[TTDP/OTTD] Badger's Screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
ivanfurlanis
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: [TTDP/OTTD] Badger's Screenshots

Post by ivanfurlanis »

Badger wrote:4 - Mawdesley with it's short passenger platform and adjacent goods siding. The short passenger service shuffles along behind an 0-6-0 Tram engine.
The line heading south is a short branch to Harrogate.

5 - A few years later the station has been moved to a better location and the trackwork altered to suit. The old station platform has become part of the goods sidings and the Tram engine replaced with an 0-6-0 Pannier Tank seen in the station. Also present, the 2-6-4 Tank on the Harrogate train.
It will be very interesting to see how you'll manage to extend the line further north across the town :wink:.
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

Witham's bridges and roads look great!
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

You weren't tempted by Pikka's revamp of UKRS then Badger?
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

ivanfurlanis wrote:
Badger wrote:Mawdesley ...... A few years later the station has been moved to a better location and the trackwork altered to suit.
It will be very interesting to see how you'll manage to extend the line further north across the town :wink:.
Thankfully there are no nearby towns in that direction!
Ameecher wrote:You weren't tempted by Pikka's revamp of UKRS then Badger?
Not keen on the smaller scale and some trains are missing atm. When it's completed maybe.......
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Your screenshots of your latest game convey such a great sense of "quaint". You've really captured the early scale quite nicely, something that is harder than it looks. I would put this down to careful construction and attention to detail, combined with good use of new graphics!
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Thanks Rai!

7 - Chertsey is at the end of the South Coast Line (SCL) from Uttoxeter. Originally just a 2 platform terminus, a pair of through platforms have very recently been added for a new line on to Halifax and beyond. The branch heading north forms a loop through Dorchester and Long Sutton to Rickmansworth, and the 3-car AEC set that runs the branch can be seen loading in one of the through platforms. On the other, another AEC set from Halifax has just arrived. Departing is an SCL service to Uttoxeter.
GSR 7.png
8 - Out west, just passed Liversedge, a plentiful Quarry caught my sights. On the island to the south near Gloucester an Engineer's Yard presented a chance for easy money. Three 0-6-0 freight engines with rakes of mineral wagons ply this route, one of which is seen at the quarry sidings. The train will take the single track, the dual track is part of a westerly main line under construction.
GSR 8.png
GSR 8.png (185.59 KiB) Viewed 4296 times
9 - With increased traffic Uttoxeter needed expanding. The original train shed now spans 4 tracks for the SCL including the shuttle service to Witham. An extra platform on the other side is used mainly for locals to Newmarket.
A service towards Witham departs while another sits under the train shed. In the bay a Newmarket service has just arrived.
GSR 9.png
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
Irwe
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Irwe »

Your station layouts looks awsome with that station set :] , it's some kind of unreleased one right?
Swedish Houses Version 1.1 Released
Swedish Road Vehicles Work in Progress
Gremnon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Gremnon »

He teasing us with the unreleased British stations set.
Damn you Badger, with your stations tempting us all.

Nice screens though.
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Fantastic! I like your station track layouts, very real-life. Your gravel train is amazing though, a single loco to haul all that freight? It doesn't stall on hills at all?
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Raichase wrote:Fantastic! I like your station track layouts, very real-life. Your gravel train is amazing though, a single loco to haul all that freight? It doesn't stall on hills at all?
OTTD is not so harsh on freight trains at TTDP is.
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

Ameecher wrote:
Raichase wrote:Fantastic! I like your station track layouts, very real-life. Your gravel train is amazing though, a single loco to haul all that freight? It doesn't stall on hills at all?
depends on your settings, if you set the weight multiplier to lets say 5-20x it will take a few engines just to haul a handfull of wagons....
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

My weight multiplier is se to x5.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

ZxBiohazardZx wrote:
Ameecher wrote:
depends on your settings, if you set the weight multiplier to lets say 5-20x it will take a few engines just to haul a handfull of wagons....
The fact remains that the physics of OTTD are different to that of TTDP. freighttrains x5 is in OTTD is NOTHING like the same setting in TTDP.
peter1138
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by peter1138 »

OTTD slopes are 3%, TTDP's are 5%. That will make a difference, along with the acceleration code being different anyway...
He's like, some kind of OpenTTD developer.
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

just means you will have to set your OTTD multiplier to 7x if you used to play 5x on ttdp.... how hard is it to just set the multiplier higher till you DO like it (and why is the slope different on the same tile...? shouldnt be to hard to make a newgrf to set it back to 5%? would it?
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Still, setting x7 on OTTD is not the same as x5 on TTDP. Just accept it, if you don't set up TTDP and try it.
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

Hello!
Can I ask the grf's name what contains this one platformed overpass?
It looks like it's the Suburban stations set, but I see only one side platforms without overpass, and two platform overpass.
Attachments
overpass.PNG
overpass.PNG (23.67 KiB) Viewed 3824 times
John
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by John »

colossal404 wrote:Hello!
Can I ask the grf's name what contains this one platformed overpass?
It looks like it's the Suburban stations set, but I see only one side platforms without overpass, and two platform overpass.
I asked the same question a whole 2 pages back! (Page 20).

The answer is in my post: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=827657#p827657
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

Ohh... I'm sure I'm totally blind, sorry.
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Same game still going, just taken very few screenies!
For some odd reason those I have taken seem to be of Newmarket station and nicely documents how its evolved over 60 years.

10 - Circa 1950. Originally a very sparse 2 platform affair, a 3rd platform was added as traffic increased. The junction at the west takes you to Chertsey, Liversedge or Mawdesley. The east junction is where the Sproston Green loop rejoins. A westbound express thunders through.
GSR10.png
11 - A few years later a 4th platform is added mainly to keep local terminating services out of the way of expresses. Only a couple of longer distance services call here, one of which can be seen on the down main. A local from the Sproston loop has terminated forcing a through express to take a longer path through via the up slow line.
GSR11.png
12 - Sometime in the late 1990s now. A fifth platform has been added and the "wires" have arrived. Local services from the Sproston loop now run on to Adwick-le-Street. A pair of 321s can be seen on the left coming and going on the branch to Adwick. A small EMU servicing depot was built in the mid 1970s when the wires 1st arrived.
GSR12.png

Return to “Screenshots”