[OTTD] Kamnet's Screenshot Thread (Updated June 28, 2016)

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
kamnet

Re: [OTTD] Kamnet's Screenshot Thread (Updated Nov 17 2009)

Post by kamnet »

Thank you for the complements. I'm pretty much done with this game though, I think. I originally started this game long before I started using the grfsets, I went with maglevs simply because I was too impatient to wait for the other trains to plod along when maglevs zipped right by. :-) But I'm pretty bored with it now, even though it's a huge 2048x2048 board. The game is so far along that all of the cities are HUGE and I simply can't build new stations inside the cities without magic bulldozing and building while on pause, and the suffering huge penalties for it.

When I can get back to starting a new game, I'm probably going to start in 2000 again and use electrified railways along with 2cc or American Transition, and I think I'll switch from ECS to FIRS. I love all the industries available in ECS, but the more I play the more I kinda feel like that most of the graphics are geared towards 1880s-1960s gameplay and doesn't fit quite as nice with ISR. If I had even more time and patience, I'd probably chip in some graphics for FIRS to get it finished... I can see some great designs, I suck at putting them to sprites though LOL.

I may also have to go with editing my own map first. I think a lot of my dissatisfaction with all the other games that I've played is that I just happened to get a map with a good placement of towns and industry here, and I've never been able to duplicate that. Also, not being able to have decent looking mountains and rivers is irking me.

Until then, I've found myself Googling for photos of industrial areas to get a better feel of more realistic stations. I'd like to incorporate more road vehicles and ships into future games. Just finished looking over Stanlow Oil Refinery and the docks in Liverpool, England for that, as well as following some of the short-line rail routes serviced by a rail company in my area, R.J. Corman Co, which include a lot of mountainous coal, aggregate and iron/steel transportation routes throughout Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virgina, Kentucky and Tennessee.

Speaking of which, anybody know of a good online map service which follows rail lines? I'm currently using Google Maps but it doesn't outline rail lines, and some of the photos are pretty poor quality in trying to find them.
SonicTTD
Engineer
Engineer

Post by SonicTTD »

Nice Screenshots :)

Where can I get those graphics for the trees and ground?
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

SonicTTD wrote:Nice Screenshots :)

Where can I get those graphics for the trees and ground?
Sorry for the slow reply, been gone off a bit. Both are from SAC: the landscape is her INFRA Landscape collection, and the trees are her infamous "stolen trees".
Kogut
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kogut »

Great stations! But is it possible to make that roads little longer? Now it looks a bit strange. (Red line - suggestion where road can be constructed)
Attachments
Przechwytywanie.PNG
Przechwytywanie.PNG (84.12 KiB) Viewed 7309 times
Correct me If I am wrong - PM me if my English is bad
AIAI - AI for OpenTTD
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

At one time that road went longer, but I did a lot of changes and just hadn't finished tidying that off. The purpose of the road is to finish processing the wood for the paper mill. I wanted a stockpile of wood there to make it look really busy, since normally if I just dropped it off the mill would just pick it up, no stockpile appears. So instead I transfer from the train to the station, and use a small RV to pick up the wood from that station and drive it around the corner to the paper mill.

I really wish there was a decent road set or a tile set that would let me taper that off into a dirt or gravel road (no, I don't like TTRS3's rural roads).
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

New game, new screenies!

In this game I decided to focus only on steam and diesel trains, no electrics, no maglevs. I started it in 1950 and accidentally let it run overnight a few times, so we're now in the year 2139 (LOL). That's okay, it's given me time to grow a lot of towns and industries. Let me say that this has been a VERY fortunate and fortuneous map. By chance of luck several coal mines were set up near several coal plants. Because of this I turned an immediate profit in the first year, paid off my $200,000 loan in the second year and I've never looked back.

