OTTD Romazoon's screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

OTTD Romazoon's screenshots

Post by romazoon »

Hi

I want to share some screenshot of my game...

map is Central Lake on Sea and i used Chillpatchpack
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: OTTD Romazoon's screenshots

Post by Emperor Jake »

Nice screenshots! I love your neat network and town design :D Also, nice use of the 2cc-set (you made me notice a bug where the 420 has no pantos)

Although, it might be a good idea to include some smaller shots as well - those are HUGE :shock:

- Jake
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Nice 2cc color scheme. Make the trains look quite fine :)
Good work on the network too, looks nice :)
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

Waow compliment from Purno and Emperor Jake !! I m proud of myself !

So here is some more screenies :D

About the 2cc set, i should have a lot mor of different trains... but i messed up the grf list at some point(i think the scenario is broken) and so even if i use the last nightly of 2cc trainset, it s missing many of the EMU... the others seems to be there thought.

Sorry for the big screenies, but i wanted to make fit most of the surrounding of the cities too (to see how line get separated, the traffic coming, etc)
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

and some more.
Muzzly
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Muzzly »

very nice :-)
good work !!!!
vanadio
Engineer
Engineer

Post by vanadio »

What set of houses are you using?
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

Thanks Muzzly,

And Vanadio, I use the Swedish house set
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

a small update to my network !

I recently linked Bordas, a big city on the north side of the map. allready two ICE line and 3 local lines servicing it, without forgeting the city Bus network.
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

Here is a new game, It s a hand made scenario with ECS, Swedish houses, 2CC train set, and much more...

A big Food Factory, producing way too much food in summer (with the fruits), and way not enough in winter. I deliver the full production of cereal from two farm pushed at max but that s not enough in winter to feed the 18 town depending on it !
All Transport & More, 02_09_1968.png
My Main City and Hub for passenger, tourist and mail. 77trains are stoping at this station, and depending on traffic on the network their is more or less freight train going through too. it s also becoming(work in progress) a goods intermodal hub (goods delivered by trains, then distributed to various cities around by trucks).
All Transport & More, 02_09_1968#1.png
That s the main line going from Kali up into a quite large valley going up in the mountains. you can spot a couple branche lines going to lot more narrower and steeper valleys. also here is the Brewery station, and a siding unused cause lack of traffic at the moment. Also the City station is visible on the right.
All Transport & More, 02_09_1968#2.png
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

Here are the link map.
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

I really don't like that dark gray track, I had to check it wasn't maglev!
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

I totally agree with you, they look like maglev if you don t make a zoom on the image.... next time i ll make my medium speed rail till210kmh so my shinkansen can still go full speed with no use of the high speed rail.
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

and here is some more.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Nice shots, nice trains too :mrgreen:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

Purno wrote:Nice shots, nice trains too :mrgreen:
Thanks! and about the trains, all credits must go to 2cc trainset... :mrgreen:

Here is some more, since nobody complained about my shots : :mrgreen:

On this one you can see a line climbing ten tiles in a very smooth way, it s at the moment only used by 4 "Odakiu 3000 romance", but it might transport some freight too in the future.
All Transport & More, 01_10_1969#1.png
On this one, you can see the Steel mill, it have a dedicated line for iron arriving there, the coal is arriving from not very far, but don t have a dedicated line, it s using the same way as some express service and other freight trains.

At the botom of the shot you can spot a DDA40X coming back from a coal delivery made at the glasswork. On opposite track there is a Steel train hauled by an SBB Ae6/6 driving at the car factory, and maybe at the factory if steel is not accepted at the moment in the car factory.
All Transport & More, 03_10_1969.png
On this one, you can see a Hub station for freight near the coast, i actually deliver only food, wich are then carried to the center of the town, and to some other towns around by trucks and to two island by boat. It s connected to a a quite busy part of the network (one more station after the one you can guess on the left is my main hub, hence the busy and large railway.)
At the bottom of the screenie, you can see a train yard, i use it to make wait my loading trains, and always let a freeway for some unloading trains, right after is located the refinery... maybe a screenie for the next post !
All Transport & More, 04_10_1969.png
Enjoy !
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

These are really great screenshots! The green/ellow colour combination works really well.

I have a few small questions though:
- The French CC40100 is an express passenger locomotive, don't you find it doesn't have enough tractive effort for those long freight trains? (only applies if you use realistic acceleration)
- HOW did you do the bridge in the last screenshot?!? :shock: There is a bridge crossing over what appear to be DWE station tiles...
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Bridges can be built over objects if clearance is high enough ... the objects can be coded to say how high the bridge above should be before allowed IIRC.

Nice screenies romazoon.
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

Emperor Jake wrote:These are really great screenshots! The green/ellow colour combination works really well.

I have a few small questions though:
- The French CC40100 is an express passenger locomotive, don't you find it doesn't have enough tractive effort for those long freight trains? (only applies if you use realistic acceleration)
- HOW did you do the bridge in the last screenshot?!? :shock: There is a bridge crossing over what appear to be DWE station tiles...
My Ego thanks you !

About your question:
You are totally right about the French CC40100, i actually use realistic acceleration, and they are far from reaching top speed and are a bit slow in acceleration...even if i tend to reserve them for the lighter cargos like glass/wool/livestock and/or for the very nice increase in station rating (they will be replaced as soon as something electic with enough power and speed come out thought). Also i use to have almost only SBB Ae6/6 for my freight trains i wanted some diversity so i i replaced them with the French loco that s also a reason...

The bridge you see is not going over DWE station tiles, but over VAST object tiles 8) , I love the effect of it even if colors are not matching!, the other tiles are ISR btw. One more thing maybe you spotted the right angle docks... it s also possible thanks to VAST object.

and btw Emperor Jake, If you are in for a online game somedays with chillpatchpack (you were running a server not so long ago, if i recall me well??), I d love to participate from the scratch, in a shared company...or not :mrgreen:
I made some maps that could be interesting, i could create one for the occasion too...

Voila

and an extra screenie for you my fans ! :wink:
All Transport & More, 10_10_1944.png
I found it in the Archive of the company... was a big and bad mess! tell ya' all
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Wow, these are impressive! I love the way you design your industrial areas, especially the loading bays for trucks. I'm jealous that I didn't think of that myself, and using this design it really makes George's LVs stand out.

This reminds me, I really need to get my head back in and finish the ISR Roads set. :D

Return to “Screenshots”