OTTD Romazoon's screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: OTTD Romazoon's screenshots

Post by romazoon »

Thanks guys, i m glad you appreciate the shots :) Here is one more, a big teaser of the size of the network, and the asked savegame.

Savegame will require JGR patchpack 0.13.3 AND the newgrfs (most of them taken on bananas, and a couple from Michael Blunck webpage and Simuscape forum), you should also require RCG v5 growth script.

edit : it s a multiplayer game, blue company is run by me (most of France), Red company by Tin (Italy,Spain, South west of France, Green company by Giles(southern england and switzerland and bit of germany), Yellow company by Oliy (some lines in Belgium and Germany)
Attachments
The French Company, 21 Mai 2109.png
Le Havre Harbor, producing food on one side and refined & gas on the other side. It also has a small passenger harbor for ferries, and a railway passenger terminus.
(2.19 MiB) Not downloaded yet
The French Company, 24 Jan 2109.png
the (relatively insane) network map (map is 2048x2048)
(66.63 KiB) Not downloaded yet
The French Company, 25 Aoû 2108.sav
savegame
(9.98 MiB) Downloaded 394 times
S-Transport
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by S-Transport »

Nice!
Greetings, S-Transport
My pictures
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Looking good as usual Roma, and still so much of the map left untouched!
Dave

Post by Dave »

Leif sent me here. I was not disappointed.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

Dave wrote:Leif sent me here. I was not disappointed.
good i would hate waisting anyone time :)
Pilot wrote:Looking good as usual Roma, and still so much of the map left untouched!
Hey Pilot, well sure lot will be left untouched...2048x2048 is so huge already.
S-Transport wrote:Nice!
Thanks

and 79 downloads to my savegame so far ?!?! no question or comments about it ?? i d love to hear your thoughts (the downloaders) about it though !

And here are three more screenshots ( given how many download my savegame as counted i though some people might want to see more without the hassle to download the said savegame and JGR patchpack and all other dependencies )
Attachments
The French Company, 3 Mar 2163.png
Lyon's region, it has a 3 platform station dedicated to TGV, and two other passengers stations, it also has a industrial station in service (no waiting yard on that one though, i m not using any full load orders at that one)
(9.73 MiB) Not downloaded yet
The French Company, 3 Mar 2163#1.png
Strasbourg's region, with a steel mill in the south owned by Giles, a small iron and coal mines in the north (with a small waiting yard).
(9.63 MiB) Not downloaded yet
The French Company, 9 Mar 2163.png
Genève's area, switzerland, an area served by giles, but also receiving french trains (from Lyon Grenoble, and smaller towns) and italians trains (coming from turino mainly)
(10.55 MiB) Not downloaded yet
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

romazoon wrote:
Thanks

and 79 downloads to my savegame so far ?!?! no question or comments about it ?? i d love to hear your thoughts (the downloaders) about it though !

And here are three more screenshots ( given how many download my savegame as counted i though some people might want to see more without the hassle to download the said savegame and JGR patchpack and all other dependencies )
Great screenshots as always :)) . I downloaded your save game. I really liked how everything is built. Several different transport companies with its infrastructure, style of construction. A fantastically beautiful :)) . I really could watch this save game only in the pause mode. If I turn off the pause mode, the game starts to brake terribly, making it impossible to view the movement of various transport.

What version of JGR patchpack did you use - 32 or 64 bit? This also greatly affects the speed of the game without pause?
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

Thank you STD :)

Yeah the savegame might be a bit demanding on computer ressources, but i don t have what i would call a powerfull computer : it runs a bit slow when changing zoom view, but overall pretty smooth going, though a bit slower than original speed it seems ( a pentium i5-2450M 2.5ghz)

And when you say everything break, do you mean trains are getting lost or the game get "frozen" ?
if trains get lost or jammed, maybe it is due to some different pathfinders settings ? ( i have no idea if my custom settings are shipped with the savegame)
and if game get frozen (probably recalculating some cargodist links, you might want to turn down the settings by lower accuracy a lot, and giving more days to recalculates and to upgrade graphs).
EDIT: one more thing, you might also reduce the details and turn off animation, this helps a lot often

And to answer your question, i used the 64bit version but i have no clue if it would have an impact on the performance. Also i was playing with JGR 13.3, no idea if the recent release of jGR 14 might impact something, i haven t yet updated on my side.
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

romazoon wrote:Thank you STD :)

Yeah the savegame might be a bit demanding on computer ressources, but i don t have what i would call a powerfull computer : it runs a bit slow when changing zoom view, but overall pretty smooth going, though a bit slower than original speed it seems ( a pentium i5-2450M 2.5ghz)

And when you say everything break, do you mean trains are getting lost or the game get "frozen" ?
if trains get lost or jammed, maybe it is due to some different pathfinders settings ? ( i have no idea if my custom settings are shipped with the savegame)
and if game get frozen (probably recalculating some cargodist links, you might want to turn down the settings by lower accuracy a lot, and giving more days to recalculates and to upgrade graphs).

And to answer your question, i used the 64bit version but i have no clue if it would have an impact on the performance. Also i was playing with JGR 13.3, no idea if the recent release of jGR 14 might impact something, i haven t yet updated on my side.
Thank you very much for answering my questions. I will try to use the 64 bit version to access your save game. Expect you new screenshots from the current game :)) .