You will notice a lot of mixed city sets here - specifically North American Cities, TTRS3, UK Town Set, UK Houses, Early Houses and Swedish Houses. I like the variety of all the building sets. I'm also using Canadian Stations, North American Stations and Japanese Stations, I may add in another set later. For trains I'm using US Train Set and 2CC with North American, South American and Oceanic trains only enabled.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Our first screenshot is of East Livercombe and West Livercombe, two cities that have slowly merged together. Originally these two cities had small terminals, but growing rapidly in the last 50 years thanks in part to a nearby resort, our company found an opportunity to build a central airport and combined terminal between the two towns. Between train and rail, the Livercombe Station shuffles 4000 passengers a day throughout the area, and also connects the towns of Chessness Ridge and St. Luchester Falls.
KAM Global Transport 2 Ltd, 28th Apr 2139.png
KAM Global Transport 2 Ltd, 28th Apr 2139.png (1.08 MiB) Viewed 7122 times
kamnet

Re: [OTTD] Kamnet's Screenshot Thread (Updated March 17, 2010)

Post by kamnet »

The Stanshaw region was where the company first focused much of its energies after the coal mine boom of the 1950s and 1960s. Several complementary industries in this region allowed us to connect them together to produce food and goods for the Livercombe area and the nearby resort.

In this screen shot you can see the city of Stanshaw itself with two terminals - Stanshaw Central Rail Terminal on the north end of town, and the Stanshaw Docks at the south end. The docks pick up and drop off workers for four fishing grounds and four oil rigs on Sendon Lake. To the west of town you see the gigantic Stanshaw Canning Company, which takes in the fish as well as livestock from a few area farms and produces food for Stanshaw and Cheesebrook Marsh, which is near Livercombe.

Also to the north, next to Stanshaw Central is the Stanshaw Goods Corp., which takes in lumber, steel and plastic from nearby industries and creates goods that are distributed in Stanshaw and a few other towns nearby. We have three iron ore mines, two coal mines, and two steel mills which do not yet have service, and we will be connecting them to feed exclusively into SGC. We also have some untapped oil fields in the area that we want to develop. We're also going to fund a new chemical plant to create dyes and refined chemicals. Once we get this going, SGC will most likely set up a second plant to create even new products.
KAM Global Transport 2 Ltd, 16th Mar 2141.png
KAM Global Transport 2 Ltd, 16th Mar 2141.png (895.69 KiB) Viewed 7113 times
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Stanshaw Farms is shown in this next screen shot, it provides all of the products for the Stanshaw Canning Factory nearby. You see two grain farms providing cereals and fiber crops to the livestock farm, and from that point there is a direct rail line into the factory that runs on the southern edge of the power plant. Yes, the city decided to build their power plant right there. But, what else can you do but make money from it? A nearby coal mine plus the four oil rigs on the lake provide nearly 5,000 Mwh of power, it's not much, but it's enough to keep us profitable and busy, and more importantly, the residents of Stanshaw employed!
KAM Global Transport 2 Ltd, 23rd Apr 2142.png
KAM Global Transport 2 Ltd, 23rd Apr 2142.png (943.95 KiB) Viewed 7109 times
Niels Poulsen
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Niels Poulsen »

Hi,

The ships i can see on these screenshot, how and where do i get them, also i have seen some trucks i cant find in the ECS or FIRS grf.

Any help ?
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Niels Poulsen wrote:Hi, The ships i can see on these screenshot, how and where do i get them, also i have seen some trucks i cant find in the ECS or FIRS grf. Any help ?
Neither ECS or FIRS comes with vehicles, they're just industries.

The ships are Michael Blunck's NewShips, although I've now dropped them in favor of andythenorth's FISH. set. The trucks are from George's Long Vehicles set.
kamnet

Re: [OTTD] Kamnet's Screenshot Thread (Updated May 7, 2010)

Post by kamnet »

