Funny AI pictures

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
CMircea
Chairman
Chairman

Funny AI pictures

Post by CMircea »

Title says all. Post pictures with funny AI jobs (rail, road, sea, air networks).

Here's mine. It was trying to get iron ore from the mine to the steel mill, so he started to dig holes and put soil back. It did this until his funds were depleted (max loan), yet I'm the only one who has a rail between the two industries. Screenshot if from OTTD, latest RC.
Attachments
Dig holes, fill 'em up again.
Dig holes, fill 'em up again.
N.T.C., 10th Jun 1927.png (202.95 KiB) Viewed 1669 times
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Ahh, the AI is always good fun for a laugh every now and again. It's almost roboboyish when it comes in in the middle of a game, builds two airports, then goes bust.

Sorry roboboy, but you know the game I mean :tongue:
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

I never get why the AI digs an area for miles around just one one line :roll:
Brianetta
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Brianetta »

Ben_K wrote:I never get why the AI digs an area for miles around just one one line :roll:
Because the AI doesn't pay for it.
PGP fingerprint: E66A 9D58 AA10 E967 41A6 474E E41D 10AE 082C F3ED
CMircea
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CMircea »

That's why I always use the build on pause "cheat". He doesn't pay for moving land, I build when it can't. Seems fair to me.
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

*roboboy tackles Raichase for the above comment. I dont build em that far out of town.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

This is the AI's classic Tangled Railway and an airport in the middle of nowhere with two big jets trying to Full Load :lol:
Attachments
Dondingwood Transport, 8th Oct 1988.png
Dondingwood Transport, 8th Oct 1988.png (140.69 KiB) Viewed 1122 times
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

First screenie:
Train stuck at the end of a line since it cannot take 90 degree turns. There used to be a station and depot at this end of the line, but the AI figured it was better to remove that.

Second:
Train stuck at station. Don't ask me why one should want something like that.

Last:
Let's take some passengers from ...errr... the sawmill to ...errr... the depot.

EDIT: Attachment order got a bit messed up.
Attachments
First
First
FunnyAI01.png (83.77 KiB) Viewed 5444 times
Second
Second
FunnyAI02.png (30.58 KiB) Viewed 5442 times
Third
Third
FunnyAI03.png (52.6 KiB) Viewed 5442 times
Dave

Post by Dave »

Emperor Jake wrote:This is the AI's classic Tangled Railway and an airport in the middle of nowhere with two big jets trying to Full Load :lol:
Those lines are pure genius.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

FooBar wrote:Let's take some passengers from ...errr... the sawmill to ...errr... the depot.
Well, not only the AI is getting things messed up, but OTTD as well seems not to be able to use CB18 (AI construction/purchase selection) properly.

In TTDPatch, the AI is only allowed to use the VT95 for local passenger service, but not for freight. :twisted:

regards
Michael
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

Micheal: Hmmm... I was thinking that shot was TTDP as I didnt think we could make diagonal road/rail crossings in Open yet?!
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

That'd be the MiniIN I think or a patch of some sort.
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

MiniIN indeed.

@Michael:
Maybe that's fixed now. The OTTD-MiniIN version I'm using dates back from the end of february. I'm using that since it's the latest version with PBS. If they don't do something about Open supporting PBS I might just switch to Patch.

For me, both games have their advantages. Open has it's larger maps and new pathfinders (and some other stuff). Patch has PBS and (way) better NewGRF support (and some other stuff too). (But let's not discuss those differences here. There's this other topic about it somewhere.)
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

michael blunck wrote:Well, not only the AI is getting things messed up, but OTTD as well seems not to be able to use CB18 (AI construction/purchase selection) properly.
That's biggest problem in OTTD IMO. :(
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
CMircea
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CMircea »

Emperor Jake wrote:This is the AI's classic Tangled Railway and an airport in the middle of nowhere with two big jets trying to Full Load :lol:
Nice rail :lol: :lol:
Pookey
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Pookey »

Whenever the AI sets its planes to full load, i usually control it and change the full load orders to stop it going bankrupt.
Posted by Pookey...

For Information on TTD Patch Click Here
For Information on Building a Network (FAST) Click Here
For Information on Building a Network as a Challenge (SLOW) Click Here
For Help on the Different Signalling Types Click Here
Before Asking a Question, Please use the Forums Search Function Here and if you do Ask a Question, Please Provide as much Detail as Possible.
If you do not get a Crash Log when TTDPatch Crashes, Follow the Olly Debug Instructions Here and Post the Resulting Screenshot with your Problem.

nicfer
Director
Director

Re: Funny AI pictures

Post by nicfer »

Time to revive this thread :D.

Well I was bored so I started a new OTTD game vs the AI and this is the result. No comments needed.
Wrendtown Transport, 7th Jul 1950.png
Wrendtown Transport, 7th Jul 1950.png (101.94 KiB) Viewed 708 times
Sorry for my english I am argentinian
TTO don't crashes in Windows XP; XP crashes TTO

Formerly known as UnderBuilder.

MyMiniCity
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

That's actually quite good for the AI. At least one of the airports is located near the town centre so has a chance of picking up at least some passengers.
bob27
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by bob27 »

Ameecher wrote:That's actually quite good for the AI. At least one of the airports is located near the town centre so has a chance of picking up at least some passengers.
I'd say, once the AI put 4 stations, 2 lorries, and 1 airport next to a diamond mine to get the valuables, and obviously they all waited for full loads.
Needless to say, that company went bankrupt the next year.
Bilbo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bilbo »

Well. I saw something similar ... 2 airports 3 tiles away ... So I rewrote the airport placement code a bit. Try nightlies, AI will place airports in reasonable distances :) Also, AI won't use full load on planes most of the time. Though I have not fixed placement too far away from city center, but AI tries at least to mitigate it by picking largest airport that could be stuffed in (intercontinental if possible :) And I have not fixed rest of the AI bugs, so still you can laugh a lot with AI. But no more with airports :)
If you need something, do it yourself or it will be never done.

My patches: Extra large maps (1048576 high, 1048576 wide) (FS#1059), Vehicle + Town + Industry console commands (FS#1060), few minor patches (FS#2820, FS#1521, FS#2837, FS#2843), AI debugging facility

Other: Very large ships NewGRF, Bilbo's multiplayer patch pack v5 (for OpenTTD 0.7.3)

Return to “Screenshots”