Screenshot Contest - Discussion (Read first post!)

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Sleepie
Director
Director

Post by Sleepie »

Mr. X wrote: Yeah, I bought the trophies then I was short on cash. :mrgreen:
Maybe buy cheaper ones next time so there is enough left for beer and cake :P

And thanks again for your efforts on this contest.
Denke nie gedacht zu haben, denn das Denken der Gedanken ist gedankenloses Denken.
Wiki Page/Talk, Member of the OpenTTD Scenarios Team
Looking for OpenTTD scenarios? - Here's a List of player-made scenarios. Please help us grow the database with your contributions.
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

My only feedback would be, next time we should have people nominate screenies for the awards, rather than people submitting them themselves.
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Sleepie
Director
Director

Post by Sleepie »

Raichase wrote:My only feedback would be, next time we should have people nominate screenies for the awards, rather than people submitting them themselves.
Not a bad idea, but then we should limit the amount of entries I guess and as a rule nobody could nominate own screenies ;)
Denke nie gedacht zu haben, denn das Denken der Gedanken ist gedankenloses Denken.
Wiki Page/Talk, Member of the OpenTTD Scenarios Team
Looking for OpenTTD scenarios? - Here's a List of player-made scenarios. Please help us grow the database with your contributions.
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

Sleepie wrote:
Raichase wrote:My only feedback would be, next time we should have people nominate screenies for the awards, rather than people submitting them themselves.
Not a bad idea, but then we should limit the amount of entries I guess and as a rule nobody could nominate own screenies ;)
Those are ideas! :)
We can let the winners organise a new contest if they want. :P
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

Congratulations to the people who won!
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Samwise
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Samwise »

Congrats! 't was fun to participate :)
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screen Capture Contest 2007! [Results!]

Post by Badger »

Just a random musing...... would anybody be interested in making this a monthly comp?
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

or a bi-/tri-/quad-/hex-anual competition
The occasional look back at your past can teach you a great many things...
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

I like the idea and I could run it if I thought there would be enough responses. Opinions?
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

Run it!
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

XeryusTC wrote:Run it!
Seconded!
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
LilDood
Director
Director

Post by LilDood »

Badger wrote:
XeryusTC wrote:Run it!
Seconded!
And now Thirded
m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

Fourthed (pyramid chain broken/Spam avoiding words :P)
The occasional look back at your past can teach you a great many things...
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

I say lets go for it, but only if a couple of changes were made:

1. One entry per user. People entering up to three just makes it way too complicated.
2. One vote per user. I don't remember how it went, but it's common sense.
3. Nominations. Rather than having people select "the best", seeing as we all view each others screenies, nominating a screenie would be a better idea. Bearing in mind it should be kept involved with rule 1, so that one user (ie Badger) didn't end up with fifty nominations to me meager forty six.
4. Times. Perhaps there should be a time limit as to when the screenie was uploaded? Ie the first contest people can nominate any screenie from the last million or so years, but from then on, the nominations are limited to between when nominations for the last contest closed and when the next contest closes. If that makes sense.
5. Should people be allowed to nominate themselves?
6. All good lists have 6 points. This is a good list.

:]
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
ImageImage
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

An interesting list that has raises a few points.

1) That was my intention all along and creates a level playing field.
2) Indeed, one vote per user is common sense.
3) Sounds like a good idea in principle but could lead to problems, what if some nominates your screenshot SCR223.png and someone else nominates SCR229.png? Do I take the first one or do I take the one with the highest number of nominations but there may not be a highest number of nominations. Needs to be considered.
4) An interesting idea, as the competition will be monthly it shouldn't be too hard for people to churn out a post's worth of screenshots in that time so I'd go with that notion.
5) In the interests of fairness, I think not.
6) This list is now a good list.
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Ameecher wrote:3) Sounds like a good idea in principle but could lead to problems, what if some nominates your screenshot SCR223.png and someone else nominates SCR229.png? Do I take the first one or do I take the one with the highest number of nominations but there may not be a highest number of nominations. Needs to be considered.
I don't know. Likely both will only have one nomination each. Perhaps the owner of the shot chooses which one they feel better represents their ability? Otherwise, in the case of most nominations, that would work too.
ImageImage
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Raichase wrote:
Ameecher wrote:3) Sounds like a good idea in principle but could lead to problems, what if some nominates your screenshot SCR223.png and someone else nominates SCR229.png? Do I take the first one or do I take the one with the highest number of nominations but there may not be a highest number of nominations. Needs to be considered.
I don't know. Likely both will only have one nomination each. Perhaps the owner of the shot chooses which one they feel better represents their ability? Otherwise, in the case of most nominations, that would work too.
We'll try the way you suggested unless there is a picture with higher nominations and see how it goes, rules can be changed of course ;)
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Ameecher wrote:
Raichase wrote:
We'll try the way you suggested unless there is a picture with higher nominations and see how it goes, rules can be changed of course ;)
RULES MUST NEVER BE CHANGED. ALWAYS DICTATORSHIP.

...or whatever works.
ImageImage
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

I think people should be able to enter their own screenshots. If you want a certain screenshot entered you can enter it yourself, and you don't have to rely on other people's nominations.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

I have created a new thread with a set of rules in that I hope will appease most people. Take a look at it here.

Return to “Screenshots”