[TTDP/OTTD] Badger's Screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [TTDP/OTTD] Badger's Screenshots

Post by Badger »

Woah, not posted in here for a year!

I've still got this game so here's some more screenies ...
8 - Esens 1991.png
(649.81 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
So Esens got big! Despite it's size only 38 trains use this station but as many are short inner-suburban services there's always something in and around the station. We'll be following the express in platform 1 on it's journey east across the map.
Our train will head straight into a tunnel beneath the suburban loop line.
9 - Wesselburen.png
9 - Wesselburen.png (343.29 KiB) Viewed 1059 times
Wesselburen is the first station on the mainline though our train is non-stop for it's whole journey. The line joining just west of the station are the slow lines from Esens, having passed through the outer suburbs of the city.
10 - Wesselburen East Junction.png
10 - Wesselburen East Junction.png (324.18 KiB) Viewed 1059 times
Immediately east of Wesselburen several freight-only and an outer suburban route converge and diverge. We shall continue east....
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

11 - Tornesch 1986.png
11 - Tornesch 1986.png (277.23 KiB) Viewed 1058 times
The next station we pass through is Tornesch, this being the 1986 alignment. The single line to the right heads to several oil wells. Capacity was always an issue here, especially onto the double track mainline heading east so changes were needed....
12 - Tornesch 1992.png
12 - Tornesch 1992.png (377.68 KiB) Viewed 1058 times
.... which we can see in this 1992 view. An extra platform has been added, the line to the oil wells doubled and the mainline east quadrupled.
13 - Neustadt 1992.png
13 - Neustadt 1992.png (288.55 KiB) Viewed 1058 times
Immediately east of Tornesch is Neustadt, a small town with platforms only on the slow lines. All freight uses the slow lines freeing up the mainline for expresses only.
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

14 - Kaltenkirchen 1992.png
14 - Kaltenkirchen 1992.png (307.82 KiB) Viewed 1058 times
Kaltenkirchen is the next town along the line however we are now off the true mainline to Hamburg which is where the line from the bottom of the pic comes from.
15 - Wiesmoor 1992.png
15 - Wiesmoor 1992.png (388.68 KiB) Viewed 1058 times
Journeys end is Wiesmoor having passed several lesser villages en route. Our train can just be seen beneath the overall roof.
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

16 - Quickborn 1973.png
(491.43 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
Quickborn's city centre was perched on an island just off the mainland. 2 stations were built due to the awkwardness of the area and tram and bus links from each station to the main island. No trains to be seen amazingly!
17 - Quickborn 1992.png
(1.42 MiB) Downloaded 12 times
Times have changed come 1992. The 2 stations are no more and some significant land reclamation has occurred. We now have one, more central, station with bays at either end for local services and 3 main through platforms although most services do terminate here. Some freight passes through though the majority use the avoiding lines around the south of the area.
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

18 - Hamburg.png
(600.92 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
Hamburg was mentioned earlier and here it is. Always busy as a small freight depot is just to the north of the city served by the single line at the top of the screen. A short commuter route snakes through the south of the city (see next pic) and also serves a small oil terminal. The mainline line to Esens is to the left and several small towns to the right.
19 - Barmstedt and south Hamburg.png
19 - Barmstedt and south Hamburg.png (446.44 KiB) Viewed 1058 times
Barmstadt is immediately south of Hamburg and we can see an oil train reversing in the siding before pulling forward into the terminal. A commuter service drops down from Hamburg.
20 - Map.png
20 - Map.png (96.63 KiB) Viewed 1058 times
Requests are welcome. The red line is the route we followed and the areas circled have been featured already.
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Cool screenshots. I liked to look at them. :)
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

@Badger

Hm, is there a special town name generator with only Northern German town names in your game? Quite suspicious ...

regards
Michael
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

Really nice work Badger.

It may just be a coincidence but it looks as though you employ a similar realism trick that I do. Do you consciously build electric rails so that they catenary is on the outside of the rails? This is something that I aim for (which drives me up the wall when I want to put track through a narrow valley and it doesn't line up properly!) but I don't see that many people do it.
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

SwissFan91 wrote:Really nice work Badger.

