[TTDP/OTTD] Badger's Screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

46. Just west of Bingley a goods loop is provided. An EE Type 3, D6703 on a Selby - Hinckley wood train is passed by a Brush Type 4, D1501 with a train from Margate - Halifax and Shipley. This site has been altered with the addition of purpose built freight tracks for the busy Hinckley Sawmill.

47. Bingley station with a new AM10 EMU, no.001 departing for Halifax and a Brush Type 4 , D1500 in the platform. A new junction has been created here for the freight tracks around the station, accessible from Selby or Halifax, since this pic was taken.

48. The approaches to Halifax have been improved with dedicated terminus lines and only these have been given wires for the local services from Margate. D1501 approaches the through platforms heading on towards Shipley.
Attachments
48..PNG
48..PNG (110.2 KiB) Viewed 4605 times
47..PNG
47..PNG (105.23 KiB) Viewed 4606 times
46..PNG
46..PNG (154.08 KiB) Viewed 4604 times
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

I slipped off the 1st page!!!!

Started a new UK based game, just took a random nice shot!
Attachments
Pic 50.PNG
Pic 50.PNG (114.77 KiB) Viewed 4449 times
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Badger wrote:I slipped off the 1st page!!!!
Heh, I've lived there for a while, mainly because I take screenshots and forgot to post them :P

I like this sort of screenshot, nice and simple but very effective.
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Cheers. :D Not got a very big network this time, trying to keep it simple. Its just turned 1940ish and all but 3 towns have some sort of connection to "Badger Transport". I may post more in upcoming days.
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Three more random-ish pics......
Attachments
My main station - Hoylake. The low level tracks are for local/suburban services.
My main station - Hoylake. The low level tracks are for local/suburban services.
Pic 53.PNG (115.95 KiB) Viewed 4376 times
Compare this to Pic 50 - things are getting busier. A new line has been built but the connection is yet to be made.
Compare this to Pic 50 - things are getting busier. A new line has been built but the connection is yet to be made.
Pic 52.PNG (160.58 KiB) Viewed 4377 times
Just a pretty pic really!
Just a pretty pic really!
Pic 51.PNG (89.47 KiB) Viewed 4378 times
Marshy
Director
Director

Post by Marshy »

Some really nice pics there, but in the second pic there is a gap in the rails in the top right, why? Im guessing it's either unused or under-construction.
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Me wrote:Pic 52.PNG
Description: Compare this to Pic 50 - things are getting busier. A new line has been built but the connection is yet to be made.
Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

Badger, you're screenshots quite simply kick arse.
My OpenTTD screenshot thread.

Formerly known as Lankku / 2-10-0
m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

badger: is there a town 'bradford' on your map, any trains going between them would be called 'bradford and bingley express.' UK only joke
The occasional look back at your past can teach you a great many things...
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

@2-10-0 - Cheers!

@m3henry - Sadly, no. No Bradford :lol:
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

I've got fed up with this game so here's a few screens from around the 1950's
Attachments
St Ippollitts - A northerly town which had a local terminating service as well as through mainline trains.
St Ippollitts - A northerly town which had a local terminating service as well as through mainline trains.
Pic 56.PNG (189.41 KiB) Viewed 4210 times
Bingley - 4 routes converge here and there's the small livestock siding too.
Bingley - 4 routes converge here and there's the small livestock siding too.
Pic 55.PNG (261.93 KiB) Viewed 4212 times
Whickham - I just really like this station, pretty realistic track work, worked very well.
Whickham - I just really like this station, pretty realistic track work, worked very well.
Pic 54.PNG (177.73 KiB) Viewed 4217 times
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

One more........
Attachments
Scunthorpe was the last town to be connected. It was served with mainline and local trains on 3 routes
Scunthorpe was the last town to be connected. It was served with mainline and local trains on 3 routes
Pic 57.PNG (156.92 KiB) Viewed 4209 times
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

