[OTTD] Two5Kid's Screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Two5Kid
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: [OTTD] Two5Kid's Screenshots

Post by Two5Kid »

I don't know how to make a .rar, hopefully .zip would do. And by the way, I'm playing on a Mac with a really old version of OTTD, so I hope all works out well for you. Most of the grfs are just the basic I have, some are not even used in the game but I switch it on too.

As for the savegame, I'm not sure how you're going to run it. I hope it does run.

By the way, I can't upload some of the grfs, they are too big, but you can download them from the forum
1) Industrial Stations - indstatw.grf [1.3MB]
2) Canadian Stations v0.3d - canstnw.grf [2.6MB]

I would like to apologize in advance for the placing of the CanSet grf because it's unreleased by the developers but it's much needed if you were to get the savegame running.
Attachments
Virginian & Ohio, 1st Feb 1976.sav
[Savegame]
(98.35 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
Virginian & Ohio.zip
[The scenario and the smaller grfs]
(3.25 MiB) Downloaded 139 times
Cansetw.grf
[This you need, a big sorry to the CanSet people]
(1.68 MiB) Downloaded 128 times
Any dream worth having,
Is a dream worth fighting for!
Two5Kid
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Two5Kid »

[Lime Cliff]
[Lime Cliff]
Virginian&Ohio28.png (374.96 KiB) Viewed 8834 times
Lime Cliff is famous for its cliffs (hence the name) and also the only functioning factory on the V&O layout. Usually, extra operators would be the ones running the lumber service and the goods from this factory. Since they are the only trains stopping here. The original V&O by McClelland doesn't have Lime Cliff, I just found that it's fun to have a town here rather than more forest scenery.
[Trainspotting]
[Trainspotting]
Virginian&Ohio30.png (325.9 KiB) Viewed 8834 times
Some trainspotting to be done here. The tracks on the bridge is from the branchline off Lime Cliff, heading towards the Santel Staging Yards. Usually the trainmaster would be in charge of the Staging Yard, sending in extras or keeping the lines across the whole layout busy with trains.
The coal service uses the Stone Creek branchline just below the bridge.
[Santel Staging Yard]
[Santel Staging Yard]
Virginian&Ohio31.png (205.71 KiB) Viewed 8834 times
This is a rather empty shot of Santel Staging Yard, the blue area behind the Staging Yard Office is where I usually sits and route trains across the layout. Most of the trains are out running, hence the rather empty yard. As part of the operating scenario, sometimes I tend to throw in some extra trains to muddle up the timetable. Some 'extras' could have priority labels, or some could just be slowing down the single track areas. This is to add certain random flavour to the typical operating scenario during operating sessions. And the staging yard is a good area to check on the trains passing by, as in whether their loads follow the one on their scenario card.
Any dream worth having,
Two5Kid
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Two5Kid »

[Otto's Coalmine]
[Otto's Coalmine]
Virginian&Ohio32.png (292.2 KiB) Viewed 8830 times
This is the only part of the layout that is totally built by another person other than me, I've no input or help during the construction, painting and wiring of this area, which is being referred to as "Otto's Coalmine", built by my new neighbour, Otto. It serves the South Marlington Power Station right across the layout. A pretty long and arduous journey.
[Busy junction]
[Busy junction]
Virginian&Ohio33.png (350.93 KiB) Viewed 8830 times
This busy junction lies just outside Manningtree, it brings freight trains loaded with farm produce coming from Wynegate and Undercliff towards the Manningtree Food Processing Plant on the line on your left. I've caught a picture on a rather busy (typical) day at the junction.
Any dream worth having,
Paltala
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Paltala »

as much as i would have loved to play it, wont load on my pc due to compatability issues =(
ImageImage
ImageImage
Two5Kid
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Two5Kid »