It may just be a coincidence but it looks as though you employ a similar realism trick that I do. Do you consciously build electric rails so that they catenary is on the outside of the rails? This is something that I aim for (which drives me up the wall when I want to put track through a narrow valley and it doesn't line up properly!) but I don't see that many people do it.
Where I've got the space I always put catenary on the outside, I may even realign tracks when upgrading to electrified lines to achieve the effect...
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

really nice serie of screenies :) and the screenie Essens 1991 is a masterpiece :shock: well done
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Reading and District Transport

I've been playing a UK based game for quite a while now and we've reached the mid 1990s. A lot of the network has been electrified but much still needs attention - new rolling stock, signalling, expanding and rationalising, there's a lot to do!

R & D 1 - We shall follow one of the Intercity services, a 90+MK3s, from the mid-western city of Greenock to the capital, Reading. Our train awaits passengers in platform 5 as an 8-car 312 approaches platform 2 from Basingstoke.
R and D 1.png
R and D 1.png (515.01 KiB) Viewed 1054 times
R & D 2 - Stokenchurch is our next stop. Our train has come from the left of the screen, the line from the bottom is a loop from Greenock serving a small town (the 312 seen at Greenock will take this route to Stokenchurch).
R and D 2.png
R and D 2.png (281.56 KiB) Viewed 1054 times
R & D 3 - Coventry is the next notable stop, our service having passed through one other unremarkable town en route. Out of view to the left is a junction to the south-western cluster of towns. Bays at either end of the station are used by local services as the density of surrounding towns starts to increase. Our train dwells while a knackered 6-car 101 DMU sits in the bay with a stopper to Leeds.
R and D 3.png
R and D 3.png (357.2 KiB) Viewed 1054 times
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

R & D 4 - Our train passes through Knapton non-stop having caught up with the 101 from Coventry which slows for the call. A 47 hauling a rake of Presflo wagons heads towards the south-western towns while a 315 pauses with a Peterborough - Coventry stopper. A 92 waits for a path with a loaded coil train to a factory off the bottom of the screen.
R and D 4.png
R and D 4.png (314.05 KiB) Viewed 1054 times
R & D 5 - Leeds has a bay for the stoppers from Coventry and 3 bays facing right for various local terminating services. Our train occupies one of the 3 through platforms as a Greenock-bound express heads west.
R and D 5.png
R and D 5.png (329.07 KiB) Viewed 1054 times
R & D 6 - Sheffield Central is passed at speed by our train. The area is largely built up from here all the way into Reading. An 8-car 321 waits the road behind our train while 2 6-car 313s pass on stoppers on the Reading - Sheffield route (off the bottom of the screen). The line across the left and top is freight only, required because of the heavy amount of traffic through the area.
R and D 6.png
R and D 6.png (467.32 KiB) Viewed 1054 times
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

R & D 7 - Our train passes the multiple junctions between Nottingham and Derby, passing beneath the direct route to Reading Central passing an 8-car 321 heading towards Peterborough. At the top is the freight only line from Sheffield and a small goods depot in the middle with connections to the main route through Reading. It's 6 tracks from now on too.
R and D 7.png
R and D 7.png (494.59 KiB) Viewed 1054 times
R & D 8 - Reading Victoria and it's western approaches see the arrival of our train. 52 trains use this station, the biggest and busiest on the network. An 8-car 508 leaves with a local service to the northern suburbs as a 6-car 313 arrives from Sheffield. A 37 waits for a path west with empty tanks from a nearby harbour while an aging 8-car 312 fills with punters. To the east a parcels service departs, and on the western approaches 2 8-car 321 formations pass a pair of 37s with containers for Nottingham goods depot.
R and D 8.png
R and D 8.png (494.3 KiB) Viewed 1054 times
R & D 9 - A map of the route our train took. Feel free to ask for specific areas.
R & D 9.png
R & D 9.png (61.1 KiB) Viewed 1054 times
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

Lovely stuff. Great map.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

I do enjoy your building style. Keep it up!
FulliAutomatix
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FulliAutomatix »

Hold up a minute...
Single sided British stations?? Since when has this been a thing? And where can I find it?!
Also some good screenshots of UK stuff there!
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

FulliAutomatix wrote:Hold up a minute...
Single sided British stations?? Since when has this been a thing? And where can I find it?!
Also some good screenshots of UK stuff there!
Either BRStations (Modern) or British Station Set + Alexandra Palace.
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

British Modular Stations Set, think it was released somewhere but never quite finished.
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

Badger wrote:British Modular Stations Set, think it was released somewhere but never quite finished.
Unfortunately real life marches on and I never got time to finish it :(
(British) Modular Stations Set - Thread: | Website:
Swiss Set - Thread: | Website:
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

To say, you sadly couldn't finish the Swiss Set. Although the CFF set is sufficient for now.

Return to “Screenshots”