[OTTD]Level Crossing's Screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD]Level Crossing's Screenshots

Post by Level Crossing »

Do you mean the Cuningley picture? I don't see any buffers there.
Like my avatar? See my screenshot thread
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

He means the top of the page (Trenton station) and the buffers are from the Canadian Stations set I believe. :)
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

Emperor Jake wrote:He means the top of the page (Trenton station) and the buffers are from the Canadian Stations set I believe. :)
Correct.
alluke
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by alluke »

The buffer just looks like it has OpenGFX terrain, the Canadian has original graphics. ?(
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

IIRC I edited that screenshot a bit to make it look better (e.g. replaced the original terrain with OGFX terrain in Paint). Sorry I forgot about that.

And I'll take your comment to mean I did a good job editing. Thank you! :)
alluke
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by alluke »

You're welcome. :mrgreen:
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

How did I ever let this thread get so neglected? Anyway...

BayTrans was suffering from deferred maintenance, because it was not given enough money for capital projects. This continued for quite a while. Eventually, the situation got so bad that a platform at Chonston (a major commuter station) completely collapsed 8o . While there were no major injuries, a safety commission was quickly established.

BayTrans made its case to the legislature, which finally gave it sufficient money to repair its infrastructure. First, of course, was Chonston, which was demolished completely and will soon be rebuilt. Train service through the station had to be suspended, and buses were leased from other places to provide replacement service.

Here you can see the rail replacement buses, serving both branches that had been suspended.

Here buses are heading toward the last stop on the line, Rondingworth. Not all buses travel the full route.

These buses are heading to Bethill City or Bayton Junction. Because of the way roads are placed, these buses do not stop at Chonston. This leads to some overcrowding between Bayton Junction and Chonston.

Here you can see the out-of-service trains laid up out of the way of other trains and construction crews.

The station is being rebuilt.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Looks Good, LC. And welcome back to posting Screenshots. I really need to update mine :lol: .
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

A321Pilot wrote: I really need to update mine :lol: .
I think we all do!
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

SwissFan91 wrote:
A321Pilot wrote: I really need to update mine :lol: .
I think we all do!
Yeah, your probably right. :lol: Especially yourself, I love your shots.
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

A lot has happened since the last time I posted screenshots. A freight network was started, with substantial traffic. The under-construction line was restored, to the delight of residents who had tired of replacement buses.

However, images of all this were lost when the archive was accidentally erased. I still have the savegame, for those who want it.

Anyway...

A new 2048^2 map has been started and is the host of our company.

The first route, because of a grant from the towns involved, was a high speed service. It was planned to be extended all the way up to the Benningville Peninsula. However, as a cost-cutting measure, and because of issues with laying high-speed track there, the high-speed line was ended at Feningbury and a commuter-type line constructed toward the Peninsula.

First is Flondingville, where the trains originate. Here you see a train rushing toward the terminal.

A few different architects were hired for the line, so every few stations, the design of the stations changes. Here you can see Sardworth, one of the Japanese-style stations.

Here you can see two trains passing at full speed at one of the most scenic places on the line, along the Gulf of Boots (so named because it is shaped almost like a boot).

Two trains meet at Daninghall.

Trains pass at Lardingstone. This station design has been criticized because it offers worse protection during rain than other designs.

Feningbury, the terminus of the high-speed line and the commuter lines.

A sample of commuter stations.

And finally, a birds-eye view of the network.
1 Map.PNG
1 Map.PNG (31.76 KiB) Viewed 523 times
Please comment.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Once again, very nice LC, though I don't think that Bay is shaped like a Boot :mrgreen: Can you send your old save please? I would like to have a good look round and such. :mrgreen:
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

A321Pilot wrote:Once again, very nice LC, though I don't think that Bay is shaped like a Boot :mrgreen: Can you send your old save please? I would like to have a good look round and such. :mrgreen:
Not even a little bit? :tongue:

Anyway, here's the save. Made with Chill's pack 14.4. If you want, post some shots here of what you found most interesting.
BayTrans, 2371-09-23.sav
Chill's Pack v14.4
(823.09 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
Last edited by Level Crossing on 09 Jun 2012 17:34, edited 1 time in total.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Dammit, it doesn't work on my Game! Ahhhhhh!!!
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

You have 1.2.0?
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Yeah, just I don't have the Patchpack. I can never get it to work.
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

In that case, here's a few screenshots of the completed freight network.

