[OTTD]Level Crossing's Screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Re: [OTTD]Level Crossing's Screenshots

Post by Pilot »

So Glad I live in a Country with a proper Rail Network.
Our Longest Train Route is from Aberdeen to Plymouth. Don't know if its longest in time, but it takes 11hrs and 25 mins.
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

More screenshots!

Since the Lake Park Express was rerouted to Emerson Street, the tracks from Lake Park to Trenton have not been used. Now, this junction has been reconfigured to allow for emergency reroutes between the Central Mainline and Lake Park line if necessary.

Trenton. Note that the express tracks are now between the commuter tracks, allowing for a cross-platform transfer.
12 Trenton.PNG
12 Trenton.PNG (353.21 KiB) Viewed 4629 times
Geneva, a local station, and Carbondale, an express station, have the same layout principles as Trenton.
12 Geneva and Carbondale.PNG
12 Geneva and Carbondale.PNG (242.25 KiB) Viewed 4629 times
On-Track has recently started an ambitious reconstruction project at Gorham North. The first phase is to replace a bridge that the North Mainline Commuter trains use. As part of this project, North Mainline Commuter trains are not operating between Carrollton and Gorham North (a distance of one stop). North Mainline Express trains are not operating between Gorham North and Sidney (also one stop away).

Here, you can see an express train turning around at Sidney and preparing to return to Phillipsburg.
12 Train Switching at Sidney.PNG
12 Train Switching at Sidney.PNG (83.65 KiB) Viewed 4629 times
Like my avatar? See my screenshot thread
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

Here you can see the commuter train (which terminated at Carrollton) and the express train (which is coming from its first stop at Gorham North) switching to the correct tracks.
12 Trains Switching at Gorham North.PNG
12 Trains Switching at Gorham North.PNG (146.36 KiB) Viewed 4629 times
Here you can see the yellow-colored construction trains used in rehabilitation projects. You can also see the beginning of the work on the bridge. The bridge will eventually be completely rebuilt.
12 Gorham North Repair.PNG
12 Gorham North Repair.PNG (151.57 KiB) Viewed 4629 times
At some of the North Mainline commuter stations, digital-looking permanent signs, only capable of displaying Gorham North, Emerson Street, Superior, and Evansville as destinations, have been used, with digital slots only for the time and on-time status. Since the signs cannot display Carrollton, the incorrect signage has been covered with paper. This means that at some times, the next departure will be in the second slot instead of the first.
12 Departure Board Covered by Paper.PNG
12 Departure Board Covered by Paper.PNG (6.34 KiB) Viewed 4629 times
FlameSing
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by FlameSing »

I like your modifications on the screenies ,) Keep 'em coming! :D
Sorry for my awful English.

My modest screenies.
Seeker
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Seeker »

Liking the story and shots :D
TT-Screenshot Of The Month - December 2013 (Winner)
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

I'm back with a new game, this time with both intercity and commuter operators.

The first line to be built is a one-stop segment of the future intercity main line, between Cuningley and Wruhattan. The service has shown considerable promise, and will definitely be extended in the future. Current frequencies are every twenty minutes - this may be increased if it proves insufficient.

Cuningley - the south terminal of the line. This station will host commuter services in the future.
1 Cuningley.PNG
1 Cuningley.PNG (348.22 KiB) Viewed 4389 times
Wruhattan - the current north terminal of the line. This station will have to be expanded to serve commuter trains. Note the unsignaled tracks to the north.
1 Wruhattan.PNG
1 Wruhattan.PNG (345.33 KiB) Viewed 4389 times
A birds-eye view of the line. Yes, the line splits along the way because of difficult terrain.
1 Birds-Eye View.PNG
1 Birds-Eye View.PNG (12.22 KiB) Viewed 4389 times
Please comment!
Katve
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Katve »

Wonderful screens as always. :D
Pottsy
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Pottsy »

It was your brilliant screens that inspired my own. Keep it up.
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56094 My screenshots.
Formally know as Pottanda
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

More!

The line to Bayton has been completed. It has stops in Cuningley, Wruhattan, Linthill, and Bayton.

First is Bayton. The station could not be built in downtown Bayton because of space constraints, so a shuttle service was instituted and the station was placed on the outskirts. Because the shuttle is entirely within the Bayton Metropolitan Area, it is operated by Bayton Transit.
2 Bayton.PNG
2 Bayton.PNG (261.08 KiB) Viewed 4304 times
Next is Linthill.
2 Linthill.PNG
2 Linthill.PNG (369.41 KiB) Viewed 4304 times
A bird's eye view. Please comment.
2 Birds-Eye View.PNG
2 Birds-Eye View.PNG (11.18 KiB) Viewed 4304 times
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Nice screenies as usual Level Crossing.

