[OTTD] Chrill's Screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
beeb375
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] Chrill's Screenshots [Updated: 26 April]

Post by beeb375 »

I usually don't even bother with that, can be interesting to look back over the history of the network, and it's how I do my screenshot threads ;)
“Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The ‘x’ makes it sound cool.”
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

beeb375 wrote:I usually don't even bother with that, can be interesting to look back over the history of the network, and it's how I do my screenshot threads ;)
I never actually go through and delete games afterwards even if said game is broken as a result of a new feature or change of newgrf.cfg, I keep it just in case! :P
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I have recently launched a new game, utilizing the Canadian Trains set in an Arctic environment. I much like it, but I am trying to use "Right-of-Way" signalling at some places and it dont look good :P Pictures to come later on, tomorrow or something
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Chrill wrote:[...] signalling at some places and it dont look good[...]
I know that feeling - you have everything working as planned and yet, it looks wrong and you feel dirty and annoyed. I just click "load autosave" and try again :tongue:

Looking forward to them!
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

As promised, AT (Accwich Transport) (launched in 1945 in west Canada, in an area named Humbuggachewan) will showcast their company with a series of pictures, for your eyes only.

We'll simply get starting straight on! The following power plant station was the location of AT's very first investment. After a recent storm (The 1945 Banterville disaster), several minor villages were left completely without electricity and some smaller cities had several areas left without any power either. Due to this, coal prices shot through the roof and this was a golden moment for Mister E. Nelson to launch his company. He struck a deal with five nearby coal mines and work began in late January 1945.

Seen here are (from top to bottom):
2-8-0 'Consolidation' (Retired 1960)
U1 4-8-2 'Mountain' (Built 1946)
2x T1 2-10-4 'Selkirk' (Built 1948) (Built for passenger use but deemed the only locomotive strong enough to pull this huge train across the mountains)
Accwich1.png
Accwich1.png (150.5 KiB) Viewed 8720 times
The following picture shows the main junction of the whole AT network, back in 1952 when diesel trains had not yet become a part of the AT fleet. Seen here is another, not yet (as of 1960) retired 2-8-0 'Consolidation', and the previously mentioned 2x T1 2-10-4 'Selkirk' used for the huge coal trains.
Accwich2.png
Accwich2.png (359.82 KiB) Viewed 815 times
This station, serving three coal mines thanks to the wonders of some Opel Blitz trucks, was the first station built by AT, back in 1945. It took AT until 1953 to make it look like this, though, as it was both shorter and less crammed before (and we all like it crammed, do we not?). The U1 4-8-2 'Mountain' previously mentioned at the power plant goes here, and the station is served by two such trains.
Accwich3.png
Accwich3.png (326.95 KiB) Viewed 798 times
Last edited by Chrill on 29 May 2008 19:34, edited 2 times in total.
My Scenarios:
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

In 1951, AT moved to a new mineral for increasing their profits; Gold. This particular gold mine is one of three served by AT as of 1960, this being the only one served with more than one train. The other two are both served by brand new diesel locomotives (1. GMD FP7. 2. CLC H24-66 'Train Master'). This gold mine, though, is served by 4-6-0 'Ten Wheeler' steamers.
Accwich4.png
Accwich4.png (452.77 KiB) Viewed 774 times
And a simple follow-up to the previous picture... Modburg is one of only three cities to actually be served by AT, the other two being Dreaway and Fort Tillydale City, both located near the first coal station (where the trucks also run). Fort Tillydale City even has it's own local light rail network. There is a bus line running between the two cities, generating a shy profit. Now, back to Modburg... Modburg is end of the line for four trains running gold to the BUTT, Bank Unified Tillydale and Tesway (how BUTT ended up with it's headquarters in Modburg, we will never know).
Accwich5.png
Accwich5.png (156.25 KiB) Viewed 8703 times
I will end this post with a lovely realistic view of a U1 4-8-2 'Mountain' (built in 1954) rushing down the side of the mountain, having gone around the valley to get to the other side whilst slowly descending down to the farms located in the valley.
Accwich6.png
Accwich6.png (504.82 KiB) Viewed 783 times
Last edited by Chrill on 29 May 2008 19:35, edited 1 time in total.
My Scenarios:
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Remember that ugly, horribly messy junction that was the hub of AT? They tried a rebuild, to make sure that trains turning around would not have to cross the tracks of trains north-bound. AT also wanted to be able to build a station next to the oil wells, to bring to an Oil Refinery located south of here. Worth noting is the gray train with a diesel locomotive, more precisely the CLC H24-66 'Train Master' running gold to Modburg.
Accwich7.png
Accwich7.png (330.56 KiB) Viewed 834 times
The coal station is having itself a rebuild as well, as AT plans to hook up another two coal mines located far west of the station. The plan is to connect the newly-built southbound station with the lumber train line seen to the left and use it to get closer to the coal mines. A Sole 2-8-0 'Consolidation' can be seen unloading here (not the retired one).
Accwich8.png
Accwich8.png (179.91 KiB) Viewed 792 times
To end my post tally, I will give you a picture of the very newest project of AT. This includes both the forest, the Oil Refinery and three nearby oil mines producing a modest amount of oil every month. Put together, though. it's a vast investment. The lumber train (a GMD GP9 Diesel) is merely a feeder for the big lumber trains running to a paper mill near a town called Stanhead. The three oil trains are the latest steam trains purchased by AT. They're all 2-8-0 'Consolidation' steamers.
Accwich9.png
Accwich9.png (287.99 KiB) Viewed 805 times
My Scenarios:
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] Chrill's Screenshots [Updated: 29 May]

