[OTTD]Level Crossing's Screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD]Level Crossing's Screenshots

Post by STD »

Hi, Level Crossing! Great screenshots from the game. Well build the railway station and junction in front of them. It is with great pleasure every screenshot looked. Thank you :)) !
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

Большое спасибо!

Thank you! Speaking of junctions, here's a few more.

Here we caught the junction between Garthill and Plarningwell in one of its very few unoccupied moments. There are usually many mail and passenger trains crossing here.
Slarnway Transport, 2809-06-11.png
Slarnway Transport, 2809-06-11.png (313.34 KiB) Viewed 4082 times
This is Muntown Junction, serving trains, boats, and streetcars. Although Eurostars pass through here without stopping, there are still trains to Flardhattan. 18 trains per hour pass through here, so the dispatcher is never idle.
Slarnway Transport, 2809-06-11#2.png
Slarnway Transport, 2809-06-11#2.png (323.68 KiB) Viewed 4082 times
This junction is just outside Roscoe, the city that never sleeps. :wink: Even during the night trains are coming and going.
Slarnway Transport, 2809-06-11#1a.png
Slarnway Transport, 2809-06-11#1a.png (542.82 KiB) Viewed 4082 times
Like my avatar? See my screenshot thread
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Great night look screenshots. Post please your save game. :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

After some extensive searching through centuries-old newspaper archives, some photographs of the network have been located! The photos depict damage from the Great Hurricane of 2578, which brought enormous amounts of water inland and flooded several track segments. Fortunately, there was advance warning of the hurricane so all people and trains were moved away in time; still, damage was immense.

Here we can see trains detouring around the damaged areas. Both the express mainline and regional line have been damaged, so a temporary track was placed between them so trains could operate through the affected area.
6 Flooding 1.PNG
6 Flooding 1.PNG (296.88 KiB) Viewed 4006 times
Here, the damage is evident. The valley that is now a river used to contain tracks. Until the water is pumped out, service cannot resume. However, another temporary track has been constructed so trains can run during the reconstruction period.
6 Flooding 4.PNG
6 Flooding 4.PNG (351.62 KiB) Viewed 4006 times
Finally, here is my savegame. Made with Chill's Pack 14.4.
Slarnway Transport, 2809-06-11.sav
(2.46 MiB) Downloaded 107 times
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

An intern at the transportation company's headquarters had the idea of looking through old editions of the monthly transit magazine. Lo and behold, more photos were found. These show the rehabilitation of Roscoe King Street, in 2630.

Before construction started, the area was closed off and maintenance trains were called to the site. Here, work is about to begin.
7 Roscoe Reconstruction 1.PNG
7 Roscoe Reconstruction 1.PNG (174.45 KiB) Viewed 4006 times
Here, a barrier between tracks has been built and the affected part of the station closed off. Because the work involved asbestos abatement, the area had to be isolated from the environment.
7 Roscoe Reconstruction 1d.PNG
7 Roscoe Reconstruction 1d.PNG (174.49 KiB) Viewed 4006 times
This shot shows the impact on the rest of the network; with the halving of capacity at King St delays were expected, but with some minor reroutes and efficiency improvements the massive gridlock expected by legislators was avoided.
7 Roscoe Reconstruction 2.PNG
7 Roscoe Reconstruction 2.PNG (173.94 KiB) Viewed 4006 times
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

Moving back to the modern day, here is a map of all the express services in the land, with major cities labeled. Any requests for screenshots?
mapbigstationsexprouteslabels.png
(413.64 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Thanks for the new screenshots and the save from the game :D
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

Wow! It's been a while since I've updated this thread. Believe it or not, I'm still playing the same game that I started way back in 2012. How time flies!

Much has changed on the network as well. Here are just a few pictures.

First, Wrindinghead's potential as a major interchange station was recognized. The streetcar line that served this town eons ago had been replaced by a commuter rail line, but a perpendicular high speed line beckoned local politicians. However, for many years the only passenger trains along the line were Eurostar services bound for Flardhattan, halfway across the map and on the other side of the Channel. Stopping such long distance services for a village of 9,000 people just couldn't be justified.

Eventually, the decision was made to extend the E15 high speed service to Chennton because the Eurostar was unable to keep up with demand along the segment. The extension was originally planned to be a nonstop run, but local bureaucrats used their political muscle and convinced the transport company of the benefits of building an interchange with the commuter rail line. The decision was made and the station expanded, despite the need for eminent domain proceedings to do so. Needless to say, time proved the decision a wise one. Demand has soared along the high speed line, such that E15 trains almost always leave Wrindinghead full, and the commuter line has seen such an uptick in ridership that two extra cars were added to its trains. The town of Wrindinghead has not missed out on the station's benefits either; the local economy has boomed and the town population has grown by 50%.

Here two high speed trains make a cross-platform connection with commuter trains.
8 Wrindinghead 1.png
8 Wrindinghead 1.png (858.67 KiB) Viewed 3578 times
Mail and Eurostar trains pass the station, but do not stop.
8 Wrindinghead 2.png
8 Wrindinghead 2.png (410.36 KiB) Viewed 3578 times
The next station to the east, Grunworth, is a major regional hub. Two high-speed lines intersect here, and local and Eurostar trains stop here as well. The station received a major rebuild recently to increase capacity and reduce delays. This has brought about the awkward result of having trains in one direction pass under a line that trains the other way pass over, but there was no political will for demolishing nearby offices or placing landfill (which would endanger nearby reefs).

