EXTspotter's Screen Adventures

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: EXTspotter's Screen Adventures

Post by Emperor Jake »

Great network maps! Could I please see Neston, that looks like it's quite busy. And something rural way out back in...Gosforth or someplace :) .
EXTspotter
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by EXTspotter »

Here it is then

Firstly at Gosforth:
Green & Co., 14th Dec 1957.png
Green & Co., 14th Dec 1957.png (229.8 KiB) Viewed 4234 times
A Jubilee Class locomotive, 45581, pulls out of platform 2 at Gosforth Town with its service, the 15.55 to Eccles Friary whilst Met Camm DMU 101610 arrives on its journey from Sheffield towards Sacriston at platform 3, departing at 15.59.

And now a less busy time at Neston:
Green & Co., 17th Dec 1957.png
Green & Co., 17th Dec 1957.png (214.78 KiB) Viewed 4234 times
Pacific Locomotive 2748 crosses the western end of Neston Station approach to join the Dartford Line where it is operating the Express Service from Elland to Gillingham via Neston, the next stop is Camberley, where it arrives in 15 minutes time at 22.13. Next to this is 4COR unit 404036 arriving from Elmstead Market which departs back to Elmstead Market at 22.00. In the station on platform 2 is a 4COR and 4BUF combination on a Elland - Etchilhampton via Seven Sisters service. The 3rd rail EMU fleet consists of 54 4 carriage units, which are split into 41 4COR and 13 4BUF units, the only difference between them being the 4BUF have a mini-buffet in the consist, making them more suitable for the longer 3rd rail routes such as Elland - Chippenham and Melton Constable Midland - Bebington where they are used in combination with a 4COR to make an 8 carriage train including a buffet, however they do sometimes find themselves operating other diagrams. The train is preparing to depart to Etchilhampton.

Haha just noticed the lack of trees. Never mind.
Loiner
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Loiner »

EXTspotter wrote:Just a screenie of my current UK game of the area just north of Crawley Three Bridges, where the East Grinstead line joins the main:
Southern, 27th Dec 2072.png
2 Southern 171s pull into one of the London-bound Redhill platforms during its journey from Uckfield
2 First Capital Connect 365s are also powering along the up main heading for its next stop; East Croydon on its journey from Brighton to Bedford via London Bridge.
A Southern 375 on loan from Southeastern travels along the down main on its journey between London Victoria and Lewes
3 FCC 365s pull off the down relief line onto the East Grinstead branch whilst 3 more await a green signal for proceeding to Three Bridges on its way to Brighton.
Hi, sorry to bump this.

Where did you get the 365s/375s from?

Apologies if this has been cleared up, just that this picture caught my eye and I was curious. :)
EXTspotter
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by EXTspotter »

Its on an old BROS release which was private, is now outdated and you cannot get it from anywhere.
Loiner
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Loiner »

EXTspotter wrote:Its on an old BROS release which was private, is now outdated and you cannot get it from anywhere.
Ah, that's a shame.

I'm guessing you've used an infrastructure sharing mod in some of these pics?
EXTspotter
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by EXTspotter »

Yes I have, I use Chill's patchpack, it is a fantastic thing. Brings OTTD to life as you don't just shove everything on a concorde to make money.
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

EXTspotter wrote:Yes I have, I use Chill's patchpack, it is a fantastic thing.
I have thought to add some patch to my game, just haven't figured out how that exactly works? Nice pictures in here btw
Arexander
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Arexander »

ISA wrote:
EXTspotter wrote:Yes I have, I use Chill's patchpack, it is a fantastic thing.
I have thought to add some patch to my game, just haven't figured out how that exactly works? Nice pictures in here btw
I got it even worse. I can't get the thing to work at all. :x
EXTspotter
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by EXTspotter »

Just a screen from the game I'm currently playing:

A class 390 departs Carlisle on a service to Lancaster, while a 158 sits in the platform waiting for its next trip to Barrow-in-Furness.
Attachments
DfT, 27th May 2057.png
DfT, 27th May 2057.png (191.93 KiB) Viewed 3870 times
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

EXTspotter wrote:Just a screen from the game I'm currently playing:

A class 390 departs Carlisle on a service to Lancaster, while a 158 sits in the platform waiting for its next trip to Barrow-in-Furness.
A good screenshot :) .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
EXTspotter
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by EXTspotter »

Looking at DarkUk's screenshots earlier really got me in the mood for playing a game of OTTD myself, here is a couple of shots. My game is focussed in the mdoern era and is currently centred around the largest city, Uckfield, with a dense OHLE EMU passenger network.
O'Donnell & Co., 22nd Sep 2011.png
(321.79 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
A slightly zoomed out view of Uckfield and environs, the current rail network consists of two inner and two outer suburban services originating from Uckfield Eastfields station.