Post by Ameecher »

Liking them Chrill but I am wondering why you aren't using Industrial stations renewal instead of the old industrial stations set that you are using (brick freight or something?), ISR has snow! :P
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Trainmasters are awesome for heavy freight haulage. Sometimes whack two of them onto a massive iron ore train just for the sheer fun of it :D
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
ImageImage
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Ameecher wrote:Liking them Chrill but I am wondering why you aren't using Industrial stations renewal instead of the old industrial stations set that you are using (brick freight or something?), ISR has snow! :P
The 0.6.3 indstat renewal goes "Disabled!" in this set, that's why. I know that the old one is all uglyish and stuff, but we'll live for now! :)
Raichase wrote:Trainmasters are awesome for heavy freight haulage. Sometimes whack two of them onto a massive iron ore train just for the sheer fun of it :D
Indeed they are, I believe I've got a really big coal train now running one T1 2-10-4 'Selkirk' and two TrainMasters :wink: It's a fairly large train, I suppose :P
My Scenarios:
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I've finally got around to bringing you three more screenshots, all displaying the improved infrastructure in the Accwich Transport network!

These bridges allowed our trains to travel at a mere 80kph, which wasn't enough with the ever-improving diesel trains being purchased to the company. Work got underway to build new, uglier, but safer and quicker bridges! It did not take long before they were finished. One on the old bridges are still in use at times, to deal with the amount of trains crossing this valley.
Accwich Transport, 7 jun 1974.png
Accwich Transport, 7 jun 1974.png (687.45 KiB) Viewed 866 times
Accwich Transport, 14 jun 1974.jpg
Accwich Transport, 14 jun 1974.jpg (613.3 KiB) Viewed 882 times
Also, the company saw an amazing possibility for transporting passengers by train. Four TurboTrains were bought and trains were soon running Tillydale City to Wreaside Heath.
Accwich-Transport,-18-feb-1.gif
Accwich-Transport,-18-feb-1.gif (260.13 KiB) Viewed 863 times
My Scenarios:
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

Must you use 3 different screenshot formats? ?(
(British) Modular Stations Set - Thread: | Website:
Swiss Set - Thread: | Website:
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

jvassie wrote:Must you use 3 different screenshot formats? ?(
Yet the weirdest thing is, the 2nd one that is a .jpg image looks very clear!
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

Ameecher wrote:
It must be on the highest quality setting ever!

I don't like interlacing with TTD screenshots though :(
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Draakon
Director
Director

Post by Draakon »

XeryusTC wrote:
Ameecher wrote:
It must be on the highest quality setting ever!

I don't like interlacing with TTD screenshots though :(
No, magic of photoshop instead. Or perhaps, extension renaming. Even if the second, it doesn't loose the quality of PNG.
Chrill

Re: [OTTD] Chrill's Screenshots [Updated: 16 August]

Post by Chrill »

Here we go, a new game!!

I've been using the OpenGFX stuff, with Suburban Renewal houses and Stolen trees. Also, I'm using the DBset, LV4 and Av8.

