Opan's Screens

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Opan
Chairman
Chairman

Opan's Screens

Post by Opan »

Lots of people of screen threads so I thought I might as well.
These will just be a mix of different games I play on my own and/or online games.

No trains grfs in the first couple groups of screens. Only scenery and other eyecandy.

First is a coal mine using the Industrial stations and Heavy equipment mods. I think i looks pretty good, tell me what you think.

Second is the power station receiving. Not as busy or as big.

Third is a local passenger train and a coal hauler approaching a tunnel on the mainline.
Attachments
The busy coal mine with trains as well as heavy equipment moving the coal around.
The busy coal mine with trains as well as heavy equipment moving the coal around.
The not so busy quiet power generating station. I'm thinking I should put more there.
The not so busy quiet power generating station. I'm thinking I should put more there.
Two mainline trains approach a tunnel.
Two mainline trains approach a tunnel.
Last edited by Opan on 20 Jun 2010 21:15, edited 2 times in total.
Opan
Chairman
Chairman

Re: Opan's Screens

Post by Opan »

Some more.

First is the main wood supplier as there is a station attached and a large yard.

Second is the busy packed sawmill. Lots of scenery and eyecandy. I'm not sure if I'll put some equipment moving around.

Third is another mainline shot of a logger passing over a river on a brick arch bridge.
Attachments
The forest wood supplier with a large yard.
The forest wood supplier with a large yard.
Busy sawmill with lots of scenery. I think some equipment is nessesary.
Busy sawmill with lots of scenery. I think some equipment is nessesary.
A logger passes over a river.
A logger passes over a river.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Love that last one dude!
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Opan
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Opan »

Thank you!
I have two more. With the first diesel engines.

First the busy steel mill, with it's massive yard.

Second, which I think is a very beautiful shot of a steel train going past a river.

Let me know what you think.
Attachments
The busy steel mill.
The busy steel mill.
A beautiful shot.
A beautiful shot.
Opan
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Opan »

I decided to start a story in a USA scenario, made by Myfineshrine. Note: this has nothing to do with Canadian railway history, completly fictional.

1st: It's 1920, after the first world war. George Watkins age 35, and his family travel over from London, England to start his own company in Canada. The Watkins reach their destination; Halifax, Nova Scotia on February 23rd.

2nd: As an entrepreneur he seeks out the Halifax Local government for the grant to build a railway from Halifax to Sydney. As word reaches the citizens of Sydney, they push heavily on the govenment to have it done, so expensive travel by ship won't be necessary. Some of the local ferry companies worry that it may drive them out of buisness. After tough negotioations, construction of the H&S Railway begins on April 5th.

3rd: A team builds from Halifax, but a team was also sent by ship to Sydney. They plan to meet halfway where a bridge will be built connecting mainland to the island. After two months of fast pace building, the two rails meet at the straight on June 2nd. Plans for a steel suspention bridge go underway. Unfortunatly Watkins wasn't planning on such an expensive price on the bridge, and the company looks back at the local government for financial aid. A year later the company is given the grant and work begins on the bridge on March 8th 1921. Here is a picture of the bridge, halfway through construction, on June 16th, 1921.
Attachments
1st
1st
2nd
2nd
3rd
3rd
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

o_o photoshopped #3?? lovely
Dave

Post by Dave »

Awesome manip!
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Opan
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Opan »

Well its been a while since I last continued the story but here is what I have for now.

1st: Almost a year later the line is now busy with local passenger trains running from Sydney to Halifax. With the discovery of a large coal deposit near Sydney, the company wants the H&S to run coal trains on their line to the power station in Dartmouth. Unfortunatly the company or Dartmouth is unable to give the company a grant to build the extra track or the loading and unloading facilities. George is confident that this extra line will get him the money the company needs to be stable. He turns to the bank and begins contruction.

2nd: Early in 1922 the extra track and facilities are complete. The locomotives and cars still remain under construction due to a lack of manpower in the engineshop. With the extra helping hands from the track construction, the locomotives are expected sometime in February.
Attachments
1st
1st
H & S Railway, 9th May 1921.png (166.02 KiB) Viewed 925 times
2nd
2nd
H & S Railway, 4th Jan 1922.png (173.67 KiB) Viewed 925 times
Opan
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Opan »

A new game I am doing. It's been a while and a bit of a bump, but i didn't see the point in making a new topic.

A local entrepreneur opens the first rail line across the small Island of Medicine Hat. It connects all three major villages Medicine Hat, Montana, and Sandstone Valley.

Shots of the GRFs and the current rail line on the island.

Screen of Atlantic#2 passing the waypoint outside of Montana.
Attachments
GRFs.png
GRFs.png (10.05 KiB) Viewed 4586 times
Map.png
Map.png (2.84 KiB) Viewed 4586 times
Atlatic2 at waypoint.png
Atlatic2 at waypoint.png (32.12 KiB) Viewed 4586 times
Opan
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Opan »

Two more screens of the two Atlantic passenger trains in Montana and Sandstone Valley.

