[OTTD] Chrill's Screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Chrill

Re: [OTTD] Chrill's Screenshots

Post by Chrill »

Grindham? Oh yes, we're making our way there. To get to Grindham, trains navigate a steep incline in order to reach Pradhattan Ridge. Trains hurry past a hillside farm upon entry to the town itself. The fully loaded train about to depart Pradhattan Ridge is the first train purchased by Rinthill Eastern back in 1930, the Class D49 RER 2690 Unicorn. A newer train of the same class, the RER 2696 Minotaur is climbing into town on the opposite track.
Rinthill_5.png
(663.72 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
East of Pradhattan Ridge, the trains navigate their way back down the mountain. Aforementioned RER 2696 Minotaur is seen in the bottom part of this photo. Another of the Class D49, the RER 2695 Centaur is climbing up the hill. The tracks heading left are used by the quicker Class A4 trains because they do not use the Pradhattan Ridge route.
Rinthill_6.png
Rinthill_6.png (451.18 KiB) Viewed 1122 times
Grindham serves as the Eastern terminus of the main line. Grindham Grand Central is served by 6 tracks in total, divided in 3 lines - the Main Line itself (platform 1, left), the Great Pretbridge branchline (platform 3 furthest to the right) and the Lowlands branchline (platform 2, middle). Grindham is also host to both bus services and tram networks. Trains tunnel through the city to reach the station. The Class A4 RER 1815 Great Scott is parked at Platform 1. At platform 3, the Class EF1 RER 750 Frankenstein electric train is hauling passengers the short distance from Grindham to Drunfingburg. The Stanier Mogul RER 2801 St. Douglas is entering platform 3 with a passenger service from Great Pretbridge.
Rinthill_7.png
(793.77 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

In 1942, a decision was made to expand Rinthill Euclid with a 5th platform. At the same time, the coal trains running in tunnels just outside the station were moved further south to open up housing space for the sprawling city. In this photo, it's apparent what effect the relocation had with numerous houses being built almost as soon as the tracks were removed. Having recently reparted Nuntfield is the Stanier Mogul RER 2803 St. Anthony.
Rinthill_8.png
(608.11 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Grindham is another city growing very fast. The coal mine just south of Grindham had increased production and employed a great many of the people living in the city. With this mind, a suburban service was opened operating from Grindham Grand Central to the town of Hatbridge. Pulling into the station is the newest Class 49 of the lot, RER 2791 Dragon.
Rinthill_9.png
Rinthill_9.png (334.15 KiB) Viewed 1122 times
Hatbridge is also a town under development. The plan is for the station roof to function as a plaza but the town is growing slowly despite funding from Renthill Eastern. In this photo we see the Class 49 RER 2697 Faun.
Rinthill_10.png
Rinthill_10.png (421.26 KiB) Viewed 1122 times
Trains departing Rinthill Euclid heading for Nuntfield (see picture 8) will terminate at Plonnwell. Plonnwell is a sleepy hillside town, renowned for its wine grown by the inmates populating the Plonnwell Correctional Facility. Service is provided by a number of Stanier Moguls, seen here the RER 2811 St. Louis.
Rinthill_11.png
Rinthill_11.png (446.54 KiB) Viewed 1122 times
My Scenarios:
S-Transport
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by S-Transport »

Nice pictures!
Greetings, S-Transport
My pictures
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Cheers. It's nice to play a smaller map, it's what I have time for at work :P Problem is, I've reached every town in 15 years but I enjoy time progression!!
My Scenarios:
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Keningville is going to be a pain should you ever need to expand the station. The screens are looking very good so far!
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Pilot wrote:Keningville is going to be a pain should you ever need to expand the station. The screens are looking very good so far!
I already have expanded it to 3. There is room to easily add 2 more, however I don't think I will need to!

