the era is always 1970s-1980s, and the emphasis is on realistic appearance and operation (UK practice) - not making money (although that appears to arrive regardless).
Robin Region Transport, 25th Mar 4359.png
(112.27 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by JamesP on 29 May 2016 16:24, edited 1 time in total.
JamesP
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JamesP »

The first picture is an overview of the Little Chardingbury Conurbation. "Little" is a misnomer. It is now the biggest city on the map, even having overtaken the capital, Sonninghall.

The second picture is a closer up view of the main station and its network of lines. First generation DMUs growl out of suburban stations, holding up class 25-hauled inter-regional services, and Class 45-hauled expresses.
Attachments
Robin Region Transport, 25th Mar 4359#1.png
(535.18 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Robin Region Transport, 25th Mar 4359#2.png
(630.86 KiB) Not downloaded yet
JamesP
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JamesP »

Three views of Plennington - an overview, followed by some more detailed shots.

Plennington Central has been a network hub since the early days, and it has probably the most complex approaches of any station on the network. The layout has been revised numerous times in the battle to keep trains on each of the approaching routes on the move. Here Deltic and Class 47-hauled trains stand in the sizeable carriage sidings between duties, and a Class 86-hauled express arrives from Sonninghall. On the viaduct above the city, a Class 150 brakes for its booked call at Moores Road.
Attachments
Robin Region Transport, 25th Mar 4359#3.png
(495.56 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Robin Region Transport, 25th Mar 4359#4.png
(589.58 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Robin Region Transport, 25th Mar 4359#5.png
(525.04 KiB) Not downloaded yet
JamesP
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JamesP »

This is the area around Graningpool and Nantbourne.

The local authority have invested in a light rail metro system, evident in its various liveries, sharing lines with a collection of DMUs and EMUs, as well as the occasional heavy coal train. Just visible under the overbridge in Nantbourne station is a Class 180 on a longer-distance service, stretching the chosen era a touch beyond its limits - but too beautiful a recreation to leave out (how its maker managed to capture the Firstgroup curved stripes so perfectly at this scale I have no idea).
Attachments
Robin Region Transport, 27th Mar 4359.png
(528.34 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Robin Region Transport, 27th Mar 4359#1.png
(523.34 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Robin Region Transport, 27th Mar 4359#2.png
(572.26 KiB) Not downloaded yet
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Very good screenshots. Well done :D .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017

Return to “Screenshots”