NEW GAME STARTED ON MAY 7, 2010

I've still not revisited maglevs as I'm having too much fun playing with a mix of NARS2, CanSet 1.0, and the default electric trains. Using ECS Vectors for industries, a slew of town sets (NACS is the most dominant), lots of stations (ISR, Canadian Stations & Japanese Stations mainly), and airports w/ AV8 and Fake Airport.
Attachments
Funhall Orchard was our first industrialized farm in 1932, connecting five other orchards via a feeder system to this centralized farm and orchard. Well into the 22nd Century, this line still uses steam locomotives exclusively to transport fruits to the central warehouse for distribution to a nearby food processor. Visitors love the "olde-tyme" charm of years gone by, as the 30s- and 40s-era buildings are still in tact thanks to the Historic Building Preservation Society.
Funhall Orchard was our first industrialized farm in 1932, connecting five other orchards via a feeder system to this centralized farm and orchard. Well into the 22nd Century, this line still uses steam locomotives exclusively to transport fruits to the central warehouse for distribution to a nearby food processor. Visitors love the "olde-tyme" charm of years gone by, as the 30s- and 40s-era buildings are still in tact thanks to the Historic Building Preservation Society.
FunhallOrchard.png (117.5 KiB) Viewed 6867 times
The town of Farcombe was upset with us for years, claiming that we did not provide sufficient rail services for its passengers. In 1960 they demanded "next century" service, and we came through with the Farcombe Airport complex, along with upgraded electric train service. Today the airport is the regional hub for several cities, with express passenger train service to two nearby towns. Farcombe Airport stays extremely busy, and the city couldn't be happier.
The town of Farcombe was upset with us for years, claiming that we did not provide sufficient rail services for its passengers. In 1960 they demanded "next century" service, and we came through with the Farcombe Airport complex, along with upgraded electric train service. Today the airport is the regional hub for several cities, with express passenger train service to two nearby towns. Farcombe Airport stays extremely busy, and the city couldn't be happier.
FarcombeAirport.png (210.08 KiB) Viewed 6867 times
Aberfood Swamill, in the foothills of the Sundingden region, was the start of providing new goods and services to the fledgling little town of Deadingdey, a suburb of Great Sundingden Green. Starting in the late 1940s, the mill has expanded consistently to keep up with demand, and will soon be adding additional trains to transport more wood in and more process lumber out.
Aberfood Swamill, in the foothills of the Sundingden region, was the start of providing new goods and services to the fledgling little town of Deadingdey, a suburb of Great Sundingden Green. Starting in the late 1940s, the mill has expanded consistently to keep up with demand, and will soon be adding additional trains to transport more wood in and more process lumber out.
AberfoodSwamills.png (186.77 KiB) Viewed 6867 times
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

The Greater Suningden Region..
Attachments
Although Deadingney is the central city in the greater Suningden region, it was quickly dwarfed by the suburb of Great Suningden Greens  once two gold fields were discovered to the northwest of the region and the railroads built lines and stations in that area. As GSG's southern boundary expanded quickly, it was decided to build a dual-station facility on the borders of both towns. Today the towns have a combined 115,000 citizens, and the GSG&D Central Station not only continues to process the gold from the nearby mines, but transports citizens and mail to the city of Feedhattan and the GSG Municipal Airport, the second largest in the state.
Although Deadingney is the central city in the greater Suningden region, it was quickly dwarfed by the suburb of Great Suningden Greens once two gold fields were discovered to the northwest of the region and the railroads built lines and stations in that area. As GSG's southern boundary expanded quickly, it was decided to build a dual-station facility on the borders of both towns. Today the towns have a combined 115,000 citizens, and the GSG&D Central Station not only continues to process the gold from the nearby mines, but transports citizens and mail to the city of Feedhattan and the GSG Municipal Airport, the second largest in the state.
GreatSuningdenAndDeadingneyCentral.png (222.67 KiB) Viewed 6863 times
In the northeast corner of Great Suningden Greens is the GSG Municipal Airport. Having expanded twice since it was started in the mid-1960s, the majority of the airlines' passenger and mail service between the Fort Laringleigh Metropolitan Airport. A small amount of passengers are also shuttled to a nearby tourist attraction, as well as express passenger train service to Feedhattan Airport, which corners the southeast sides of both SGS and Deadingney.
In the northeast corner of Great Suningden Greens is the GSG Municipal Airport. Having expanded twice since it was started in the mid-1960s, the majority of the airlines' passenger and mail service between the Fort Laringleigh Metropolitan Airport. A small amount of passengers are also shuttled to a nearby tourist attraction, as well as express passenger train service to Feedhattan Airport, which corners the southeast sides of both SGS and Deadingney.
GreatSuningdenAirport.png (150.13 KiB) Viewed 6863 times
Feedhattan Airport and Terminal sits on the south side of the GSG metro area. The airport is mainly used for quick passenger shuttle service to GSG Airport and to transport goods from the Deadingney Woods Industrial Park to nearby cities. The train terminal provides passenger and mail service between GSG Airport, GSG&D Central, and the towns of Prondfield and Mindean.
Feedhattan Airport and Terminal sits on the south side of the GSG metro area. The airport is mainly used for quick passenger shuttle service to GSG Airport and to transport goods from the Deadingney Woods Industrial Park to nearby cities. The train terminal provides passenger and mail service between GSG Airport, GSG&D Central, and the towns of Prondfield and Mindean.
FeedhattanAirport.png (129.31 KiB) Viewed 6863 times
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