In this photo, we see two Eurostars, an E15 high speed train (red), and a local service crossing the switches to begin its return trip to nearby Cufingpool, a hub of its own.
8 Grunworth.png
8 Grunworth.png (697.64 KiB) Viewed 3578 times
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

We've mentioned Flardhattan, so let's have a look. This is the major metropolis of the north, and it is separated by a wide Channel from the main continent. There is a single pair of tunnels linking this area with the mainland. The tunnels are used by local, high-speed, Eurostar, mail, and oil trains, so it's quite a busy place. The tunnels have been aging and will need repair soon, but closing even a single tunnel will be quite difficult so it is unclear what will be done.

Flardhattan station itself has always been a bustling place, just about at capacity. Major expansion has been impossible because it's in the middle of a major city, but recently a small sixth platform has been added for local services that do not pass through the tunnel.
8 Flardhattan 1.png
8 Flardhattan 1.png (672.46 KiB) Viewed 3578 times
Here is the junction just west of Flardhattan. Space constraints have forced the construction of a diamond crossover, a practice the transport company avoids where possible.
8 Flardhattan 2.png
8 Flardhattan 2.png (715.32 KiB) Viewed 3578 times
For good measure, let's look at a station almost all the way across the map. The Southwest Mainline (the line through the five-track station here) was built as four tracks, which some politicians saw as too much in the first place. As a result, the track layout here was quite suboptimal, and caused delays along the entire mainline, especially to high-speed services. After a long period of lobbying the transport company finally obtained permission to rebuild the station, and despite what seems like a large separation between the two sets of platforms a large underground arcade ties the station together. In fact, construction is not finished yet - the lower platforms will have roofs and elevators installed; the current configuration was just to be able to normalize service.
8 Drunfingwell.png
8 Drunfingwell.png (710.08 KiB) Viewed 3578 times
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

Three more screenies today.

The first is of Nennville West, a four-track cross-platform interchange station between two commuter lines in Roscoe's inner suburbs. Here we see a C16 service at Nennville West, a C15 service at the next one-track station down the line (Overdington), and a high-speed train passing through. The extensive streetcar network in Roscoe's northern suburbs is also evident.
8 Nennville West.png
8 Nennville West.png (416.15 KiB) Viewed 3481 times
Near Flardhattan is a small town called Chanford. This is an important intermodal transport hub - aside from the omnipresent streetcars there are train services to Flardhattan and Roscoe (on the other side of the channel). Two ferry routes also call here.
8 Chanford Jct.png
8 Chanford Jct.png (769.4 KiB) Viewed 3481 times
Similar to Chanford Junction in unlikely importance is the village of Nufingwell. It seemed to have been resigned to a future of irrelevance, but a significant amount of lobbying and subsidisation brought a commuter train to town. Two ferry routes to the Flardhattan area soon followed, and the station here has become an important transfer point. Surely if water did not surround the village it would have grown quite large by now.
8 Nufingwell.png
8 Nufingwell.png (226.6 KiB) Viewed 3481 times
slaca
Engineer
Engineer

Post by slaca »

Hi, nice shoots, which trainset does contain that eurostar?
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

Thanks! I believe the Eurostar is in the old BROS (British Rail OTTD Set), nightly r52. Here's the thread: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=54374
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

Cool screenshots. Like the Nufingwell shot especially!
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

Thanks! Since we've been focusing on urban areas and major junctions recently, let's move away from those and visit some small towns.

Let's start at Pludworth. This is the first town on a commuter line from Roscoe, the main hub of the map. Through some strict zoning ordinances, the board has managed to maintain the area's (somewhat) small-town feel. Despite their efforts, the population along the route has grown so much that two extra cars had to be added to all trains. This is clearly obvious here, where a former level crossing was removed because the train no longer fit between adjacent streets.
9 Pludworth.png
9 Pludworth.png (408.52 KiB) Viewed 3311 times
Slartwood is a small town farther north. It gained its train service relatively recently, when nearby Grundingworth became a major seaside resort and the bus service there could not handle the crowds. This shuttle train goes to Nondworth, where various high-speed and local services stop. The four track line we see crossing above carries mail, coal, and passengers, and it was not deemed economical to build a station here.

On this line, the transport company has learned from its past mistakes and made all platforms longer than initially required. The platforms here are six cars long, but trains only comprise four at the moment.
9 Slartwood.png
9 Slartwood.png (686.47 KiB) Viewed 3311 times
Finally we come to Putborough Market, a small town with a commuter service to Flardhattan. This line is so bucolic that it still uses block signalling on its single track segments, while most of the rest of the network has converted to more advanced path signals.
9 Putborough Market.png
9 Putborough Market.png (747.39 KiB) Viewed 3311 times
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

Just one picture for today, at Flinningville. This town, in the southern part of the map, is two stops away from Roscoe on a high-speed train (red train in this picture). When the local service to Roscoe (train with purple locomotives) was extended here, the transport company wanted to construct a new, grand station with five or six tracks to replace the old one, which had four. However, the station is hemmed in between a national park and real estate owned by very powerful people, so no new land was acquired. Instead, the tracks were carefully rearranged to give the local services one platform each and the high-speed service two. The track stubs, representing the former alignment, were left in place for lack of a reason to remove them. The platforms, as they were confined by the aforementioned lack of space, were simply refurbished in a modern style.
Attachments
9 Flinningville.png
9 Flinningville.png (405.37 KiB) Viewed 3208 times

Return to “Screenshots”