Junction

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
nido
Engineer
Engineer

Junction

Post by nido »

Hi all.

I'm a new player and hence new to this site as well, and I read up on some discussions on leaving space between tracks (for easy passing) or not. Usually people were leaving one tile between the roads.

Anyway, I got the idea of using two spaces in between the roads. Not so much because of the overtaking (which I don't really need since I barely managed to get to the stable part of the game without competition, probably doing some things wrong), but because it makes nice junctions. I was considering the four-way junction which I found pretty interesting.

From what I understand, there are basically 3 ``rules''. exits before merges, don't pass over track that you don't need to run over, prefer natural turns.Here's what I came up with.

I used tunnels because I prefer fast exist over fast merges, but bridges can be used for the opposite effect. Any comment or suggestion welcome. Have fun
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Junction

Post by Alberth »

The double 45 degrees corners pretty much kill all speed. If you make those pieces longer, trains will travel over it much faster, giving better flow.
audigex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by audigex »

It's usually better to make the tunnel/bridge part of the track which is going in a straight line, as it reduces the sharpness of the corners required.
Jon
insulfrog
Engineer
Engineer

Post by insulfrog »

I suppose the junction is fine in an inner-city/dense urban environment where space above ground is very limited and good for metro/subway style networks, plus there isn't much room for smooth corners and fast trains in them networks so a junction is that type is useful in that area. :)
bwong
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by bwong »

insulfrog wrote:I suppose the junction is fine in an inner-city/dense urban environment where space above ground is very limited and good for metro/subway style networks, plus there isn't much room for smooth corners and fast trains in them networks so a junction is that type is useful in that area. :)
but that takes so much space...
Check out some of my work

Return to “Screenshots”