[OTTD] Mini(IN) success story

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
MagicBuzz
Tycoon
Tycoon

[OTTD] Mini(IN) success story

Post by MagicBuzz »

1st of January 1920
After experiencing some difficulty to join my family for the end of year festivity, I decided to create my own transportation company.
I am living at Montpellier (to the west) and my family leave at Cannes (to the east). As I’m thinking about myself and my family first, I decided to build my first tracks between these two small cities.

2nd of January 1920
The first line opens. A small train will deserve the two new stations of Montpellier and Cannes. I just hope people will enjoy the new service and be confident into trains technology…

3rd of January 1920
First incomes. Is far less than I expected. A few people take the train that is loaded at only 30%. Anyway. My first mission is over: Montpellier and Cannes citizens can meet themselves as much as they want, and next year I will be able to receive my family in my house.

1st of March 1920
The line between Montpellier and Cannes is a total success. The two cities get a lot of benefits from the transportation to increase their economy. Customers from both cities can visit markets, and this dynamism just attract new citizens in the two cities. Every day, new customers come and use the rail service. I believe the train service is a good value for the next decades, and the cities should need an even better rail network. Because of this, I just decided to borrow 600k FF more, then bought a second train and increase the line capacity. Both stations have now two platforms, and rails are doubled also.

23rd of March 1920
Now, the company grew until a critic size. The revenues are too low to borrow the bank, but too big to stop growing. After some deals with Montélimar mayor, we agreed the current line should be stretched out to his city. Montélimar is a nice city, with some markets also, and a lot of citizens. It’s a chance for my company to make good profits, and for the three cities to get benefits from the transportation system. My banker agreed I borrow up to 5000k FF. So I was able to build a new station at Montélimar, and linking it with Montpellier using a double track way, and even a new train.

20th of April 1920
Three trains on a so huge line isn’t sufficient. All citizens complains about long waiting time. So I decided to buy five new trains for this line before the en summer. To show my willing, I bought the fourth train today. I have to continue investment until the end of August to get prove my company is able to keep promise.

10th of June 1920
This line stretch out is a total success. Economy impact is far better than expected, and Montpellier and Cannes just do one single city now as they grew a lot. This raise of cities population and market exchanges help me making more profit from the passengers. They gave me their confidence, and I have to say I kept word’s, and even with more than two month sooner than promised. Now, all the eight trains are built and deserve this line.

(Edit by Raichase: Changed to a link to avoid table breakage.)
(Edit by MagicBuzz: Picture croped to fit the screen size.)

25th of June 1920
As I make a lot more profit than expected, I decided to change the Montpellier and Cannes station to more modern and more comfortable ones. The mayor of Montélimar have some different with me about a extension of the line up to Angoulême, then refuses I do any construction in his station. But I believe a passenger service to Angoulême is a good thing for me and localities. Angoulême is a nice city and at only a few kilometers from a lake. This could bring tourists in the cities and give me nice profits.

15th of July 1920
Who thought? We are still not in August, but the new extension to Angoulême is open! This city is already big enough to ensure a lot of passengers traffic. Thus as I thought, a lot of tourists come from everywhere, boosting markets in every city connected to the express train service. So I even bought two more trains and plane to buy two more in the next month to handle the raise of traffic. Montélimar mayor’s was so pissed of than he locked his room and refused to make any comment.

27th of July 1920
It’s done. I have now twelve trains on the line. I have to take a break, and start pay back my loan.

4th of September 1920
I totally paid back my loan. Now, I can say my company is earning money. And like a tycoon apprentice, I won’t stop here. I already have some plans for Aurillac and other cities around…

29th of September 1920
The new line to Aurillac is now open. Aurillac is a calm small village. People from the city should like to come there to get some rest. I plane six new trains for this section. They should be running before the end of October.

15th of October 1920
My fleet is now of eighteen trains. As expected, Aurillac attract a lot of tourists. This new section is one of the most efficient of the whole line. People are ready to come from far to take some rest.

Here is my current complete network.

Last edited by MagicBuzz on 23 Dec 2006 16:06, edited 2 times in total.
Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

Greats shots, nicely laid out and well described. Thumbs up from me, well done. (-:
My OpenTTD screenshot thread.

Formerly known as Lankku / 2-10-0
Dave

Post by Dave »

Awesome shots. Great story.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

I had fun reading the first 3 entries of your story, but after that it became annoying because of the table breaking. I would really like to see that you cut the offending picture ([url]http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/5241/fig6vv8.png[url]) so the story is a bit more readable :).
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Your trains look a little off-colour? Are you using the correct (ie, Windows) version of the UKRS?
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Magicbuzz wrote:I installed OTTD using my old MS-DOS CD, and it work fine with the Windows GRFs :?
According to his posts in the OpenTTD section, no.
MagicBuzz
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MagicBuzz »

Raichase wrote:Your trains look a little off-colour? Are you using the correct (ie, Windows) version of the UKRS?
Yes, changed all my newgrf entries to match my DOS version (I thought OTTD was GRF Windows version only). Now i can't use my old saved game waaaa :cry:

But my steam engines are grey/red and my steam passengers wagons are brown/orange. That's why they are off-colour ;)

Diesel and electric trains will be much colourfull.

Return to “Screenshots”