Wasila's Screenies - British Rail

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
bwong
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: Wasila's Screenies [UPDATE - NEW STYLE!]

Post by bwong »

LOL! I think a bridge that didnt have anything sticking out would be better.
Check out some of my work
Dave

Post by Dave »

Wasila wrote:Apparently my screenies aren't doing as well as I hoped. What am I doing wrong? What can I improve? All suggestions would be appreciated :D.
I wouldn't worry about that - I post some absolute beasts on here and they don't get responses, a simple one train shot and others love it. Guess it's all about personal taste. I do often compliment a screenshot thread, but rarely individual screenies.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Gord
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Gord »

I like the suspension bridge in the forest!

Don't worry. I get a few replies to my thread now and again but not that often . But I see the view counts go up and that makes me want to share more.
Wasila
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wasila »

Things will be a little slower now with Civ V and my increased workload. I'll try and get an update up this weekend. Thanks for the encouragement!

So how do you think I should continue from here? Should I go with my descriptive, story-line approach or go more picture-heavy?
Wasila
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wasila »

"GlobalTrans out! GlobalTrans out!" The jeering and catcalling faded into the background as two men, each carrying a dozen flyers, moved away from the new station. "Good turnout, considering the heat," the first man said (in Russian). "Yeah, I..." a woman was walking past, her head bent low as she shuffled past them. She was acting strangely... it didn't take much to figure out why that was. Her ticket fluttered out of her bag and she immediately snatched after it, desperately reaching out for the little piece of paper. The men got there first.

"A one-way to New York City?" the second man scoffed. "Traiterous..." he surged forwards, only held back by the first man. "Leave her. She's not worth it."
"You're right," the second man said, ripping up the ticket. "Wha...bu...I spent my life savings on that ticket!" the woman shouted, but it was too late. The two men were gone. She looked around wildly for someone to help her, but there was none. The streets of central Minsk were bare; everyone, for one reason or another, was at the station.
GlobalTrans, 8th Sep 1974.png
(339.41 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Part of the new Kiev-Moscow line. Notice the rival line currently under construction.

New York City? How do you catch a train to New York City? You don't...

London. A few years earlier. The situation could not be more different. A second, outer tramline has been built, to great acclaim. When one of the western stations was named 'Heathrow Express', it became obvious that something was up. Two shiny new airports later and it all became obvious. Heathrow Terminal 1 was filled to the brim as excited masses watched the first GlobalTrans planes take off into the sunset, heading straight for the New World. No one could doubt that the Transport Revolution had truly arrived as an identical scene took place, over three thousand miles away. A couple of years later and nine planes were serving the route, with London becoming an air hub with further services to Dublin and Turin. Profits soared, and the Air Division is already raking in £500,000 per annum (trains bring in £3m).
GlobalTrans, 27th Sep 1974.png
(274.36 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Heathrow Airport, with an extremely high capacity metro line connecting it with London.
GlobalTrans, 3rd Oct 1974.png
(307.54 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
And finally, shenanigans in New Delhi. The map on the bottom right explains all - New Delhi is now, after great pressure - regional and national, connected to the network, with trains to Bangalore in the south as well as the Dacca terminus. I will update the map tomorrow.
John_Smith
Chairman
Chairman

Post by John_Smith »

Hi, very good photos, don't worry about the number of people looking at this topic if you do you will go insane, you will never get the numbers like other games. However I do have a few comments to make:

You place your train station on the outside of towns and have no connection to the centre or far side of that town. If you place the stations on the out skids a good bus link is need to the take the population to the station. This also links into that you have no city transport, you cover intercity travel in excellent way but once a person get to one of your station there is no links to the rest of the city or one part of the city to another.