I am rather curious about the terrain and why you have split your line. Would you mind posting a smallmap screenshot with heightlevels enabled or posting the seed and the other terrain type settings (terrain type and smoothness settings) so I can generate it and see for myself?

ps:
I'd rather have a screenshot due to available time issues to be honest. ;)
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

There's no one screenshot-worthy point that really 'decided' the issue for me. It was mostly just trying to avoid zigzagging and extensive terraforming at the same time (e.g. going horizontally across a slope).
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

More!

Bayton Transit has been greatly expanded, with many streetcar routes and three commuter routes. There are also bus shuttles to connect to the commuter routes. These shuttles increased ridership dramatically when they were first introduced.

First is Bayton, where you can see the extensive streetcar network. All streetcar routes converge at City Hall, whose departure board you can see here. If you look carefully enough, you can see that the names of two of our members influenced the city's geography. :wink: (sorry for the bad quality, I had to resize the image)

Here is a view from a satellite of the surroundings of Bayton. You can see the three commuter lines, the streetcar line on the top right, and the On-Track line to Linthill, Wruhattan, and Cuningley (that's the line with no stations on it).

And finally is Bayshore Station, with commuter lines, two streetcar lines, and On-Track intercity trains.
3 Bayshore Station.PNG
3 Bayshore Station.PNG (260.2 KiB) Viewed 4206 times
Finally, here is a space-shuttle view of the entire country. Note the 'triangle' of On-Track lines between Wruhattan (left), Grefingway (right), and Linthill (top).
3 Birds-Eye View.PNG
3 Birds-Eye View.PNG (12.52 KiB) Viewed 4206 times
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

More!

On-Track is performing construction on the express tracks between Linthill and Wruhattan. The first stage of this project required express trains to be rerouted via the local track in both directions for a few stations. Although this inevitably angers riders, On-Track points out that this detour does not cause more than a few minutes of delays.

Here, you can see express trains switching to/from the local track.
5 Express Trains Detouring Near Little Treningwell.PNG
5 Express Trains Detouring Near Little Treningwell.PNG (311.93 KiB) Viewed 4048 times
Here you can see Kenningville - Dondstone Bay, a Regional interchange station and the place where construction is taking place.
5 Kenningville - Dondstone Bay.PNG
5 Kenningville - Dondstone Bay.PNG (321.4 KiB) Viewed 4048 times
A bird's eye view of the network.
5 Birds-Eye View.PNG
5 Birds-Eye View.PNG (13.63 KiB) Viewed 4048 times
And Wruhattan's departure board. All On-Track services stop here, so this shows where the trains go. As can be expected, this is also the biggest bottleneck of the network.
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

Just a track map of the Wruhattan Transit commuter system.

6 Track Map Large.PNG
(40.54 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

This post is the first installment in a series, which will go along the entire length of a route and screenshot everything that is worthy of it.

Today's line is the Regional via Grefingway.

Cuningley: the western terminus of most services. As you can see, this station is a bustling hub of activity. Our journey starts here.

A train emerges from a tunnel in a relatively desolate area.

On the other end of the tunnel is Trudhall, our first station. This is a small but busy town, and many tourists come to hike in the nearby mountains.

Rartbridge is a small town, which grew when the railway was built. The only reason there is a stop here is because of a nearby town, which is served by a connecting bus (visible in the picture).

New Flutbridge, and the neighboring town of Suwood, also deserve their own stop.

Brinburg is an interchange station: WruTrans commuter trains stop here to bring passengers to Wruhattan, one of the Big Five cities in the country.

A different commuter line, also to Wruhattan, passes under the line here. An unused track exists to connect this line to the one stopping at Brinburg.

Here, we are closer to Grefingway, and thus an inbound GreTrans train is passing over the line. Here we see a Gulf Coast Express as well, which will also terminate at Grefingway.

Here, getting closer to Grefingway, we see two Gulf Coast Express trains pass. The two tracks closer to Wrennington are the commuter tracks.

Grefingway: a hub for two Express services that is also served by Regionals, commuter trains, and commuter ferries. The streetcar network can also be seen.

As we leave Grefingway, we pass (yet another) commuter station and the main repair facility of the streetcar network. There is no longer streetcar service along the tracks that cross the railway, but the line exists to allow streetcars that serve places farther away to be repaired if needed.