Sorry my friends, took time off to get married, now I'm back in the business again! Yay!
[Manningtree]
[Manningtree]
Virginian&Ohio34.png (480.98 KiB) Viewed 8711 times
Manningtree Food Processing Plant is the main hub of activity on any given operating day, since it is receiving 6 grain/livestock services and including 3 or more goods services. Train crews would need to be really good at handling the traffic here and this is also the place where most of the delays occur.
[Converge]
[Converge]
Virginian&Ohio35.png (286.1 KiB) Viewed 8711 times
Once the freight trains clear the station at Manningtree, they will join up with the main line just before Lindale. Most of the times, the passenger services are just eye candy, running along the track in loops, it's mainly for fans or viewers to enjoy the look of trains running around the track. Not a lot of visitors enjoy the simple shunting procedure. Haha!
[Linn Creek]
[Linn Creek]
Virginian&Ohio36.png (275.69 KiB) Viewed 8711 times
The tracks from Lindale to New Garver, a climbing gradient of almost 15%, brings about some of the photogenic areas alongside the V&O layout. It's just miles and miles of trees, some double-track areas and tunnels.
Any dream worth having,
Two5Kid
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Two5Kid »

Here are some 'scenic' shots!
Attachments
[Summit Tunnel]
[Summit Tunnel]
Virginian&Ohio37.png (279.76 KiB) Viewed 8711 times
[State Line Tunnel - Virginia on left, Ohio on right]
[State Line Tunnel - Virginia on left, Ohio on right]
Virginian&Ohio38.png (299.77 KiB) Viewed 8711 times
[New Garver Forest]
[New Garver Forest]
Virginian&Ohio39.png (337.65 KiB) Viewed 8711 times
Any dream worth having,
Michael24
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Michael24 »

Last post was fantastic! Love the Virginian&Ohio34.png picture! :bow:

Edit: Congrats! :)
Nite Owl
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Nite Owl »

Married!! Will that not interfere with your posting of screenshots from and with the playing of OpenTTD? How could you? As one of your loyal fanboys I must protest!

In all seriousness and with the humor set aside I offer my hardiest of congratulations to you and your bride. May happiness and joy follow you both for the rest of your days. Now get back to work on those screenshots.
Humor is the second most subjective thing on the planet
------------------------------------------------------------
Brevity is the soul of wit and obscenity is its downfall
--------------------------------------------------------
Good Night And Good Luck - Read You Soon
Two5Kid
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Two5Kid »

Haha! And I thought no one noticed my little posting due to the amount of screenshots available. Thank you for all the well wishes. She's quite understanding and I don't think I'll be facing any problems with playing OTTD. It'll be a few more years for Junior to start hogging my PC and playing OTTD, which I doubt he would, no thanks to the much more graphically pleasing games out there.
Any dream worth having,
Two5Kid
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Two5Kid »

[Marlington & Roberts Mountain]
[Marlington & Roberts Mountain]
Virginian&Ohio40.png (327.91 KiB) Viewed 8629 times
After passing through New Garver, it's all downhill from then onwards. However, instead of just gradually going downhill, I created the next session for the purpose of trainspotting and photography. The downhill passage is made up of a couple helixes with tunnels and bridges. This is the first part, where there are two uphill and two downhill tracks. Mostly these tracks are used for freight services, in the background you can see the town of Marlington with the abandoned station.
[Another shot]
[Another shot]
Virginian&Ohio41.png (411.3 KiB) Viewed 8629 times
As you can see from here, the bridge is the second rung of the downgoing helix, the train will move clockwise from the current position, past the bridges, and after another helix, it will arrive at the lower levels where it'll move past the tunnels. More about that later on.
[Helixes]
[Helixes]
Virginian&Ohio42.png (354.5 KiB) Viewed 8629 times
The bridge part is part 1 of the downgoing helix, and the longer freight train is at the 2nd part of the helix. Really nice view right?
Any dream worth having,
Two5Kid
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Two5Kid »

[Tunnels]
[Tunnels]
Virginian&Ohio43.png (386.69 KiB) Viewed 8629 times
After manoeuvring past the 2 helixes, the trains will pass through this tunnels and turn up on the other side of the layout, just for showcasing, before disappearing into another tunnel towards Marlington. This is the part where some heavier trains would have extra locomotives attached to it for the upgoing travel.
[Marlington again]
[Marlington again]
Virginian&Ohio44.png (301.71 KiB) Viewed 8629 times
Passing by Marlington.
[Another scenic shot]
[Another scenic shot]
Virginian&Ohio45.png (257.86 KiB) Viewed 8629 times
The freight trains uses the upper level whereas the rest uses the lower rung. Freight trains are all heading towards South Marlington.
Any dream worth having,
Sabret00th
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Sabret00th »

