[OTTD] Two5Kid's Screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] Two5Kid's Screenshots

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

how do you have BLACK for Company color?, i couldnt find that GRF
Gremnon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Gremnon »

It's in the OpenTTDCoop pack, there's two of them - purple to black and mauve to black
Two5Kid
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Two5Kid »

I'm not sure is it in the OpenTTDCoop pack but if Gremnon says it is, I think it is. I downloaded it off this forum. As Gremnon pointed out, you either change mauve to black or purple to black. Two very rarely used colours. But a word of advice, it looks more grey/gray rather than black. Especially your road vehicles.
Any dream worth having,
Is a dream worth fighting for!
Gremnon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Gremnon »

Check in the GRF Table here under Misc
Two5Kid
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Two5Kid »

[New Garver]
[New Garver]
Virginian&Ohio4.png (366.86 KiB) Viewed 8434 times
New Garver is the highest town on my layout at about 1 feet of the ground level. Haha! It's a bit sparse, I haven't managed to get the town going yet. Just lay down the tracks and the wiring first. Here is where most trains would have a stop or a rest after the climbing. This is how the US Station should look like instead of the 'half-platform' thingy.
[Marlington again]
[Marlington again]
Virginian&Ohio5.png (368.01 KiB) Viewed 8434 times
Another updated shot of Marlington which is now booming as more coal could be transported via train. There's an abandon station at the top of the hill, it's where the old line use to end. I'll show you more of the 'new' line. Very impressive.
[Tree planting]
[Tree planting]
Virginian&Ohio6.png (274.44 KiB) Viewed 8434 times
For this layout, I almost broke my back glueing these trees, here's some of my handiwork. Another few thousands to go!
Any dream worth having,
audigex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by audigex »

Very nice shots - I love that station and the tunnels. American stations, did you say? I'll have to check those out. What tunnel set is that? Is it part of something else or just "xx tunnel set"?
Jon
Two5Kid
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Two5Kid »

@audigex: Yep, it's part of the Czech tracks or something but someone made a GRF, which only inserts the tunnel. Well, don't be too happy with the US Station Set, because that's the only station they have. The others are a bit too modern.
Any dream worth having,
Nite Owl
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Nite Owl »

The tunnel entrance is indeed part of the Czech Rail Set but you cannot use just the tunnel entrance without also using the tracks. There is no parameter for that option in the set. Fortunately there is a stand alone version of the tunnel entrance grf available over at our Czech friends' Transport Tycoon Forum. To get it do the Clickity-Click Thingie Here. You are looking for a file named tunel002.grf.
Humor is the second most subjective thing on the planet
------------------------------------------------------------
Brevity is the soul of wit and obscenity is its downfall
--------------------------------------------------------
Good Night And Good Luck - Read You Soon
Pingaware
Director
Director

Post by Pingaware »

Nite Owl wrote:To get it do the Clickity-Click Thingie Here.
Off-Topic - I knew that Nite Owl would post the link. I tried to find it myself, but couldn't.

On-Topic - Nice screenshots Two5Kid.
Two5Kid
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Two5Kid »

[New Garver Forest]
[New Garver Forest]
Virginian&Ohio7.png (284.74 KiB) Viewed 8253 times
This forest is at the top of Summit Peak near towards New Garver. At the moment, an empty twin GMD GP9 is making its way towards the station. Plenty of logging is done here and they will be transported to the sawmill at South Marlington. Nevertheless, it's a long way downhill and I'll show parts of it soon. As you can see, not a lot of train services yet.
[New Garver-Lindale]
[New Garver-Lindale]
Virginian&Ohio8.png (185.71 KiB) Viewed 8253 times
The tracks are laid and ballasted for the southern region and I use a FP7 to inspect the tracks. It's equally important that the tracks are maintained properly prior to organizing the sessions, we wouldn't want any derailments to occur when the going gets tough.
[Undercliff]
[Undercliff]
Virginian&Ohio9.png (251.11 KiB) Viewed 8253 times
Undercliff, a new town being founded just beside the tunnel connecting this V&O layout to the outside world. At the monent, it's just receiving new construction plans for a station and tracks are to be laid nicely around the town.
Any dream worth having,
Two5Kid
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Two5Kid »

