(fake) Airports of OTTD

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
DerekCZ
Engineer
Engineer

(fake) Airports of OTTD

Post by DerekCZ »

Heyo.
So, I'm back, and with me I drag back my 'screenshots' of OTTD airports.
Of course, there (so far) isn't a way to build custom airports in OTTD, which is shame IMHO, as you'll see from the amazing concept images.
The airports are built in OTTD using the OpenGFX + Airport objects NewGRF, plus occasionally some other eyecandy NewGRFs, and the planes are later added using GIMP and sprites from the World Airliners Set.
Also, I will no longer make replicas of real airports, as it was a pain to get it looking right in a game like OTTD.

Now, if you're interested, here's the story of my previous gallery:
[+] Spoiler
CHAPTER 1:
If you remember the SPolygon's modest gallery, later known as Derek's modest gallery after my name change, you'll most likely recall that there were some OTTD style replicas of real world airports, such as Prague, Dubai, or the Boeing Field.
I had the images hosted on a site called 'jpeg.cz', which used to be (and still is, I'll get to that later) the only image hosting site I used.
However, during the last year or so, the site experienced some legal issues when people were using it to spread copyrighted art and NSFW content.
It later came out that the owner of the site did not properly set up the EULA or something like that, so basically he became responsible for what was shared on the site.
That forced him to close the site, sell the domain, and delete all content that was hosted there, including my gallery...

CHAPTER 2:
However, the domain was quickly bought by a different company/people/person, who made it into an image sharing site once again, this time much faster, much more reliable, and also fail-proof as they corrected the previous owner's mistakes.
I was fast to register, so I claimed the beautiful, simple username 'derek' and am now using it once again.
So far, I had no issues with it, but just in case I am now saving all images I upload there to a flash drive I bought just for that reason.

CONCLUSION:
Don't take image hosting sites for granted. An image uploaded to any site will not stay there forever.
The site can seize to exist, like jpeg.cz, or the site may turn out to be a corporate d--- like Photobucket, who after having millions of images hosted there made third party hosting a part of their paid membership.
I truly hope to see modular airports added to the game, as the potential is there, as Juanjo presented with his WIP patch.

kthxbye
DerekCZ
Engineer
Engineer

Riverside Airport

Post by DerekCZ »

My first attempt after the long break. I think it looks nice, totally could use some more decorations though...

kamnet

Re: (fake) Airports of OTTD

Post by kamnet »

You can always upload your images here. I don't think TT-Forums is going anywhere anytime soon ;)
DerekCZ
Engineer
Engineer

Re: (fake) Airports of OTTD

Post by DerekCZ »

kamnet wrote:You can always upload your images here. I don't think TT-Forums is going anywhere anytime soon ;)
That... Is actually a very good idea and I don't know why haven't I done that before...

Return to “Screenshots”