More of the GSG region...
Attachments
Deadingney Woods Industrial Park is our largest industrial park venture to date, with the anchor businesses being two furniture manufacturers and a handful of small mom-and-pop manufacturers. The majority of the goods are distributed via truck to the six cities that make up the GSG region, however upgrades and improvements to the incoming rail lines and trains themselves has allowed capacity to increase to the point where the park is able to distribute goods to outside the region, with the primary market being the Fort Larningleigh Metro area.<br /><br />Bounding the Industrial Park's western edge is the Prodfield Woods Terminal, providing express passenger and mail service between Prodfield and Feedhattan.
Deadingney Woods Industrial Park is our largest industrial park venture to date, with the anchor businesses being two furniture manufacturers and a handful of small mom-and-pop manufacturers. The majority of the goods are distributed via truck to the six cities that make up the GSG region, however upgrades and improvements to the incoming rail lines and trains themselves has allowed capacity to increase to the point where the park is able to distribute goods to outside the region, with the primary market being the Fort Larningleigh Metro area.

Bounding the Industrial Park's western edge is the Prodfield Woods Terminal, providing express passenger and mail service between Prodfield and Feedhattan.
DeadingeyWoodsAndProdfieldWoods.png (164.32 KiB) Viewed 6860 times
To the northwest of GSG is the Little Suningden Power Plant, taking in coal from four mines in the area and generating 5,000+ megawatts of power a we add more trains from the mines. These people need power!
To the northwest of GSG is the Little Suningden Power Plant, taking in coal from four mines in the area and generating 5,000+ megawatts of power a we add more trains from the mines. These people need power!
LittleSuningdenCoalPlant.png (186.15 KiB) Viewed 6860 times
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Fort Larningleigh Metropolitan Area...
Attachments
The Fort Laringleigh Metropolitan Area also benefited greatly from the gold rush of the 1940s. Although gold was originally brought in by train to Peandenn, it was Lenstable that profited the most when a great gold mine was discovered on the outer-most edge of the region. Here we see the two original gold trains getting ready to pass each other on the spiral that takes the trains under the region and then into the Fort Larningleigh Airport, the central distribution hub of the region.
The Fort Laringleigh Metropolitan Area also benefited greatly from the gold rush of the 1940s. Although gold was originally brought in by train to Peandenn, it was Lenstable that profited the most when a great gold mine was discovered on the outer-most edge of the region. Here we see the two original gold trains getting ready to pass each other on the spiral that takes the trains under the region and then into the Fort Larningleigh Airport, the central distribution hub of the region.
FortLarningleighGoldTrainsNearBruntwood.png (195.21 KiB) Viewed 6857 times
Peanden sits to the north of the metroplex, a city of 30,000 people with a sprawling suburban area. Peanden Terminal is the first passenger service we built, and for years was the north head of a very busy, crowded and messy rail network that crossed lines with the gold trains and was the site of several major crashes due to train breakdown caused by the extreme changes in topology. It took decades of wrangling between Peanden, Bruntwood, Lenstable and Fort Laringleigh to cede land to the railroad so that we could straighten out the lines. In the process we were finally able to build the Peanden Rail Service Yard to service the gold trains as well as passenger and mail trains traveling between Peanden, Bruntwood, Fort Laringleigh, Lenstable and occasionally Winddown.
Peanden sits to the north of the metroplex, a city of 30,000 people with a sprawling suburban area. Peanden Terminal is the first passenger service we built, and for years was the north head of a very busy, crowded and messy rail network that crossed lines with the gold trains and was the site of several major crashes due to train breakdown caused by the extreme changes in topology. It took decades of wrangling between Peanden, Bruntwood, Lenstable and Fort Laringleigh to cede land to the railroad so that we could straighten out the lines. In the process we were finally able to build the Peanden Rail Service Yard to service the gold trains as well as passenger and mail trains traveling between Peanden, Bruntwood, Fort Laringleigh, Lenstable and occasionally Winddown.
PeandenAndPeandenYards.png (154.47 KiB) Viewed 6857 times
The Fort Laringleigh Metropolitan Airport is the largest in the state, and came about as the result of the aforementioned decades of argument between the cities in the region. The land straddles the borders of Fort Laringleigh, Peanden and Lenstable, and is slowly growing to the west towards Tillyway. Express passenger and mail train service is provided between the terminal and Nantshaw Ridge to the south of the region, with a feeder tram service shuttling passengers and mail between the airport terminal and the combined Lenstable &amp; Fort Laringleigh stop to the east of the airport. Flights come in from nearly every airport in the state, with the majority of flights from Great Suningden Green to the north and Winddown to the southeast. <br /><br />The two gold trains come from the hills to the northeast of the region, and the Tillyway Gold Mine sits due-west of the facility's grounds. All gold in this part of the region comes into the airport for distribution to the banks. We are preparing to break ground on a new intermodal train facility to the west between the current airport and the Tillyway Gold Mine. Once completed, the Tillyway Gold Mine will transport gold via an guarded tramway system that will run under the airport grounds to a secure facility, and rails will be connected to bring in food and goods from the regions producers for distribution within the metroplex.
The Fort Laringleigh Metropolitan Airport is the largest in the state, and came about as the result of the aforementioned decades of argument between the cities in the region. The land straddles the borders of Fort Laringleigh, Peanden and Lenstable, and is slowly growing to the west towards Tillyway. Express passenger and mail train service is provided between the terminal and Nantshaw Ridge to the south of the region, with a feeder tram service shuttling passengers and mail between the airport terminal and the combined Lenstable & Fort Laringleigh stop to the east of the airport. Flights come in from nearly every airport in the state, with the majority of flights from Great Suningden Green to the north and Winddown to the southeast.