Everything looks like it's in a mess, which it is since the layout is only 65% completed. I'm just throwing around some teasers at the moment while I test run the layout and make sure the bits and bobs are working. Don't worry, a full scale history and operating manual would be up and about soon.
[South Marlington Sawmill]
[South Marlington Sawmill]
Virginian&Ohio10.png (221.63 KiB) Viewed 8216 times
The South Marlington Sawmill, currently receiving a batch of the finest logs from New Garver Forest.
[Otto Brier's Coalmine]
[Otto Brier's Coalmine]
Virginian&Ohio11.png (142.21 KiB) Viewed 8216 times
Otto is my friendly neighbour and he's an enthusiast too. But unfortunately he doesn't have the space at his home for a layout, so he drops by to help out. I gave him this coal mine area to make it his own. Since he has a knack for constructing a coalmine. Here it is in half-finished glory.
[Teaser]
[Teaser]
Virginian&Ohio12.png (300.21 KiB) Viewed 8216 times
These 2 trains run on the same line but check the horseshoe layout together with the tracks and the tunnels, once it's fully up and running, this would be quite an eye catching trainspotting spot. Haha! For the eagled eye, the different colour scheme for the locomotive is actually an extra service from outside of the V&O world. We do supply wood to the outside world via these extra train services.
Any dream worth having,
Two5Kid
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Two5Kid »

Another few teasers:
Attachments
[Crossing of trains]
[Crossing of trains]
Virginian&Ohio13.png (301.91 KiB) Viewed 8167 times
[Undercliff again]
[Undercliff again]
Virginian&Ohio14.png (296.89 KiB) Viewed 8167 times
[Another rail showcase at Mt Roberts]
[Another rail showcase at Mt Roberts]
Virginian&Ohio15.png (370.56 KiB) Viewed 8167 times
Any dream worth having,
Two5Kid
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Two5Kid »

South Marlington
[South Marlington]
[South Marlington]
Virginian&Ohio16.png (430.01 KiB) Viewed 8167 times
With Marlington being a town for the coalmine, South Marlington became famous for its power station and sawmill. With ample of flat land to built upon, the founding fathers of this town quickly encouraged town growth with a couple of perks. A freight dropoff was added to the town, making it a goods hub for the V&O region. Freight trains run pass the station on both sides of the town.
[Farm]
[Farm]
Virginian&Ohio17.png (251.03 KiB) Viewed 8167 times
The next pic shows the 'OUT' tunnel for connection beyond the layout, I've hidden dual tracks behind the mountains for 'visiting' freight/passenger trains from other layouts, a nifty feature allowing more trains than the ones I've already have.
Attachments
[Another view of South Marlington]
[Another view of South Marlington]
Virginian&Ohio18.png (399.31 KiB) Viewed 8167 times
Any dream worth having,
Two5Kid
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Two5Kid »

Finally had the layout up and running. It's time for the operating part of the V&O. Together with me, there's Otto, Peter, John and Sean. Making us the Gang of Five running this V&O layout. Although the perfect number of operators is within the region of 9 or so, but with the limited resources, 5 seems to be a good number.

Starting Point
[Undercliff Yard]
[Undercliff Yard]
Virginian&Ohio19.png (305.18 KiB) Viewed 8091 times
Undercliff Yard is the starting point of our weekly train operations, there are usually 2 scenarios, we carry on with what was leftover from the previous session or we start afresh. The goods and various raw materials are arranged randomly in the yard, usually by the Trainmaster (me). Here, crews are given short orders to group and run their trains based on the scenario cards handed out prior to the start of the session. Engines run from the TMD located west of the Undercliff Yard or sometimes they start off from the engine shed located at the yard.
[Leftover rolling stock]
[Leftover rolling stock]
Virginian&Ohio20.png (222.32 KiB) Viewed 8091 times
The rolling stock is usually from the previous session although as Trainmaster, sometimes a help from the 'hand of god' is required to place them randomly. As Trainmaster, I run a few freight trains along the tracks, sometimes stopping to drop carriages at Undercliff Yard, to simulate reality. If there are more crew members, someone else would be given this task.
[Non V&O]
[Non V&O]
Virginian&Ohio21.png (277.61 KiB) Viewed 8091 times
Once in a while someone brings along their train collection or I made use of some other rolling stock to simulate trains from 'outside' of the V&O. Dropping by at Undercliff Yard to pick up some freight or to exchange. This can be part of a scenario for certain crews, for example an operating session of assembling an empty livestock train to the farm and back again to Undercliff Yard to be picked up by this 'foreign' train.
Any dream worth having,
Nite Owl
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Nite Owl »

