[TTDP/OTTD] Badger's Screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [TTDP] Badger's Screenshots

Post by Badger »

Only got 2 trains at the mo - don't panic mr mainwaring!
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Permission to speak sir! ;)
Dopefish_lives
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Dopefish_lives »

File comment: Blaydon - The grain train is run by a "tram engine". Breweries are great, 1 grain = 2 goods!!
what newgrf's are you using for the brewery?
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Dopefish_lives wrote:
File comment: Blaydon - The grain train is run by a "tram engine". Breweries are great, 1 grain = 2 goods!!
what newgrf's are you using for the brewery?
They can be found here
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

I believe that you should use Pikka's basic Industries which can be found here They replace the UKRSI and have stockpiling for all the industries in the other climates too.
Last edited by Ameecher on 17 Aug 2007 18:19, edited 1 time in total.
m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

Last edited by m3henry on 19 Aug 2007 18:07, edited 1 time in total.
The occasional look back at your past can teach you a great many things...
GoneWacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GoneWacko »

* GoneWacko joins the bandwagon

You can find those here :roll:
GoneWacko. Making [url=irc://irc.oftc.net/tycoon]#tycoon[/url] sexy and exciting since 1784.
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Oi, cut that out! Don't come in my thread abusing your power :wink:

Edit by Raichase: Yeah, abuse of power is... wait, did I hit "edit" or "quote"? Feel free to remove my comments Badger :tongue:
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Damn moderators! Just waiting for Andel to stick his oar in now (should be safe here in a TTDP thread!).

Right, one new pic ...........

5. The route from Youlton and Fareham terminating at Saltcoats. This station will grow as other routes form the north, south and west get added.
Attachments
Badger Inc 5.PNG
Badger Inc 5.PNG (141.05 KiB) Viewed 4015 times
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Badger wrote:Damn moderators! Just waiting for Andel to stick his oar in now (should be safe here in a TTDP thread!)
Don't worry, he'll appear soon enough :roll:

Looking good as usual Badger, I wish I could remember what the switch is that allows you to see the townpopulation in town name is, I lost that when I reinstalled, I think it's miscmod or something like that...

Any chance of seeing a map?
GoneWacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GoneWacko »

Code: Select all

miscmods.displaytownsize on                       // display town size in the name
As for the screenshots, indeed, looking good.

I keep trying to start a good game, but I just can't make the initial network as easily expandable as you two seem to be able to do :)
GoneWacko. Making [url=irc://irc.oftc.net/tycoon]#tycoon[/url] sexy and exciting since 1784.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Thank you GoneWacko, I knew it was something like that.

As for making my networks easily expandable, that's not really on purpose, more of the lucky of the draw, what I do though is to generate a random new game and keep using the New Game option to get a good spread of towns and then progressively link up the towns, starting a service as soon as possible instead of building the whole line and then being stuck with no money to build trains. This is something that Badger also does and is a far more realistic way of doing it.

Also, I don't build my stations initially huge (with the exception of some that I know will become major hubs but even they are often built smaller than I will ultimately need) I just earmark land for expansion by either buying it or just not letting the town build there (I use townbuildnoroads so I can dictate where I want the town to expand. Then it's a case of piling on trains and fixing pinchpoints and bottlenecks, many of my lines stay single track until the end of the game because that is what works. If it ain't broke, don't fix it ;)

Apologies Badger for hi-jacking your thread.
andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by andel »

They look god-awful. Get back to Lomo where you belong! Bloody TTDP users...
Andel
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of Andel, who will do and say almost anything to get the attention he craves.
[/size]
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Ameecher wrote:Thank you GoneWacko, I knew it was something like that...... blah blah blah.........Apologies Badger for hi-jacking your thread.
Yep, I do basically the same as Ameecher. Its all about finding the right spread of towns. Depending on what kind of game you want to play dictates how many towns you want.
For big urban networks with fast expresses and slow local services around large cities I go for "High" on the number of towns, then find a map with lots of towns huddled together.
For just a general network with a mix of everything I pick "Normal" and go for a good even spread all over the map.
Raichase I think favours the "Low" setting, 2 or 3 towns close together to get yourself started, with the rest of the towns miles away leading to quite a rural feel.
I almost always have industries set to "Low", I feel there is just too many otherwise.
andel wrote:They look god-awful. Get back to Lomo where you belong! Bloody TTDP users...
I do both, why don't you give TTDP a go :P
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Badger wrote: For just a general network with a mix of everything I pick "Normal" and go for a good even spread all over the map.
Raichase I think favours the "Low" setting, 2 or 3 towns close together to get yourself started, with the rest of the towns miles away leading to
*Waves*

"Low" or "Medium". Not game to use "High" incase they eat my railway. Still, am considering a "Cityscape" game with the next DBXL when it comes out, treating the whole map a one city, as a lot of suburbs have green belts in between them. I'd delete most of the farms though :P.
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

More screens.......

6. Peterborough has been added to my small network - a service runs to a new platform at Youlton.

7.A farm just south of Peterborough and a Food Processing Plant near Youlton have been linked using the new passenger branch, itself only a few months old.

8. A livestock train heads for the farm.
Attachments
Badger Inc 6.PNG
Badger Inc 6.PNG (148.65 KiB) Viewed 3896 times
Badger Inc 7.PNG
Badger Inc 7.PNG (129.13 KiB) Viewed 3891 times
Badger Inc 8.PNG
Badger Inc 8.PNG (137.43 KiB) Viewed 3888 times
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

9. The small yard for the Food Plant at Youlton.

10.Youlton station with the new Peterborough platform on the far right.

11.The current network.
Attachments
Badger Inc 9.PNG
Badger Inc 9.PNG (116.26 KiB) Viewed 3891 times
Badger Inc 10.PNG
Badger Inc 10.PNG (179.97 KiB) Viewed 3898 times
Badger Inc 11.PNG
Badger Inc 11.PNG (23.39 KiB) Viewed 3889 times
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Liking the new platform layout at Youlton. Do you have trains reversing at stations on or do the trains run into the depot before returning to the station?
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

I have mine reversing in the station, though I like your method too. I'd like the servicing depot idea thing thats been suggested elsewhere before.
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

12. Some idiot built this little line then realised he had no money for a train!!
Attachments
Badger Inc 12.PNG
Badger Inc 12.PNG (151.07 KiB) Viewed 3800 times

Return to “Screenshots”