Route M1 goes through the western suburbs of Uckfield and Rainham and up the Barrow Valley to the spa town of Sleights 20 minutes away.

Route M2 passes through the eastern side of Uckfield, providing servcies to the dormitory towns of Marton and Norbury, a journey of 15 minutes.

Route S1 and S2 operate together to Giggleswick, where the S1 continues to Llanbister via Levenshulme, Abererch and Catford, a 45 minute journey and S2 to Darwen via Camberley and Altnabreac, taking around 70 minutes.
O'Donnell & Co., 10th Feb 2012.png
(169.17 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
365502 departs from the West-facing bay, platform 1, with an M1 service, the 21.22 to Sleights, carrying 197 passengers.

365517 arrives from Norbury into the east-facing bay, platform 2, with an M2 service, carrying 240 passengers.

365508 and 365522 load on platform 7 with a service to Llanbister, carrying 114 passengers, first stop Giggleswick.

All passenger trains used so far are class 365 networkers, in 4 or 8 carriage formations. 12 carriage operations on S1 may be used in future with large passenger growth at intermediate stations.
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Very good screenshots. :))
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

Some good EMU action!
EXTspotter
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by EXTspotter »

Updated to the most recent Spring Patch Pack to overcome some issues I had with automated timetable separation on my old version. I have started a new game in a similar style.
Allan & Co., 12th Oct 2025.png
(153.93 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
In this game, I started building the railway in the North East corner of the map, on a small island containing two large and one small town. The larger towns, Farnham (7.6k pop) and Blaydon (8.9k pop) started off as some of the largest towns in the game (~3k). Situated between them is the small seaside town of Boston Spa, the town has tripled in size since the start of the railway and has swelled with commuters to the larger cities on either side. On platform 1, 365520 leads a 12-car 365 set on the 0401 to Farnham Esplanade, whilst on platform 4, 365504 leads a 12-car 365 set operating in the other direction as the 0400 to Fenwick Queen Street via Blaydon.
Hans Kruzer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Hans Kruzer »

Nice. now the trams and EMUs are of matching liveries.
If the ratings get high I would just blast a hole in the middle of the city and build a station :twisted:
Tschüß!
EXTspotter
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by EXTspotter »

Seeing as the town is likely to grow massively over time, I am probably going to leave the station as it is and hope the town builds suburbs on the northern side of the tracks. I've built roads for this already and a few houses are starting to spring up.
EXTspotter
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by EXTspotter »

The railway has expanded passenger operations onto the next island. The extension of S1 from Blaydon to Fenwick via Burton and Norwich kick started a railway boom in the area, with Fenwick acting as a hub for regional operations (S) in the area. All trains on the network so far are of the British Rail Class 365, a 100mph OHLE EMU carrying 240 passengers each.
Allan & Co., 21st Apr 2034.png
Allan & Co., 21st Apr 2034.png (12.74 KiB) Viewed 709 times
Operations are currently centred around two depots, Farnham and Norwich (near Fenwick).

Farnham:
Allocation: 50 x Class 365
Routes:
M1 Farnham - Port Hope; 5 diagrams (1 x 365)
S1 Farnham - Fenwick; 15 diagrams (3 x 365)

Norwich:
Allocation: 28 x Class 365
Routes:
M2 Fenwick - North Shore; 6 diagrams (1 x 365)
S2 Fenwick - Cheadle; 10 diagrams (1 x 365)
S3 Fenwick - Kingston; 6 diagrams (2 x 365)

Future planned routes include S4 Blaydon - Kingston and onwards, express services between the biggest towns and freight services.

An overview of Fenwick:
Allan & Co., 21st Apr 2034#1.png
(861.58 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Ah the old BRSet and British Tram Set. Those were the days!
EXTspotter
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by EXTspotter »

Just a quick screenie for now:
Allan & Co., 21st Apr 2061#1.png
Allan & Co., 21st Apr 2061#1.png (84.89 KiB) Viewed 708 times
365548 stops at Sunderland platform 1 with an S4 service to Bristol Severn Row, whilst on the Northbound through road, 370007 thunders through with the E1 express service from Bristol to Blaydon, calling at Elstree only.
Dave

Post by Dave »

British tram set. That was immense. Did you ever do it in company colours Gavin?
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...

Return to “Screenshots”