The two gold trains come from the hills to the northeast of the region, and the Tillyway Gold Mine sits due-west of the facility's grounds. All gold in this part of the region comes into the airport for distribution to the banks. We are preparing to break ground on a new intermodal train facility to the west between the current airport and the Tillyway Gold Mine. Once completed, the Tillyway Gold Mine will transport gold via an guarded tramway system that will run under the airport grounds to a secure facility, and rails will be connected to bring in food and goods from the regions producers for distribution within the metroplex.
FortLarningleighAirport.png (167.28 KiB) Viewed 6857 times
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Interesting, but how come you have a bunch of default vehicles mixed in with your trains and aircraft?
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

I like lots of variety and plus I'm just too lazy to sort out the stuff that I'm not really using. For example I started out the first 4-5 years with just Kirby Paul's running coal routes to build up cash. As time went on I upgraded my freights to the Canadian Royal Hudson, then the US Big Boy. When the big diesels came I played with many of the GE engines in single and multi-train. When I upgraded to electric I went with the AsiaStar, but after finding none of my wagons could go over 100 MPH, I decided to drop back down to the SH125 diesels since I liked their look, I'll probably end up going back to the GE Genesis for most of them.

For my passenger trains I started out with the Kirby Pauls, upgraded a few of them to the Big Boy, and then let that lag for years until I decided to jump to the Turbo Train and then recently upgraded those to the HSE-10. For the planes, I generally pick the most capacity I can given the size of the smallest airport I'm sending it to. For awhile I had switched from AV8 to WAS, but decided to switch back to AV8 and the default planes just recently. So it's a jumble, I'm sure. In general, I'm either selecting vehicles because of capacity, or because I think they just look nice. I'm not a purist by any means, and I don't generally have any type of game play in mind, so there's no telling what I'll end up throwing in there, honestly.
bwong
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by bwong »

me really likes!
Check out some of my work
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