I started a new game and founded "North East Railways (NER)". A simple passenger service was set up between Berwick and Rugeley with a stop at Harrogate en route. The line passes beneath Marston in a tunnel, the village being too small to warrant a station but a bus service to Berwick is provided.
A short grain service was set up to serve Blaydon Brewery and a goods service to take the beer to thirsty Harrogate!
Attachments
Harrogate - Passenger services pass. The freight platform fits in pretty well.
Harrogate - Passenger services pass. The freight platform fits in pretty well.
NER 3.PNG (132.04 KiB) Viewed 4120 times
Berwick station - this site is going to be troublesome in the future!
Berwick station - this site is going to be troublesome in the future!
NER 2.PNG (170.45 KiB) Viewed 4124 times
The map - Passengers betwwen Berwick and Rugeley. Freight from Blaydon to Harrogate
The map - Passengers betwwen Berwick and Rugeley. Freight from Blaydon to Harrogate
NER 1.PNG (13.17 KiB) Viewed 4123 times
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Attachments
Blaydon - The grain train is run by a "tram engine". Breweries are great, 1 grain = 2 goods!!
Blaydon - The grain train is run by a "tram engine". Breweries are great, 1 grain = 2 goods!!
NER 4.PNG (126.28 KiB) Viewed 4120 times
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Some line extensions have been built in recent years to Pendleton, Norwich and Loxhill (a map follows.)
Attachments
Loxhill - this is the beginning of the main route to the south. A non-stop to Berwick hauled by a 4-6-2 Pacific serves the route.
Loxhill - this is the beginning of the main route to the south. A non-stop to Berwick hauled by a 4-6-2 Pacific serves the route.
NER 7.PNG (170.66 KiB) Viewed 4029 times
Norwich - a small branch off the Blaydon goods line runs to Norwich. An all-stops to Berwick is the only service.
Norwich - a small branch off the Blaydon goods line runs to Norwich. An all-stops to Berwick is the only service.
NER 6.PNG (92.55 KiB) Viewed 4028 times
Pendleton - services have been extended from Rugeley and another train added, 3 now on this route.
Pendleton - services have been extended from Rugeley and another train added, 3 now on this route.
NER 5.PNG (158.4 KiB) Viewed 4030 times
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

A map showing the lines in the north and, the new electrified lines in the south.
Attachments
The map - the southern route is about to be extended to Stalybridge.
The map - the southern route is about to be extended to Stalybridge.
NER 8.PNG (24.71 KiB) Viewed 4026 times
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

The new southern electrified route......
Attachments
Polebrook - a temporary terminus for the time being.
Polebrook - a temporary terminus for the time being.
NER 11.PNG (80.54 KiB) Viewed 4026 times
Sunderland - completely unremarkable!
Sunderland - completely unremarkable!
NER 10.PNG (106.81 KiB) Viewed 4026 times
Warrington - I plan this to be the main town in the south, hence why land has been purcheased around the station.
Warrington - I plan this to be the main town in the south, hence why land has been purcheased around the station.
NER 9.PNG (174.56 KiB) Viewed 4025 times
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [TTDP] Badger's Screenshots

Post by Badger »

That game got dumped when I moved house - also why I slipped to the 2nd page :shock:

NEW GAME

1. An overview of my new map. Plans are for a route from Youlton into Saltcoats via Fareham, a line from Sheerness down to Haywards Heath via Saltcoats, and a line down the West Coast.

2.The small terminus and shed at Youlton. Trains run to Fareham via either Horsham or Blaydon.

3.The temporary terminus at Fareham and the junction of the 2 branches.
Attachments
Badger Inc 1.PNG
Badger Inc 1.PNG (29.14 KiB) Viewed 3670 times
Badger Inc 2.PNG
Badger Inc 2.PNG (131.62 KiB) Viewed 3673 times
Badger Inc 3.PNG
Badger Inc 3.PNG (169.63 KiB) Viewed 3670 times
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

4. Margate, one town up form Youlton and where the line splits. Trains taking the Horsham route don't call here so an avoiding line is provided.
Attachments
Badger Inc 4.PNG
Badger Inc 4.PNG (111.46 KiB) Viewed 3665 times
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Excellent, ISA, you and myself are keeping the TTDP fort alive! Good to see someone making an effort (hint hint Raichase :P).

You're gonna have some problems at Margate with that set up though, blockages for miles. That is of course if you run networks like I do. ie. 1) Build Infrastructure. 2) Build trains until infrastructure breaks. 3) Botch a rebuild. Repeat step 2, followed by 3, followed by 2, followed by 3. 4) Start a new game.

Return to “Screenshots”