[OTTD] Screens by Valdez

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: [OTTD] Valdez's Screenshots

Post by Valdez »

Another big shot, Falkenhaven area this time..
Attachments
BEG 038.png
(5.95 MiB) Downloaded 10 times
My visits on the forums are sporadic only, so PMs may go unanswered for a long time. If you wish to report a bug etc., the best option is via DM or ping on r/Openttd Discord
Nawdic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Nawdic »

What's that track and bridge combination you have there by Brunsmund?
Very much a retired regular poster..... If you can say that :mrgreen:
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

Umm.. NuTracks and Total Bridge Renewal set (the modified version for TTRS3 - should be somewhere on these forums), I guess...

OK.. since I already finished the last game, here's a last screenshot, GRFList and the savegame...
OpenTTD version is r24114
Attachments
BEG 039.png
BEG 039.png (94.53 KiB) Viewed 4312 times
BEG GRFList.png
BEG GRFList.png (5.84 KiB) Viewed 4312 times
BEG, 2012-06-24.sav
(1.28 MiB) Downloaded 117 times
My visits on the forums are sporadic only, so PMs may go unanswered for a long time. If you wish to report a bug etc., the best option is via DM or ping on r/Openttd Discord
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

Long time no see...

1) Couple of Norris 4-2-0s with coal wagons near Tipton, 1837

2) Same area, rougly 2 years later. Tipton coal mine output exceeded the carrying capacity of the ~6 trains I had there, and adding more wasn't a real option. I merged the trains this way instead.

3) Winchester area passenger operations.
Attachments
Tipton & Winchester RR 001.png
Tipton & Winchester RR 001.png (147.21 KiB) Viewed 4083 times
Tipton & Winchester RR 002.png
Tipton & Winchester RR 002.png (145.31 KiB) Viewed 4083 times
Tipton & Winchester RR 003.png
Tipton & Winchester RR 003.png (106.21 KiB) Viewed 4083 times
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

OK, the last NARS game didn't turn out very well (read: I lost the saves and screens), so here's a new one. Again NARS2 with some other North American themed graphics, sub-arctic starting in 1830.

#1: The beginnings are humble - just a short coal line near Waynesboro with a handful of vertical-boiler locos.

#2: The same line, a bit later (ca. 1840s), a bit to the northeast. The old Grasshoppers couldn't handle the increased coal loads, so they were replaced with a doubled 4-2-0 Norris engines. Also visible is Waynesboro-Eagle passenger train.

#3: By the 1850s, passenger trains are omnipresent on what used to be a purely freight hauling network. Here's one of Waynesboro-Sparta trains.

By the end of the decade the company board decided to reevaluate the company goals. With this came a name change - from the original "Waynesboro Coal Co." to a rather more glorious sounding "Johnson, Newport & West Coast Railroad", describing the new transcontinental ambitions.
Attachments
JN&WCR 001.png
JN&WCR 001.png (150.42 KiB) Viewed 3816 times
JN&WCR 002.png
JN&WCR 002.png (124.73 KiB) Viewed 3816 times
JN&WCR 003.png
JN&WCR 003.png (85.73 KiB) Viewed 3816 times
Last edited by Valdez on 10 Mar 2013 22:17, edited 1 time in total.
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Valdez wrote:OK, the last NARS game didn't turn out very well (read: I lost the saves and screens), so here's a new one. Again NARS2 with some other North American themed graphics, sub-arctic starting in 1830.

#1: The beginnings are humble - just a short coal line near Waynesboro with a handful of vertical-boiler locos.

#2: The same line, a bit later (ca. 1840s), a bit to the northeast. The old Coppernobs couldn't handle the increased coal loads, so they were replaced with a doubled 4-2-0 Norris engines. Also visible is Waynesboro-Eagle passenger train.

#3: By the 1850s, passenger trains are omnipresent on what used to be a purely freight hauling network. Here's one of Waynesboro-Sparta trains.

By the end of the decade the company board decided to reevaluate the company goals. With this came a name change - from the original "Waynesboro Coal Co." to a rather more glorious sounding "Johnson, Newport & West Coast Railroad", describing the new transcontinental ambitions.
Beautiful screenshots :D . I liked them.
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

Another batch here, sometime in the early 1880s. The company has already gone transcontinental in 1869, and now the network sprawls along both coasts. As for the place names - a network map will follow soon.

#1: Mountain line near New Berlin (part of the station can be seen in upper right corner). The planned track will connect nearby forest to a marshalling yard in a nearby valley.

#2: A small station near the southern end of the East Coast mainline. So far its a quiet place, but thats about to change - this freight train is just the first of many.

#3: Part of a Waynesboro-Georgetown mainline, with moderate traffic. The mine station is connected to the original line, now used solely for coal trains and separated from the rest of the network.
Attachments
JN&WCR 004.png
JN&WCR 004.png (126 KiB) Viewed 3731 times
JN&WCR 005.png
JN&WCR 005.png (93.4 KiB) Viewed 3731 times
JN&WCR 006.png
JN&WCR 006.png (130.99 KiB) Viewed 3731 times
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Those last two are incredibly nice :)
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

#1, #2 - Here are the promised maps, ca. late 1880s.

#3 - A bunch of ships carrying oil from the various oil fields around Bridgeport to Johnson, where the oil is loaded on a train to the final destination - a refinery near Rutland. Maybe unnecessarily complicated, but definitely handy with the rather low capacity of Johnson-Hubbard line (which, by 1885, was still largely single-track affair).
Attachments
JN&WCR 007.png
(85.45 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
JN&WCR 008.png
(88.66 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
JN&WCR 009.png
JN&WCR 009.png (46.75 KiB) Viewed 3642 times
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

Some more..