Here's a large screenshot of Rintfield. The city really boomed and now occupies a large part of the map, almost integrating 3 different nearby towns.
Rinthill Eastern, Nov 30th, 1948.png
(4.54 MiB) Downloaded 1 time
All my passenger trains have individual names, except the diesel railcars:

Class 49:
2690 Unicorn
2691 Yeti
2692 Griffin
2693 Sphinx
2694 Gorgon
2695 Centaur
2696 Minotaur
2697 Faun
2698 Siren
2790 Pegasus
2791 Dragon

Class A4:
1815 Long John
1816 Great Scott

Class A1:
1820 Overlord
1821 Barbarossa

Stanier Mogul:
2810 St. Joseph
2811 St. Louis
2801 St. Douglas
2802 St. Francis
2803 St. Anthony
2804 St. Bernardine

Class EF1:
750 Frankenstein
751/752 Nazgûl
753/754 Count Dracula

Can you figure out the themes? :P
My Scenarios:
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I'm continuing the game shown above. I stopped bothering with train names. Bah. I've worked on industry, but I've also allowed the city of Rinthill to grow. Here's a screenshot of the whole area. Freight and Passengers use separate lines most of the time, although some sections are shared. The train station "Rinthill West" sees service by coal trains as well as trains delivering goods to the city.

A ferry service ships people between the nearby town of Keningville and the station "Rinthill Docks", located in the Southern suburbs of Rinthill itself.
Attachments
Rinthill Eastern, Dec 6th, 1957.png
(3.66 MiB) Not downloaded yet
My Scenarios:
Arexander
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Arexander »

I have a question about the railroad museum in the middle of the city: are you planning on expanding it as your rolling stock ages or rotate the exhibits from a nearby yard / depot? Or just leave it be?
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Yeah I don't mind bumping this again. Triple post? I'm a moderator, you can't stop me!!

EDIT: Oh that is scary, Arexander. You posted just as I was writing this! See below for answers to the railroad museum.

Comparing this photo to the old one, here are some differences:

Year: 1957 - 1973
Well, yeah. That's just 16 years!

Population: 37,800 - 74,400
The city of Rinthill has doubled in only 15 years. Extreme expansion has happened in all directions. Rinthill has fused with Wadingworth Falls, Wedingtown, Nuntfield, Keningville and Plonnwell to form the Greater Rinthill Metropolitan region with a total population exceeding 120,000 people.

Stations: 2 - 3
The old Rinthill Railroad Museum, once located on the outskirts of town, suddenly occupied a lot of very attractive ground. The museum was simply moved to the outskirts and replaced with a new terminus station - Rinthill Westgate. It only serves trains running to Gahattan and Plonnwell.

Industry:
In the 1950s, Rinthill saw coal trains and the occasional steel - goods service. These have now been expanded greatly to feature also an expansive Goods service, iron ore, wood and livestock.

Trains: Steam - Diesel/Electric
From being served with almost exclusively steam trains in the 1950s, the late 1960s and early 1970s saw a shift toward newer trains with diesel power or electric power. Some EMUs are running to Rinthill Westgate, DMUs are servicing Rinthill Charles Cross. Some express steam trains still service the main station of Rinthill Euclid, but their numbers have dwindled.
Attachments
Rinthill Eastern, May 9th, 1973#1.png
(16.09 MiB) Not downloaded yet
My Scenarios:
Arexander
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Arexander »

Heh, the timing is impeccable, even if I say so myself. :D
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

I think I found a reverse-placed signal.
Attachments
3333333333.PNG
3333333333.PNG (112.51 KiB) Viewed 7476 times
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Absolutely correct. I had quite a lockup there and corrected it earlier :P
My Scenarios:
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

Ha! The skills! :D Just kidding, only some luck to pick this out :wink:
Otherwise nice shot, I like the freight trains deep in the city and those large curves to climb up a hill, and of course, the chaos (at least for me, the designer should see-through the system) in the tracks up and down! :D
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Another (very large!) photo of the same region, now in the year 1994!.
Chrill wrote:Population: 37,800 - 74,400 - 111,760
The city of Rinthill has doubled in only 15 years. Extreme expansion has happened in all directions. Rinthill has fused with Wadingworth Falls, Wedingtown, Nuntfield, Keningville and Plonnwell to form the Greater Rinthill Metropolitan region with a total population exceeding 120,000 people.
Since we last met in 1973, Rinthill has grown even more. The Greater Rinthill Metropolitan Region is now considered to stretch into the cities of Gahattan and Sardwood in addition to the above mentioned cities. All included, the total population reaches 195,000 people.

The lunatic junctions south of Rinthill have been slighly redeveloped and all coal trains previously running up to Rinthill West have been redirected to a new power plant further southeast, outside Keningville.

The whole passenger network has been upgraded to either diesels or, in many cases, electric trains. Travel times have decreased. Bus services have also been improved with several express lines connecting the various cities in the region.