Wonderful yard work. Great stuff. Now that the layout is up and running I can hardly wait to see where it goes.
Humor is the second most subjective thing on the planet
------------------------------------------------------------
Brevity is the soul of wit and obscenity is its downfall
--------------------------------------------------------
Good Night And Good Luck - Read You Soon
beeb375
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by beeb375 »

I haven't had a look in the thread for a while, so apologies for that! Glad I stopped by to check out your latest work though, very nice, liking the story behind this one too.
“Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The ‘x’ makes it sound cool.”
Two5Kid
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Two5Kid »

@NiteOwl & beeb375: My two loyal fanboys! Haha! Thanks thanks.
[Undercliff]
[Undercliff]
Virginian&Ohio22.png (385.35 KiB) Viewed 7993 times
Once the train crews have their orders ready, they move out of Undercliff Yards and straight pass Undercliff. As the name implies, Undercliff lies just below some cliffs and it has been booming since the construction of the Undercliff Yards nearby. It's also a transit point for trains going out and coming in the V&O layout.

Here is Otto's train moving past Undercliff and heading towards the various freight stations along the layout.
[The exit]
[The exit]
Virginian&Ohio23.png (452.75 KiB) Viewed 7993 times
There's the exit out of V&O, actually there's a small staging area just behind the mountains with space for 4 trains. This would be the staging area for 'foreign' trains coming in and going out of V&O. Usually they are managed by me (trainmaster) but if we have casual visitors wanting to try their hands on managing some simple trains, they would be in charge of the 'foreign legion'.

Down below is Peter's crew. He's in charge of 2 trains for this current operating schedule because he has a very simple job, just transporting grain and livestock to the Food Processing Plant at Manningtree. Although it looks like he has a pretty simple and straightforward operating scenario, his job includes clearing the path for his trains, because time is of the essence in his case, because of the viability of the farm produce. His performance is based on the time needed to do 3 runs with his grain/livestock schedule.
[Nice meet]
[Nice meet]
Virginian&Ohio24.png (245.22 KiB) Viewed 7993 times
The tracks splits into 2 branches right after this area, one serving Lime Cliff and the other towards the Wynegate region further along the map. This is also a good spot for visitors to have some trainspotting.
Any dream worth having,
Two5Kid
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Two5Kid »

[Further along]
[Further along]
Virginian&Ohio25.png (327.97 KiB) Viewed 7990 times
Here you could see the difference between the two separated lines, the bridge line is heading towards Santel Yards and Lime Cliff, whereas the one below would enter the Stone Creek branch later on. The next few scale miles of track is mainly for fans/visitors to take photos of their favourite locos. The scenery and position of the tracks make it a really photogenic area. More of that in the next screenshot.
[Photo shoot!]
[Photo shoot!]
Virginian&Ohio26.png (316.59 KiB) Viewed 7990 times
Now this is one of the multiple trainspotting areas I have around the V&O layout. The coal service is being operated by John and a couple of SD40-2s, it's a really impressive train hauling coal towards South Marlington Power Station. On the Santel Yard branch, we have 2 trains travelling in different directions. Looks like Peter managed to get one of his 630Ms right on schedule without being blocked by an 'extra' hauling empty lumber cars controlled by me. Nice view ain't it?
[Rather empty]
[Rather empty]
Virginian&Ohio27.png (237.93 KiB) Viewed 7990 times
Well, after those trains have passed, this is rather empty. Santel Yard branch on top and Stone Creek branch below. The extra tracks you see on top of the Santel Yard line is heading towards Lime Cliff and the famous Lime Cliff Factory.
Any dream worth having,
Paltala
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Paltala »

lovely screens as usual, please could you post a .rar with the scenario and neccersary grfs? i would like to try and see what i can come up with=)
ImageImage
ImageImage
Gremnon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Gremnon »

Seconded, though maybe you could also put up a savegame too? I confess a curiosity to actually see the whole thing as it is, trains et all.

Return to “Screenshots”