Beautiful shots as always! ;) And congratulations for the happy event ;)
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

Wow, Two5Kid, married!? :shock:

Well, congratulations! :mrgreen:
Romano
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Romano »

Congratulations Two5Kid and nice shots again :mrgreen:

New Scenario I'm developing >> [WIP]Baltic Sea
Pingaware
Director
Director

Post by Pingaware »

Two5Kid wrote:Sorry my friends, took time off to get married, now I'm back in the business again! Yay!
Even master screenshot-ers may have time off for real life occasionally. Congratulations Two5Kid!

P.S. Screenshots good too
Two5Kid
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Two5Kid »

@ Pingaware + Romano + Bennythen00b + Sabret00th: Thanks for the wellwishes! Here's to a blissful marriage! 8)

Some last batch of photos before I switch to another simpler layout.
[Goods]
[Goods]
Virginian&Ohio46.png (247.54 KiB) Viewed 8481 times
Here is a shot of the goods terminal at South Marlington, accepting goods all the way across the layout from the Manningtree Food Processing Plant. It's a worthwhile travel, generating £20k per trip. Although that's for the simulation part of the game. Haha! Not real life cash.
[South Marlington]
[South Marlington]
Virginian&Ohio47.png (438.37 KiB) Viewed 8481 times
Whilst the goods train travel the lower portion of the layout, the coal service from Otto's coalmine, travels the upper portion. Here it is passing by South Marlington towards the power station. The goods terminal is in the background. It's nice to see long trains meandering through the layout, especially not on operating days. Just running some trains across the layout is quite pleasing to the eyes. Which is why my new model train club is getting more membership with each growing day. We're going to move towards a clubhouse which might feature a few layouts concurrently.
[Sawmill]
[Sawmill]
Virginian&Ohio48.png (206.94 KiB) Viewed 8481 times
Finally, the sawmill to complete the whole layout. Here we can see the lumber train parking, awaiting its load. It's a random throw of a 20-sided die, to decide how long a train should wait before being able to continue with its service. Haha! Luck of the draw perhaps. Most operating sessions take about 3-4 hours. Depending on the number of operators. During low turnout days, we just do some maintenance of the layout, running trains along the tracks.
Any dream worth having,
Nite Owl
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Nite Owl »

One of these days I am going to run out of complimentary adjectives to describe your screenshots. Not today though - superb work. I will be looking forward to the next layout.
Humor is the second most subjective thing on the planet
------------------------------------------------------------
Brevity is the soul of wit and obscenity is its downfall
--------------------------------------------------------
Good Night And Good Luck - Read You Soon
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

Two5Kid wrote:I don't know how to make a .rar, hopefully .zip would do. And by the way, I'm playing on a Mac with a really old version of OTTD, so I hope all works out well for you. Most of the grfs are just the basic I have, some are not even used in the game but I switch it on too.

As for the savegame, I'm not sure how you're going to run it. I hope it does run.

By the way, I can't upload some of the grfs, they are too big, but you can download them from the forum
1) Industrial Stations - indstatw.grf [1.3MB]
2) Canadian Stations v0.3d - canstnw.grf [2.6MB]

I would like to apologize in advance for the placing of the CanSet grf because it's unreleased by the developers but it's much needed if you were to get the savegame running.
i cant get the savegame to work,but nice other stuff supplied there

EDIT:

Game Load Failed
Broken Savegame - Invalid Chunk size

(also for the scn file)

any dev that is able to shed light on that?
Gremnon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Gremnon »

If you're running a modified build (that is, you've applied 1 or more patches, or a patchpack) then you'll need to mention this in that patch's thread, since some patches don't have trunk-compatibility. My own patch pack is meant to have the capability to load trunk games, but sometimes doesn't.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

In order of importance:

1. Amazing screenshots, I am in awe of your work
2. I wish to send my strongest congratulations for your marriage. May it be a long and healthy relationship!
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)

Return to “Screenshots”