NEW UPDATES: June 13, 2010

Some updated screenshots from my current game, now in the year 2370 (or so? I don't keep track). I've been focusing on building upon the Great Suningden Green area, which has now grown to over 300,000 people and is becoming a booming metropolis. Passenger rail service now stretches across twelve cities, and I've worked hard to try to pull in more of the surrounding industries that have started up. There are now four grain farms in the region, most of which provide grain and fiber crops for six livestock farms, one grain farm is providing excess grain to a local food production plant. The livestock farms are doing quite well, sending livestock to a regional cannery, and the wool being split between two textile mills. A vehicle production plant has also opened up, which finally allowed me an easy way to tap into a very idle steel mill and several iron ore and coal mines in the region, the mill was so busy that we had to build a second one, they now pump out over 3000 tons of steel a month. The GSG Refinery has also expanded by leaps in bounds, pulling in all the oil it can from two oil fields - one in the middle of GSG, and one in the middle of Feedhattan. Of course, back when those fields were started in 1920, there was nothing but forest around them. It's amazing how they've yet to be exhausted (and, well, it helps when you turn off industry shutdowns in ECS too *LOL*).

Let's take you to some screen shots!
An overall look at the Great Suningden Greens region, with Feedhattan, Deadingney, Prondfield, Old Feadton, Mindean, Pedchurch and Wruntwood all visible.  Connected cities not seen include Aberford to the east, Lewissay Bridge and Trechester Falls to the west, and Loninghill and Trepool to the northwest.
An overall look at the Great Suningden Greens region, with Feedhattan, Deadingney, Prondfield, Old Feadton, Mindean, Pedchurch and Wruntwood all visible. Connected cities not seen include Aberford to the east, Lewissay Bridge and Trechester Falls to the west, and Loninghill and Trepool to the northwest.
Gintchester Falls Transport, 2370-04-05.png (1.12 MiB) Viewed 6626 times
If you remember Deadingney Woods' industrial area, it had started to become quite crowded, with five companies all operating their own stations. It only got worse over time, gridlock everywhere! <br /><br />After a huge fire in the 2240, the GSG Regional Authority put their foot down, and their pocketbooks followed. A large intermodal station was built to allow smooth roll-in/roll-out transition of trains, and plenty of overhead cranes to load and unload containers. Nary a bit of gridlock now!
If you remember Deadingney Woods' industrial area, it had started to become quite crowded, with five companies all operating their own stations. It only got worse over time, gridlock everywhere!

After a huge fire in the 2240, the GSG Regional Authority put their foot down, and their pocketbooks followed. A large intermodal station was built to allow smooth roll-in/roll-out transition of trains, and plenty of overhead cranes to load and unload containers. Nary a bit of gridlock now!
deadingney-woods-intermodal.png (204 KiB) Viewed 6626 times
The old Prondfield Woods passenger station that was on the edge of Deadingney Woods was pretty much destroyed in that fire (which was started after a passenger train collided with a train of fuel oil due to a signal malfunction).  The station was moved from the north end of the city to the south end, and at the same time expanded to four tracks to accomodate the town of Old Feadton, which gladly exchanged some of its land for track rights. People immediately flocked to Old Feadton, making it the newest and fastest growing bedroom community to the GSG area. The combined Prondfield/Feadton terminal runs underneath parts of Prondfield, Feadton, Pedchurch and Deadingney to reach the Feedhattan Airport terminal.
The old Prondfield Woods passenger station that was on the edge of Deadingney Woods was pretty much destroyed in that fire (which was started after a passenger train collided with a train of fuel oil due to a signal malfunction). The station was moved from the north end of the city to the south end, and at the same time expanded to four tracks to accomodate the town of Old Feadton, which gladly exchanged some of its land for track rights. People immediately flocked to Old Feadton, making it the newest and fastest growing bedroom community to the GSG area. The combined Prondfield/Feadton terminal runs underneath parts of Prondfield, Feadton, Pedchurch and Deadingney to reach the Feedhattan Airport terminal.
prondfield.png (350.51 KiB) Viewed 6626 times
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Feedhattan Airport also underwent some renovations since the last time we looked. More land was bought, and the above-ground rail station was moved to the west, closer to the center of town. <br /><br />Yes, I said above ground terminal. Because in an effort to provide some more green space and expansion for the airport, three underground terminals were built, thanks to the generous efforts of architect Freak_NL's beautiful &quot;Subway Stations Disguised As Parks&quot; project. <br /><br />As a good chunk of the airport property is now used for transporting mail and goods via air, a cargo terminal was built on the eastern edge of the airport. The airport rail terminal has added the town of Aberford since this time.
Feedhattan Airport also underwent some renovations since the last time we looked. More land was bought, and the above-ground rail station was moved to the west, closer to the center of town.