#1 - Various wood carrying trains serving the New Berlin Valley yard, ca. 1889. The Moguls on the short feeder trains didn't last long - the Shay are much better suited to the steep hills and heavier loads, so I transferred the Moguls to the mainline freight trains (one can be seen here, returning from the Waynesboro paper mill)

#2 - First experiments with electrified rail on the Tipton suburban line, with a bunch of 1st generation interurbans

#3 - This one's from the western coast, near the junction of Grandview-Saratoga and Farmington-Saratoga lines. The Saratoga Terminus freight bypass diverges from the mainline here.
Attachments
JN&WCR 010.png
JN&WCR 010.png (148.13 KiB) Viewed 3551 times
JN&WCR 011.png
JN&WCR 011.png (108.23 KiB) Viewed 3551 times
JN&WCR 012.png
JN&WCR 012.png (121.11 KiB) Viewed 3551 times
FlameSing
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by FlameSing »

Very good! :) I like those long trains :wink:
Sorry for my awful English.

My modest screenies.
wojteks86
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by wojteks86 »

Very good loking screenshots ;)
Regards,
Wojtek
Katve
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Katve »

Nice screenshots! Seems that I am not only one who love NARS steam locomotives with long trains.
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Good day! Beautiful screenshots. Well you build a railway junctions :) .
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

Thanks for the kind words :)

#1 - Mainline section west of Newport sometime in the late 1890s during a rare quiet moment - at other times, there's a lot of heavy freight trains serving nearby coal mine and a refinery. As you can see, an expansion is already planned.

#2 - Some traffic somewhere in the western part of the network..

#3 - Western portion of Burke Canal, passing right under the Waynesboro-Burke line
Attachments
JN&WCR 013.png
JN&WCR 013.png (69.73 KiB) Viewed 3328 times
JN&WCR 014.png
JN&WCR 014.png (68.11 KiB) Viewed 3328 times
JN&WCR 015.png
JN&WCR 015.png (93.48 KiB) Viewed 3328 times
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

#1 - the only place of note on the Saratoga-Grandview line, sometime around the turn of the century..

#2 - Somewhere on the Mt.Carmel-Florence line. The pax traffic is minimal, but the freight trains more than make up of it..

#3 - Granger is one of the more awkwardly placed towns on the map, the fact that it lies right on Scranton-Pleasant Valley line doesn't exactly help. Quite a lot of ground work (at least by my standards) was needed here.
Attachments
JN&WCR 016.png
JN&WCR 016.png (90.88 KiB) Viewed 3194 times
JN&WCR 017.png
JN&WCR 017.png (72.21 KiB) Viewed 3194 times
JN&WCR 018.png
JN&WCR 018.png (153.4 KiB) Viewed 3194 times
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

#1 - A junction near Richland, west of the New Berlin rail yard, with fairly heavy traffic between the yard and a paper mill near Jackson. Again, minimal passenger traffic here, as Richland is just a small place in the middle of nowhere.

#2 - Waynesboro-Burke mainline over the Burke canal again. The oil trains got a lot more frequent, as the Burke oilfield proved to be a lot more productive than previously expected. Passenger traffic is heavy too.. The only thing that is missing are the colliers - a new power station opened, much closer to Burke and (more importantly) right on the lake shore. Most of the coal is now transported with barges over the lake, making the canal redundant.

#3 - Outskirts of Patterson, just southwest of Newport
Attachments
JN&WCR 019.png
JN&WCR 019.png (91.33 KiB) Viewed 3191 times
JN&WCR 020.png
JN&WCR 020.png (95.82 KiB) Viewed 3191 times
JN&WCR 021.png
JN&WCR 021.png (96.57 KiB) Viewed 3191 times
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

#1 - Newport-Mt.Carmel mainline with the usual traffic - freighters serving the local farms and a long-distance express (likely the same ten-wheeler as the one passing over the bridge in the previous screen)

#2 - The western end of Hubbard line, most of the traffic serves nearby food plant. A pair of express trains running between Johnson and Morrisville can be seen too..

#3 - Another part of this line, this time just north of Johnson
Attachments
JN&WCR 022.png
JN&WCR 022.png (101.07 KiB) Viewed 3187 times
JN&WCR 023.png
JN&WCR 023.png (89.53 KiB) Viewed 3187 times
JN&WCR 024.png
JN&WCR 024.png (44.72 KiB) Viewed 3187 times
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Valdez wrote:#1 - Newport-Mt.Carmel mainline with the usual traffic - freighters serving the local farms and a long-distance express (likely the same ten-wheeler as the one passing over the bridge in the previous screen)

#2 - The western end of Hubbard line, most of the traffic serves nearby food plant. A pair of express trains running between Johnson and Morrisville can be seen too..

#3 - Another part of this line, this time just north of Johnson
Hi! All screenshots are very cool! Excellent building :) . It is interesting to see new screenshots :) .
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

1) Heavy coal train between Scranton and Pleasant Valley, ca. 1915. The train carries about 550t of coal, which makes about 3200t trani with the freight multiplier, caboose and all the engines.

2) The same train on the return trip

3) Florence-Mt.Carmel line at Exeter station
Attachments
JN&WCR 025.png
JN&WCR 025.png (81.88 KiB) Viewed 3005 times
JN&WCR 026.png
JN&WCR 026.png (116.83 KiB) Viewed 3005 times
JN&WCR 027.png
JN&WCR 027.png (120.33 KiB) Viewed 3005 times

Return to “Screenshots”