[OTTD]Level Crossing's Screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Level Crossing's Screenshots [OTTD]

Post by Level Crossing »

Sensation Lover wrote:Nice screens. To bad for all that signals. Like all that people that builds signals every 1,2,3 squers. Where in the world have you saw a train occupying 2, 3 signals simultaneously!?
Well, the game is quite far from realistic, especially with distances. Where have you seen a train need a few days to get from a city's outskirts to its central station? The signal spacing allows for trains running close together, which is quite realistic.
Like my avatar? See my screenshot thread
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

More updates!

The grandest station of them all...the crown jewel of the Easton Transport Network. This ultra-modern station features two overpasses and numerous capacity problems, which has caused all of the afterthought-looking platform locations. The track with the semaphores is abandoned (if only I could figure out a way to get the grass-on-tracks grf to work... :( )
Easton Transport-Part 3-Modern Easton.PNG
Easton Transport-Part 3-Modern Easton.PNG (489.76 KiB) Viewed 747 times
Gendwood, on the other end of the network. There happens to be a direct train from here to Easton Station, because the citizens thought that they were being underserved.
Easton Transport-Part 3-Modern Gendwood.PNG
Easton Transport-Part 3-Modern Gendwood.PNG (516.83 KiB) Viewed 747 times
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

Good luck getting from the car park to the station at Gendwood :)
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

Fixed. :D
Attachments
Easton Transport-Part 3-Modern GendwoodB.PNG
Easton Transport-Part 3-Modern GendwoodB.PNG (508.55 KiB) Viewed 747 times
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

BREAKING NEWS!!

After getting fed up with listening to residents' growing demands for a new subway line, Easton Transport built one, and called it the Green Line. :D

Here is a quick shot of the uncompleted line, with original station names.
Easton Transport-Part 4-New Subway Line.PNG
Easton Transport-Part 4-New Subway Line.PNG (496.01 KiB) Viewed 747 times
This line is a first for Easton Transport, as two subway lines share track between two stations. Because of a lack of capacity in the Enther Street-Easton Station tunnels, some Green Line trains only go to Easton Station (from the east).
Easton Transport-Part 4-Easton Junction.PNG
Easton Transport-Part 4-Easton Junction.PNG (502.05 KiB) Viewed 747 times
Easton Transport-Part 4-Enther Street Junction.PNG
Easton Transport-Part 4-Enther Street Junction.PNG (486.68 KiB) Viewed 747 times
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

A new subway map, as well as a satellite image.
Attachments
Note: Colored square represents terminal for the line. Only some westbound Green Line trains terminate at Easton Station.
Note: Colored square represents terminal for the line. Only some westbound Green Line trains terminate at Easton Station.
Easton Transport Subway Map.PNG (18.95 KiB) Viewed 4364 times
Easton Transport Subway Birdseye.PNG
Easton Transport Subway Birdseye.PNG (161.04 KiB) Viewed 4364 times
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

New "Limited" services have debuted: 3-locomotive, 39-passenger-car super trains running between major cities. They also happen to be extremely profitable.

As of now I have two routes:
Easton-New Brinthill
Rondhattan-Kinnway-Minfield (formerly Great Meningfield).
Easton Transport-Part 5-Limited Service.PNG
Easton Transport-Part 5-Limited Service.PNG (300.61 KiB) Viewed 747 times

The share-track experiment failed because the tunnels could not handle such a high frequency of service. Ignoring extreme protests, Easton Transport quad-tracked the line.
Easton Transport-Part 5-Green&Red Subways.PNG
Easton Transport-Part 5-Green&Red Subways.PNG (327.3 KiB) Viewed 747 times
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

This new game features everything the same as before, with the addition of US Stations and US Trains.

The engineers hired to design the new line had a very complex problem: the mountainous terrain in the central city, Lunwood. Despite protests by the affected residents, they decided to acquire quite a large area of land to build a terminal and tunnels leading out of the city. So far, only one line has been built (the Renville Line). (Lines leading out of Lunwood will be named by their first suburban stop).