Please comment. Excuse the cropping fail in the second picture.
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

Haha, some of those motorists from Funingpool Falls are going to be waiting a looong time to extract their cars from their parking spots. :P
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

It's time to bring back this thread, with a new game!

I have some screenshots from the beginning of the current network, tell me if you want me to post them and see what the company looked like a long time ago.

Anyway...

A businessman from Pedingtown goes on a business trip, visiting a few towns across most of the network. Today we will be following him (just like spies :P ) from Pedingtown to Heborough.

First, the businessman arrives at Pedingtown, where he boards an E3 high-speed train for the first leg of his trip, to Lardinghattan. The service along this line is phenomenal, with trains every 10 minutes. The train leaves promptly at 7:10. On the adjacent track is the 7:20 departure.

One hour and three minutes later, he arrives in Lardinghattan and sees that the A5 airport shuttle is just pulling in across the platform. He walks in and finds a comfortable seat. However, the train stays in the station for 14 minutes, and he notices that he could have caught the next E3 train and still been on the same airport shuttle.

His train pulls in to the airport at 8:48 and he sees his plane just departing. There are direct flights from here to Feningbury Airport, but those that were convenient to him were sold out. So he is forced to replace a trip in an Airbus A380 with a trip in a 737 and then two trains.

Since his air route has departures every 30 minutes, he goes to the terminal, passes security and awaits the 9:15 flight.

The flight only takes 30 minutes. When the plane approaches Nedingwell Airport, he is pleased to see his connecting train, the C1B to Feningbury, awaiting him. Given his bad luck with connections up to this point, he is surprised to catch this hourly service almost without waiting. The plane proceeds to land at 9:45 and he makes his 10-minute connection to the train.

Unfortunately for him, this train does not have Wi-Fi, so he cannot work. He decides to admire the passing scenery. A few stops later, he is surprised to see a train in the same direction pull up alongside his. Given the infrequent nature of the service, two trains should not meet this way.

At the next stop, he sees the same train across the platform, and notices that it is following a different route, although it is also going to Feningbury. This satisfies him, although he still wonders about the poor scheduling.

At the next three stops, he does not see that train anymore and assumes he won't see the train again. However, right before Graston, the train goes down the left-hand track for no apparent reason, and stops at what is usually the outbound platform.

Later, as his train departs the outbound platform and switches to the inbound track again, he sees the reason for the maneuver: the same train he had seen earlier arrives on the inbound platform!

Finally, he arrives at Feningbury at 11:35 and waits for the A1 airport shuttle to Feningbury Airport. The train that had been shadowing him pulls in on the adjacent track, and he is pleased when his A1 arrives on the track that his C1B had just departed from.

The shuttle takes 10 minutes and he arrives at Feningbury Airport at 12:10. He proceeds to board the 12:30 flight to Lincoln Airport. This is the only way to get to his destination by public transport, since there is no line connecting Lincoln Airport to the rest of the network.

Up to this point, the only planes he has seen in Feningbury Airport were decorated in the distinctive red-and-white livery of Feningbury Airlines. He notices an entirely-white plane at the terminal as his flight takes off and wonders what it is.

His flight arrives at Lincoln Airport at 14:10, and he proceeds to the rail station to catch the A2 loop shuttle to Heborough. The shuttle departs at 14:34. Just before it leaves, he notices another white plane landing at the airport. He wonders if it is the same one, and what these planes carry.

Finally, he arrives at Heborough at 14:59, 7 hours and 49 minutes after he boarded his high-speed train at Pedingtown.

Please comment. Should I post more?
SniperDJ
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by SniperDJ »

why not shorter you trains a little? i wouldn't make a TGV 10 tiles long, i always keep my passenger trains under a 1000 seats.
ImageImageTake a look at my Australia Scenario (work in progress)Image Proud citizen of The Netherlands
recently aquired the FCE

Return to “Screenshots”