So I've decided to nick s*** from someone.
This map is old as balls, and was a common map design during TTDPatch. Since you couldn't make maps bigger than 256x256, you had to improvise, and thus, the Long Map was born.
So, what have I done? I've loaded Rai's old scenario, saved it as a height map, and made a bunch of quick and dirty changes to bring it in line with OpenTTD standards.
What can you do with this map? Pretty much close to anything. In fact, if you will check my first screenshots in here, they were on a longmap that Danmack made.
You're free to do whatever with this heightmap. I've debated making a scenario public, but that would be a headache to ensure grf compatibility and all that fun jazz.
Oh yeah, last thing, ships would make this a bit OP-ish and map size should be 256x256
- Longmap Heightmap.png (5.77 KiB) Viewed 3725 times
So the beach train and the express crashed, never let the mainline be used to shunt an engine.
At least I have a 0-6-0 freight in reserve, I can gang press that into service.
Running on a shoe string budget here.
- Parker & Co., May 7th, 1925.png
- (733.86 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Pikka's Basic Industry and daylight do NOT get along well.
I've moved into air, and it reminds me and sorta saddens me on how early aviation with AV8 gets the short end of the stick.
anyway, at least the company makes money.
- (1.16 MiB) Not downloaded yet
decided to see how high I can raise production rates in FIRS.
My Iron Ore mines are producing 3,000 tons a month.
Day length is up by 10, so it's not that bad. At least it gives me a reason to use MASSIVE SHIPS without feeling guilty.
And yes, you read that right, 16,000 tons of metal a month. My metal trains take the metal to the metal plant across the map, refit to goods, and bring those good back to the yard for freighters to take to the port to produce more engineering supply to send to the mines to produce more coal and iron ore so I can make more metal to make more goods
It's a self feeding loop.
- Black & Co., Oct 22nd, 1916.png
- it has ballooned
- (134.98 KiB) Not downloaded yet
- Black & Co., Mar 2nd, 1916.png
- How to scream at a yard without really trying
- (621.78 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I regret picking such a small map, it's only been "16 years" but the map is packed up.
- Black & Co., May 12th, 1917#1.png
- The yard for Nagastani, utter mess next to the station, but it runs efficiently.
- (786.71 KiB) Not downloaded yet
- Black & Co., May 12th, 1917#2.png
- The Clay pit at Massama. Another mess, and one that feeds massive ocean going ships and trains to export the clay out
- (875.95 KiB) Not downloaded yet
- Black & Co., May 12th, 1917.png
- the Lipsand Tarn Bypass and the old freight line can be seen in here, along with the high narrow gauge line over it all. 14 tile long metal/goods trains move through here. God help me
- (844.54 KiB) Not downloaded yet
granted, the first electric engine in Iron Horse is sorta eh, but the wires will go up.
- Black & Co., Jul 19th, 1920#1.png
- The two Broadway Limiteds meet at Lipsand Tarn. The fastest trains under the wire, they are on track to be the biggest money makers for the Corridor.
- (884.83 KiB) Not downloaded yet
- Black & Co., Jul 19th, 1920#2.png
- A list of all the named trains of the company. If you see one that catches your attention, let us know for a complementary brochure on the train.
- (655.28 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Welcome to hell in the cell.
I can get more pictures, or you can gaze at how my metros make a 15 million dollar loss a year.
- oh god man was not meant to build this
- (262.71 KiB) Not downloaded yet
- This is probably the most inefficient station on the network. 25 trains stop here. 10 platforms. it still jams.
- (2.91 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Squid Ate FISH (ships) (Released) | CHIPS Has Improved Players' Stations (Finished)
Iron Horse (trains, released) | Termite (tracks for Iron Horse, released) | Busy Bee (game script, released)
Road Hog (road vehicles, released)
It's the AI fault. Roadrunner decided that between three stations, it needed to send 168 out of the maximum of 500 vehicles it's allowed to have to Wordsley.
And only built one drive through for each station.
Backlog was so bad that I cheated, switched companies and cleared up/fixed the mess.
Hasbury is the nearby passenger station, with many services calling there, including two long distance luxury trains, two high speed trains that don't run on the conventional HS1 from Tipton to Witmore Reans, many all stoppers on both the Central mainline and Coastal route, the Fast Mails, and two DMUs connecting the airport and the small harbor town of Brandhall.
- National Rail, Jan 30th, 2053#1.png
- This would be the Wordsley mess.
- (899.13 KiB) Not downloaded yet
- National Rail, Jan 30th, 2053#3.png
- and Hasbury nearby.
- (1.18 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest