EXTspotter's Screen Adventures

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
EXTspotter
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: EXTspotter's Screen Adventures

Post by EXTspotter »

I have continued to play on this map, and with the completion of the South West Main Line and the West of England Main Line I have now reached the southwest corner of the map. The station where these lines split is where this next screenshot is take, Basingstoke.

At platform 2 is a pair of class 159s departing towards London Waterloo on its service from Exeter St Davids, next stop, Woking.
At platform 3 is a trio of class 450s arriving from Hook as part of its stopping service from London Waterloo to Poole.
At platform 4 is a trio of class 159s departing for Whitchurch (Hampshire) as part of its journey from London Waterloo to Salisbury.
South West Trains, 7th Nov 2180.png
South West Trains, 7th Nov 2180.png (279.91 KiB) Viewed 4687 times
broodje
Director
Director

Post by broodje »

Ah, good to see my map in action with the BROS set, I actually made it in anticipation of that set :). I like the Basingstoke shot. I'm missing the coal lines at Red Hill though ;).
jonnie47
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jonnie47 »

would i be right in assuming that the class 377, 185 and other classes are part of an unreleased br set? :D
Everton F.C The pride of merseyside
FlameSing
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by FlameSing »

The last shot is really cool!
Sorry for my awful English.

My modest screenies.
EXTspotter
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by EXTspotter »

Jonnie: Yes, they were part of an unreleased previous compile of BROS.
Flamesing: Thank you, it is nice to hear people liking your layouts.
EXTspotter
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by EXTspotter »

A quick one from tonight, taken of Brighton:

Departing from platform one is a pair of Southern class 313s forming a service from Brighton to Bognor Regis, first stop, Hove.
Arriving at platform two is a pair of First Capital Connect class 377s forming a service from Luton to Brighton.
Southern, 19th Mar 2186.png
Southern, 19th Mar 2186.png (240.92 KiB) Viewed 4498 times
EXTspotter
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by EXTspotter »

Please bear with me as I have tried to make Slough look more appealing than in real life...

Approaching platform 1 at full speed is a First Great Western HST on its way through non-stop to London Paddington.
Passing through platform 2 also not stopping is another HST heading towards Exeter St Davids, next stop Reading.
Departing platform 3 is a pair of First Great Western class 166s on the Reading - Paddington stopping service, next call Langley.
Waiting for this service to clear the station is an out of service First Great Western HST heading back to Old Oak Common depot after a testing run.
First Great Western, 13th Oct 2214.png
First Great Western, 13th Oct 2214.png (195.24 KiB) Viewed 4392 times
EXTspotter
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by EXTspotter »

Very much the crossroads of this map, Reading is growing in importance with high Origin and Destination traffic as well as covering a large number of transfers onto different lines and service patterns.

On platform 1 is a First Great Western class 165 loading for its next departure to Basingstoke, first stop Mortimer.
At platform 2 is another FGW class 165, a 2 car variant this time departing on a stopping service to Bedwyn, first stop Theale.
Departing from platform 4B is another FGW class 165 operating a service from Reading to Gatwick Airport along the North Downs line.
Departing from platform 6 is a FGW HST operating a fast service to Exeter St Davids next stop Taunton, over an hour and a half away.
Standing on platform 7 is a Crosscountry class 220 voyager operating a service from Oxford to Guildford.
Departing from platform 8 is a FGW HST with a service to Oxford, next stop Didcot Parkway.
Departing from platform 9 is yet another FGW HST this time operating a semi fast service from Exeter St Davids towards London Paddington, the next station and terminus for the service.
Attachments
First Great Western, 21st Sep 2224.png
First Great Western, 21st Sep 2224.png (149.57 KiB) Viewed 4306 times
EXTspotter
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by EXTspotter »

A scenic trip to Wales and the Valley Lines Network.

At Treforest two Merthyr Line trains pause at Treforest to load passengers and trade tokens for the single line sections between Taff's Well and Treforest and Treforest and Abercynon.

On platform one, the northbound service performed by a class 150 awaits departure to Abercynon.
On platform two, the southbound service operated by a pair of class 143s awaits departure to Taff's Well on its journey to Barry Island via Cardiff Queen Street.
Attachments
Arriva Trains Wales, 17th Jan 2241.png
Arriva Trains Wales, 17th Jan 2241.png (156.71 KiB) Viewed 4222 times
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

I like these a lot and the are very realistic. Do you have Dawlish on the map? If so can we see it.
EXTspotter
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by EXTspotter »

I'm afraid not, The map's northwestern corner is just above Abercynon in the Welsh Valleys and the southwestern corner is in the english channel south of Exeter. I really like this map, however I believe it cuts off slightly too far east and too far south - if it went as far north as Birmingham (it only reaches Oxford) and as far west as Plymouth it would please me immensely.
broodje
Director
Director

Post by broodje »

The northern border was chosen as that was the end of the 2 height maps I welded together to create the map. But you are right it would have been good if the northwards London suburban services could have been included. Maybe next time ;).
EXTspotter
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by EXTspotter »

A quick screenie of a new game, this time I am going back in time for once, on a british themed random map. Here is Bolton, the midway point from my current and only line, which brings commuters from Chippenham via many small towns to Elland. Bolton is the biggest town on the route excluding Elland and marks the half way point.
Green & Co., 28th Oct 1930.png
Green & Co., 28th Oct 1930.png (186.64 KiB) Viewed 4035 times
In the picture you have 2 8 carriage 3rd Rail EMUs which cover the route from Elland to Bolton Spa stopping only at Rawmarsh before continuing all stops to Chippenham, acting as an outer suburban service. In the picture 28006 is travelling towards Chippenham and 28008 is travelling towards Elland.

In the terminus platforms you have another 3rd rail EMU, 4 carriages this time operating the stopping service to Elland from Bolton Spa, this being the equivalent inner suburban service. In the carriage sidings there is another EMU stabled being prepared for the morning peak.

Finally there is a class 57XX Pannier Tank, 5703, bringing Food to Bolton from a nearby meat packer which is then transported along the mainline by Ivatt tanks pulling a mixed mail food and goods train.
broodje
Director
Director

Post by broodje »

That is beautiful, great shot.
EXTspotter
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by EXTspotter »

The company gains a large amount of its income from freight. The hub for freight transportation in the area is Bolton Concentration Yard, where trains from the farms and mines deposit their loads which are then reformed into larger trains for being moved to processing facilities. In turn the products are brought back here to be redistrobuted properly.
Attachments
Green & Co., 8th Mar 1937.png
Green & Co., 8th Mar 1937.png (109.01 KiB) Viewed 3938 times
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

EXTspotter wrote:The company gains a large amount of its income from freight. The hub for freight transportation in the area is Bolton Concentration Yard, where trains from the farms and mines deposit their loads which are then reformed into larger trains for being moved to processing facilities. In turn the products are brought back here to be redistrobuted properly.
Great Idea that just like In Real Life. However, is that a Passenger or Mail coming out of the Top Platform of the Bottom half?
EXTspotter
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by EXTspotter »

Neither it is a Goods/Food mixture, which directly to Elland.

I need to draw up a map of here but I am not sure which programme to use to make it look good...
EXTspotter
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by EXTspotter »

Here is a map I drew of my passenger network:
Green & Co., 1st Mar 1937.png
Green & Co., 1st Mar 1937.png (57.18 KiB) Viewed 3807 times
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Nice map. Like all explainations. :D
EXTspotter
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by EXTspotter »

Updated map:
Green & Co., 1st Mar 1957.png
Green & Co., 1st Mar 1957.png (91.44 KiB) Viewed 602 times
If there is anywhere you would like to see, just ask.

Return to “Screenshots”