So, after cheating himself some money and demolition rights, the owner of the company began to build. The new line has five stops and eight trains. Inspired by Amtrak :D , three-letter station codes are now part of the station names.

Here is the main station. As you can see, engineers went great distances to fit this into the crowded geography of Lunwood.
Lunwood Transit-Part 1-LWC.PNG
Lunwood Transit-Part 1-LWC.PNG (598.68 KiB) Viewed 747 times
This partially overlapping screenshot shows more tunnels and the Renville Station.
Lunwood Transit-Part 1-REN.PNG
Lunwood Transit-Part 1-REN.PNG (388.31 KiB) Viewed 747 times
This shows Saham terminal, with yet more tunnels.
Lunwood Transit-Part 1-SAH.PNG
Lunwood Transit-Part 1-SAH.PNG (447.76 KiB) Viewed 747 times
Please comment!
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

That's quite a lot of signals! Even if you double the amount of trains you have... that's a lot of signals. Looks promising though.
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

Level Crossing wrote:This new game features everything the same as before, with the addition of US Stations and US Trains.

The engineers hired to design the new line had a very complex problem: the mountainous terrain in the central city, Lunwood. Despite protests by the affected residents, they decided to acquire quite a large area of land to build a terminal and tunnels leading out of the city. So far, only one line has been built (the Renville Line). (Lines leading out of Lunwood will be named by their first suburban stop).

So, after cheating himself some money and demolition rights, the owner of the company began to build. The new line has five stops and eight trains. Inspired by Amtrak :D , three-letter station codes are now part of the station names.

Here is the main station. As you can see, engineers went great distances to fit this into the crowded geography of Lunwood.
Lunwood Transit-Part 1-LWC.PNG
This partially overlapping screenshot shows more tunnels and the Renville Station.
Lunwood Transit-Part 1-REN.PNG
This shows Saham terminal, with yet more tunnels.
Lunwood Transit-Part 1-SAH.PNG
Please comment!
why the hell that depot on top of that hill, it would be better to relocate it to the next bend?
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

SwissFan91 wrote:That's quite a lot of signals! Even if you double the amount of trains you have... that's a lot of signals. Looks promising though.
My automatic signal spacing is set to 2 tiles, and it helps in the more crowded lines.
ZxBiohazardZx wrote:why the hell that depot on top of that hill, it would be better to relocate it to the next bend?
It is impossible to relocate it to the next bend (assuming you mean towards Lunwood) without either using 90-degree turns, demolishing more buildings, or doing some extensive landscaping.

Meanwhile, the company is progressing very rapidly, as you can see in this satellite view:
Lunwood Transit-Part 2-Birdseye.PNG
Lunwood Transit-Part 2-Birdseye.PNG (38.66 KiB) Viewed 747 times
Lunwood now has an express station, 2 commuter lines sharing a terminal, and a bus connector.
Lunwood Transit-Part 2-Lunwood.PNG
Lunwood Transit-Part 2-Lunwood.PNG (576.83 KiB) Viewed 747 times
Chonhill also has an express station with a bus connector. To attract more customers, Lunwood Transit gave this service a grand total of three stops, instead of two.
Lunwood Transit-Part 2-Chonhill.PNG
Lunwood Transit-Part 2-Chonhill.PNG (530.24 KiB) Viewed 747 times
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

Level Crossing wrote:
SwissFan91 wrote:That's quite a lot of signals! Even if you double the amount of trains you have... that's a lot of signals. Looks promising though.
My automatic signal spacing is set to 2 tiles, and it helps in the more crowded lines.
ZxBiohazardZx wrote:why the hell that depot on top of that hill, it would be better to relocate it to the next bend?
It is impossible to relocate it to the next bend (assuming you mean towards Lunwood) without either using 90-degree turns, demolishing more buildings, or doing some extensive landscaping.

i see plenty of room the other way
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

Started a new game, this time with Chill's Patchpack.