Again great job, keep the photos coming.
JS.
I not an boring person, I just get excited over boring things.
Wasila
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wasila »

Hi, very good photos, don't worry about the number of people looking at this topic if you do you will go insane, you will never get the numbers like other games. However I do have a few comments to make:
Thanks. I suppose your right; it's almost worth it just to come back in three months and see a record of what I did on my corrupted savegames.
If you place the stations on the out skids a good bus link is need to the take the population to the station. This also links into that you have no city transport, you cover intercity travel in excellent way but once a person get to one of your station there is no links to the rest of the city or one part of the city to another.
Interesting you should mention that. Really, I can't be bothered to set up tram routes in all my cities, and I thought that for the ones where I do have them they would make for uninteresting screenshots.
GlobalTrans, 10th Sep 1974.png
(305.16 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Is this the kind of thing you're looking for? Two circular tram lines, connected up at St. Pancras International.
Wasila
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wasila »

Network map updated.
GlobalTrans, 6th Jun 1977.png
(190.62 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Also this. Paris is more interesting than it looks on the map.
Attachments
GlobalTrans Network Map New.png
GlobalTrans Network Map New.png (31.78 KiB) Viewed 497 times
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

show holland lolz, randstad :)
Wasila
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wasila »

I forgot to label the eastern cities :o.
Updated map attached.
show holland lolz, randstad :)
I didn't make this map :P. I suppose the map creator wanted to stick all of Holland into one so he used the urban term for all the major cities.
GlobalTrans, 13th Jun 1977.png
(358.86 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Randstad-Holland. The train coming in from the east is an express train (yes, I know there are no through-tracks. Station upgrades are planned ;)).
Attachments
GlobalTrans Network Map New.png
GlobalTrans Network Map New.png (35.5 KiB) Viewed 497 times
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

hehe i dont mind, just a supersized city with a small station, oh well, thx for it anyway :)
Wasila
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wasila »

It's not that supersized - London is double the size.

But yeah, the line that goes through the city is way undercapacity. Blame Paris for that - it's completely full but some stupid bug won't let me demolish the roads next door to expand - and expanding that line will excarberate the problem. I may move the London-Paris connection to terminate at Gare de Lyon, which would free up a lot of space.
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

do control+alt+c opening the cheat menu, look for "magic bulldozer" and you can destroy anything with 1 click
John_Smith
Chairman
Chairman

Post by John_Smith »

Yes good point, buses TTD photo are not going to make into the top ten most dramatic photo of 2010 or any year, I think there are more important gobal issues. By the way nice network map, keep the posts coming.
JS.
I not an boring person, I just get excited over boring things.
Wasila
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wasila »

My internet is being incredibly up and down lately and I have a largish update waiting in the wings, but right now things are too slow to even think about uploading pictures.
do control+alt+c opening the cheat menu, look for "magic bulldozer" and you can destroy anything with 1 click
I was trying to hold this off (which is why I moved London-Paris to Gare de Lyon), but I have now used said bulldozer to upgrade Randstad-Holland.

I'm not gone, don't worry :wink:
Wasila
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wasila »

It's back! My internet exploded on Sunday and, since most of my free time on the computer is spent on said internet, I was left with a largish vacuum of things to do for a while... I'm sure you can guess what I did.

Of absolutely no consequence whatsoever, quite a lot has been going on in the world of GlobalTrans. Firstly, a large number of stations have received desperately needed overhauls.
GlobalTrans, 30th Jun 1982#1.png
(231.02 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
The Randstad-Holland design has also been copied across the Rhein-Ruhr - Kiev route.
GlobalTrans, 8th Dec 1983#1.png
(34.93 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
This, a matter of interest, is the actual network as it stands. The smaller lines in the Middle East are lucrative oil routes.
GlobalTrans, 8th Dec 1983.png
(37.23 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Also this. Need I say more?
Wasila
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wasila »

Seriously, that was stupid. I cheated with magic bulldozer and everything and it turns on I had 'allow removal of more town-owned roads' switched OFF!

Also, I'm interested in building a cargo network but I somehow never get it to work - I don't see the point because I just link up two nearish industries and those are separate from others. Tips?
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

I always look to use existing lines when connecting industries and tend to dismiss those that need a lot of new track laid. I also try to use an industry chain to its fullest, from the raw materials to the processed products through to the final "goods" product. You'll soon find yourself connecting as many raw materials as possible to maximise the final production.
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
Wasila
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wasila »

Do you tend to share track between passengers and cargo or not?

Also I will have an interesting update coming out probably not tonight but tomorrow night...
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Wasila wrote:Do you tend to share track between passengers and cargo or not?
Badger wrote:I always look to use existing lines when connecting industries
That would be a "yes" then...
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||

Return to “Screenshots”