Recently prospectors have found evidence of large coal deposits on the island. A deal is met that the coal will be transferred off the island onto mainland to a major power-plant. In an effort to save ships from coming the long way around the island, a deal is met with the rail company to expand their tracks and create a station at the mine and to the far side of the island to load ships.

A Cannery is also opened on the far side of the island in the result of a massive influx of fishing in the area. The fishing company says it is not likely that the fish reserves will run out. Every day their ships are filled to the brim and are still able to come back for more. Some locals in the larger city of Medicine Hat feel differently about the matter. Montana citizens enjoy the rise of jobs and let it be known to Medicine Hat to worry about its own affairs.
Attachments
Atlantic in montana.png
Atlantic in montana.png (40.24 KiB) Viewed 4580 times
Atlantic at Sandstone.png
Atlantic at Sandstone.png (31.29 KiB) Viewed 4580 times
Cannery.png
Cannery.png (55.53 KiB) Viewed 4580 times
Opan
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Opan »

Screens of the Coal Mine, and Coal Transfer #2 passes Atlantic #1.

Years pass and the owner of Island Mechants Transportation Co. decides that it is time to expand the rail network. Taking a ferry across to another island just off of mainland is the town of Grand Prarie, whose local council are more then accepting of a rail-line connecting their town to the mainland.
Attachments
CoalMine.png
(258.98 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Trainspass.png
Trainspass.png (37.13 KiB) Viewed 4577 times
Across.png
(94.71 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Opan
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Opan »

The proposition of connecting Grand Prarie to the mainland is a bold one, as a fairly large steel girder bridge will have to be built. After months of planning the bridge is placed under construction. As seen in this screenshot, the main sectino of the bridge is complete withe the top section of steel beams still needing to be put in place. The construction team still works tirelessly to finish the bridge on time.
Attachments
Building Grand Bridge.png
Building Grand Bridge.png (36.38 KiB) Viewed 4575 times
JacobD88
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by JacobD88 »

That shot of the bridge under construction is fantastic :bow:

Great stuff!
Opan
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Opan »

Well its only been 5 years...

In my absence I've had my hand at dicking around in GIMP with the OTTD pallette and smashing my head against my desk to learn the grf coding. My first attempt, a small hydro electric dam similar to those that spot the North American rivers. Seems I need to create a proper overflow wall that will match up with the intake wall of the dam. Just want to say how much I adore the Auz Objects, truly adds a certain level of artistic flair to the game.

The Auburn chute GS; provides power from the Cold River to surrounding communities along the highway.
Attachments
Auburn Chute.png
Auburn Chute.png (608.47 KiB) Viewed 922 times
oftcrash
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by oftcrash »

Oh very cool! I love that dam!
S-Transport
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by S-Transport »

Nice!
Greetings, S-Transport
My pictures
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Great screenshot from the game. Cool and very realistic objects of hydroelectric power. Well done, what else can I say :)) .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

What a nice little power plant - me want :)
Opan
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Opan »

Thanks for the kind words.

I've been messing around again with the Auz Objects. I absolutely adore them. I think I sometimes spend more time setting up a scene rather than actually playing the game. Heres a nice little cattle farm with surrounding corn and wheat fields. Of course, theres something I added in. A passing lane down the middle of the road similar to those you would see on the trans-Canada highway and small secondary highways in Canada in the United States. It'd be completely useless just added in as a piece of eye candy. This isn't in the game however, I just made the two sprites up in GIMP and pasted them ontop of each tile. Theres still a few other things I want to make up when time permits...
farm.png
farm.png (455.98 KiB) Viewed 922 times
I made a right hand turn lane similar to the passing lane as well. Again, useless since trucks wouldn't actually use them but I think it looks pretty cool. I'm not sure if theres a road furniture grf that already has these? I use the dutch road furniture addon and it doesn't appear to have anything like right hand turning lanes.
turn.png
turn.png (74.08 KiB) Viewed 3168 times
Opan
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Opan »

Made another scenic shot. Been playing with GarryG's new Auz Bridges and fiddling with making some of my own road furniture. Seriously Garry I love the steel truss bridge you made. It's got a turn of century style to it that you find all over rivers in Canada due to the age of many railways. Not that I don't enjoy the Total bridge replacement, its just that many of the bridges in that set have a very modern look to them that don't necessarily give the look I like in my games.

Also an unrelated question I have if anyone can answer: is there a way to flip the locomotives of NARS? Like in my screenshot the three GP38's are all facing forwards when I'd like to have the last one facing reverse. I seem to recall a way to do it but it's been so long since I've been playing OTTD that I don't remember. Thanks,
Attachments
Auz Bridges.png
Auz Bridges.png (1.08 MiB) Viewed 922 times

Return to “Screenshots”