The main city is Nuburg, high up in the mountains. This exposes residents and transit vehicles alike to harsh, biting winds at times as low as -40 degrees. 8o

Here is Nuburg Station, the center of the country's hubbub and business. Each and every vehicle owned by Nuburg Transport passes through this station. Light rail connections are visible.
Nuburg Transport Part 1-NUB.PNG
Nuburg Transport Part 1-NUB.PNG (309.14 KiB) Viewed 747 times
Next is Nuburg Junction, where the tunnels into Nuburg split into five separate lines, two electrified and three regular. Two of these will split up again later down the line.
Nuburg Transport Part 1-Nuburg Junction.PNG
Nuburg Transport Part 1-Nuburg Junction.PNG (309.86 KiB) Viewed 747 times
Finally is a satellite view of all of Nuburgland. Feel free to request an in-depth screenshot of any area! :)
Nuburg Transport Part 1-Satellite View.PNG
Nuburg Transport Part 1-Satellite View.PNG (54.03 KiB) Viewed 747 times
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

that is one giant hill and some giant cities lol
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

Yes, it is a giant hill. I built it like that so Nuburg would not expand :wink:

Final screenshots of this game, after this I will be going back to Scenario Editor to make myself a bigger, better map. (Screenshots of this game will still be available for a limited time only! By request.)

The new, final version of NUB. The residents hated it, but they were forced to endure numerous demolition and construction projects to make space for the growing station. Nuburg Transport maintained a highly suspect policy that all of its vehicles were to stop at NUB, no exceptions. (That makes 135 trains and 102 trams!) :shock: :shock: :shock: (Yes, that includes the Wunfingfield Metro system as well. It makes three stops in Nuburg: NUB, Rogers Jct, and Johnston St North.)

The lines with the third rail are Metro lines, designed as a higher-capacity compliment to the previous Light Rail system. This metro has only two-car trains, but each train can fit 250 people. :!:
Nuburg Transport Part 2-NUB.PNG
Nuburg Transport Part 2-NUB.PNG (316.22 KiB) Viewed 747 times
The ever-growing Nuburg Junction, very large for the same reason as above. As you can see, an awkward connection has been constructed to the Hinhill and Beningwell Lines (which stop at Little Pintford before continuing to NUB. The town of Little Pintford is visible on the left, but the station is not. It is on the upper left line, not where the GG-1 locomotive on the electrified corridor is).
Nuburg Transport Part 2-Nuburg Jct.PNG
Nuburg Transport Part 2-Nuburg Jct.PNG (348.05 KiB) Viewed 747 times
After complaints that Nuburg residents received all of the attention, the Wunfingfield Metro was been constructed recently, using the same construction as the Nuburg Metro (not Light Rail).
Nuburg Transport Part 2-WUN.PNG
Nuburg Transport Part 2-WUN.PNG (275.51 KiB) Viewed 747 times
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

Finally, I'm back with an almost-realistic, no-cheating scenario.

My company's humble beginnings:

Two bus (rather car service) routes, a real bus service with three stops, and a water truck service. There is also an over-capacity ship.

First, a picture of the only real buses that River&Co owns. The rest have been replaced with Ford Model Ts ( :!: ) to save money. These buses make three stops.
A River&Co. 1-Real Bus.PNG
A River&Co. 1-Real Bus.PNG (302.27 KiB) Viewed 747 times
Then, the truck route that River&Co built. It could only afford so many trucks because it was replacing buses with Model Ts at the time (the company cannot issue any more bonds).
A River&Co. 1-Trucks.PNG
A River&Co. 1-Trucks.PNG (202.72 KiB) Viewed 747 times
And a zeppelin in testing, also owned by River&Co. A ship is also visible in the background.
A River&Co. zeppelin.PNG
A River&Co. zeppelin.PNG (96.76 KiB) Viewed 747 times
Is anyone even viewing this thread? It seems like I'm the only one. :(
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

Yet another game, with Nutracks and Japanese stations (and more sets)!

