[OTTD] Dave's Screenshots - Old Screenshots Compilation

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
JamieLei
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] Dave Worley's Screenshots

Post by JamieLei »

I do love the realistic track layouts, especially in Shot #3! Out of interest, which station set are you using in Shot #2 with Peterborough? - Looks good :)
beeb375 wrote:I'll accept Preston as a city just as soon as the Vatican accepts you as the Pope.
Preston is a city since 2002 :), albeit a very small one. How the City of London (the square mile) still manages to be a city I don't know... - only 7,800 people live there, smaller than many OTTD cities!
Any opinions expressed are purely mine and not that of any employer, past or present.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Yeah, there's a Pendolino called City of Preston, although obviously the trains I've named here are the GWR 3400 City class (including the famous City of Truro.

JamieLei: I'm using the supposedly unfinished British Stations Set. The one you see there is modelled on Birmingham Moor Street, and I think it looks fantastico. Have a look on GRF Crawler.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
mph
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mph »

Its not finished yet. Ive been pretty rubbish at working on it. But i did finish uni last week so i should get some time to finish it off soon.

I aplologise for not getting it done sooner and cluttering up yours and Ammechers screenshots threads with peoples questions about it!
previously known as daylight
Dave

Post by Dave »

mph wrote:Its not finished yet. Ive been pretty rubbish at working on it. But i did finish uni last week so i should get some time to finish it off soon.

I aplologise for not getting it done sooner and cluttering up yours and Ammechers screenshots threads with peoples questions about it!
Haha don't worry about it - I think it's the best station set available - your buildings are absolutely brilliant.

Flickr

beeb375
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by beeb375 »

JameiLei wrote:Preston is a city since 2002 :)
Lies. Communist lies at that. A decision perhaps taken at the urging of Scientologists, just to discredit it further.
“Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The ‘x’ makes it sound cool.”
Dave

Post by Dave »

beeb375 wrote:
JameiLei wrote:Preston is a city since 2002 :)
Lies. Communist lies at that. A decision perhaps taken at the urging of Scientologists, just to discredit it further.
Preston was considered the St Petersburg of England by Karl Marx.

True fact.

Flickr

beeb375
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by beeb375 »

You mean the Leningrad of England :P Proves my point doesn't it, bloody communists.
“Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The ‘x’ makes it sound cool.”
Dave

Post by Dave »

It wasn't called Leningrad you idiot ;)

St. Petersburg was dropped because it was too German during World War One. It was called Petrograd for a while.

Flickr

beeb375
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by beeb375 »

Yes, until 1924, after which it was known as Leningrad until 1991. St Petersburg that is, not Preston..
JamieLei
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JamieLei »

beeb375 wrote:Yes, until 1924, after which it was known as Leningrad until 1991. St Petersburg that is, not Preston..
Now that _would_ be funny had it been Preston!
Dave Worley wrote:JamieLei: I'm using the supposedly unfinished British Stations Set. The one you see there is modelled on Birmingham Moor Street, and I think it looks fantastico. Have a look on GRF Crawler.
I'm sorry I can't seem to find it on GRF crawler, nor with the forum search or a thread about it! I did however find the Japanese Stations which suit my eye-candy game very well, which I may post some screenshots of soon :)
Any opinions expressed are purely mine and not that of any employer, past or present.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

JameiLei wrote:I'm sorry I can't seem to find it on GRF crawler, nor with the forum search or a thread about it! I did however find the Japanese Stations which suit my eye-candy game very well, which I may post some screenshots of soon :)
mph wrote:Its not finished yet. Ive been pretty rubbish at working on it. But i did finish uni last week so i should get some time to finish it off soon.

Read all replies, eh? ;)
JamieLei
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JamieLei »

Ameecher wrote:Read all replies, eh? ;)
Dave said take a look on GRF crawler! So I did! :roll:
Dave

Post by Dave »

Enough of this idle chit-chat, there are screenshots to be had.

With future planning in mind, Brierley Road & Rail Ltd. built a four track railway between Brierley Hill and Richmond. This included an intermediate station to serve the small town of Jevington. When this shot is taken, mid-way through 1925, the loco and stock purchased for this set has not yet been delivered, so the platforms at Jevington aren't yet open. Also, there are no plans to have express trains calling at Jevington, and as such the fast platforms appear to remain unused. Here we see A1 4-6-2 No. 4470 Duchess of Richmond storming through Jevington's fast platforms with a morning express, as a loaded coal train from Brierley Hill Coal Mine is headed by 0-8-0 No. 8893. This train crosses over the fast lines on to Jevington Reversing Siding, turns, and runs into the power station loop. The same applies in reverse to allow to get it back to Brierley Hill.
Attachments
Brierley Road & Rail Ltd., 10th Oct 1925.png
Brierley Road & Rail Ltd., 10th Oct 1925.png (71.25 KiB) Viewed 4574 times

Flickr

Dave

Post by Dave »

In another picture of the Central Main Line, we see No. 4470 and classmate No. 4471 Sir Dave Worley pass each other on the fast lines whilst 0-8-0 No. 8893 heads towards Jevington with loaded coal wagons.
Attachments
Brierley Road & Rail Ltd., 26th Jul 1926.png
Brierley Road & Rail Ltd., 26th Jul 1926.png (44.23 KiB) Viewed 4573 times

Flickr

Gord
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Gord »

Great stuff as always. Its those passenger stations agai..to think that one day, we might have those British stations and the BR set to play with! :wink:

Nice to see you're including those little quirks of British Railways...such as trains needing to reverse out of stations to get where they need to go....or fast passenger trains having to wait while a slow freight trains crosses the tracks..(just need to get the freight train to break down while crossing the fast lines and your game will be complete!)