Crossing the Leadaware (does anyone get it?) River, we pass a commuter train heading for the suburbs.

Here is Bunninghead Junction, where our line merges with another line for the remainder of the journey to Bayton.

Bunninghead, a major transfer station between the two Regional lines.

Now the line enters Bayton's suburbs. After municipal merges, some of the suburban 'towns' are larger than Bayton itself! This station also serves BayTrans commuter trains. Eight trains call here hourly in each direction.

Fonfingfield, with a shuttle to a coastal town/resort arriving on the rightmost track. This station was built before the massive population explosion of the Bayton area.

Finally, Bayton Junction, the last stop. This intermodal station is served by one express service, three different Regional services, three different commuter services, as well as streetcar and ferry service. Overall, 57 vehicles call here every hour.

Please comment!
kujichagulia
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kujichagulia »

There's a stadium in the upper left of that Trudhall screenshot... what NewGRF is that a part of?
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

kujichagulia wrote:There's a stadium in the upper left of that Trudhall screenshot... what NewGRF is that a part of?
That's just the default stadium from OpenGFX.

@Level Crossing: Very nice screens! I like that you have separate companies that operate local and commuter train services. I assume you're using Chill's Patchpack?
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

Emperor Jake wrote:Very nice screens! I like that you have separate companies that operate local and commuter train services. I assume you're using Chill's Patchpack?
Thanks! And yes, I'm using Chill's Patchpack.

Today we will see the entire length of the Peninsula Express, the premier service of On-Track, which runs across the entire country, from the mountains of Cuningley to the coast at Bayton.

To start, we return to Cuningley, which has been improved since we last saw it. The station now has four tracks, with Regional and Express services segregated. This was necessary because the line we toured last time required an increase in frequency, from hourly to every twenty minutes. Delays have decreased on other services, too.

As we leave Cuningley, we see the overpass that keeps different services apart. The switches are only there in case of a reroute, to allow a train to return to its correct track.

With a Gulf Coast Express roaring through the tunnel and a Regional leaving Flonningpool, we see the place where the line we saw before diverges from the main line. Schedules have been carefully coordinated to ensure that the at-grade junction does not cause trouble.

What seems to be a pristine area, with only a train line passing through, is in fact home to the nuclear plant that provides electricity to Cuningley and its surroundings via underground cables. We can see the line to Trudhall along the bottom of the picture.

Here, the Regional line turns towards Bindwood while the Express line takes a shortcut. A Peninsula Express is visible entering the tunnel, along with a Regional at the top.

To ease grades and reduce destruction of the mountainside, the two directions of the express line split here. The connecting track is for reroutes that would prevent trains from going near Cuningley (say, a problem near the nuclear plant).

An unusual three-track line is visible along the top of this picture, where a Regional to Bayton Junction meets a Gulf Coast Express to Cuningley. Another Gulf Coast Express, toward Grefingway, can be seen entering the tunnel.

The Gulf Coast Express gets away from other tracks for a minute as it passes through the pristine wilderness.

This is where Regionals to/from Cuningley, Regionals to/from Bardingworth Falls, and Expresses to/from Cuningley meet for the short journey into Wruhattan. Also visible are two WruTrans streetcars.

As you can see, Wruhattan is a bustling hub of activity. It serves 24 trains every hour, not counting commuter trains (which use the platform toward the top right).

On the top left you can see where the services split again. Also visible is a single-track commuter line leading into Wruhattan: it is filled to 100% capacity. This causes problems when trains are delayed.

Here, two Gulf Coast Express trains diverge from the tracks used by the Peninsula Express.

Here you can see two closely-spaced Regional stations, with the Peninsula Express passing through on the middle two tracks. The interlocking is for reroutes.

Here is Linthill, the next express station. This station serves Shuttles to Grefingway (middle track) and Regionals and Peninsula Expresses (outer four tracks).

Here, you can see a two Regionals and an Express crossing the junction just east of the tunnels leading into Linthill.

Here, the Express line connects to a Bayton commuter line. This connection lost most of its usefulness, however, when the commuter line was un-electrified after it switched to more efficient DMUs.

Finally, we see Bayton Junction from the west, with a slightly late Regional pulling into the station.

Please comment!
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Nice shots, though I'm seeing a lot of the same trains. Scenery is great, but would love a bit more variation in the trains :mrgreen:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
alluke
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by alluke »

Which GRF contains the buffer from first pic? Never seen that one before. :shock:

Return to “Screenshots”