[OTTD]Level Crossing's Screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD]Level Crossing's Screenshots

Post by Level Crossing »

They're at capacity, and since I don't want to/can't make them every 15 minutes they need to have the capacity they do.

However, I could just decrease the passenger generation factor - maybe I should do that. But then the commuter trains will be rather short.

How do you like my screenies?
Like my avatar? See my screenshot thread
SniperDJ
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by SniperDJ »

i would make more use of station grf's (non-track tiles)
ImageImageTake a look at my Australia Scenario (work in progress)Image Proud citizen of The Netherlands
recently aquired the FCE
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

New game started. This time, amenities for passengers have been provided.

First is the huge Roscoe King St station, for now very underused (only one intercity and one commuter line). It has a connecting streetcar service running through Roscoe. To prepare for the expected future onslaught of passengers once more trains call here, two identical buildings have been constructed to serve the customers.

Here you see the intercity express leaving Roscoe and passing the maintenance shed as well as the orbital highway. It is not yet open, so there are no cars on it. The commuter line diverges to the bottom of the screenshot. We will follow it first.

This is Gunworth Falls, the first town along the commuter line. An outbound train is just entering the station. Also visible is Cadwood, the first double-tracked section of the line.

A few uninteresting stations later, we arrive at Gafingbourne Bridge. Just outside the station, we see two trains passing. This is the only other double-tracked location on the route.

Here is the terminal, Fort Sondworth. It is the only commuter station with an enclosed station building, because this town is the biggest along the line.

Heading along the intercity line now, we first arrive at Invewood, where a train to Mundingham is just leaving. This station was built with the entrance to the parking lot on the far end of the station, which angered locals. This, combined with the fact that the current station building is insufficient for such a city, means that a new one will be built and the old one will be replaced with parking.

In Mundingham, the temporary terminal of the line, the builders got it right from the start - parking on both sides, building in the middle. This is what Invewood will look like when the construction there is finished.

Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

kamnet wrote:Wow, those are VERY nice stations!
Thank you.

Here are some more. First, the network has expanded, and Roscoe King St station is nearing its capacity - soon it will be time to build the second terminus in the city. But for now, it has been rebuilt, with a huge station building and parking, which was not present before.

The multitude of new lines serving King St has created quite a tangle of lines outside the city. Here you can see a Railbus and a commuter train in the midst of the junction.

This is Fort Sondworth, formerly the quiet terminus of a commuter line, but now a bustling transfer station on a high-speed mainline. Its parking has been expanded and it has received a new station building (barely visible in the picture).

This is Sarnfield, the end of the aforementioned high-speed line. A famous Dutch architect was hired to create the station you see here, to great acclaim.

This is Sondstone Bay, the second-to-last station on the other express line. Every other train from Roscoe turns here, as you can see from the departure board. The line continues one stop towards Chentburg, which sees an hourly service.

Finally, a geographically-accurate map of the network. Feel free to request areas for screenshots.

Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

Another line has been built from Roscoe King St. This is most likely the final line that will serve that terminal, due to lack of capacity.

This line, because it has only three stations, including King St, is equipped with Railbuses.

Here is the first station, where two 'trains' are scheduled to pass. Note the left-hand running, built to allow Roscoe-bound trains to enter the station at speed instead of slowing for the switch.
3 Getborough.PNG
3 Getborough.PNG (325.85 KiB) Viewed 4646 times
This is the last stop, not too far from Getborough. Since this picture and the one before were taken at the same time, the train in the upper left shows the proximity of the two stations.
3 Sentbourne.PNG
3 Sentbourne.PNG (327 KiB) Viewed 4646 times
Finally, the (again) expanded junction, where three Railbuses pass each other.
3 Roscoe Junction South.PNG
3 Roscoe Junction South.PNG (306.8 KiB) Viewed 4646 times
Please comment. Any requests for screenies?
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

And the same scene, this time at night. A game is about to begin at the local stadium.
Attachments
3 Roscoe Junction South at Night.PNG
3 Roscoe Junction South at Night.PNG (528.93 KiB) Viewed 4610 times
audigex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by audigex »

Loving that night shot and the tidy, realistic style - could I trouble you for a full GRF list?
Jon
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

Sure, here you go - be warned that this disorganized mess has way more grfs than you can see in the screenshots.
grf list.PNG
grf list.PNG (18.67 KiB) Viewed 668 times
Here's a bonus shot at night. See if you can find the screenshot it's based off earlier in the thread.
7B Train Exiting Tunnel at Night2.PNG
7B Train Exiting Tunnel at Night2.PNG (674.96 KiB) Viewed 4520 times
FlameSing
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by FlameSing »

Wery cool! Like yellow lights from wagons' windows .)
Sorry for my awful English.

My modest screenies.
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

Thanks.

