Show us your network maps

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Circeus
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Show us your network maps

Post by Circeus »

(Not sure if this is the best place to put such a topic. Mods, feel free to move it to a more appropriate forum/subforum)

People around the forum have very differing styles in showing network schematics. This topic is for showcase of these works.

ETA: New and improved version. This time the Sendinghattan orange link was made with superposing pieces (the right-hand connector is CPICrr)
Attachments
On this map, pink = future features and orange = tramway. It is NOT by any factor proportional.<br /><br />For example, Flunningpool is actually not that far from Wennley tram station.
On this map, pink = future features and orange = tramway. It is NOT by any factor proportional.

For example, Flunningpool is actually not that far from Wennley tram station.
network.gif (10.46 KiB) Viewed 41547 times
Last edited by Circeus on 15 Jan 2009 17:01, edited 1 time in total.
Hypolite
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Show us your network maps

Post by Hypolite »

I've already seen questions about the way of making such nice network plans in [OTTD] New Japan Transit Company, so I add my brick too : is there a simple way for non-photoshoppers to make such plans ?
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

Circeus, how did you manage to build that? Those are the symbols the wikipedia pages use if im right. Either way, looks damn nice!
(British) Modular Stations Set - Thread: | Website:
Swiss Set - Thread: | Website:
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread
Circeus
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Circeus »

jvassie wrote:Circeus, how did you manage to build that? Those are the symbols the wikipedia pages use if im right. Either way, looks damn nice!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Circeus/oddities

I found the orange symbols on Commons (http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Categ ... set_orange), they are from ru:wiki. There is in fact no "CPICle orange" symbol, a bit of screenshot editing magic was involved.

A (not entirely complete) catalog is at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia: ... m_template (I just noticed about the possibility to put stuff on both sides, but the diagonal connection techniques are VERY poorly documented).
Last edited by Circeus on 15 Jan 2009 16:02, edited 1 time in total.
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

Also, here is one of mine that I have made, it's not as high quality unfortunately, but then again, neither is MS Paint :P
Attachments
Route Map.PNG
(53.95 KiB) Downloaded 516 times
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread
Hypolite
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hypolite »

Neat !

Great idea to use Wikipedia icons for transport line representation !

There even is a software mentioned on the Wikipedia:Route diagram template page, called Spoorstrip.
JamieLei
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JamieLei »

My network map from the New Japan Transit Company:

http://www.tt-forums.net/download/file.php?id=104361
Any opinions expressed are purely mine and not that of any employer, past or present.
Nite Owl
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Nite Owl »

This was made with Paint Shop Pro for an old game of mine. I have made similar maps using the drawing tools in MS Paint and MS Word. It all depends on how fancy you need to get to accomplish your goals. I usually use such maps as building plans and, once the building is complete, to keep track of which lines go to what towns. Please note that the map is not to scale and that it does not show freight lines or terrain features.
Attachments
Planning Map 01.png
Planning Map 01.png (9.21 KiB) Viewed 8065 times
Humor is the second most subjective thing on the planet
------------------------------------------------------------
Brevity is the soul of wit and obscenity is its downfall
--------------------------------------------------------
Good Night And Good Luck - Read You Soon
beeb375
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by beeb375 »

“Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The ‘x’ makes it sound cool.”
beeb375
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by beeb375 »

Haha, oddly enough, a small bit of it was edited in Photoshop! I forgot to write the name on one of the stations, so I got a pen-ish texture and wrote it in on the computer, Badnor End was the station I think. Also moved some lines to make them more neat, I think it's an awesome result XD
“Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The ‘x’ makes it sound cool.”
Circeus
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Circeus »

beeb375 wrote:Haha, oddly enough, a small bit of it was edited in Photoshop! I forgot to write the name on one of the stations, so I got a pen-ish texture and wrote it in on the computer, Badnor End was the station I think. Also moved some lines to make them more neat, I think it's an awesome result XD
Looks like it. It lacks several artefacts that names have. For my part, this is the final version of the map in my first post (actual editing was required for Marthwyth/Kensall Green, as well as the arrow near Nindhattan). I decided to strip out secondary features. I could have gotten away with ripping out the one-way track from Drenninghead to Chetston (Woods) and adding a Signal Box between Mumble Hill Jct and Gudworth, but I liked the challenge :p. With this I have connected all the cities on the map and will likely forego playing it anymore, as I am not all that good at making large network actually function (also, way too much trees nowadays :P)
Attachments
network.gif
network.gif (8.5 KiB) Viewed 41268 times
Artamir
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Artamir »

Hypolite wrote:Neat !

Great idea to use Wikipedia icons for transport line representation !

There even is a software mentioned on the Wikipedia:Route diagram template page, called Spoorstrip.
Very nice idea :D
Come to Barcelona
(Shots from my savegame with 24 hours timetables)
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

I had a little experimenting with that program from wikipedia and here is my result. This is a part of a #openttdcoop game which has no plan at all and thus I could do everything I wanted. It is a one (actually two) to many distribution of goods, the goods are produced at the two refinaries at the top.
Attachments
DevgameCargodestNorthernGoodsMap.png
DevgameCargodestNorthernGoodsMap.png (4.32 KiB) Viewed 41041 times
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

Huzzah, double post.

And here is the metro network from the same area. It doesn't go as far as the refineries though.
Attachments
DevgameCargodestNorthernBranhillMetroMap.png
DevgameCargodestNorthernBranhillMetroMap.png (5.48 KiB) Viewed 40998 times
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
BTA90
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by BTA90 »

One question about that program, Spoorstrip, when you made a file like you did, how can you make it into a png-file like yours?
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

Not sure if there is built in feature (one assumes so) other than that, the trusty print-screen will never fail :)
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread
The Irish
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by The Irish »

Hi,
Any chance of pm me the spoorstrip software? I sent a mail to the gmail address mentioned on the wiki, but so far, I have not received anything back.

Thanks.
*** Ce French Train Set ***
*** Visit my transport related pictures on Flickr ***
ImageImageImageImageImage
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
"A committee is a group of men who individually can do nothing but as a group decide that nothing can be done" (Fred Allen 1894-1956 US radio comic).
BTA90
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by BTA90 »

It depends on whether he's checked his e-mail yet, I had a response within half an hour, maybe he's overloaded with requests because of this topic... :wink: And pm will be difficult, it´s quite a bunch of files to send, every symbol apart will take more time I guess...
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

BTA90 wrote:One question about that program, Spoorstrip, when you made a file like you did, how can you make it into a png-file like yours?
I edit a wikipedia page and hit "Show preview", take a screenshot and cut it down to the apropriate size. Don't save the pages though when you're not using the page that was specially designed for it, people will not like you.

Return to “Screenshots”