Construction in this region is a challenge, but there are plans to develop Rinthill Euclid into a through station in the future to increase throughput. We'll get back to you!
Attachments
Rinthill Eastern, 16th Nov 1994#2.png
(14.1 MiB) Not downloaded yet
My Scenarios:
S-Transport
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by S-Transport »

A very nice picture!
Greetings, S-Transport
My pictures
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Wow. I wasn't expecting to be able to upload the below photo. 23 MBs of goodies!! This shows the same game as before, but the whole map.

---

The city of Rinthill hasn't stopped growing. The Greater Rinthill Metropolitan region is no longer a thing, this area has been known as The State of Rinthill for a while. The whole map has grown more or less into one. A massive city stretches from the top left to the bottom right.

My current goal is to use all the industries in the map. There are some oil rigs to incorporate into this. I will also try to pick up all the Goods produced in various areas. NOTHING may go to waste.
Attachments
Rinthill Eastern, 30th Mar 2015.png
(23.18 MiB) Not downloaded yet
My Scenarios:
jacke
Director
Director

Post by jacke »

Nice screenshots :)
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

NEW GAME. This is my first playthrough of my new scenario Turnpike Falls.

---

It is the year 1890, and the Wild West is slowly slipping. It is being brought into the modern world. There are street lights, electricity, and road vehicles.

Welcome to Turnpike Falls, a region located in Northern USA. The main city, Serenity, is the only settlement above 1000 people. A few other major settlements can be found across the region but your biggest source of early revenue will be in cargo you can haul. There is a mainland covering about one third of the map. In addition, we have four larger islands and several small ones. This makes boats a valid option for many journeys.
(click to Enlarge)

This is Serenity in the year 1913. It is not as serene as it makes out to be, but it is where you would arrive from outside Turnpike. This is the capital of the region. We have a local train service operating from the docks to the main station, and on the outskirts of Serenity you will find the Food Processing Plant which serves the many small settlements out East.
Turnpike1.png
(489.59 KiB) Not downloaded yet
The ship you see in the first picture, SS Plenitude is the sister ship to SS Savannah seen in this photo. Lightport is the major settlement of the Southern island in Turnpike Falls, and currently (1913) the only settlement served by Turnpike Falls Inc.
Turnpike2.png
(251.61 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Let us get back to the railways leading out of Serenity. I mentioned the food being transported out. This is one of the settlements the food trains serve. The railways were funded by the thirst for gold. Passenger trains run at a minor loss but the gold trains make up for that many times around. Gold Run, the local settlement, is growing wildly with the help of funding from Turnpike Falls Inc. and the people looking to live the American Dream.
Turnpike3.png
(551.64 KiB) Not downloaded yet
My Scenarios:
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Did you spot that tunnel to the right of the previous photo? It was a financial disaster. It cost approximately $350,000 to build in 1909 (roughly $10.6 million in today's worth) and was at the time the second longest tunnel in the United States. Where did it lead to? A crater with lots of gold. Or so they thought. So little gold could be retrieved that only four years later, the gold mine closed and the railway was abandoned.
Turnpike4.png
Turnpike4.png (257.66 KiB) Viewed 1120 times
We are moving further East. When Turnpike Falls Inc. started out back in 1890, they did so near a settlement called Muddown End. Trains looped around the Lake Acapulco to deliver coal to the power plant on the other side. Muddown End was served by boats headed for the nearest large settlement Sentinel.
Turnpike5.png
(639.2 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Sentinel, like Serenity, sees a local train service running. These trains operate along the Northfork Tunnel Project and share those tracks with coal trains serving the same power plant mentioned above.
Turnpike6.png
Turnpike6.png (262.03 KiB) Viewed 1120 times
And the end of the Sentinel mainline is currently Keller Springs. This is also a larger settlement, but one that was very separated from the rest of Turnpike before the railway was laid down in the late 1890s.
Turnpike7.png
Turnpike7.png (419.89 KiB) Viewed 1120 times
My Scenarios:
TheAmir259
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by TheAmir259 »

Too bad the mine inside the crater didn't last, the tunnel is very expensive indeed, just to connect to that non-longlasting mine. Nice pictures anyway
You can also find me at Reddit. Check out my OpenTTD Screenshots & Savefiles!

Return to “Screenshots”