Any requests for areas for pictures?
APDAF
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by APDAF »

The largest station on a busy night.
Visit my screenshot thread--> http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=54118
If you want to have a go at War Thunder, PM me, I have an invite code.
FlameSing
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by FlameSing »

Level Crossing wrote:Any requests for areas for pictures?
Wundworth, Gafingbourne Bridge and junction between it, please :roll:
Sorry for my awful English.

My modest screenies.
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

FlameSing wrote:
Level Crossing wrote:Any requests for areas for pictures?
Wundworth, Gafingbourne Bridge and junction between it, please :roll:
Maybe the map is unclear because the tracks are so close, but there is no junction between Wundworth and Gafingbourne Bridge. Here's what's there, however - in this picture you can see a Roscoe-bound train arriving at Gafingbourne Bridge.
4 Wundworth and Gafingbourne Bridge.PNG
4 Wundworth and Gafingbourne Bridge.PNG (349.16 KiB) Viewed 4442 times
APDAF wrote:The largest station on a busy night.
Assuming you mean Roscoe King St, just as the helicopter camera approached, the news spread that the power had failed in Roscoe. The quick-thinking power workers soon restored power to the streetlights and gave limited power to the station. The trains themselves are not affected because their catenary system is separate from Roscoe's. The streetcars, however, are stranded until they regain power. The one building you see with lights has an emergency generator.
3 Roscoe King St at night Blackout.PNG
3 Roscoe King St at night Blackout.PNG (362.67 KiB) Viewed 4441 times
The real reason was because I simply don't have the time to draw lights into every single building. That's why I prefer night-ifying non-city screenshots.
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

Finally, after much anticipation, the second Roscoe terminal has been opened. It has an express line and a super-express line, although more are planned.

This is the new terminal, Roscoe State Street. At first glance, this station may seem like a step back in development from King St, since there is no parking here. This was, however, due to the lobbying of those who wished to see classical architecture in their city; after King St was built with this design and then replaced, they vowed to have the next station have this design. The entire process has made King St Station's parking even more overcrowded, however, since people park there and ride the streetcar to State St to catch their train.
5 Roscoe State St.PNG
5 Roscoe State St.PNG (278.59 KiB) Viewed 4260 times
The highway was set to be opened soon but city planners realized that the railroad had no way of getting its trains between the new terminus and the depot. This was quickly fixed by building a new non-revenue rail line in the median of the orbital expressway, the opening of which was postponed to permit the construction.
5 Connecting track.PNG
5 Connecting track.PNG (251.75 KiB) Viewed 4260 times
The express line has three intermediate stations between its termini; the super-express goes nonstop between those stations. One of the bypassed stations was located far enough out of the way that a direct bypass was built; the other two were aligned such that the super-express was routed to go through them. The idea of 200-mph trains passing through stations with passengers mere meters away proved dangerous, so an order was issued to make sure no passengers were on the platform when the super-express passed through.

Here is Sunnley, the junction between the express line and super-expres bypass and also the site of one of the aforementioned stations. A Roscoe-bound express is seen entering the station.
5 Sunnley.PNG
5 Sunnley.PNG (268.02 KiB) Viewed 4260 times
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

Wow, it's been a while... more than two years to be precise. The game in the last post is still going strong, however!

In the centuries since we have last had a glimpse at the network, much has changed. Many routes have been added. A few have been removed. Some stations have received several rebuilds, while others are still in their original form. Although unfortunately no screenshots of intervening years have survived, the savegames have so some sense of an archive is still available.

To make a long story short, I can post dozens of screenshots and not cover everything interesting, but here's a few highlights. The map in the last post will show the rest of the network; feel free to request screenshots.

===

There are now four terminals in Roscoe, and they are connected by a metro network. Here is Roscoe Victoria, served by Eurostars to across the Channel, several express services, and some local lines as well. Excluding metro services, this station serves 10 trains every hour.
Slarnway Transport, 2807-12-29.png
Slarnway Transport, 2807-12-29.png (325.74 KiB) Viewed 3269 times
Next is Roscoe State St, very close to Roscoe Victoria. Aside from a small but frequent commuter line, the trains servicing this station are exclusively German-made ICE stock. Incidentally, this station has not seen been restyled since the last time we visited it, several hundred years ago. (Hint: it's landmarked) Aside from the metro, this station services 12 trains an hour.
Slarnway Transport, 2807-12-29#1.png
Slarnway Transport, 2807-12-29#1.png (333.32 KiB) Viewed 3269 times
Close to the aforementioned two stations is what can be called the city's main station, Roscoe King St. Similarly protected from demolition, the historic structure serves as a focal point for the area, and houses many offices for the transport company. The parking on the station roof is exorbitantly priced, but still extremely crowded (hey, they pay, so why not?!). 20 intercity trains per hour serve the station.
Slarnway Transport, 2807-12-29#2.png
Slarnway Transport, 2807-12-29#2.png (332.84 KiB) Viewed 3269 times
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