First of all, this is the line that put the lovely Sunningwell Transport onto the rails in the summer of 1941. With money restraints, a lack of passengers and a short distance, Sunningwell Transport (ST) opted for the small, cheap and quite reliable BR 75, a tiny and rather old steamer. It was coupled together with three quite a lot larger passenger coaches, giving the train a maximum capacity of 120 passengers. It's more common, though, that only 40-50 people go with this train.
Sunningwell-2.gif
Sunningwell-2.gif (171.42 KiB) Viewed 771 times
Clearly, the money in rail industries are found in transporting stuff instead of people. Shortly northbound from the previous picture, the Wrondinghall Coal mine was located. It does not have a massive coal production every month but it was still worth an impressive train, with the possibility to extend services in the future. Sunningwell Transport had found itself in a fairly desperate financial state and opted to make this line profitable at any expense. They want for a large steamer, one that could transport a lot of coal. The decision stood between a BR 45 with 2855 horsepower and 90kph, or the slightly cheaper, faster and a bit weaker BR 01 (2240hp and 130kph). Since speed was not important, and since the wagons had their own limits, they opted for the BR 45. By early 1944, this line was up and running, generating a rather shy profit of £33,000 every year on average. It is still well needed money for the company.
Sunningwell-3.gif
Sunningwell-3.gif (97.9 KiB) Viewed 8055 times
Also attached is the future passenger plans for ST. The Line A is all built, apart from signalling and depot setups. A train is already running between Fondwood and Sluntfingborough market, due to a subsidiary. This train was the last BR 75 ever bought before the train was taken out of production. The four small coaches, totalling 120 passengers, is not enough but only a temporary solution before the main Line A is up and running between Sluntfingborough Market and Teningley (not featured in overview).

Also, them ugly white dots indicate places where the lines can switch between each other. Some trains might run between two lines. the Line X is a local suburban network. Well, will be.
Sunningwell-1.gif
Sunningwell-1.gif (25.83 KiB) Viewed 8058 times
My Scenarios:
Chrill

Re: [OTTD] Chrill's Screenshots [Updated: 17 August]

Post by Chrill »

I found some old screenshots from my Plonningbury transport game. These three screns are from it.

The first two shows the same area with around 50 years between!! You can clearly tell it's the same. Heck, not even the rails have changed much since!

1959:
Plonningbury-2.gif
Plonningbury-2.gif (176.97 KiB) Viewed 7986 times
2013:
Plonningbury-3.gif
Plonningbury-3.gif (186.09 KiB) Viewed 7986 times
Also attached is the main hub of the extensive boat network. This area serves a whopping 45 ships and 130 Road vehicles, ranging from Iron Ore and Coal trucks to speedy passenger buses, via Steel deliveries to the factory and goods trucks serving the boats.
Plonningbury-1.gif
Plonningbury-1.gif (158.74 KiB) Viewed 822 times
My Scenarios:
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Re: [OTTD] Chrill's Screenshots [Updated: 16 August]

Post by Raichase »

I LOVE before and after shots! That's fantastic!
ImageImage
Chrill

Re: [OTTD] Chrill's Screenshots [Updated: 17 February]

Post by Chrill »

I will draw a line map soon, but here are 3 screenshots from my new creation. I use NARS2 and eRVTS. The "buses" are barely making a profit, about £20 every year. The company is called Senningstone Travel!!
Attachments
Senningstone, just after the launch of the first railroad in the area
Senningstone, just after the launch of the first railroad in the area
ST_1862-1.jpg (420.33 KiB) Viewed 1222 times
Senningstone, approximately 10 years later. A lot has happened and there is already a bottleneck leaving the train station
Senningstone, approximately 10 years later. A lot has happened and there is already a bottleneck leaving the train station
ST_1871-1.jpg (785.58 KiB) Viewed 1126 times
The second biggest town of our network was connected in 1869, south of Senningstone. To get here, the company had to go around a big hill east of town
The second biggest town of our network was connected in 1869, south of Senningstone. To get here, the company had to go around a big hill east of town
ST_1869-1.jpg (343.24 KiB) Viewed 1134 times
My Scenarios:
beeb375
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] Chrill's Screenshots [Updated: 17 February]

Post by beeb375 »

Not a bad start, but you really should have secured the right-of-way for double tracks leaving Senningstone, now you're going to have to destroy all those poor people's houses :o Meh, screw 'em, they never should've got in the way of progress in the first place XD
“Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The ‘x’ makes it sound cool.”

Return to “Screenshots”