Yes, I said above ground terminal. Because in an effort to provide some more green space and expansion for the airport, three underground terminals were built, thanks to the generous efforts of architect Freak_NL's beautiful "Subway Stations Disguised As Parks" project.

As a good chunk of the airport property is now used for transporting mail and goods via air, a cargo terminal was built on the eastern edge of the airport. The airport rail terminal has added the town of Aberford since this time.
feedhattan-airport.png (1.01 MiB) Viewed 6621 times
The GSG airport has also undergone some major, but subtle, changes. To the west (circled in red) Freak_NL was also called upon to implement his subway parks to expand passenger rail service. Two lines service Loninghill and Trepool to the north, and two lines service Lewissay Bridge to the south.
The GSG airport has also undergone some major, but subtle, changes. To the west (circled in red) Freak_NL was also called upon to implement his subway parks to expand passenger rail service. Two lines service Loninghill and Trepool to the north, and two lines service Lewissay Bridge to the south.
gsg-airport.png (887.75 KiB) Viewed 6621 times
You may have noticed some new sheds in the last few screenshots. The GSG Regional Authority felt that their current train depots were not reflective of the beauty and grace of the modern Great Suningden Green region. They hired in another architect, Supermop, to develop a new &quot;Modular Locomotive Sheds&quot; which was both efficient and wonderful to look at. The buildings are clean and glistening on the outside, and there's plenty of skylights to let the sunshine in! No more dark, dank skunkworks of the old world! <br /><br />To the east, the GSG Refinery has grown by leaps and bounds. It started off simply providing fuels to the GSG Airport, but business became so booming that eventually it expanded to rail service to provide fuels to depots in Deadingney Woods, Loninghill, Parnham, and Overding Bridge. Over a million gallons of fuel of month is produced, and there's another million sitting in the tanks still waiting to be shipped out. However, all of the above terminals are distributing fuel at high capacity. The refinery is looking to open new fuel depots in Mindean, Lewissay Bridge, Trechester Falls, and Dinbrook Marsh. Parnham recently opened a second facility, hoping to use it to anchor an industrial park. However, the current rail lines in the area are nearly over-saturated. It may be awhile before they get their wish.
You may have noticed some new sheds in the last few screenshots. The GSG Regional Authority felt that their current train depots were not reflective of the beauty and grace of the modern Great Suningden Green region. They hired in another architect, Supermop, to develop a new "Modular Locomotive Sheds" which was both efficient and wonderful to look at. The buildings are clean and glistening on the outside, and there's plenty of skylights to let the sunshine in! No more dark, dank skunkworks of the old world!

To the east, the GSG Refinery has grown by leaps and bounds. It started off simply providing fuels to the GSG Airport, but business became so booming that eventually it expanded to rail service to provide fuels to depots in Deadingney Woods, Loninghill, Parnham, and Overding Bridge. Over a million gallons of fuel of month is produced, and there's another million sitting in the tanks still waiting to be shipped out. However, all of the above terminals are distributing fuel at high capacity. The refinery is looking to open new fuel depots in Mindean, Lewissay Bridge, Trechester Falls, and Dinbrook Marsh. Parnham recently opened a second facility, hoping to use it to anchor an industrial park. However, the current rail lines in the area are nearly over-saturated. It may be awhile before they get their wish.
gsg-train-fuel-depot.png (130.41 KiB) Viewed 6621 times
By the way, since I couldn't place them in the comments:

Freak_NL's Subways Disguised As Parks project

Supermop's Modular Locomotive Shed project.

Go try them both out!

Return to “Screenshots”