The fourth terminal in Roscoe was built on the outskirts, because there was no longer any space downtown. Nevertheless, its metro and streetcar connections have given Roscoe W. 5 St just as important a role as the other three stations in serving the Roscoe area. Excluding the metro once again, it is served by various commuter, regional, and express lines, as well as the Eurostar. It is also the station through which all mail bound for Roscoe is processed. This traffic combines to 14 trains per hour.
Slarnway Transport, 2807-12-29#3.png
Slarnway Transport, 2807-12-29#3.png (310.96 KiB) Viewed 3267 times
The next station on the Southwest Mainline from Roscoe W. 5 St is Fort Sondworth. Remember that station? From a bucolic little commuter train terminal, it has transformed into a massive, nine-track interchange station between trains to numerous destinations. Excluding mail trains, which pass through without stopping, this station serves 22 trains per hour.
Slarnway Transport, 2807-12-29#4.png
Slarnway Transport, 2807-12-29#4.png (317.25 KiB) Viewed 3267 times
Moving in another direction from Roscoe, Grunworth is a significant junction between lines heading in all directions. The station has had to be expanded on landfill into the harbor in (relatively) recent years, because the previous station could not keep up with the traffic. The current station serves 12 trains an hour.
Slarnway Transport, 2807-12-29#5.png
Slarnway Transport, 2807-12-29#5.png (299.36 KiB) Viewed 3267 times
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

Moving to the northeast of the map, we can find the Channel, under which Eurostars (and other trains) pass, many of them heading toward Flardhattan. The tunnel under the Channel is the sole rail link between the two landmasses, and is incredibly crowded, serving massive oil trains (seen here), Eurostars (also seen here), regional, and high-speed trains.
Slarnway Transport, 2808-01-01.png
Slarnway Transport, 2808-01-01.png (338.44 KiB) Viewed 3265 times
This station is on the outskirts of Flardhattan, and handles mail and goods trains serving the city. The airport and dock are also nearby.
Slarnway Transport, 2808-01-01#1.png
Slarnway Transport, 2808-01-01#1.png (286.92 KiB) Viewed 3265 times
Flardhattan's main station is a very busy place, handling passengers headed anywhere between two blocks away and all the way across the map (the latter passengers fly, obviously). It has a grand lobby on the main level and transport offices on the upper floors. The employees of those offices get a unique view of the 16 trains that depart every hour.
Slarnway Transport, 2808-01-01#2.png
Slarnway Transport, 2808-01-01#2.png (341.95 KiB) Viewed 3265 times
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

Flardhattan has a metro system as well, although with hourly frequencies on each branch it is much closer to commuter rail. Nevertheless, it uses third rail and goes underground downtown. Here we can see one of the outlying segments of the system, a viaduct connecting to Luningville and its port. A bi-hourly ferry stops here.
Slarnway Transport, 2808-01-01#3.png
Slarnway Transport, 2808-01-01#3.png (237.4 KiB) Viewed 3263 times
This is an extremely busy oil refinery, with each train arriving carrying about 2 million liters of oil. (The ship about to dock contains 22 million liters.) Clearly, a very intensive goods-train service is needed to transport everything produced. These trains go to Flardhattan.
Slarnway Transport, 2808-01-01#4.png
Slarnway Transport, 2808-01-01#4.png (261.15 KiB) Viewed 3263 times
Going back to other parts of the network, Frenfingborough sees a high speed train to Flardhattan every 90 minutes, as well as 10 other trains every hour. From here you can get a one-seat ride to, literally, all four corners of the map. A reconstruction has been proposed for this station several times, but community opposition has killed these plans for now.
Slarnway Transport, 2808-01-01#5.png
Slarnway Transport, 2808-01-01#5.png (333.31 KiB) Viewed 3263 times
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

Sinnley is another major hub, with nonstop trains to Roscoe King St and expresses to many other destinations. Interestingly, this station has become somewhat overbuilt recently, as a regional service was truncated because of low ridership. Nonetheless, 11 trains per hour do stop here.
Slarnway Transport, 2808-01-01#6.png
Slarnway Transport, 2808-01-01#6.png (328.33 KiB) Viewed 3263 times
Next, we jump to one of the most isolated corners of the network, Maui. This island has two towns and would be completely uneconomical to serve via boat or land; as a result, a plane service was set up to the nearest rail hub, Chutown. The simple answer would be not to serve the island, but the transport company has a mandate to serve each and every town with over 10,000 people. (It has succeeded as of now, but towns constantly grow so it's never a finished task). Thus, there is a streetcar circulating the island and a plane leaves for Chutown every 30 minutes.
Slarnway Transport, 2808-01-01#8.png
Slarnway Transport, 2808-01-01#8.png (326.82 KiB) Viewed 3263 times
Finally, a map. Please request screenshots. Hope you enjoyed this mini-series!
map.png
map.png (52.62 KiB) Viewed 666 times

Return to “Screenshots”