Joking aside, I like the way you play your games, I'm not so keen on this huge efficient junction stuff and massive linear networks. You, Ameecher, Jamie and Smaug seem to create some really interesting games.
Dave

Post by Dave »

In a charming scene, here's another shot of Jevington with five trains in view!

With the release of the 2-6-4 tank, the double headed 0-6-0s have been gradually phased out, pending a later return to traffic.

The first of these examples 2-6-4 4MT No. 2301 Jevington Town is held at platform 1 at Jevington due to the passing 0-8-0 6F No. 8895 hauling empty coal wagons through the station. In a very similar fashion, 0-8-0 No. 8894 crosses the fast lines to access the reversing siding, whilst 4-6-2 A1 No. 4470 Duchess of Richmond waits for the signal to clear to continue through Jevington to Richmond.

In the very top of the shot, we see the new 0-8-0 6F No. 8896 hauling a longer than normal train all the way from Saxondale Coal Mine far to the east of Brierley Hill and Staveley.

Some express drivers have shown serious concern about the 45mph coal trains crossing the main line in front of 100mph trains, and a select committee made up of drivers, engineers and board members have proposed relocating the reversing siding next to the Food factory. This would also remove the need for the single lead junction off the slow lines. This junction is prone to severe congestion, whilst the junction type is known to be prone to cause train crashes (see Newton rail crash).
Attachments
Brierley Road & Rail Ltd., 4th Apr 1931.png
Brierley Road & Rail Ltd., 4th Apr 1931.png (135.51 KiB) Viewed 4323 times

Flickr

Dave

Post by Dave »

It's been a while...

Here's something new that I'm finally getting into!

Flickr

Dave

Post by Dave »

Midland Railway

Established in 1921, the Midland Railway was planned to forge a link across the Midland area of the map. Started in Newtown, the line headed east to Brierley Hill and onto Preston, where development stalled. Just north of Newtown is the city of Shipley, well known for its agriculture. In 1922, MR built a terminii at Shipley with a distinct plan to move north. Abandoning the Midland Line for the time being, MR concentrated on building a strong main line to the north west with intermediate stops built at Buckley and Newcastle, and later Poole and Oadby on the way to the huge terminus at Lancing in the north west. Lancing is also the main base of the Holloway Circle - an innovative electric line around Lake Holloway, with stops at Winchester, Newcastle, Blaydon and the through lines at Lancing. There is also a non-electrified branch from here to Mickelthwaite, calling at Vicarage. This line is known as the Far West Branch.

The main omission from this north west network is Huddersfield, which was bus served to Buckley for a short time. The city has grown immeasurably in recent times, however, and has necessitated the use of a small branch line link, despite it being one of the biggest cities on the map. Plans are afoot to loop the main line around through Huddersfield, leaving Buckley with a much smaller station, and much less significance.

Proposed plans also involve the extension east of the new Northern Main Line to Hutton, Bideford and beyond. Extensions to the south at Kippax are also planned to create a Western Main Line, and the now-seemingly dead Central Line is back on the cards also, with extensions to Saxmundham and Widnes planned.

Flickr

Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Again he posts with no screenshots. Bloody hell.
Dave

Post by Dave »

1: Newtown and Shipley
The industrious and growing towns of Newtown and Shipley are the main focal points of the Midland Railway. In this aerial shot we can just see both stations along with Brierley Valley TMD. This complex layout allows trains to serve both stations, as well as to access both the North West and Central Lines of the company. The line from Newtown north was built first towards Buckley, with a link to Shipley built from Oadby West Junction not too long later. Shipley is approached by a large viaduct over the main line, with lines to Lancing via Oadby and Poole and Preston via Brierley Hill. Noticeable in this shot are:
  • BV TMD pilots 70001 and 70002 'Anne' and 'Mary' in the pilot siding at the depot.
  • Arriving at Newtown St. Andrews is 3402 'City of Newtown' at the head of four coaches.
  • Having just departed Shipley, 4471 'Orion' is headed for Lancing via Poole.
  • Hidden in the Shipley approach tunnel is 3403 'City of Shipley' with a service from Winchester via Buckley.
  • Although one can't see it, 3408 'City of Newcastle' is sat resting at Shipley with a service for Lancing via Buckley and Newcastle.
2: Richard Karr Ltd.
Main locomotive and carriage builder for the Midland is Richard Karr Ltd. [If anyone can tell me the reference they can have a cookie!]. Here we see their main depot just off the main line south of Buckley, but nearer to the town of Oadby. Once again, 3403 'City of Shipley' can be seen disappearing into the Shipley Tunnels.

3: Brierley Hill
Despite the Midland mainly supplying passenger services, the management has not been ignorant of lucrative freight opportunities. With a future planned for Bideford Power Station (upon connection to the town), this is a major breakthrough for rail freight. However, MR have already established a wood route from Oadby Forest to Brierley Hill North Yard, serving the Sawmill. The branch sweeps under the main line and over Oadby Knoll to the forest. On a relatively quiet day, 3406 'City of Wrosbrough' is just departing Brierley Hill bound for Preston via the Wrosbrough Loop. 70003 'Brenda' can also be seen as Brierley Hill's station pilot. This continues a long tradition of naming MR station pilots after the management's various wives and mistresses.
Attachments
Midland Railway, 10th Oct 1929#5.png (116.3 KiB) Viewed 3959 times
Midland Railway, 10th Oct 1929.png (46.97 KiB) Viewed 3960 times
Midland Railway, 10th Oct 1929 (2).png (67.25 KiB) Viewed 3957 times

Flickr

Return to “Screenshots”