The main city, with the mainline on the lower platforms and a connecting branch on the upper platforms. A train to Minburg is just departing the station.
Farnville Transport 1-Farnville.PNG
Farnville Transport 1-Farnville.PNG (371.15 KiB) Viewed 747 times
Here is a quick overview of the quickly-expanding ( :)) )network of Farnville Transport:
The main line and a connecting train line. There is also a bus connector from Minburg to Tenbridge.
Farnville Transport 1-Map.PNG
Farnville Transport 1-Map.PNG (48.58 KiB) Viewed 747 times
Please comment. :D
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

The rapidly expanding network has added another line, as well as more buses for the connector. The main station has also been expanded (it is now a showcase, jewel-in-the-crown station for all to see).

The grand station, Farnville (applause.). This station now has a central turntable and roundhouse for storing extra locomotives in case one breaks down. Here, customers are transferring between a train to Sudstone (in the middle) and one to Conburg (on the right).
Farnville Transport 2-Farnville.PNG
Farnville Transport 2-Farnville.PNG (411.86 KiB) Viewed 747 times
The transit agency needed some money (:lol:), so it got each station on its new line to be designed in a different fashion. This helped it win the Transit Beauty Award of 1935. This award came with a large sum of cash, as you can see.
Farnville Transport 2-Great Sutford Line.PNG
(477.41 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
The bus connection from Tenbridge to the train at Minburg is visible here. In this screenshot, a train to Sudstone is waiting for passengers.
Farnville Transport 2-Minburg-Tenbridge.PNG
Farnville Transport 2-Minburg-Tenbridge.PNG (337.82 KiB) Viewed 747 times
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

The rapidly burgeoning company has once again expanded and redesigned its flagship station. There is even an hourly bus shuttle to Headquarters, located on a remote island on the lake.
Farnville Transport 3-Farnville.PNG
Farnville Transport 3-Farnville.PNG (439.71 KiB) Viewed 747 times
There has recently been a plane crash at Ludstone Airport, the airport connected to Farnville with a shuttle (visible in this picture as the silver train). Therefore, all planes are either circling above or stuck on the ground.
Farnville Transport 3-Ludstone Airport.PNG
Farnville Transport 3-Ludstone Airport.PNG (291.17 KiB) Viewed 747 times
The airport on the other side. I have been trying to get the half-hourly service here to fall on the 00 and 30, bur so far I have not succeeded.
Farnville Transport 3-Tuwood Airport.PNG
Farnville Transport 3-Tuwood Airport.PNG (287.16 KiB) Viewed 747 times
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Level Crossing's Screenshots [OTTD](almost all station s

Post by Level Crossing »

My next game:
(as always, press the plus cursor if available to get better quality).

Only one railroad line exists so far, and the main station has four times as many tracks as it needs (two tracks are closed off, and only one track is truly needed). The company (and city residents) is looking forward to expanding. :shock: The line is also unnecessarily electrified, but the company decided now is better than later.
Water & Co-1-Gunfingpool Bridge.PNG
Water & Co-1-Gunfingpool Bridge.PNG (386.91 KiB) Viewed 747 times
The line ends at the small town of Cunbridge (why does a 250-person town have a skyscraper? :? ), which is quickly expanding.
Water & Co-1-Cunbridge.PNG
Water & Co-1-Cunbridge.PNG (414.23 KiB) Viewed 747 times
However, due to poor engineering, there has been a washout on the line. Nobody was injured, but damage was extensive. :(
Water & Co-1-Washed out tunnel.PNG
Water & Co-1-Washed out tunnel.PNG (375.33 KiB) Viewed 747 times

Return to “Screenshots”