Thank you guys !
This may be a slightly nooby question, how how do you get the stations so far into the city? Did it just grow round it, or did you bulldoze your way in? I've never had a city grow that far out before...
the simple answer is i try to not demolish much buildings to build stations and then towns and cities they mostly grew around my stations, thanks to some bridges or roadcrossing i built at the same time as the stations (i don t allow town to fund roadcrossing, but i let them fund roads)
The more complicated answer would mention :
- the big cities i have are almost all "cities" and not "towns"(exception made for the towns that i consider "important"(exemple : Limoges, Poitiers,Clermont Ferrand, etc) where i deliver food and goods)
- i use chillpatchpack and the towngrowth patch (active for towns to stop their growth around 1500pop), and semi-active for cities (i played really long with towngrowth patch "off" for the "cities" to let them grow without having to bring foods and goods)
- I made more stations in the cities i wanted to grow faster (paris had very quickly 5 stations to accelerate growth)
- i make better streets once town have made a lot of random roads, to make sure center of town is less far than what it would be with the "natural" roads.
- and the last but not least: this game have been running for a very long time... started in 1960, then in 2050 i went back to 2010 (i think)... and all this with a daylenght settings of 20 till around 2040 or2050 (can t remember)... Now the last 100"ish" years have been played with day lenght at 5....
- I believe it could matter too : I use Swedish Houses and Totaltown replacement in my newgrf list.