[TTDP/OTTD] Badger's Screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [TTDP/OTTD] Badger's Screenshots

Post by Badger »

13 - Right up to date now, 2009. A complete modernisation has taken place. From top to bottom, Plat 1 is for up locals to Uttoxeter via the Sproston Loop. Plat 2 is reversible for local services and also serves as the loop off the up main direct route to Uttoxeter. Plat 3 is mainly for down locals to Adwick and also doubles as the up line from the Chertsey route which uses the new fly-under to minimise conflicting movements. The up and down main are un-platformed and plat 5 is a loop for down main and Chertsey services.
A class 92 passes through plat 2 heading for Uttoxeter freight terminal with a goods train from Hawarden while in plat 5 an 8-car 365 heads for Chertsey.
GSR13.png
14 - The in-game map for the surrounding area. Requests are welcome.
GSR14.png
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
Nite Owl
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Nite Owl »

Showing the progression of a network (or portion thereof) over time is always a welcoming sight. Very well done.
Humor is the second most subjective thing on the planet
------------------------------------------------------------
Brevity is the soul of wit and obscenity is its downfall
--------------------------------------------------------
Good Night And Good Luck - Read You Soon
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

I am seriously running out of postitive things to say...

Anyways; great, awesome, top notch, brilliant, superb etc!
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

Uttoxeter, Halifax and Mawdesley please :)

Some awesome screenshots here mate!
(British) Modular Stations Set - Thread: | Website:
Swiss Set - Thread: | Website:
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Found 3 more older shots.

15 - Bridgwater has evolved slighty since this earlier shot. Long distance services pass through on their way west.
2 long distance services can be seen, also the local goods service to Mawdesley and one of the mineral trains.
GSR 15.png
16 - Mawdesley and the newly built triangle to the south of the station allowing direct trains to run from Uttoexeter towards the far western cities. An extra platform has been added and various local and express services can be seen.
GSR 16.png
17 - A slighty newer version of Uttoxeter, not too much has changed since the last pic. A shunter moves some old stock into the carriage sidings while a DMU awaits it's next turn on the Sproston Loop.
GSR 17.png
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

jvassie wrote:Uttoxeter, Halifax and Mawdesley please :)
18 - Uttoxeter 2009. Busiest place on the network by far, with express, outer and inner suburban routes to almost everywhere. 6 of the 11 platforms are occupied, the HST, Voyager and Pendelino are on express turns while the 365 is on an inner suburban service. The other 2 trains in the station are out of sight, most likely a 365 or 321 on suburban services. The 8-car 365s are on the route to Uttoxeter Cathedral station via the Airport Line.
The line using the bridge in the foreground is freight only to the goods depot top-right.
GSR 18.png
19 - Halifax has grown over the years. Once there was just a simple 2 platform station, then the Brewery came and traffic greatly increased.
2 farms and 4 trains serve the Brewery, both only a short trip away. The goods are taken along the south coast line to Uttoxeter.
The station was increased to 4 platforms when the Oil Refinery was built, plastic being moved up to the factory at Hawarden.
Passenger services are a mix of HST and Voyager on longer distance services, only some actually call. Locals are in the hands of some old 150 DMUs.
GSR 19.png
20 - The area around Mawdesley was extensively rebuilt to cater for iron ore trains from the other side of the city. A tram route was built to cater for the airport that sits between Mawdesley and Bridgwater (this being a rare game where I'm using planes!). A 66 hauls some ore across the station throat towards the stell mill at Watford. A 150 waits for the Bridgwater route to clear.
GSR 20.png
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

I approve greatly of these shots. They do genuinely look fantastic and the 365s look particularily fine ;)
The layouts are nice and realistic and it's not heaving like my games tend to. Suddenly made me want to play, shame I don't actually have a computer to play it on.
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

A better look at the junction in GSR 18.

21 - Ok, top left we've got Uttoxeter Witham Rd. The slow lines use the tunnels beneath the fast lines and the goods route to the Freight Terminal. The slow lines then split for either Witham or the Letchworth route.
The fast lines use a flying junction for either Witham or the Airport route, which continues through to Uttoxeter Cathedral station.
Top right you can just see the freight line connecting the Freight Terminal to the Witham route.
A 92 heads towards the Freight Terminal with goods from Hawarden, an 8car 365 comes off the Airport Line as a 67 hauls a mail train along the fasts to Witham. Bottom of the pic you can just make out another 365 in Letchworth station.
Attachments
GSR 21.png
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

What a lovely picture :)

I do like the three seperate lines crossing at a single point, bridge, rail and tunnel combined :)
(British) Modular Stations Set - Thread: | Website:
Swiss Set - Thread: | Website:
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Why thank you, it took some doing, and has been revised oh so many times. Think I'm happy with it for the time being!
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

A new game, 512x512 map, also my 1st game with FIRS.

It's 1940 (game started in 1920). The first tracks were laid on North Island connecting a Coal Mine at Munchen to a Power Station at Roshorst. This made a decent bit of cash, enough to add passenger services from Roshorst to Albmund via Bonn. This was later extended down to Neststadt with a small halt at Gera.
Tonwald (to the north of Roshorst) originally was connected by bus but as funds increased a line was constructed from Bonn via Limstadt, and a tram route introduced as well.

NB1 - A local departs Tonwald for Roshorst while a tram approaches.
NB1.png
NB1.png (130.08 KiB) Viewed 3822 times
NB2 - Roshorst with it's 4-platform terminus. A stopper for Tonwald fills with passengers. The coal unloading sidings can also be glimpsed.
NB2.png
NB2.png (325.23 KiB) Viewed 553 times
NB3 - The Bonn area. The line top-left is for Limstadt while middle-left heads for Albmund and Neststadt. An all-stations to Neststadt departs while a fast (doesn't call at Albmund or Gera) sits in the station.
NB3.png
NB3.png (324.29 KiB) Viewed 553 times
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

NB4 - The mini-map of the area.
2 3-car ET-87s for Roshorst - Bonn - Limstadt - Tonwald and return.
2 V140s for Roshorst - Bonn - Albmund - Gera - Neststadt and return.
2 BR18s for Roshorst - Bonn - Neststadt and return.
Coal is handled by 2 BR144s.
Attachments
NB4.png
NB4.png (6.82 KiB) Viewed 3819 times
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

I thought 'Oh a German style game... hopefully Badger won't use station grfs that aren't released yet..' but noooo :twisted: Great shots all the same :D
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

jake.grimshaw wrote:I thought 'Oh a German style game... hopefully Badger won't use station grfs that aren't released yet..' but noooo :twisted: Great shots all the same :D
All grfs used are available, you just gotta look for them. I've used nothing that isn't available somewhere or other.
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

Ah.. I was thinking the large station in Uttoxeter, and the station in Bonn were from an unreleased station set?
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Uttoxeter is unreleased but Bonn is from stuff readily available.
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

Which version of that station set creates a station like Bonn? I cannot seem to create 'half platforms' with an overpass that spans the gap?
Gord
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Gord »

I was about to say as well...I have the platforms of Bonn but the overpass isn't the same.

Fantastic screenshots. Real detail to look at.
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Sorry guys, you'll have to hunt through stuff like I did, Project Generic Stations would be a good start, though whether they where in that topic or linked to I can't remember.

Return to “Screenshots”