Your transport does not lose the route, it's all right in your current save game :) . With the settings I have no problems, they are saved in the saves games.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
S-Transport
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by S-Transport »

Very nice pictures!
Greetings, S-Transport
My pictures
Mizari
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Mizari »

It crashes if I try to unpause. I had already looked over it however, and I do like it. I like more realistic set-ups like that, and mixing goods and passenger trains.
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

Mizari wrote:It crashes if I try to unpause.

are you missing some newgrf ? or have you loaded the savegame with some "compatible" newgrf in case you did not had the exact same version ? If yes, that s probably the reason for the crash
I still play that savegame, and save and load it without anyproblem, the only time i had a crash is when i tried to update some of the newgrf (road hog i think).

Here are some new screenies from that game :
Attachments
The French Company, 20 Déc 2202.png
Toulouse was first linked by Tin (red), but the french company rapidly served it with passengers and freights trains, forcing freight terminal to be built, and a dedicated TGV line from Toulouse to Montpelier.
(1.93 MiB) Not downloaded yet
The French Company, 12 Déc 2202#1.png
company's property map
(95.9 KiB) Not downloaded yet
The French Company, 12 Déc 2202.png
Le Mans, a busy place with TGV dedicacted line joining/exiting the main line
(2.43 MiB) Not downloaded yet
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

I'm waiting for new screenshots from your game. Very interesting to watch the development of all transportation network :)) Great job.
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

thanks STD, here are three more ;)
Attachments
The French Company, 11 Aoû 2217#2.png
Toulon's Coast, between Marseille and Cannes/Nice, a part still preserved from heavy rail traffic, thanks to the mainline being more inlands
(7.38 MiB) Not downloaded yet
The French Company, 11 Aoû 2217#1.png
Turino, one busy place on tin's railways
(2.38 MiB) Not downloaded yet
The French Company, 11 Aoû 2217.png
Milano, a large terminus for tin's train.
(2.45 MiB) Not downloaded yet
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

Beautiful as always. I particularly loved the Hyères waterfront, and I'll expect there will be some development here? :)
Mizari
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Mizari »

romazoon wrote:
Mizari wrote:It crashes if I try to unpause.

are you missing some newgrf ? or have you loaded the savegame with some "compatible" newgrf in case you did not had the exact same version ? If yes, that s probably the reason for the crash
I still play that savegame, and save and load it without anyproblem, the only time i had a crash is when i tried to update some of the newgrf (road hog i think).
Oh. I was missing some stuff called infra which I assumed were cosmetic only, but it seems that next to those was marico. Fixing that stopped the crashes.
Monty_Montana
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Monty_Montana »

You really know how to squeeze all the juice from the decoration GRF's!
le_harv
Engineer
Engineer

Post by le_harv »

romazoon wrote:and 79 downloads to my savegame so far ?!?! no question or comments about it ?? i d love to hear your thoughts (the downloaders) about it though !
I think it's up to 170 at the time of writing! Your game is so good I am woefully unproductive in my own games because all I seem to do is just sit back and watch the world go by in yours! I'm in awe at how well built everything is. I know it's a multiplayer game but how long does it take for you to build all of this up in real life hours?

If this game is still going I'd love to see the progress with a recent save.
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

le_harv wrote: I'd love to see the progress with a recent save.
your wish is fullfilled :)

small note though, it s not anymore a multiplayer game, the multiplayer session ended at the time i posted the last save, so now all progress added you will see are made by me, using mostly the "french" company, but also using the others companies when i find it more convenient. I think i mainly added industrial traffic and stations, by train and by road a little by ship, made some improvements in many places (rail junction, better looking stations, or simple upgrade of stations, etc), i added probably a couple airport too, and i think a couple newgrf too (also changed a few parameters from newgrfs)

I added some AIs too, so you ll need to download them from ingame content, if you don t have them already (this i supose is not imperativ as if AI crash it will just stop building)
-> i added AI because i wanted some help on serving more industries, they are limited to RV so they do short haul service, wich i totally letted aside. (i added Road Runner, AIAI, and Simple AI for this purpose)
There is also some Civil AI, wich build roads connection (and serve a few towns as they do need money).

le_harv wrote:how long does it take for you to build all of this up in real life hours?
it s impossible to calculate, game was sometime running with no one there, sometime with 4 players, we cheated the dates at least once and i can t remember of how many years. So too many variable to give a correct estimation of the time needed to build all this...but it was many hours of fun that s for sure (and i m still having fun with it).
But i supose i made run my server for something like a month at least, and during the summer vacation period wich might have helped a few of the players to spend more time than they would usually.

So i hope you guys will enjoy the update :)

Edit : that savegame was made with JGRpatchpack 15.1 (so you require it to run that savegame)
Attachments
The French Company, 27 Jul 2258.sav
(11.59 MiB) Downloaded 151 times
The French Company, 26 Jul 2262.png
Edit : here is a view of the infrastructure map, helpfull to see what has changed since last savegame (it probably show a couple line, local or industrial, that were not existing at the time i posted the last save)
(112.93 KiB) Not downloaded yet
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Cool General map of the transport network. Looks great. I will check your save game. I am very interested to see the whole transport network in the game. If you want, post here the screenshots of the current game :) .
peetleouf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by peetleouf »

Beautiful screens, Bravo !

Just one little question, can you tell me where can i find this maps, i would love to play with ! Thanks !

Return to “Screenshots”